Don't Hate Me

Eternal Flame

"I'm the nine-tailed fox."

Hyunjoong froze for a second due to shock and pulled away from the hug, staring at Youngsaeng. The younger boy's eyes widened when he saw the latter's pupils dilate and he pushed the older boy away, running out the room and down the hall, his tears streaking down his face.

"Youngsaeng!" he heard Hyunjoong call after him as he chased the boy.

The boy kept running, dashing down the stairs, unable to hold his tears in. He hates me now... He definitely hates me. Now that he knows I'm the nine-tailed fox...  He burst outside, where it was raining. Once one drop of rain touched him, he felt electricity searing through him and the rosario began to crackle, just like it had when he had summoned the nine-tailed fox but this time, it was painful.

"Ahh!" he screamed and collapsed on the floor, gasping for air, the agony almost unbearable. "Stop! Make it stop! Stop!!!"

Hyunjoong reached the bottom and saw the boy kneeling on the wet pavement.

"Saengie!" he exclaimed and ran out into the rain also, quickly reaching out for the boy but right when he touched him, he felt the electricity from Youngsaeng sear into him. He grit his teeth in pain and looked at the boy. Electricity was sparking from the boy.

"Youngsaeng! Get out from under the rain!" the voice within him screamed. "It's bad for the cross! Hurry up and get out!"

The boy forced himself up and began to run again, towards the cover of the trees. Hyunjoong followed him.

"Get away from me!" Youngsaeng shrieked, gasping for air, as his legs gave away when he was finally under shelter, panting. Finally, the pain slowly faded away but since he was still wet, the electricity still snapped around him.

Hyunjoong grabbed the boy's arm, not caring about the pain the electricity was shooting into him and tried to get the boy to look up at him but he refused.

"Stop it. You hate me now, right? You hate me! Go away! You don't have to look at me anymore. I disgust you. Just leave!"

"No," Hyunjoong said firmly. "I'm not going to leave."

"Do you really dislike me that much now that you won't even listen to me? I--"

"It's not that, Youngsaeng!" Hyunjoong exclaimed, pulling the boy into his arms, clenching his jaw at the electric shocks. "Why...? Why didn't you just tell me before?"

"I didn't want you to hate me!" the boy answered loudly, pushing Hyunjoong away and wrapping his arms around his knees as he brought them close to his chest. "I didn't want you to turn against me. I wanted to stay by your side, stay with you. I just... I just wanted to feel loved at least once in my lifetime... I only wanted--"

"I don't hate you!" Hyunjoong interrupted in frustration. "Why can't you understand that? You're such an idiot! I would never be able to bring myself to hate you even if I wanted to. I love you, okay? I'm still in love with you. I don't care if you think you're a monster. I don't care if you're the nine-tailed fox. In my eyes, you're still you. You still love playing piano and you still love me, right?"

Youngsaeng looked up at him, his silver eyes and his tears reflecting the light of the moon, sparkling. He sniffled and looked away as he nodded slightly. Hyunjoong smiled and brought the boy close to him. Youngsaeng buried his nose into Hyunjoong's chest, wailing into the boy's jacket.

"I love you, I love you," Youngsaeng kept on repeating through his heavy sobs. "I love you so much. I don't want you to leave me... I love you."

The older boy tightened his hug, closing his eyes. "Finally, for 11 years, I've wished upon that wishing star and any comet I saw to see you again. What you taught me is true... I did see you again and am holding you in my arms right now... I love you, too. Nothing will change that."

Suddenly, a cold voice spoke from behind them.

"Maybe your feelings won't change, but ours just did."

Hyunjoong whipped around to see the five female exorcists from the West Genetics, standing in a triangle formation, their weapons already summoned out and ready to go.