Explain

Eternal Flame

When Hyunjoong entered the Night class dorm building with Youngsaeng in his arms and Kyujong behind him, he let out a breath of relief when he saw that no one was awake yet. Without any delays or interruptions, he hurried to his room and lay the Day class boy gently on the bed.

"How am I going to sleep from now on?" Kyujong whined in disappoinment.

"Just go sleep in your own room," Hyunjoong huffed. "You have your own room, too, y'know?"

"Yeah... But sleeping on my own is no fun..." the boy complained.

"Go sleep with Hyungjun then."

"Hyunjoong, Kyujong. Why're you two awake?" a voice came from the door.

They turned to see Onew walking into the room. When the boy saw the human lying on the boy, he gasped. "That's not a vampire! He's a mortal! What's he doing here?"

"He was getting bullied," Hyunjoong explained sheepishly. "I wanted to take care of him... Don't tell the Headmaster about this. Please!"

"How can I not tell him? He's a human!!! A human!!!!" Onew exclaimed frantically. "We can't let him stay here! It's against the rules!"

"I'll tell him soon," the brunette insisted. "I'll tell him when I'm ready. Just not yet. I want Youngsaeng to have recovered by the time the Headmaster knows about this."

Onew pouted but quieted down, looking over at the boy. "Why was he getting bullied though? Is he a delinquent? A gangster?"

Kyujong shook his head. "No, Hyunjoong said that he's particularly gentle. Nice to be around. We'll ask him when he wakes up."

"It was horrible," Hyunjoong began with teary eyes. "They had his hands tied up with a rope. They were punching him and making him drink stuff. They were even grabbing his hair!"

Onew looked at Kyujong for a bit more information. The redhead sighed. "This guy's in love with the human."

"Ehhhhhh??????" Onew gasped in shock. "But... He's a human! A mortal! There's no way a vampire and a mortal can be together! No way!!! No human can live as long as a pureblood vampire like Hyunjoong can. Not even a halfblood can live as long!"

Hyunjoong sighed and looked down as he fiddled around with his hands. "I... Only wanted to get to know him a bit... Listen to him play piano and maybe hang out with him... Nothing much. Just friends."

"What's this commotion about?" another voice chimed in from the door and the footsteps got closer. It was Jungmin and Key.

"You two are up already?" Kyujong asked in surprise.

"Well, yes, actually," Key snapped. "Got a problem with that?"

Hyunjoong ushered them quickly. "Stop it. There's an injured patient here. Don't make too much noise."

"Injured patient...?" Jungmin echoed curiously and trudged towards the bed, seeing the unconscious boy. He gasped. "Oh my god! Oh my soul!!! That's a human! What's he doing here???"

Hyunjoong facepalmed himself. "Just... Kyujong-ah, go and gather everyone in the Night class here. I'll explain to them."

The younger boy obeyed and hurried out the door. Jungmin and Key crossed their arms across their chest, tapping their feet on the ground, their jaws clenched.

"You've got some explaining to do, young man," Jungmin huffed. "What is a human here and why did you bring him into the Night class dorm? You know that that's not allowed."

"I'll... explain to everyone all together," Hyunjoong said and sat down on the bed beside the sleeping Youngsaeng.