Volume Seunghyun Chapter 4 "The Answer"

Playing Cupids

Amber smiled when she opened the door and saw Jonghoon and Yuri behind it. Her smile grew wider when Jonghoon showed her a paper that looks like a letter. She can't help but ask, "Oppa, is that what I think it is?"

Jonghoon nodded and for the first time in his life he saw how girly Amber can get when she wants to. He looked at Yuri who joined Amber who was jumping with so much joy.

"Oppa, you're really gonna help me too?" Amber asked Jonghoon.

"As if I have a choice?" He said looking at Yuri who immediately scowled at him. "Of course I do and I chose to help since you're a great girl." He immediately say to appease his woman and in return she smiled sweetly at him.

"Does Hongki oppa knows about this?" Amber asked.

"Of course he does. He even read it in front of a protesting Seunghyun who's accusing him of interfering with his private life. But since it's Hongki we are talking about, Seunghyun didn't have a choice but to shut up and let Hongki finish reading the letter." Jonghoon relates.

"I guess I need to talk to Hongki oppa about that." Amber thought loudly.

"Well good luck with that." Yuri said and finally the couple bid her goodbye.

Amber then immediately opened the letter and read:

Dear Secret Admirer,

You seem to have some pretty heavy supporters there. For you to get the help of the three FNC-SM couple is really daebak. Maybe you really are a great girl.

So how are we going to do this? And yes, I'm now very interested in knowing the person behind the pen.  By the way, you really want to do this the old way? Don't you think, email is more convenient and we wouldn't be bothering the hyungs and noonas? You can just create another account under a pseudo name and I won't be able to trace who you really are. But that is just an idea.

The only thing I know about you is that you're a talent from SM and SM has so many talents. Can I request something? Can your next clue be an answer whether you're still a trainee or already an artist? And as an added clue (please do this as a bonus????), if you're already an artist, are you or your group (ff you're in a group) famous?

I think this should be both ways huh to make this work. I'll also tell you something about me. Aside from the guitar, I'm also quite talented with the piano. I'm not as good as Jonghoon hyung or Seohyun noona, but I'm quite good. I can sing and play at the same time. How about you? Do you play any musical instruments?

I have lots of questions but I guess this will do for now. I'm giving the letter to Jonghoon hyung because he said he will also help with the transfering thingy. He and noona will have a date today and right now he's banging at my door telling me to finish already. Hope to hear from you soon...

Seunghyun

Suddenly a very loud shriek was heard in the f(x) dorm. Luna came running to Amber's room full of worry in her face. She was annoyed when she saw the girl in her room wearing a very silly smile on her face while hugging a piece of paper. Luna shook her head and said, "Is that what I think it is?" Luna asked and Amber nodded. "And by the looks of you, he's on board with this old-fashioned letter writing thingy?" Amber again nodded. "Good for you friend. It's about time you get a love life." Amber gave Luna her best smile and Luna turned to leave but looked at Amber again and said, "But please, don't shout too loud. I was sleeping and I thought something bad happened to you." Luna begged.

"I'm sorry. I'm just so happy. I promise I'll behave." Amber said and Luna left the room.

Amber immediately dialed Hongki's number. On the second ring:

Hongki answered and said, "Hello?"

"Oppa!!!! Oppa!!!! Oppa!!!!" Amber shouted.

Hey stop shouting! You will make me burst my eardrums!"

"Oppa!!!! I'm so happy!! He answered back!!!" Amber continued to shout but she was shocked when she heard Seunghyun's voice on the other line.

"Hyung! Is that her? Is that my secret admirer?" Seunghyun said. Amber was panicking especially when Hongki answered, "Yes. As a matter of fact. This is her."  Amber's heart almost stopped. She wanted to hang up but curiosity won her over and decided to listen more.

"Can I talk to her hyung? Please?" Seunghyun begged.

"No way. It's too early for you to talk to her." Hongki said. Then Amber heard some rustling on the other end of the phone. The she heard Hongki shouts "Hey! Give me back my phone!"

Amber knew that Seunghyun was able to get the phone from Hongki. She then heard him say, "Hello? Are you really her?" 

Amber was about to say something but she heard Hongki shout, "Don't even dare talk a single word or else you will ruin everything." 

Much as she wants to talk to Seunghyun, she took Hongki's advise and stayed quiet. She just took a deep breath and continued to listen to Seunghyun.

"Please say something. I really want to hear your voice." Seunghyun begged. But then Amber again heard Hongki and Seunghyun fighting over the phone and she then heard, "Yah! Stop messing with my phone. You won't know who she is. I changed her name to SSA, meaning Seunghyun's Secret Admirer so you won't know her real name. Don't even think of taking my phone secretly, you still won't know who she is because my phone has a password before you can open it and yes, I just changed my password. You don't know it." Hongki told the younger boy.

"But hyung!" Seunghyun tried to say but Hongki shushed him. "Out! Get out of my room now!" Hongki ordered Seunghyun. Then Amber heard a door shutting close.

"Yah! What were you thinking about calling me all of a sudden. Didn't you remember that I told you to text me first before you call? This is what I'm trying to avoid. That boy is very persistent. He kept on nagging me all day to tell him your name. Then you called and shouted and shouted. It's a good thing he didn't recognized your voice. Next time. TEXT BEFORE YOU CALL! Understand?" Hongki shouted the last word.

"Oppa I'm sorry. I was just so excited. He answered Oppa imagine that. He wrote back! I got his attention. He's interested in me." Amber said joyfully.

"Girl, you better be careful from now on especially with your actions when you see him. He's not as stupid as he looks. He's quite smart, he's just acting stupid in TV. You know that right?" Hongki asked.

"I know oppa. I'd be extra careful from now on. So, can I write me next letter now?" Amber asked

"Yes you can. But I suggest you just give him a letter after a week. I just want to see if he's really anticipating your answer. I want to know how interested he is with you. Can you hold yourself and not write him just yet?" Hongki asked.

Amber thought about it. She really wanted to write Seunghyun a letter that afternoon, but she analyzed Hongki's advice and decided to heed his plan.

"Okay oppa. I won't write him this week. I'll do it next week."

"Good girl. Think of what you want to tell him and what you want to know about him. On your next letter, your hint should be something general. Don't answer his question if you've debuted or just a trainee. Telling him that will lessen the possible admirers. Okay!"

"Yes oppa. I understand."

 

Hongki then slowly walked towards his door and suddenly opened it. And Seunghyun came falling just as he expected. "Are you done eavesdropping?" Hongki asked.

"Hyung! Just tell me who she is!" Seunghyun continued to nag.

"No!"

"Why?"

"It's still not time."

"You were so smart hyung. Did you really know that I would eavesdrop?" Seunghyun asked.

"Yes, and that is the reason why I didn't call her name, not even once."

"You're such a sneaky boy hyung. But is she really a great girl?" Seunghyun asked for the nth time that day and as Hongki has said earlier, "Yes she is. By the way where is Jaejin?"

"He's out with Suzy. They're having a date." 

"Ah young love... I'm so envious."

 

A/N: Another update. Seunghyun's on-board now. Look forward to the next chapter. Amber will write her second letter and Seunghyun will answer back.