Harmony

Eternal Flame

After the incident with the exorcists, Hyunjoong didn't want to let Hyunsaeng or Youngsaeng outside.

"But we need to get some fresh air," Youngsaeng complained, puffing up his cheeks and pursing his lips.

"You can get some fresh air from the window," the older boy told him. "I don't want that to happen again. It was already bad enough that Hyunsaeng almost got hurt."

"Mama!" Hyunsaeng exclaimed from the ground, waving his arms up to get the cute boy to pick him up. Youngsaeng smiled, placing him on his lap. "Hyunsaeng-ah, do you want to go somewhere with me and your daddy?"

"Neh!" the little boy replied, his eyes shining.

Hyunjoong raised an eyebrow suspiciously as the latter beamed at him and stood up with the toddler in his arms. "Let's go."

"Where are we going? I told you that you're not to go outside, especially not alone," Hyunjoong scolded.

"Don't worry, we're not going outside," Youngsaeng chuckled. A few minutes later, they ended up at the Music room where Hyunjoong had met Youngsaeng gain almost a year ago.

"What's this place?" Hyunsaeng questioned curiously, looking around as he wiggled around to be set down. Youngsaeng went over to the piano and set the little boy on his lap. "This is a piano, an instrument."

The latter stared at him in puzzlement, not understanding. Hyunjoong grinned and sat down beside Youngsaeng on the piano bench. He took Hyunsaeng as Youngsaeng put his hands on the piano and pressed a few notes. Hyunsaeng's mouth opened into a smile and he gazed at the keys in fascination, his tiny hands reaching out to do the same as what his mother did.

Hyunjoong let him press a few random notes with his index finger before gesturing Youngsaeng to play something for them. The latter smiled gently as he patted Hyunsaeng's head and started to play a small tune, the same melody Hyunjoong had heard him play the first time he met him here. He closed his eyes, reminiscing the past and swayed a little to the rhythm.

"Pretty!" Hyunsaeng remarked. Youngsaeng looked at him with a smirk as he kept playing. "Do you like this song, too? It's my favorite. Beautiful, isn't it?"

"It is, just like you," Hyunjoong chuckled. The latter blushed. "That's so cheesy, Hyunjoong."

"Papa," the little boy started. "Play!"

"You want me to play the piano, too? I don't know how," the older boy told him. Hyunsaeng turned around to face the piano again and pressed his hand on a bunch of keys, randomly hitting the piano like what a normal baby would do.

"You'll break the piano if you do that," Youngsaeng told him caringly, taking his son's little hands off the piano keys. "Don't hit it so heavily, alright?"

"Fun!" was the reply.

The couple smiled at the child's reaction.

"Hyunsaeng-ah," Youngsaeng began, gently patting the boy's head. "Do you want to learn how to play the piano?"

"Can I learn, too?" Hyunjoong cut in. His lover giggled. "Of course you can."

Throughout the rest of the night, the three were at the piano. Hyunsaeng continuously wanted to bang on it but Youngsaeng didn't let him and instead, taught him a nursery rhyme song on the piano. Hyunjoong learned with him, enjoying the sound of the piano.

"When did you start learning how to play?" the older boy asked his lover.

"A few years ago," Youngsaeng answered. "Around... two years ago. I had an interest and requested a music teacher to teach you. He was kind enough to teach me after school."

Hyunjoong stood up and walked over somewhere. "Where are you going?" asked Youngsaeng and saw him picking up a guitar. "You can play guitar?"

"Neh," the latter replied and went back to the piano bench. Hyunsaeng saw the guitar and his smile grew as he also wanted to hit the strings.

"Don't do that or else that strings will snap. That isn't good," the father scolded playfully as he turned the guitar little by little. When he was satisfied, he began to play a song.

Youngsaeng smiled and Hyunsaeng settled down at the gentle sound. The mother placed his fingers on the piano and started to match the guitar tune with the harmonious sound of the piano. Hyunjoong grinned as he thought to himself. Just like our family... A family of harmony...

Hyunsaeng began humming the melody of the piano, enjoying the guitar sounds as well. He kept smiling, his dimples showing on his two plump cheeks. The couple grinned at each other as they continued playing and a while later, Youngsaeng decided to end the song on the piano, playing an ending; the guitar also stopped soon after.

Hyunsaeng began squealing, his hands clapping together in happiness.

"When did you start playing the guitar?" Youngsaeng asked his boyfriend.

"A while ago. When I was still in middle school," Hyunjoong told him before putting the guitar down beside the piano. "The sun is going to rise soon. We should head back."

Youngsaeng nodded and set down the toddler, letting him walk on his own with them back to their room.