Demon Nest

Eternal Flame

In the beginning of February, the full moon came back. Youngsaeng looked out the window and could feel his spirit magic growing.

He quickly wrote a note to Hyunjoong and ran out of the room with his coat.

Hyunjoong, who entered the room a few minutes later from the washroom, climbed onto the bed and saw the note Youngsaeng had left.

Dear Hyunjoong,

I'm going out for a little while. Just a light stroll. Dinner really filled me up. Don't worry, I'll be back soon.

Hyunjoong raised an eyebrow and got up, looking out the window. His eyes widened when he saw Youngsaeng, coat on, running towards the gates of the school. He grit his teeth and also zipped out of the room and out of the building, following Youngsaeng.

The boy ran into the streets where the demons had infested and began killing off a majority with Fear Inducement. When he felt that his spirit magic was at his peak, he gathered more magic into his left eye and opened it, his eye flashing red before his rosario began to crackle and the giant nine-tailed fox appeared at his side.

Hyunjoong gasped and hid behind a wall when he saw Youngsaeng stop and turn to talk to the nine-tailed fox. Soon, the fox began to mass annihilate all the demons, stepping through humans and crushing the demons possessing the people. His tail slashed everywhere, his claws raking through the streets and his teeth biting off the heads. Hyunjoong watched in dismay as Youngsaeng stood at the side and watched as the nine-tailed fox had fun by himself, killing all the demons in sight. Finally, Youngsaeng stopped him and gestured the fox to follow him. They began to run again and Hyunjoong followed.

The vampire stopped and hid behind a thick tree when he suddenly saw Youngsaeng stop in front of the demon nest that he had come across the other day.

"Destroy it for me," he heard Youngsaeng order. "Since I'm going to turn into you when I'm 18, the least I can do is lessen their burdens right now and kill all the demons."

"Are you sure you want to do this?" the nine-tailed fox growled. "These demons will become my allies once I become the nine-tailed fox. I will be easier to destroy the vampires that way."

Youngsaeng shook his head. "That's what I don't want. I don't want the vampires to die."

The fox huffed. "Fine."

Hyunjoong sighed and jolted when he heard Youngsaeng call his name. "Hyunjoong, I know you're there. You can come out now."

He laughed awkwardly as he stepped out from behind the tree. "Oh, Youngsaeng-ah. How'd you know I was here?"

"I can sense magic around me," the boy told him. "Also, your aura stands out pretty well from behind that tree. I can see it, y'know?"

"Oh... I forgot... Anyways, what are you doing?"

Youngsaeng turned back to the nine-tailed fox, who was already bounding around in the nest, crushing the thousands of tiny eggs and offsprings, its giant tails whooshing through the adult demons and slicing them in half, killing them immediately. All he needed to do was trample around and a majority were already dead. Hyunjoong gulped when he saw how merciless the fox was.

"This is how I'm going to be on my 18th birthday," Youngsaeng began quietly. "Ruthless, cold-hearted, hateful, selfish, fierce--"

"I told you already. I'll save you by then," Hyunjoong interrupted with a strong voice. "I will save you."

Youngsaeng smiled. "I'll put my fate into your hands."