Welcomed

Eternal Flame

When Hyunjoong woke up, Youngsaeng was still unconscious. He sighed and sat up, looking down at the younger boy, gently the loose bangs out of his face. He smiled at how perfect the boy looked even while asleep. He heard the door open and in stepped a tired Hyungjun.

"Is he awake yet?" the healer asked as he trudged towards the bed, yawning.

"Don't stress yourself. I think he's fine," Hyunjoong assured. "Your magic's still drained from last night. Just go back to sleep."

"I'm just here to check up on him. Then I'll go back to sleep," Hyungjun remarked and then stopped, turning on his heels. "Never mind, he's waking up. I'll go to sleep now."

Hyunjoong twitched in surprise and looked at Youngsaeng, who was stirring slightly.

"Youngsaeng?" he murmured, leaning down.

The boy opened his eyes and smiled when he saw Hyunjoong. "So I guess I'm still alive? Unless you also died," he joked.

Hyunjoong huffed and took the latter's hand. "You really scared me, you know? How could you go and stand on the edge of a cliff? What happened?"

"Youngsaeng!" Kyujong's voice exclaimed from the door.

Kyujong, Jungmin, and a few other boys hurried in, crowding around the bed to greet the awoken Youngsaeng. Hyungjun had told them on his way to his room.

"Are you okay?" Jungmin questioned worriedly. "What did Taemin do?"

Youngsaeng smiled as Hyunjoong helped him sit up. "He didn't do anything."

Onew rolled his eyes and scoffed. "Like we're going to believe you. That's what you said when you came back from Hyunjoong's dad's place but the truth was that you got molested!!!"

The younger boy stared at him. "How'd you--" And then he realized. "Hyunjoong! You told them?"

The vampire pouted as he looked away. "W-well... It was hard to keep it a secret..."

"But do you hate his father now?" Key asked curiously.

Youngsaeng thought a bit. "Well... No, actually... I don't feel hatred towards him. I mean, I don't like him all that much but no, I don't hate him."

"Why?" Jonghyun exclaimed.

The boy shrugged. "Not worth thinking about."

"Does any part of your body hurt?" Kyujong asked with concern.

"No, not really. My left arm is broken since there's a cast on it and I guess I twisted my ankle... and broke a few ribs... It kind of hurts to breathe."

"You should rest more to recover faster," Jungmin advised thoughtfully. "Come on, lie down again."

Youngsaeng obeyed and fell back onto the bed with a smile. "But I'm not tired."

"Rest doesn't mean sleep," Key muttered. "Just lie there. We'll leave you alone and give you some peace and quiet."

"Thanks," the latter replied as he sighed.

"Come on Hyunjoong, you too," Kyujong said.

"But I want to stay with him!" the older boy protested.

His best friend grabbed his arm and began dragging him out the room. "Youngsaeng needs some peace and quiet to concentrate on recovering. We want him to get better. I know you care about him but you really should give him some space once in a while."

Youngsaeng grinned. "Thanks Kyujong!"

"You're welcome!" the boy answered and looked at Hyunjoong. "See? Now let's go."

After the door closed and only silence occupied the room, Youngsaeng exhaled in relief and closed his eyes. Complete isolation actually wasn't too bad. It gave him some time to think. What did he live for? What did he want to do the most before his 18th before? How did he want to end his life? All these negative questions made his eyes watery but he smiled when he thought of Hyunjoong and all that the boy had done for him, had made his short life more enjoyable than he thought it would be. Even though he didn't want to admit it, he knew that his time was almost up. It was already the middle of February. His parents had done all they could for him to live a normal life and this was their limit. Their spirits encased in the cross were slowly weakening but they were still grasping on, still trying to do as much as they could. Parents. The eternal guardians of their children. In that fleeting life of his, he felt blessed for such kind parents for they watched over him day and night and only ever wished for his happiness.

He was startled when he heard a knock at his door and it slowly creaked open, revealing who was on the other side. Youngsaeng smiled warmly as he carefully sat up and held his hand out. "Do you want to continue?"

The boy inched forward, a blush in his cheeks, as he closed the door behind him and slightly nodded. Youngsaeng waited until he was only a few feet away from him before talking again. "Nice to meet you. I'm Heo Youngsaeng, what's your name?"

The latter smiled and clasped onto Youngsaeng's hand. "Lee Taemin."

 

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry, I forgot to warn you guys. The next chapter is a random love making session so it's Rated M. Enjoy~