Hunting Spree: Fear

Eternal Flame

The next night, they gathered in the hallway of their dorms, waiting for Mr. Ryu. The teacher appeared a few minutes later and gestured them with his finger for them to follow.

"Make sure not to get lost," Mr. Ryu started. "Don't be surprised if you see demons everywhere. Don't stand in one place. Destroy as many as you can. They will keep coming. Hyunjoong, do a good job protecting Youngsaeng."

Hyunjoong nodded. Youngsaeng stood near the back, hands fidgeting behind his back. Hyunjoong quickly waved him forward as all the vampires disappeared into thin air. The two exited the gates and once they were out of the barrier, their eyes widened in shock. Youngsaeng gasped in surprise. There were red auras all around the streets. Humans everywhere were giving off the aura as they were possessed. Hyunjoong looked back at the younger boy and saw his eyes flashing in the moonlight. He thought he saw the fox again.

"Hyunjoong, hurry up and move!" Mr. Ryu shouted from within the barrier. "Don't just stand there. I told you not to stay still."

The boy nodded and reached out to grab Youngsaeng but then hesitated.

"It's okay," Youngsaeng said, slowly reaching out his hand also, his heart pounding hard.

Hyunjoong swallowed, his face red, but clutched onto the latter's hand, beginning to run. His hand's so soft and warm... I feel like it's almost as soft as Saengie's fur... The vampire jumped onto a roof with Youngsaeng and stopped to let the boy catch his breath.

The older boy grit his teeth. Shoot... I didn't consider this... Youngsaeng can't run faster since he doesn't have stigmata and he can't jump that high either... How am I going to kill demons when he's completely defenseless?

"Hyunjoong..." he heard the boy murmur slowly. "I think... that's a demon..."

Hyunjoong's eyes snapped up and saw a red aura bursting out of dark figure with glowing, red eyes in front of them. He grit his teeth and sped forward, his palms flaming with fire. He stabbed the demon through the center of it's body and it screeched but fell onto the roof, it's body turning into smoke and disappearing into the night air.

Hyunjoong grabbed Youngsaeng's hand again and began to run, trying to find a safe place for the younger boy to hide. They landed in an alleyway and Hyunjoong was about to jump up onto the roof again when the clock struck midnight and Youngsaeng suddenly collapsed, holding his head in agony. Hyunjoong quickly kneeled down. "Youngsaeng? What's wrong?"

Youngsaeng's jaws clenched as cold sweat began to drip down the side of his head as his eyes were shut tight. Argh... This happens everytime... On my birthday... Why does my head hurt every time??? Hyunjoong got up, his hands in flames again, as he stood in front of the boy, facing a group of adult demons that were approaching them.

A few seconds later, the headache disappeared and Youngsaeng opened his eyes to look at demons and furrowed his eyebrow. What's different? My second silver eye is activated now but I can still only see auras...

The fox within him began to talk. "With that other silver eye activated, you can do what nobody else can do."

Youngsaeng stood up. "What can I do with this?"

He saw Hyunjoong surging forward to them with his magic and slicing through each of them smoothly. The ones that died fell to the ground and disappeared into smoke. But they kept coming and the two were trapped.

Youngsaeng sensed that the vampire was starting to get tired. He was continuously using strong magic and moving at an extremely fast speed. He was killing many demons but he was also wearing himself out at a fast rate. Soon, Hyunjoong retreated back a bit, kneeling on one knee, panting and sweating. Youngsaeng stepped in front of him.

"Youngsaeng, what are you doing?" the boy gasped. "You can't fight. Go behind me."

"No," the boy said. "Let me try something."

"This isn't the time to try something!" Hyunjoong argued. "It's going to cost us our lives if it doesn't work. I don't want you to get hurt."

Youngsaeng smiled and looked back at the boy. "If it doesn't work, you'll protect me, won't you?"

Hyunjoong's heart skipped a beat and he felt his cheeks heat up again.

"It will work," Youngsaeng said and he closed his eyes and took a deep breath. He did his best to gather his spirit magic up to his left eyes and when he opened it again, he could feel the power shoot out towards the demons.

The demons all began to shriek and Hyunjoong watched in wide eyes as they started to panic and attack one another, as if blinded. Soon, all of them were dead, disappearing into thin air.

"What was that...?" he muttered in shock. "Youngsaeng, what did you just do to them? Were they blinded?"

"Yeah, they were," Youngsaeng responded calmly. "Blinded by fear."

"How..."

"Fear Inducement. It can evoke and increase fear and horror in anybody. It works on demons, too. Only those with a second silver eye are able to do it."

"How come my mind control doesn't work on them if yours does?" Hyunjoong asked as he stood up, still catching his breath.

"Demons don't have minds," Youngsaeng replied as he began to walk out of the alleyway. "But they still feel fear. Everybody feels fear whether they like it or not."

"Is that your only power?"

The younger boy shrugged. "I don't know."

Youngsaeng flashed the eye at a demonized human and they heard another high-pitched scream. The demon rushed out of the human and began flying around in panic. Something stabbed into it and it disappeared into smoke. Looking up, they saw a young girl with a right silver eye and Minho on the roof. Youngsaeng saw a cool, blue aura pertruding from the girl. Hyunjoong jumped up, pulling Youngsaeng with him.

"Oh, it's Krystal," Hyunjoong greeted. "How are you?"

Youngsaeng clutched the older boy's tighter, feeling a little uncomfortable as he looked down at the tiles. Krystal looked at the boy, her silver eye flashing, and bowed slightly. "Annyeonghaseyo, I'm Krystal, an exorcist. You must be a vampire."

"Ah, no, he's actually isn't," Minho corrected. "Youngsaeng, can you look up please?"

The boy obeyed and Kyrstal gasped when she saw his eyes. "Wow! Two silver eyes? That's amazing!"

"Hyunjoong, do you know what was wrong with the demon?" Minho began with a scrunched up face. "It was going crazy, flailing around and it didn't even try to attack us."

"Youngsaeng did that," Hyunjoong said as he looked back at the boy. "Youngsaeng, come forward a little. Don't stay at the back," he gently coaxed.

Youngsaeng shuffled forward nervously and bowed. "An-annyeonghaseyo..."

"Youngsaeng did what?" another voice came from beside them.

The four saw Onew and another girl standing on the top of the roof, her right eye also flashing silver in the street lights, also having a blue aura around her.

"Oh, unnie," Krystal began. "There was this psycho demon running around. We killed it. Hyunjoong said that it was this boy's doing," she said as she pointed to Youngsaeng.

"That's Youngsaeng," Onew introduced, gesturing to the shy boy.

Luna smile and bowed. "Annyeonghaseyo Youngsaeng."

The young boy looked up and bowed quickly. Luna's eyes widened. "Whoa, two silver eyes? How did that happen?"

"You said that he was the one who caused the demon to go crazy?" Minho asked. "How?"

Hyunjoong looked at Youngsaeng but the boy shook his head. "I'd rather show than tell."

They nodded and all jumped down onto the sidewalk.

"Oh, there are a few demons," Krystal exclaimed, running towards a few trees.

The others followed and let Youngsaeng stand in front of them. He caught their attention and when they turned to look at him, his left silver eye flashed and almost immediately, the demons began screaming and shrieking, using spirit magic against each other until they were all dead. The exorcists' and the vampires' mouths dropped open in shock.

"What????" a voice came from behind them. It was Jungmin. "What just happened? The demons! They just went nuts!!!"

Hyunjoong looked back at Youngsaeng but the boy shook his head again. "Sorry... If I use it too much, I get tired... I'm not used to it yet so my stamina's already drained."

The older boy smiled and pulled the latter by the arm towards him. "It's okay. I'll protect you from now on. You don't have to worry."

Youngsaeng hummed with a smile.