Time

Eternal Flame

Even though Hyunjoong was... happy to be taking care of his own child with his beloved, what he was discontented about was that Hyunsaeng was taking time away from his precious moments with his lover. In two weeks, the vampire was already somewhat regretting to keep the baby and wished that he had went along with Youngsaeng's decision instead. Hyunsaeng, by then, had already begun to understand and speak, learning to accept the hugs of those around him.

"Saengie-ah..." Hyunjoong started one day in their room as they were lying on the bed side by side. Hyunsaeng was being taken care of by his uncle, Kyujong, so that Youngsaeng could rest for a little while.

The latter looked at him, humming in response. The older boy took a deep breath. "Well... You see... Hyunsaeng..."

"Hmm? What about him?" the other asked as he to his side, facing his boyfriend. "Is there something wrong?"

"I feel like he's been taking time away from us," Hyunjoong confessed hesitantly as he looked away. "I'm still trying to find a way to save you and I definitely will... But I wanted to spend as much time with you as possible, every second of the day I want to be with you. But your attention now is always turned to Hyunsaeng. I can't sleep right beside you anymore because Hyunsaeng is always between the two of us, we can't do anything that I want to do in front of him."

Youngsaeng grinned as he reached out and turned his lover's hand to face him. "Hyunjoong-ah... You're jealous of a baby?"

Hyunjoong blushed. "I just... I just want to spend more time with you. Please understand, Saengie. That's all I want."

The younger boy leaned in and closed his eyes, placing his lips on the older boy's. "But you're the one who decided to keep him, weren't you? I felt that Hyunsaeng needed a real family and I still think that but he's already bonded with everybody else here. It's going to be hard for him to leave."

"It's not that I want him to leave," the latter said. "I think that the others can take care of him just fine. I want some more alone time with you. Hyunsaeng can play with Kyujong and Hyungjun, can't he? They can show him tricks and provide the same care that we give him."

"They can," Youngsaeng started. "However, parents taking care of a child versus family members taking care of a child is completely different. Hyunsaeng already recognizes the two of us as his parents. Leaving him with others will make him feel as if we don't care about him."

"But we do!" the older boy protested. "We love him a lot. It's just that..."

The cute boy smiled as he pecked his lover on the forehead. "This is the sacrifice that comes along with taking care of a child. I should've told you to think it through a little more in the beginning."

Hyunjoong looked away again, cuddling closer to the warm body of Youngsaeng. The latter sighed, wrapping his arms around the older boy, bringing him closer. "If you're really that desperate, we can inform the Headmaster about this and get him to find a family."

"No, I'm not giving Hyunsaeng away," Hyunjoong stated sternly. "That's one thing I won't do."

"But at the same time, you want to spend more time alone with me. You have to choose one. I don't like the idea of leaving a baby with the other students the whole time. Children need nurturing from parents. From uncles and aunts just isn't the same."

"Youngsaeng! Hyunsaeng's crying again!" a voice shouted from down the hall.

The boy shot up and hopped off the bed, hurrying over to the door and opening it. Hyunjoong quickly followed him. He watched as Youngsaeng took the crying baby into his arms and began to soothe him gently, whispering comforting words into his ears. Youngsaeng gazed at Hyunjoong and then beckoned him back to their room.

"Thanks for taking care of him," the cute boy thanked the others and closed the door. "Hyunsaeng, stop crying, arasseo?"

The little boy understood and tried to stop his tears, wiping his eyes with his clumsy, plump hands. Youngsaeng sat on the bed with Hyunjoong beside him. The older boy caressed Hyunsaeng's round cheeks, smiling slightly. All of a sudden, Hyunsaeng was trying to struggle out of his mother's grip, wiggling around. Not knowing what to do, Youngsaeng placed the little boy on the ground and to his surprise, the boy was crawled around on the floor.

"He can crawl already?" Hyunjoong asked in shock. "Just how old is he? Purebloods begin crawling at around two months... Halfblood should be crawling at around 4 months."

"But he's speaking already, he must already almost a year old," Youngsaeng remarked.

"Mama," Hyunsaeng said.

"Ah, neh?"

The baby plopped on the ground and put his hands out, his mouth curled into a toothful grin. Youngsaeng smiled back as he picked up the baby, placing him on his lap.

"Let me carry him," Hyunjoong said and let his lover pass the child to him. Hyunsaeng didn't object and let himself sit peacefully on his father's lap. "Aigoo~ Kyeopta... (cute)"

"Let's go out for a walk," the younger boy suggested as he took the little boy into his arms and started towards the door. Hyunjoong hurriedly got up and followed his lover. The couple took turns holding onto Hyunsaeng. When one got tired, he would pass the baby to the other boy. The three entered the garden Youngsaeng and Hyunjoong and gone to a while ago, to the fountain. "I wanted to just show Hyunsaeng that flame within the fountain."

"Eo, wae?" Hyunjoong asked.

Youngsaeng smiled gently as he held onto the baby, showing him the fountain. "Hyunsaeng-ah... Look closely. Do you know what's within the water?" The latter looked at his mother in confusion, not knowing what to say. The boy moved his child closer. "Look, there's a tiny flame. Do you see it?"

Hyunsaeng nodded.

"Do you know what that symbolizes for you and your father? It means love and hope, right Hyunjoong?"

The father nodded as he leaned over. "Neh."

Youngsaeng passed his son to the other boy and dug into his pocket, taking out something. It was a tiny round capsule, around the size of a marble but it was empty and translucent, seeming to be made of glass. The boy opened it and reached out past the water and to the fire.

"Saengie," Hyunjoong cut in, grabbing his lover's arm with his free hand. "Don't burn yourself. I'll get it for you."

"Ah, gomawo," the boy said as he moved a little way and the older boy reached in, his fingers entering into the flame and coming out with a flame. He suddenly stopped. "I understand why they call this the untouchable flame now. Vampires can take it but they can't take it out because of the water."

Youngsaeng sighed as he reached in past the water again and opened the capsule, closing it around the flame that was floating a centimeter above Hyunjoong's finger. After that, he took it out and tied a chain to it, creating a necklace.

"What's that for?" his boyfriend questioned curiously.

The cute boy put the necklace around the little boy's neck with a gentle smile and connected it at the back, starting to talk to Hyunsaeng again. "This necklace is a present from your mother and your father, okay? Part of the love and hope contained in this fire will always be with you."

The little flame flickered inside the glass ball. Hyunsaeng looked at it and then grinned. "Sarang..." he said.

Hyunjoong smiled. "He learned another word. What a fast learner, isn't he?"

Youngsaeng sighed as he gazed sweetly at the child. "There will be a time when he needs strength and the two of us won't be around. But as long as we keep our love to him true and he keeps looking forward, that flame will keep on burning without fail."

 

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry guys, will be away from the computer for a while so I won't be able to update :( Waaaah... I'm sooooorry... TT_TT I'll update as soon as I can. And to make it up for you guys, after the long break of updates, I'll write a lot more chapters and release them at the same time :D That'll be fun to read

Forgive me~~~ See you soon.