Magic

Eternal Flame

"Many of you have already mastered many of the battle techniques that vampires use to fight demons," Mr. Ryu began after he had started the Night class. Hyunjoong attended and sat beside Youngsaeng again. "I'm not sure how Youngsaeng will be able to fight the demons as he is not exorcist so he doesn't have any stigmata to use volt weapons."

They all looked at the boy. Youngsaeng laughed awkwardly. "W-Well... I'll only be able to see their auras... I don't think I'll be able to fight them..."

"Can you use magic?" Taemin asked with large, round eyes.

The latter shook his head quickly. "No, no magic."

"Vampires use magic to kill demons," Mr. Ryu informed Youngsaeng as he gestured for Hyunjoong to show him. Hyunjoong took out one of his hands from underneath the table and a small blue flame appeared on his palm. Youngsaeng stared at in amazement. 

"That's one of the techniques that Hyunjoong has mastered," Mr. Ryu said. "Many of the others vampires here have also mastered this technique. It's one of the the most effective."

"So you use magic to do that...?" Youngsaeng thought aloud, sticking his lips out. "Hmm... But I don't know how to use magic... How am I supposed to participate in the Demon Marathon when I can't destroy any demons."

Mr. Ryu grinned. "You can run."

"Seonsaengnim, you're not serious, are you?" Hyunjoong said.

"Oh, of course I am. Why wouldn't I be?" Mr. Ryu laughed. "It's official. The West and East Genetics will be going out on a demon hunting spree tomorrow night. We will also go out of school grounds to kill as many demons as we can. Hyunjoong still stay with Youngsaeng. You can all go in pairs if you want or you can go alone."

"Can we pair up with an exorcist?" Taemin asked excitedly.

"If you find them. Sure."

Onew, Minho, Taemin, Key, and Jonghyun all cheered. The others just stared at them.

After class was dismissed, Youngsaeng sighed as he was heading back to his room. What am I going to do...? Run in the Demon Marathon? Really? That's pathetic! Of course I'm going to fight. Why wouldn't I?

"Are you sure you want to fight?" the voice within him asked. "You can barely control your current amount of spirit magic. How are you going to fight in the Demon Marathon with even more spirit magic?"

Youngsaeng shrugged as he entered his room and closed the door behind him with a shrug. "Who knows? I'll do it somehow. I never even tried to learn how to control the spirit magic and I don't want to learn how to fight with it. I don't like killing people."

"You really don't? Don't you just love hearing their screams for mercy, seeing the blood splurt out, seeing their tears and frightened expressions. It's pure hell," there was a grin in his voice.

"Shut up and leave me alone," Youngsaeng growled as he flopped onto the bed, staring at the ceiling. "You're a monster. To actually enjoy killing. I wonder why I had to be the one being born as you. It's so unreasonable. It could've been the one after me or my uncle. Why did it have to be me?"

"Bad luck," the fox teased and Youngsaeng heard him yawn. "I'm going to sleep. Being stuck within the cross really makes me tired..."

Youngsaeng rolled his eyes. "Yeah, go to sleep. I don't want you awake anyway."

 

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hmm... I just noticed that compared to Fated to Meet You, these chapter updates are actually quite short... Should I lengthen them a bit or are you fine with short updates?