In Your Hands

Eternal Flame

"You may not be able to choose right now but you will have to when the time comes. And the rest of the world, the whole future will be in your hands."

Youngsaeng clenched his jaw and whipped around, heading back to the middle door. Without hesitation, he swung it open and dashed inside, running through the crowd of vampires and exorcists, looking around desperately. He screamed when he saw the one of the tail's fly towards him but instead, it went through him, he hadn't felt anything. Sighing in relief, he remembered the this was only a dream, nothing could hurt him physically here. He continued to search the crowds, even going as far as running through the vampires.

"Hyunjoong..." he murmured, trying to see where his love was. He ran and ran but there was no end to the crowd, he couldn't find him. He turned back to the door and yelled at the nine-tailed fox outside. "Where is he?"

One of the thick tails entered the room and beckoned Youngsaeng over to the back of the battlefield. Youngsaeng walked through the piles of corpses lying around on the battlefield and when he go to where the nine-tailed fox had lead him, his eyes widened and he froze. Hands beginning to tremble, he saw himself lifeless on the ground a few feet away, blood still trickling out of his mouth as his silver eyes were still open, blank and dead.

"Saengie..." he heard a whimper from the side. Turning, he saw Hyunjoong clutching his chest as tears of blood streaked down, struggling to crawl over to his dead lover. Youngsaeng watched until the vampire had gotten to his body and brought the corpse into his arms, hugging him tightly.

Youngsaeng's jaw trembled and he also began to cry, falling to his knees as he buried his face in his hands. He couldn't stand watching this any longer, he could feel his heart slowly cracking bit by bit.

Without warning, everything around him disappeared; the doors, the nine-tailed fox, everything dissolved except the darkness. He was in the blackhole once again on his knees, tears still streaking down his face. From behind him, he heard a soft voice calling him; he turned around to see Hyunjoong standing there with a bright smile, holding his hand out.

"Wake up, Youngsaeng," he coaxed gently, kneeling down beside the boy and put his hand on top of Youngsaeng's. The latter felt warmth seep back into him and he nodded.

Slowly, Youngsaeng stirred and opened his eyes to see a worried Hyunjoong above him. Finally, Hyunjoong was back. The younger boy immediately threw his arms around the vampire's neck and brought him down, kissing him eagerly and ignoring the stray tears from his dream still trickling down onto his pillow. When they pulled away, Hyunjoong smiled lightly as he sat on the bed beside Youngsaeng, transferring his boyfriend's head from the pillow onto his lap.

"You seemed to be having a nightmare," murmured Hyunjoong, concerned as he gently cupped his lover's face, caressing the cheek with his thumb. "Are you okay?"

"Gwenchana..."

Sighing, Hyunjoong began to comb his fingers through Youngsaeng's soft hair. "I missed you so much... Staying away from you for nearly three days is torment. I won't leave for so long next time."

Youngsaeng smiled and sat up, pecking his lover on the lips. "I missed you, too. Did something happen at the Council? What happened?"

Hyunjoong huffed and leaned back onto the headboard, bringing Youngsaeng into his chest as he wrapped his arms around the latter's whole body, limiting movement. The younger boy smiled and snuggled in closer as he closed his eyes, feeling much safer.

"The East Genetics Head got a really bad scolding with a red card," murmured Hyunjoong, careful not to wake Hyunsaeng. "He can't go back to the Council for a month."

"Are you sure that's okay?" questioned Youngsaeng worriedly, looking up at the older boy. Hyunjoong nodded. "Of course it is. No matter who it is, everyone deserves equal treatment."

"If... If they found out about my secret..." started the younger boy slowly. "Just if. Then what would they do...?"

Hyunjoong tightened his arms and with one hand, brought Youngsaeng tighter into him and pressed the latter's forehead to his chest. "Don't think about it. It'll be okay, nothing will go wrong."

"If they did find out, then they would probably try to kill me, right?" Youngsaeng continued to whisper. "They would, right?"

"Shh... Don't talk about it," hushed his lover and pulled up the blanket, sliding Youngsaeng back under it. "Here, go back to sleep."

"Can't you tell me?" Youngsaeng grabbed onto Hyunjoong's hand tightly as the boy was about to slide off the bed. Hyunjoong sighed and shook his head, pecking the latter on the forehead. "You must have had a really bad nightmare... I'll be with you so go back to sleep... It's not time for class yet."

"But--"

Hyunjoong placed his index finger onto Youngsaeng's lips with a gentle smile. In a swift movement, he was under the blanket with the young boy and he wrapped his arms around the latter. "They won't find out so there's no need to worry about the punishment. You don't have to think about it, araetji?"

"But--"

"No buts. Just sleep, arasseo?"

"Neh..."

Hyunjoong released a breath and relaxed. Youngsaeng sighed, snuggling closer into Hyunjoong's body and curling up. He was about to close his eyes when the nine-tailed fox interrupted in his head.

"Ya, are you sure?" grunted the low voice.

Of course I'm sure, Youngsaeng thought back, closing his eyes. That's the best way.

"You never know which way is best. Once it is done, it is done. Even if you regret it, you will not be able to go back."

This is a decision that I wanted to make and so, I will not regret it. This is best for both of us.

"Saengie... What decision are you talking about...?" Hyunjoong interrupted his thoughts. Youngsaeng opened his eyes and looked up at his lover, not surprised. "You heard?"

Hyunjoong nodded slowly, bringing his lover's face closer to his. "What are you deciding all by yourself? Tell me."

Youngsaeng closed in and connected their lips gently before pulling away and gazing into the latter's eyes. "It's just... It's nothing..."

"Don't lie to me. Tell me. You don't have to carry the burden on your shoulders alone," said the older boy with a soft smile. "Tell me, what is it?"