Awaken

Eternal Flame

Hyunjoong blamed himself more when Youngsaeng still didn't wake up even after two days. There was no sign of the boy turning into a vampire but he wasn't waking up. The Headmaster also started to worry since he wasn't attending class.

"How's Youngsaeng?" he asked Hyunjoong with concern beside the sleeping boy after Night class had ended.

Hyunjoong shook his head. "There's no sign of him stirring or anything... What did I do? Why isn't he waking up?"

The Headmaster sighed. "Maybe it wasn't a good idea to put him in the night class... Who knew even you'd lose control? You're one of the most disciplined vampires in the country."

"It's just... What if I become thirsty again? I'm not craving for his blood anymore, even after two days, but I don't want to drink his blood again even if I do thirst for it... Blood tablets only work temporarily," Hyunjoong murmured in panic. "And he's not waking up even after two days. Just what did I do? Why hasn't he got up yet?"

"The most important thing is that he's alive and that he isn't turning into a crazy vampire," the Headmaster assured as he got up. "I think Youngsaeng will wake up soon so you shouldn't worry too much."

"How can I not? This is all my fault!"

"It's not your fault," the man comforted the latter with a fatherly smile. "You're a vampire. You have vampire instincts, too. He'll wake up soon."

Hyunjoong turned back to the sleeping boy and reached his hand out, caressing the boy's cheek gently, feeling his tears begin to leak out of his eyes. Why aren't you waking up? I miss you... I miss you so much. I want you to wake up already. I'm really worried, everyone's worried... Wake up soon... Please...

As if Youngsaeng had heard his thoughts, Hyunjoong heard him groan slightly as he began to stir. Hyunjoong's eyes widened as he grasped onto Youngsaeng's hand, quickly and gently shaking the boy. "Youngsaeng...? Youngsaeng? Wake up, please... Youngsaeng."

The younger boy slowly opened his eyes to see Hyunjoong above him, dripping red tears. He lightly smiled as his hand reached up and wiped the tears away. "You're crying... Why?"

He threw himself onto Youngsaeng as he began to cry even more, tears of blood streaking down his cheeks from his eyes and onto the sheets.

"Y-You idiot..." he hiccupped through his sobs. "Do you know how much you scared me? You're such an idiot! An idiot!"

Youngsaeng grinned and sat up with Hyunjoong still hugging him. "Is that really what you say to someone who helped you?"

He moved his hands to his neck and ripped off the bandage. The bite marks were already gone.

Hyunjoong sniffled and burrowed his face in the latter's shoulder. "Why...? Why did you sleep for so long? I was so scared, everyone was worried about you."

The younger boy hugged him back. "I didn't expect you to drink so much blood. You drank a little too much so my body had to produce more."

"I'm sorry..."

"But you don't feel thirsty now, right?" Youngsaeng asked, pulling away from the hug.

Hyunjoong wiped his tears away with his sleeve and sniffled with a slight smile. "I don't even feel hungry."

Youngsaeng pouted. "You still have to eat though. Have you been eating while I was asleep?"

"No..."

"You have to eat. Let's go eat. I'm hungry anyways," Youngsaeng said as he began to slide off the mattress.

Hyunjoong grabbed his arm and pulled him back.

From outside, Kyujong peeked in to see what was going on and he stopped, blinking owlishly when he saw Hyunjoong pinning Youngsaeng to the headboard, gently kissing him. The younger boy's arms wrapped tightly around the latter's neck as he tilted his head, his eyes closed.

Hyungjun came over to see what Kyujong was doing and his eyes widened when he saw the two on the bed.

"Wh--" he started but Kyujong immediately clasped his mouth and pushed him back, quietly closing the door as he ushered the younger boy. 

"Be quiet," he hissed. "Don't disturb them."

Youngsaeng broke the kiss when he thought he had heard something. "What was that?" he muttered as he looked at the door in suspicion. He was about to get up when Hyunjoong stopped him.

"Who cares?" the older boy murmured quietly as he brought his lips down to the boy's collar bone and began to on the skin. Youngsaeng's head to fell back as he released a soft moan.

Once Hyunjoong completed a vibrant red mark on the boy's milky skin, he transferred his mouth up, connecting their lips again. He nibbled on Youngsaeng's bottom lip and got permission to slide his tongue into the boy's moist cavern as he started to the latter's shirt with one hand, the other hand twisted in the boy's glossy hair.

"Are you sure this is okay?" Youngsaeng suddenly whispered, pulling away.

Hyunjoong smiled gently as he closed in on the boy's sweet lips again. "Of course it's okay. We're in love, aren't we?"