Demon Marathon: Results

Eternal Flame

Everybody gathered together at the park again so that the officials could reveal who had won the Demon Marathon. The Headmaster cleared his throat. "Well... This year's Demon Marathon was quite..." He couldn't find the right word.

"Anyways," Hyunjoong's father cut in. "We'll announce the winner. This year's 1st place is Kim Hyunjoong again... killing a total of 208 demons."

The Headmaster cleared his throat again. "This year's 2nd place is Heo Youngsaeng, killing a total of 196 demons. Next is an exorcists, Liu Amber, killing 154 demons."

"Park Jungmin killed 142 demons. Woo Kevin managed to kill 140 demons. Lee Alexander killed 125. Jung Krystal killed 122 demons," Hyunjoong's father announced.

"Lee Taemin also slayed 122 demons," another woman said. "Choi Minho comes next, annihilating 121 demons."

Taemin grinned at Minho, who glared at the younger boy. The woman continued. "Kim Hyungjun and Kim Kyujong killed 119 and 117 demons. Lee Onew annihilated... 116 demons. Kim Kibum killed 115 demons. Choi Sulli killed 105."

The girl breathed a sigh of relief when she heard that she was in the 100's.

"Yoo Hoon killed 104. Shin Dongho and Shin Soohyun has slayed 103 demons," the Headmaster continued. "AJ killed 101 demons. Eli killed 100 demons exactly. Kim Jonghyun and Kim Key killed 98 demons. Song Victoria killed 95 demons. Lee Kiseop killed 93 while Park Luna killed 92. Any questions?"

No one spoke. The Headmaster nodded.

"Exorcists, you cannot take it easy," the woman said. "The demons are soon going to spawning rapidly again. We will inform you if we find the nine-tailed fox. Keep training. Once the real nine-tailed fox appears, we'll have to be prepared."

"Neh!" the exorcists replied and disappeared as the woman did, along with a few other officials.

"Heo Youngsaeng, I would like to talk to you," Hyunjoong's father suddenly requested.

Youngsaeng's eyes widened and he quickly looked at Hyunjoong, who was glaring at his father.

"Would you mind if I went with him?" the boy questioned.

"I want to speak to him privately," the man told him.

"Then I'm not letting him go with you," Hyunjoong growled, standing in front of Youngsaeng, who was clutching onto his shirt tightly, shaking nervously. 

"No, I need to talk to him. It's about the nine-tailed fox. He might know something its whereabouts," his father explained. "As you could see, he summoned the giant fox and a summoner has to know where the creature is if he is to summon it."

Hyunjoong looked back at Youngsaeng worriedly. "Do you want to?"

The younger boy bit his lip but then nodded slightly. "Can you wait for me... please?"

Hyunjoong smiled and nodded. Youngsaeng stepped forward towards the man. Hyunjoong's father seemed to smile gently as he also stepped forward towards the boy, reaching his hand out politely.

"Dad, he doesn't like to skinship," Hyunjoong told him.

"Oh, I'm sorry," the man apologized as he quickly retrieved his hand. "Let's talk at that bench, shall we?"

Youngsaeng didn't reply and followed the man. Hyunjoong stayed where he was, watching with the Headmaster.

"Your name is Youngsaeng, right?" the man asked. "You can call me Mr. Kim."

Youngsaeng nodded and stared at the ground as he listened to the man talk.

"When I first saw you with your silver eyes," the vampire began slowly. "You reminded me of a beautiful woman I met a long time ago... About 500 years ago, I think."

Youngsaeng gulped nervously.

"Her name was Maria, just a gorgeous woman. The most beautiful I've ever seen. I, a vampire, fell for her, of course," he said with a slight chuckle. "It was a cruel love though for she was the nine-tailed fox and when she turned 18, her limiter broke and her soul was corrupted."

There was a silence for a few moments before Hyunjoong's father spoke again. "Like I said to Hyunjoong, in order to summon a creature, you have to know where the creature is and have somewhat of a relationship with it. What's your relationship with the nine-tailed fox? Do you know where it is?"

Youngsaeng didn't answer and kicked his legs, staring at the ground with his blank, silver eyes.

The man looked down at the boy and tapped him on the shoulder, causing the latter to jerk in surprise and look up at the man, startled. Hyunjoong's father suddenly saw his love in his eyes as he gazed into the boy's eyes. He slowly bent down, closer to Youngsaeng's lips but the boy moved back.

"What are you doing, Dad?" Hyunjoong's voice came from beside them.

Hyunjoong was glaring down at him. The boy grabbed Youngsaeng's arm and pulled him towards him. "What type of questions are you asking him? Why were you suddenly about to kiss him?"

The father chuckled as he stood up and dusted his coat off. "I mistook him for Maria for a second. His aura and eyes really resemble her so I became mixed up."

Hyunjoong narrowed his eyes at the man. "Don't get close to Youngsaeng ever again. I don't want you near him."

"Being possessive, huh?"

"No, just trying to protect from a certain somebody," Hyunjoong growled and whipped around, storming away while dragging Youngsaeng along with him.

The man's smile faded when he saw Youngsaeng look back at him. This boy is just like Maria, his personality, his aura, and his eyes. He can just be the replacement of her.