Father & Son

Eternal Flame

"I would like to meet your father again."

Hyunjoong paled. "E-eh? My father? Why?"

Youngsaeng brought Hyunsaeng into his arms and stood up. "You'll see."

---------------------

The two had left Hyunsaeng in their friends' care as they headed out. Hyunjoong still wondered why his lover wanted to go see his father and was still strongly against it but Youngsaeng managed to persuade him without revealing his intentions.

They entered the mansion in which Hyunjoong's father lived in. The older boy grabbed onto Youngsaeng's hand to make sure not to lose him, making sure that the latter was always in his sight no matter what.

"Are you sure you want to do this?" Hyunjoong questioned with worry.

The younger boy smiled and nodded. "It's not that I want to do this. It's just that... your father needs it. I know how he was before. His heart was pure, just like yours, but after Maria left him, he became corrupted, greedy, selfish."

Hyunjoong stayed silent as he led Youngsaeng down the dark, eerie hall and stopped in front of a room. "This is my father's room... I don't know if he's here but it's the best bet."

"If your father is here... Can you leave me and him alone for a while?"

The older boy's eyes widened as he quickly shook his head. "No! You're not staying with him alone! What if he does something to you? I won't be able to hear a thing! This rooms are soundproof. I--"

"Exactly three minutes is all I need," Youngsaeng interrupted.

Hyunjoong stopped. "Three minutes? But... I don't want you going in there alone. He definitely will do something if I'm not with you."

"He won't," the latter assured, lightly pecking Hyunjoong on the lips. "I told you. Once I go in, three minutes is all I will be needing. If three minutes passes, you can come in."

The older boy bit his bottom lip in reluctance but Youngsaeng gently caressed his cheek, making him soften up. "Three minutes. That's it."

Youngsaeng smiled. "Mhmm... That's all I will need." He turned to the door and wrapped his hand around the knob but stopped when Hyunjoong suddenly hugged him tightly from the back. "Be careful."

"I will."

The younger boy turned the door knob and slowly creaked open the door, stepping in and immediately closing it behind him. Hyunjoong stayed outside, his heart racing nervously. He pressed his ear against the door but there was no sound was let through. It was eerily silent in the hallways but he was used to it. He began pacing up and down in front of the door, checking his watch every five seconds to see if three minutes had passed but time passed incredibly slow, each minute dragging like a whole day. What was happening in there?

------

Youngsaeng entered the room and closed the door behind him. Hyunjoong's father was in there and was lying on the bed, his face pale and his eyes closed.

"What are you doing here?" his voice came as he opened his eyes. The boy took a deep breath and from behind his back, pulled out a small box. "I know you know already... But I wanted to give you something."

The man smirked, turning his head to face the young boy and seeing the box. "Poison to kill me? Sorry but poison has no effect on vampires."

"No, something else," Youngsaeng told him as he walked up to the bed and gave it to his lover's father. "Open it... You won't regret it, I assure you."

Hyunjoong's father sighed and sat up then looked up at Youngsaeng. "Why are you here? Aren't you afraid that maybe I'll molest you again?"

"You might... But you won't," the boy said with a soft smile and then gestured to the box. "Open it."

Hesitantly, the man lifted the lid and his eyes widened when a sudden shine of light blinded his eyes. When the light faded, he saw a shining crystal in the box, glowing white light. Youngsaeng spoke again. "Who do you want to see?"

Without warning, the crystal glowed again and the glow off the crystal rose up into the air, forming a shape. The man could feel tears well up when he saw who it was. Youngsaeng smiled and stepped out of the room, letting the man have the next ten minutes alone with his beloved.

Hyunjoong saw him and hurriedly brought him into his arms, burying his face into the crook of Youngsaeng's neck. Without giving time for the younger boy to protest, he inspected the latter's face and then the neck and the collar bone. No hickeys and his lips weren't swollen. Hyunjoong sighed in relief. "He didn't do anything...?"

Youngsaeng shook his head and opened the door slightly to let Hyunjoong peek through. The older boy looked in and pupils dilated when he saw his father smiling and crying at the same time as he talked with a beautiful woman standing before him. The aura was the same as when he had talked with Stella Fairchild. The younger boy quietly closed the door.

"You... gave him a Raindrop?" Hyunjoong clarified. The latter nodded. "It took another while to make and it was energy draining but... it was worth it. I think he should be able to say what he wanted to say 500 years ago to his loved one."

The couple began walking down the hall and towards the entrance of the mansion again. Suddenly, they heard Hyunjoong's father voice coming from down the hall, calling Youngsaeng. They turned to see the man running towards them. Hyunjoong instinctively stood strongly in front of Youngsaeng.

"Youngsaeng-ssi..." Hyunjoong's father began with tears in his eyes and a smile. He got onto his knees. "Thank you... Thank you so much."

The son relaxed slightly when he saw that his father meant no harm to his boyfriend. Youngsaeng stepped forward and bowed. "I'm glad you were able to see Maria again."

Mr. Kim nodded as he stood up. "I can't thank you enough... I was finally able to see her again. All these years, I've wished to see her and finally, you made it come true. Thank you. I do not how to repay you."

Youngsaeng smiled. "There's no need to repay. As long as your heart is finally less burdened and happy, that is enough payment for me."

"Aigoo~ You're talking like you're a hundred years old," Hyunjoong chuckled, pulling gently on his lover's cheek. The latter pouted as he hit him playfully on the arm. "Don't tease me."

The man watched in nostalgia, remembering the happy days he and Maria used to have when they also joked with each other.

"Hyunjoong," he interrupted the playful atmosphere. His son turned to him, the grin turning into a frown. "What?"

"You've chosen right."

Hyunjoong huffed and turned. "Of course I have. I'm not like you." And with that, he grabbed Youngsaeng's arm and pulled him away from his father and out the mansion. The man watched with a slight smile and sad eyes.

Youngsaeng giggled when they stopped in the forest. "You're just like your father."

The older boy looked at him. "How could you say that? I'm nothing like him?"

"Oh? Really?"

Hyunjoong looked away, pursing his lips with a slight blush. "I admit it, okay? Maybe I am a little like him. Only a little bit though." Youngsaeng chuckled and intertwined their fingers as they walked through the forest.

"Like father, like son."