Final: Good Bye

Eternal Flame

In a matter of time, all the vampires and the exorcists were gathered at the school. Hyunjoong could only stare at the nine-tailed fox, frozen. But what was strange was that he only saw the spirit magic for a second before all of it disappeared and he only saw the fox. And without all that spirit magic, the fox didn't seem that big. Instead, in the courtyard, he saw a small, black nine-tailed fox looking up at him with innocent, star-like eyes. But the buildings around them were crashing down and collapsing.

He heard screaming and glanced beside him to see one of the exorcist's body suddenly cut in half. Everyone was shouting and soon enough, there was blood splattering everywhere; on the bricks, on the walls, on the tree trunks and on the leaves. His eyes widened and he stiffened. Quickly, he looked down at Hyunsaeng to see that the toddler was frozen with fear.

In the midst of all the chaos, he scooped up Hyunsaeng and ran into the trees. "Hyunsaeng, you have to stay here. You can't wander off on your own. Do you understand?"

The little boy nodded, tears dripping down his round cheeks. Hyunjoong grit his teeth. "Crawl under that bush and stay there until I come back to find you, arasseo?"

Hyunsaeng understood and only when Hyunjoong saw his son disappear under the bushes did he run back into the fight. But he didn't understand what was going on? There was nothing there yet there were people shrieking, dying, and falling apart. They were losing their sanity, giving into fear. His eyes widened when he heard Nicole scream. Whipping around, he could only stare when he saw his fiancé lying on the ground, her upper body separate from her lower half.

"Nicole!" he shrieked, tears boiling in his eyes. He dashed over as fast as his legs could carry him but it was already too late. Nicole's eyes were clouded and lifeless.

He glared at the small, black fox in the middle of the courtyard and took a step towards it. Nothing happened. He cautiously took another step. Still, nothing happened. He continued to be careful until he had gotten right in front of the fox. Kneeling down slowly, he reached out and placed his hand on the head. In that moment, there was an uncontrollable anger boiling in his heart.

The fox continued to gaze up at him and sat down onto its hunches. It seemed to innocent yet it was killing all those people. Its nine short tails wagged behind it, like a single tail on a dog.

Taking a deep breath, he kept his hand on the fox and closed his eyes. At last, he could feel all that spirit magic and magic gathered up inside of him mixing and he handled it well. With his other hand clenched in a fist, he began to sweat and he squeezed his eyes tighter. Dust around him began to lift off the ground and the wind around him began to blow.

Almost immediately, the screams and shrieks around him quieted down and soon, he could only hear his own rapidly beating heart, connecting with the fox's pumping hearts.

It felt as if someone was guiding him through this procedure, teaching him how to control the spirit magic stored up in his blood step by step as he was doing it. He still couldn't tell but as he clenched his jaw, he followed the steps and could feel his head becoming faint. He heard a familiar voice comforting him and telling him that everything was going to be alright.

The pebbles and the loose earth scraped at his clothing due to the sharp winds he was creating around him. He could feel the cuts at his skin, ripping through his jacket and his pants but he didn't care. Letting out a cry, he threw the magic towards the center of his palm.

Little by little, the soft fur under his palm start to fade. His magic and his spirit magic combined, forming a feeling of power he had never imagined ever existing. He felt something shoot up his throat and he tried to hold it back but then ended up coughing up blood.

He grit his teeth, sending the magic even harder into sealing the fox. He moved his other hand on top of the hand that was touching the black fox and felt a burst of electricity searing through his body. More blood came up his throat and instead, they trickled out of the corner of his mouth. Getting down on both his knees, his hands began to shake, his body wracking as he hurled up more crimson liquid and released all the magic he had contained in him.

When the feeling of the fur beneath his hands was completely gone, he opened his eyes and saw a white fox in the place of the black one. The fox seemed to smile, his eyes glowing silver in the pure white moon. Panting, Hyunjoong bowed his head down as he lowered his hands, continuously choking up blood.

Looking at the white fox, he saw a flash from the eyes and he felt something in him crumble. He blinked and the fox was gone. Suddenly, the memories flowed right back in. He could see everything replaying in his head, starting from his childhood up until when Youngsaeng had erased his memory. Immediately, tears began to drip down, remembering the times when he had called the boy Kyuyoung, not remembering him at all and how Youngsaeng must've felt. He could already see the hurt in the latter's eyes.

Without warning, he heard the sound of crying from nearby. He looked back and saw everyone staring at him in shock and astonishment but he didn't care. That crying sound was Hyunsaeng.

"Mommy!" the voice shrieked.

His eyes widened and holding back the blood urging to spit out, he struggled to stand up onto his shaking legs and stumbled over to where he had left his son. He continuously tripped and fell, causing more blood to ooze out of his cuts but he didn't care. Youngsaeng, Youngsaeng, Youngsaeng.

When he finally found his son, he saw him on his knees, holding someone's hand. Hyunjoong widened when he recognized that person, face down, under the piles of debris of what used to the warehouse beside the Night class building and quickly knelt down, throwing off the planks of wood and stones.

Finally, when he was able to pull the boy out, he already realized that there was no hope anymore.

"Saengie..." he whispered, tears b his eyes as his trembling hands reached out and gently caressed the boy's cheek. The rosario had already shattered. "I'm sorry... Youngsaeng... Wake up... Was this supposed to happen? Why did you have to this? Tell me why..."

"Eomma..." whimpered Hyunsaeng, crawling over to the boy and shaking him. "Eomma, ireona.."

All of a sudden, he saw a faint rise of the boy's chest and his eyes roundened. "Hyungjun! Hyungjun!" he started to scream. "Hyungjun!"

In a matter of seconds, the boy was beside him, panting. He saw Youngsaeng on the floor and his pupils dilated as he quickly kneeled down, his hands glowing white as he placed one on the boy's head and one on the chest. Soon, Kyujong and Jungmin also arrived.

"Youngsaeng!" exclaimed Jungmin and kneeled down quickly, looking the boy up and down to find other wounds. He bit his bottom lip when he x-rayed the boy and saw massive internal bleeding and a number of broken bones caused by the debris fallen down upon him. He grabbed Hyungjun's hand. "It's no use... No matter how much you heal him, he won't live."

"I know, but at least so that he can say something, even for a few seconds," Hyungjun gasped, his hair sticking to his forehead with sweat. He clenched his jaw and tried to continue but the white glow was fading.

Hyunjoong held tightly onto Youngsaeng's hand, his vampire tears pouring out. "Youngsaeng, Youngsaeng... Wake up... I need you, please... Hyunsaeng needs you."

Kyujong was at the side, comforting the little todder in his arms, who was sobbing incontrollably. "Mommy..."

 Hyunjoong gently picked up Youngsaeng and placed the boy's head on his lap. "Youngsaengie, wake up," he murmured. 

His breathing came back when he heard a soft groan and Youngsaeng slowly opened his eyes and saw Hyunjoong above him. He smiled faintly and reached up, his arm trembling. Hyunjoong grabbed the boy's hand and pressed it against his cheek, his tears still dripping. One of the first thing he had noticed was that Youngsaeng no longer possessed silver eyes. They were pure black, filled with smiles and relief. 

"I'm sorry... I'm sorry..." he kept on apologizing.

Hyunsaeng ran over. "Mommy! Mommy!"

Youngsaeng smiled. "Hyunsaeng-ah..." he rasped. "You did well, eo?" He turned back to his love. "You, too..."

The vampire nodded, biting his bottom lip. "Don't speak anymore. You'll live just fine. You'll definitely live, arasseo? Just stay awake for me."

The younger boy shook his head slightly, taking a small breath. He forced himself to keep his smile even though tears stung his eyes. "Hyunjoong-ah... Saranghae... Neomu saranghae..."

Hyunjoong nodded in response. "I love you, too. Don't leave me. I said I'd save you."

It hurt to breathe, Youngsaeng's broken ribs piercing his lungs. "Hyunjoong..." he whispered, voice barely audible. "Kiss me..."

Hyunjoong bent down without hesitation, pressing his lips against Youngsaeng's. He let go of Youngsaeng's hand and brought his hand down to the latter's head, bringing him up slightly. He could taste blood but didn't care. Youngsaeng's eyes fluttered closed and he smiled softly in the kiss; his hand fell from Hyunjoong's cheek. When the older boy pulled away, he couldn't force himself to smile; his heart hurt too much when he saw his lover's tranquil, sleeping expression. A tear trickled down his cheek as he bit the inside flesh of his bottom lip.

His hands shaking, he could only hunch over, tightening his jaw to stop his teeth from chattering. Hyunsaeng began to wail and nobody tried to quiet him down, letting him let out his emotions. Kyujong bent down beside Hyunjoong. "Gwenchana, we're not here to judge you."

Burying his face in Kyujong's slightly ripped jacket, he let out his stifled sobs, his hand still holding tightly onto Youngsaeng's. Jungmin and Hyungjun also couldn't hold back their tears and ended up crying as well. The vampire kept on repeating Youngsaeng's name, his voice muffled by Kyujong's jacket. With trembling arms, Hyunjoong hugged his lover tightly against his chest, pulling away from his best friend.

"Eomma! Eomma!!!" Hyunsaeng began to scream on top of lungs, reaching for the dead boy. "EOMMA!!!!!"

Hyungjun bit his bottom lip and took a deep breath, taking the toddler and placing his hand on the boy's forehead. "I'm sorry hyung," he murmured before a white glow formed around his hand and Hyunsaeng fell unconscious into his arms, tears still trickling from the corner of his closed eyes.

Kyujong understood what the boy was doing and stood up, going over to Hyunjoong and placed his forehead on the boy's head. Hyunjoong's eyes widening. "Stop it! Shireo!"

The younger boy didn't have time to send magic into Hyunjoong's brain before the older vampire slapped his hand away and glared at him. "I don't want to forget him again!" he yelled, panting heavily. Blood was still pouring out of his wounds.

He bent over again, cuddling Youngsaeng's body. "Don't make me forget him again... I don't deserve it... I should hurt like this for the rest of my life..."

"No, hyung--"

Hyunjoong cut him off. "All that time, Youngsaeng must've been suffering... Now it's my turn to suffer. No matter how long it takes, I want to experience that courage he needed in order push through and make this decision. I need to do that, too."

"Hyung--"

"Stop it!"

"You're still bleeding," sighed Hyungjun and got up, passing Hyunsaeng over to Jungmin before he bent down behind the older vampire, placing his hands on the back and hands glowing white.

"Aren't you tired?" Kyujong asked worriedly.

"I'm fine. Hyunjoong hyung's the one who most needs comforting right now," said Hyungjun as he continued to close the bleeding wounds.

Hyunjoong gazed at his lover's facial features, tracing his finger around the face and down the nose, his tips gently brushing the long eyelashes before he bent down and kissed the latter again. Swallowing his upcoming tears again, he forced a soft smile and pecked both the younger boy's eyelids before setting him down on the ground. Kyujong put his hand out and suddenly, ice began to form around Youngsaeng's body and encased him.

Hyunjoong looked up at his best friend. "What are you--" He stopped when he saw the latter smile sorrowfully as he spoke. "You never want to forget him? Then I will keep on reminding you of him. He will lie here in the ice coffin for the centuries until you die. You will keep on visiting him and remembering him, you will never ever forget him. Until your death, you will suffer what he suffered and feel what he felt."

The older vampire flashed a regretful smile. "You're going to make every word of mine come true, aren't you?"

Kyujong smirked along with a sad chuckle. "What are best friends for?"

 

 

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This may be called the Final but it's not the end yet. There's still an epilogue~ Look forward to it :3 I know many of you didn't want Saengie to die but I had this alll planned out from the beginning. Sorry :'( I cried while writing this part *sigh*