Panic

Eternal Flame

Taemin quickly looked over the edge and didn't see Youngsaeng but only saw a certain small part of the roaring river turning red. Ha paled and began running wildly through the forest, back towards the school.

"Somebody help!!!!!!!!" he shrieked on top of his lungs, his upcoming set of tears beginning to blur his vision as he ripped through the thick bushes, not caring of what the thorns or branches were doing to his clothes or legs. "Please!!!! Someone help him!!!!!!!!!!!!! He's hurt!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Help him!!!!!!!!!!!! SOMEONE!!!!!!!!!!"

In no time at all, he had arrived back at the school grounds and burst into the Night class building, yelling as he rushed up the stairs, tears shrieking down his face.

"SOMEBODY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HELP HIM!!!!! HE'S DYING!!!!!!!!!!! PLEASE, SOMEONE!!!!!!!!!!"

Back in Hyunjoong's room, they heard Taemin's screams and immediately rushed out, along with Jungmin, Hyungjun and Kyujong who had not joined in the conversation. They saw Taemin running through the hallway, tripping clumsily over his own feet as he tried to go as fast as he could with a blurred vision.

"What's wrong?" Key asked quickly as he stopped the boy and tried to calm him down. "What happened?"

"Y-Youngsaeng..." Taemin tried to speak through his heavy sobs. "Youngsaeng!"

Hyunjoong's eyes widened and he got closer to the boy. "What happened? Where is Youngsaeng? Did he talk to you? What happened to him?"

"Cliff... Cliff," Taemin hiccupped. "He fell off a cliff!!! I saw him bleeding!!!!"

"Did you push him?" Jonghyun exclaimed.

"No! Definitely not!" the boy sniffled, shaking his head. "Please believe me! He... He just fell! I didn't do anything. I was about to... take his hand and the ground crumbled! It just... He just disappeared! Please... I didn't do anything. I just... I thought... He just fell! The cliff crumbled!"

"Where is the cliff?" Hyunjoong asked.

"I-It's... It's at the end of the forest, right in front of the river," Taemin wailed.

Hyunjoong and Kyujong immediately zipped away and out the doors, heading to the cliff that Taemin had tried to describe. Hyunjoong got there first and looked around. Kyujong caught up, panting. "Where is he?"

"He fell off," Hyunjoong growled and then ran over to the ledge, looking down. There was no sight of the boy but he quickly ran to the side of the slope and slid down a steep, rocky hill.

Right away, he saw a figure lying on the stony shore of the river, the pebbles around it red.

"Youngsaeng!" he shouted and ran over. The boy was unconscious. Hyunjoong carefully turned the boy's head slightly and sighed in relief when he saw that the cut had closed itself already. "Youngsaeng, can you hear me? Youngsaeng!"

Kyujong caught up and kneeled down beside Hyunjoong. "Idiot, of course he can't hear you. He's unconscious right now. Aish~ I knew we should've brought Hyungjun along with us."

"Well, only knowing doesn't mean you did it," the older boy huffed and began to feel the boy's arms, legs and ribcage. "I think he'll be okay," Hyunjoong confirmed and looked up from where Youngsaeng might've fallen. "But... considering that he had fallen from all the way up there, I have a feeling he has a few broken bones."

"Should we bring him to the hospital?"

"I think Hyungjun should be enough, after all, he's a medical expert," the older boy said. "Go and get Hyungjun. If we move him, we might cause more damage to his body. Hyungjun should know what to do."

Kyujong nodded and sped away. Hyunjoong sighed as he sat cross-legged on the pebbles beside Youngsaeng.

"What happened...?" he murmured, gently the boy's hair. "I want to believe Taemin but it's so hard to. Maybe when you wake up, you can tell me what happened. He hates you. It's only natural if he pushed you down the cliff..."

He bent over and softly gave Youngsaeng a smooch on the forehead before he smiled and continued petting the unconscious boy. Soon, Hyungjun arrived and he inspected the boy with hard eyes.

"Hmm..." the younger boy grumbled. "Judging from his breathing, I don't think he'll wake up anytime soon. His bones... Well, I can tell his left arm's broken, good thing it's not his right. He twisted his right ankle and two of his ribs are cracked."

Hyungjun turned the boy onto his stomach, inspecting the back. He let out a breath. "Good, his spine's fine. It if had been broken, that would've been a problem. But his wound closed, I would say, about 20 minutes after so that bleeding is not... too bad, not for him at least. A normal person would've died but his body's going to have to produce more blood."

"We can move him now, right?" Hyunjoong asked.

"I already got Key and Jungmin to bring a stretcher or something that Youngsaeng can lie on. We don't want to open his wounds again," Hyungjun told the older boys, looking up and shouting. "Are you done yet?"

"Yeah! We're coming!" Jungmin's voice yelled back from the cliff.

They saw the boys slowly descending with the stretcher with the aid of Minho and Onew. Jonghyun was trying to stop Taemin from crying so much as they were going down the slippery slope. Jungmin and Key rushed to the unconscious boy.

"Oh my god, oh my soul!" Jungmin exclaimed in shck. "He fell off the cliff? Are you sure Taemin didn't push him off?"

"He does have a reason to," Onew remarked.

"We'll have to ask Youngsaeng when he wakes up," Kyujong sighed as Hyungjun instructed Jungmin and Key how to move Youngsaeng onto the stretcher without causing too much movement to the injured boy.

Finally, 10 minutes later, the whole group was heading back up the hill again and going back to the school.

Once Youngsaeng was set down carefully on the bed, Hyungjun made everyone leave the room so that he could concentrate on treating the boy's broken bones.

Outside, Onew and Minho were trying to coax Taemin out of the washroom. He was still sobbing, his eyes puffy red and his tears streaking down his cheeks. Key went over. "Maybe we should just leave him alone right now. He needs to calm down."

"No, right now, he needs a hug," Minho insisted as he knocked on the door. "Taemin, come out. Don't stay in there. Talk to us, okay? It's alright. We're not mad at you."

"Y-Youngsaeng..." they heard the boy sniffle from inside. "Wh-what if... What if he hates me now...?"

"I thought you hated him. Why are you worried about that?" Jonghyun asked.

"H-He hates me, doesn't he?" Taemin wailed from inside, ignoring the dino's question. "He hates me... He fell off the cliff and I didn't rescue him, I didn't help him. All I did was run! Of course he would hate me!!!"

"Saengie doesn't hate anyone," Hyunjoong's voice came from behind them. "He would never hate anyone no matter what they did. He doesn't even hate my dad after what he had done."

"What do you mean?" Kyujong questioned as he stepped forward. "What did your dad to to him?"

Hyunjoong glowered down. "He ually harassed Youngsaeng."

"Eh? But Youngsaeng said that your dad didn't do anything!" Hyungjun's voice came from the door of the room that Youngsaeng was in. He was just exiting after finishing treating the injured boy and heard the conversation.

"He lied," the older boy sighed. "Didn't want you to worry so I agreed with him."

"And he doesn't hate your dad? What the heck is wrong with that guy?" Jungmin exclaimed in exasperation as he slid down the wall. "I would've never forgave your dad if he did that to me. I would've went directly to the Council and told them what had happened."

"That's what I did," Hyunjoong said. "I paid that Council a visit when they were all gathered and told them that the exorcists had perished and that Youngsaeng was by my father."

"What'd the Headmaster do as a punishment?" Kyujong asked curiously.

"Banished him."

"Well that's a good punishment," Key remarked as he went forward to the washroom door with a key.

"A key? Are you sure it's the right one?" Jonghyun questioned with furrowed eyebrows.

"The Headmaster has the master key. It can open all the doors in the school, including the Night class. I just went to him and he lent it to me to open this stupid door," Key said as he inserted the piece of metal and slowly turned the knob.

There was Taemin, sitting curled up in a dark corner, his face buried in his knees. Key and Onew hurried over to the boy, gently patting him on the back and shoulders.

"Oh, Minnie, it's alright," Minho murmured as he the boy's back. They got him to stand up and walk out of the washroom as he hiccupped, trying to stop his tears.

Minho, Jonghyun, and Key went with Taemin to his room as Onew stayed outside with the other four.

"So..." Onew started as he turned to them. "Do you still think that Taemin pushed Youngsaeng down?"

"I have a feeling he didn't," Hyungjun told him. "I can tell he's not lying. He was telling the truth. Youngsaeng probably didn't fall on purpose either. I mean, that cliff wasn't very sturdy anyway."

"Is Youngsaeng going to wake up soon?" Hyunjoong asked as he headed to Youngsaeng's room.

Hyungjun shrugged and followed him. "Probably in a few hours... Not very soon though. He did lose a lot of blood after all so his body is probably lacking in that area right now and is producing more very rapidly."

Hyunjoong sighed and sat onto the bed beside Youngsaeng, brushing a few loose hairs out of the boy's face. Kyujong smiled. "He looks so cute like this."

"Ya, he's hurt. How can you even think that?" Jungmin scolded.

Kyujong pouted. "It's true."

"Do you think he'll be okay?" Onew asked. "I mean, broken bones, excessive bleeding..."

"Dude, he's the nine-tailed fox. Of course he'll be okay," Kyujong remarked and turned back to Youngsaeng.

Hyunjoong glared at at his best friend and he realized what he said. Kyujong smiled awkwardly. "Well... I'll just pretend I never said anything."

Hyungjun sighed. "I'm going to sleep. Doing all that healing really drains my magic."

"But what if something happens?" Jungmin asked.

"Nothing will happen as long as you don't bother him or move him," Hyungjun hissed as he walked out with Onew following him.

Jungmin and Kyujong looked at each other. "So..."

"You two can leave," Hyunjoong said. "I'm going to stay beside him."

Kyujong grinned and slapped his buddy playfully. "Aigoo~ Such a loyal boyfriend."

"Hope he gets well soon," Jungmin said and left the room, Kyujong closing the door behind him.

Hyunjoong lay down beside Youngsaeng, kicking his shoes off and climbing under the blanket. Though he wanted to hug the boy tightly, he was afraid that he would hurt and break the boy's fragile bones again and so, kept his hands to himself that night.