Absentminded

Eternal Flame

Hyunjoong  found himself waking up a few hours later. He had fallen asleep with Youngsaeng on the bed and had forgotten about the time. He sighed. Class has already started. All of a sudden, he felt that the other side of the bed was cold. He shot up and looked around, Youngsaeng was gone again. Jumping out of bed, he quickly exited the room and dashed down the hall towards the classroom. He burst through the doors and looked at the desks and students. Everyone stared at him in surprise. Youngsaeng wasn't there.

"Oh, Hyunjoong," Mr. Ryu began with a smile. "Care to join us?"

"I'm looking for Youngsaeng? Is he here?" Hyunjoong asked quickly, still looking around at every inch and corner of the classroom.

"I'm afraid not," the teacher replied with a frown and shook his head with an exhale.

Hyunjoong grit his teeth and started running down the hall again. Did my father take him away again? My grandpa should be watching over my dad. He couldn't have. Please, let Youngsaeng be safe. I don't want him to be in that scary situation again. He has to be okay. He has to. Where is he? Where is he?

He opened the doors to the library.

"Youngsaeng!" he called but there was no response. He ran through the rows of the bookshelves but the library was deserted, no one was in there. Running out and through the corridors again and down the stairs, searching every hall, but Youngsaeng was nowhere to be found.

He went into the washrooms in the hallways. "Youngsaeng! Where are you?"

Still, no answer. Sweat started dripping down the side of his forehead as he dashed through the long, empty corridors of the Night class building.

Suddenly, he heard piano sounds. Panting, he stopped and walked back, approaching the doors of the music room. He quietly pushed one of the doors open and saw Youngsaeng absentmindedly looking down at the piano, pressing a few notes with his right hand, creating a sweet melody.

Hyunjoong rushed forward to the boy and threw his arms his neck, causing the latter to stop in surprise. The older boy closed his eyes as he rested his chin on Youngsaeng's left shoulder, still panting. Thank goodness he's here... He's okay, he's safe. Thank goodness...

"Hyunjoong?" Youngsaeng murmured, still facing the piano as he put his hand down onto his lap. "What are you doing here? I thought you were asleep."

"Do you know how scared I was when I saw that you weren't beside me when I woke up?" Hyunjoong demanded, feeling close to tears. "Do you have any idea?"

Youngsaeng's eyelids lowered as he looked down at his hands on his lap. "I'm sorry... I just began to feel anxious, in a way... Scared..."

"And that's why you came here?"

"Playing the piano calms me down," Youngsaeng replied as he moved his hands to gently caress Hyunjoong's face. He turned his head and kissed the latter.

"Everything's going to be alright," Hyunjoong whispered with faint smile after they broke away. "You have nothing to be scared of. My father won't come for you again."

"It's... not your father I'm worried about..." the younger boy confessed, looking back at the piano, putting his right hand onto the keys again.

"Then what is it?" Hyunjoong questioned as he buried his nose into the boy's neck, inhaling the latter's sweet scent.

"It's just... I don't know what to do anymore... I don't know what I'm supposed to do."

Hyunjoong smiled and smooched him on the cheek. "It's alright. You don't have to do anything."

Youngsaeng looked at the boy and gave him a light smile. "I love you, Hyunjoong. Don't forget that."

The vampire giggled. "How can I ever forget? Come on, let's go back to our room."