Yonghwa - Part 13

Playing Cupids

1:30 am June 23, 2011 at SNSD's condotel.

"What? Did I hear you right? I think I'm too tired, I'm hearing things. Yeah I'm just tired."

Sooyoung thought she heard it wrong. Seohyun just confessed to her what she did at Yonghwa's birthday party. She then looked at the younger girl who was covering her face at the moment but the part where her face wasn't covered and neck has a deep shade of pink.
Then realization hit her. Seohyun kissed Yonghwa ON THE LIPS!!! She then fell on the sofa.

"You really kissed him?"

Seohyun nodded with hands still on her face.

"On the lips?"

She nodded again.

"Why didn't I see this? When did it happen?"

Seohyun then looked at her friend with tears in her eyes. "You were busy appreciating Taeyeon unnie and Hongki oppa's duet. It happened right after the song ended."

"Are you sure it's you who kissed him, not him kissing you?"

"I kissed him but it was just a quick one then I ran away from him."

Sooyoung was really shocked. She again looked at Seohyun and shaked her head then she looked away then looked back at her still trying to process what the younger girl just said.

"Can you please slap my face?"

"What? Unnie what do you want me to do?"

"I think I'm dreaming right now and my Seohyun told me that she just kissed a guy."

"Unnie! Don't joke around with me! I'm embarrassed as hell. I don't know what came over me. We were dancing, he was about to kiss me but the song ended, I was so frustrated so I thought the hell with it, so I kissed him but as soon as I did that I realized what I just did and got embarrassed and ran. Unnie what will I do now? He told me he'd call me. But only to set something up for Yoona unnie and Jonghyun oppa." The younger girl said with much disappointment.

"You really like him huh?" Asked Sooyoung.

"Duh! I just kissed him unnie, of course I liked him and I thought he likes me too, but I guess I was so wrong, ohhhhh why did I kissed him? Pabo Joohyun!!!"

"What do you mean? You thought he likes you but he doesn't?"

Seohyun threw Sooyoung an exasperrated look. Then she sat beside her. "Unnie, you know I'm smart right?"

"You're one of the smartest girl I know." Confirmed Sooyoung.

"But everyone thinks I'm oblivious especially when it comes to relationship right?"

"But you really oblivious."

"Actually unnie, I'm not." Seohyun said while looking at her hands.

"What?" Seohyun just shocked Sooyoung again.

"I'm not oblivious of it. I just choose to ignore them. I'm just human. Of course I like being praised but I don't want it to get to my head. When they said I'm their ideal, it makes me happy but you will not see me go berserk because of that. I ignore them coz they don't interest me and you know that when I'm interested in something I tend to give it my full attention. Do you get what I'm saying?

"I think I do but go on. This is all new to me Hyunnie. I never realized you have this side."

"Since right now it's Yong oppa who has caught my attention, of course I would pay attention to his every action. I said I thought he liked me 'coz I saw the way he looked at Jaejin when we were dancing. It was the same look he has whenever he's jealous when we were still filming. I was so happy when I realized he was jealous with Jaejin."

"Is that also the reason why you were extra hyper when you were dancing with Jaejin?"

"Yeah I guess so. I missed seeing him jealous, but I guess it was all in my head. I was happier when he told me that he'd call me but I got hurt when he added that it's only because of Yoona and Jonghyun. It would have been nice if he just stopped with 'I'll call you soon.'"

An idea hit Sooyoung. Faced Seohyun and smiled mischievously.

"Then let's make him more jealous."

Seohyun looked at her unnie the gave her the same smile. "I like your idea unnie. But how will we do that?"

"Just trust me on this. We would need aide from others. Someone from his circle and some from ours."

"Like who?"

"Let's just say I know a group of people who would be willing to help you make Jung Yonghwa one jealous guy."

"But unnie, I don't think he likes me, I mean he likes me as a friend, and not in the same way as I do."

"Oh he likes you. I know he likes you."

"What do you mean unnie?"

"Ahh nothing." Sooyoung you need to be careful or else Seohyun will know that you know something. Sooyoung told herself. "I mean it's just so obvious at least from my point of view."

"Unnie I hope you are right."

"You know Seo Joohyun, I never really thought that I would have this talk with you. I never thought you are this straight forward with your feelings."

"You know unnie, I think the reason is because I was really not like this before. This is my first time unnie. I really like him. I think I love him."

Sooyoung then hugged her friend. "My Joohyun is all grown up now."

 

8:00 am June 23, 2011

Five phones simultaneously received a text message.

"Guys, Updates are up.
New developments in the GYTC Project.
Need to set another conference asap.
- Sooyoung"

After a few minutes...

"All our schedules will end tonight around 8:30
Do you have any additional schedules I
don't know about? RSVP.
- Hongki"
 
"I'll be there.
-Yoona"
 
"Jungshin and I are free
on that date
-Jonghyun
 
"Hyung do I still need to answer
you back? I'm just beside you right now.
-Jaejin 
 
"That's fine by me.
-Sooyoung 
 
"Then it's all set.
Turn on your laptops at 9 pm
tonight and wait for my i
nvitation for video conferencing.
-Hongki.
 
 
9:00 pm June 23, 2011 at various places in Japan
 
As soon as they started Sooyoung told them what Seohyun told her. They were as shocked as Sooyoung was. Nobody really expected Seohyun to act like that. Even Yoona was speechless for a while. It was only Jaejin who wasn't surprised and finally he told them that he knew all those feelings of Seohyun right from the very beginning and knew that when Seohyun's interested on something, she'd give her 100% attetion to that.
 
"So can we just tell Seohyun this project of ours and let her take part on this? Everything will be much easier if that happens." Jonghyun was first to ask.
 
"And what? Ruin her chance to experience having her first love confess to her? Wouldn't it be better if Yonghwa would be the one telling her that he loves her too? Think first Jonghyun before you speak."
 
"Yah Im Yoona just shut up."
 
"But Yoona's right. It would be better if we let Yonghwa hyung confess himself. And as stubborn as he is, that won't be easy to do. All she wants was to make hyung get jealous and we will help her achieve that."
 
"But hyung, isn't that what we are doing all along? Those are step 3 and 4 and we're quite successful." Jungshin asked.
 
"Yes." Hongki answered. "But this time it will be different. We will tell her that we would help her because we "think" that he likes her too. We will not tell her about the file in the recycle bin."
 
"Does this mean that Jonghyun and I can stop pretending?" Yoona asked hopefully.
 
"No." Sooyoung said to her friend. "We will tell her that it will be a good opportunity to use that so that they can meet more. And just stop with this act of hating each other, we all know you too enjoy being together."
 
"What?" Yoona and Jonghyun said at the same time.
 
"Just shut up you two." Sooyoung said.
 
"But hyung, if we make hyung see more closeness from me and Joohyun there will be a possibility that Yonghwa hyung will just give way to me and her and let her go. We know he loves her too much. What if the idea that Seohyun will be happier with me comes to his head and let's her go?"
 
Everybody got silent with Jaejin's last question.
 
"Jaejin's right. We all know that hyung can just sacrifice his own happiness for others, much more with her happiness." Jungshin said.
 
"Then we will never let that happen." Jonghyun knew they were right. The thought already crossed his mind and has long planned to do something about it. "Jaejin we will have to make you a bad guy at least in hyung's sight."
 
"What do you mean?" Hongki knew Jonghyun has a plan.
 
"We all know that the reason why hyung is jealous of Jaejin is because how natural he and Seohyun acts with each other. We know that it has no malice but hyung doesn't see it that way especially with what Jungshin is feeding him with. Now Jaejin, we need one more sacrifice from you."
 
"And what is that?" Jaejin's getting nervous.
 
"We have to reveal who is the girl occupying your heart as of this moment."
 
"I think I know where you're going." Yoona was getting excited. "Since yong oppa thinks that Jaejin likes Hyunnie, if and ever we reveal Jaejin's 'girl' he will think that he's two-timing Seohyun. Am I right?"
 
"I never thought you're a smart girl Yoona. I thought you were just a beauty with no brains."
 
"Shut up Jonghyun. But I am right, right?"
 
"Yes."
 
"But that's easy, I can tell you who he likes." Hongki then said. "It's Suzy of Miss A."
 
"Hyung!"
 
"But Jaejin, everyone knows that. You said it on air." Sooyoung said. "It was all over the internet too."
 
"I have her number. Min gave it to me as soon as she heard about it."
 
"Why didn't you give it to me? You're such a bad hyung Lee Hongki!"
 
"I'm giving it to you now. Now for the plan, Jonghyun what do you want us to do?"
 
"This is where Step 5 comes in." Jonghyun told them. "Does FT Island have any live show's coming up? Live as in live instruments or specials that you will have to perform live or any special performance?"
 
"I think we do. Manager hyung told us that a special performance is on negotiation. Why do you ask?"
 
"Step 5 is Make a project within the project titled "Making Seohyun Play with FT Island." Jonghyun said. "I think this is the project within the project. When I say play, I mean play an instrument like the piano perhaps? I was the one who suggested this step. I made it FT Island because our music is different, we are more of guitars and drums, but you guys since Jonghoon is a good keyboardist, has songs where there are piano parts."
 
"Go on." Everybody now was hanging on to every words of Jonghyun.
 
"Now we will ask Seohyun to play with you guys. You guys will practice at FNC and I will make sure that hyung would visit the office whenever you have practice there."
 
"I think I have a better idea." Sooyoung said. "Remember when Hongki was hospitalized due to fatigue and FTIsland had a concert in Japan where Jaejin almost sing most of the songs?"
 
"Of course I remember, It was the best concert." Jaejin said earning a glare from Hongki.
 
"Well, why don't we have Seohyun and Jaejin do a performance together? I remember a particular song you sang "I Don't Know How to Love." It was so simple yet very touching."
 
"But according to Manager hyung it was particularly stated that all five members will play live. I don't think that would be possible." Hongki said.
 
"But hyung," Jaejin suddenly remembered something. "I think I know the perfect time to have our performance. Jungshin did you receive a message last month about 91 Liner's Special on KBS?"
 
"Oh yeah, I know what you're talking about. Hyung, KBS sent all idols born on 1991 a message telling us that since many famous idols are Coming-of-Age this year, they have decided to do a special for us or at least a special where 91 liner idols will play, sing or dance live. You're right Jaejin, it will be the best time to perform." Jungshin said.
 
"I know what you two are talking about. Seohyun also received that message and it also informed her that she's doing a solo performance. I guess we can negotiate it to be a duet." Yoona said.
 
"Well that is good. Sooyoung, tell Seohyun about this performance and try to negotiate with KBS with her, Jonghyun and Jungshin make sure to make hyung go to FNC when the girls go there, Yoona, you will accompany Seohyun so she and hyung will have a reason to talk, Jaejin, you practice hard, our name is at stake and I will go to the office to get the music sheet and I will send it to you Sooyoung as soon as possible."
 
With that the meeting was adjourned.
 
 
*****
 
A/N: for those of you who were curious about the performance of Jaejin that Sooyoung was talking about, you can check this out link. Sorry I don't know how to embed videos...
 
 
 
 
Thank you to all who commented and subscribed.