The Headmaster

Eternal Flame

Hyunjoong hurried outside and into the main building, towards the office. He burst into the room and without knocking, opened the door to the Headmaster's office. The old white-haired man swiveled around to face the boy from his desk. "Oh? Hyunjoong? What brings you here?"

Hyunjoong caught his breath and quickly closed the door behind him. "It's... Well... I'm not sure how to say this. It's bad news."

The elder man chuckled with rosy cheeks. "Oh, Hyunjoong-ah. I told you many times. There is no such thing as good news or bad news. Everything is just news. Now tell me. What is it that's on your mind?"

The boy sighed. "A human from the Day class knows that the students of the Night class are vampires."

The Headmaster froze. "Oh my... That is bad news."

"What do we do now?"

"Do you know how he knew?"

Hyunjoong shook his head. "He was being bullied this afternoon so I brought him to the Night class dorms."

"You WHAT?!" the man shrieked in shock, shooting up from his chair. "You brought him into the Night class dorms? How could you? You know I forbade you from doing so!!!"

Hyunjoong looked down at his feet. "I know... But I couldn't just leave him! He was being punched, his wrists were bleeding! He was even unconscious by the time I got there!"

"But why did you bring him to the Night class dorms?"

"There was no other place to take him to. I didn't know where his dorm was and if I went to the infirmary, the nurse would ask!"

The Headmaster sighed and sat down, his elbows on his knees. "And what are we going to do now? We can't let him stay in the Day class. He might leak out the information. We can't have any of the humans even think that vampires exist in the school or even in the world."

"All these years, we've worked hard to make them forget about vampires and live in peace. We can't ruin that connection now..."

"Oh, what are we going to do? What are we going to do?" the Headmaster grumbled worriedly, shaking his head slowly. He swiveled his chair around back to facing his desk. "I'll go to your room later to talk to you more about this. Make sure that boy is alive and awake in your room and prepared to be interrogated. I'm going to have a few questions for him."

Hyunjoong nodded. "Neh. I'll be going now then. In about how long will you be coming?"

"Thirty minutes to an hour."

The boy nodded and walked out the door, closing it softly behind him. He hurried back to his room and his mouth gaped open when he saw everyone crowding around the human boy.

"Ya!!!" Hyunjoong exclaimed as he caught everyone's attention. "What are you guys doing??? Leave him alone!!!!"

Kyujong pouted. "You can't keep him to yourself... We want to talk to him, too."

"No, I don't mean that," the older boy growled. "Please, don't panic when you hear this. Youngsaeng... knows that we are all vampires."

All of them fell silent, due to shock. They stared at Hyunjoong as he walked over to them and began to shoo them out of the room, away from the bed. "Get out. Get out. All of you get out. I've talked to the Headmaster. He's coming to see Youngsaeng soon so get out!!!"

Once he closed the door, everybody began to panic and run around the halls frantically, not knowing what to do.

"Ah! What are we going to do?" Key cried. "I knew we shouldn't have let that guy stay..."

"But... He was unconscious the whole time," Kyujong pointed out. "How could he had known?"

"Maybe he was pretending to be asleep," Taemin remarked thoughtfully.

"But if he didn't find out through us, then how else could he have?" Hyungjun questioned in confusion. "The only people who can tell who are vampires and who aren't are... ..."

"... Exorcists..." Jungmin finished for the younger boy, his eyes wide. "What if Youngsaeng's an exorcist?"

"If he was, he should have at least one silver eye!" Onew argued. "He can't be one. Hyunjoong would've told us about it if he did have one. He would've known right away that Youngsaeng knew."

"If both his eyes were normal color... Contacts...?" Hyungjun murmured. "Perhaps he had contacts on."

"Everyone, move aside please," a voice boomed from near them.

They turned to see the Headmaster standing a few feet away from them.

"Annyeonghaseyo!" they all greeted politely, bowing 90 degrees.

"Annyeonghaseyo. I need to set in the room. Please step aside," the man requested and everyone shuffled away from the door.

He opened the door to see Hyunjoong sitting beside a boy on the bed, making him drink something from a cup, being very careful. He closed the door behind him and sighed. "Annyeonghaseyo."