Volume 3, Chapter 1 "Jonghoon"

Playing Cupids

Right after the recording of Immortal Song 2 where Hongki won for the second time, FTIsland went out to celebrate Hongki's success. Everyone was having a good time when Hongki received a phone call.

"Hello, Hongki, this is Jonghoon's mom. Please act as if it's not me who's calling. I need your help. Are you busy right now?" Hongki excused himself as soon as he heard the plea of the older woman.

"Yes ommonim, is there any problem?"

"It's not actually a problem but I really need your help."

"Does this have anything to do with Hoonie?"

"Yes. Can we meet tonight?"

"Ommonim, I can't tonight, me and the boys are celebrating my second win in Immortal Song."

"Oh really? Congratulations. You guys deserve to win."

"Thanks ommonim, Can you please not tell anyone about this until it airs?"

"Of course. So when can we meet? After this you'll be leaving for Japan again right?"

"Yes ommonim. Can this wait until we come back after the tour?"

"Yes this can wait. But please don't tell Jonghoon about this."

"You can count on me ommonim."

"You boys take care. Look after Hoonie okay?"

"Yes ommonim. Take care too. Bye."

Hongki hang up and went back to the boys.

"Yah Hongkiya, is that your new girlfriend?" Teased Jonghoon.

"Girlfriend? You're asking me that question? I'm not like you who's a playboy, who changes girlfriends as if you're changing clothes." Hongki snapped back.

"Don't be too bitter. I can't help it, I was born to look this way." Jonghoon said proudly. The boys just shook their heads from their leader's boasting.

"Hongki hyung, just ignore him. Let's just celebrate your win!" Jaejin said. "We were daebak earlier!"

"I just love it when we play live here in Korea. At least this proves that we can really play our instruments." Minhwan said.

"I agree. I hope we'd be able to play live again soon." Seunghyun told his friends.

"I'll toast to that!" Jonghoon said lifting his glass and the other's toasted with him.

 

As soon as FTIsland went back to Korea, Hongki met up with Jonghoon's mother. Without Jonghoon knowing, Hongki went to his house to talk to his mom.

"Hongki, come in." Jonghoon's mom said when she saw Hongki by the door. She led Hongki inside the house and told him to take a seat in their living room. Hongki complied and waited as the older lady went to the kitchen and prepare some food and drinks for them to eat. As soon as the Jonghoon's mom sat down, Hongki asked "Ommonim, I really can't stay long. I heard Jonghoon telling Jaejin earlier that he's planning to visit you tonight."

"Is that so? I guess I need to go straight to the point." Hongki looked at the lady and waited for her to go on. "Hongkiya, I'm worried for my Jonghoon. I'm scared that his playboy ways will ruin him in the future. It's just a matter of time when one of those girls would talk and that will cause a big problem with my Jonghoon."

"Ommonim, I know what you mean. We keep on telling him that. Before he wasn't like that. He used to date because he really likes the girl, hoping that she'd be the right one. He told me so himself. But since most of those girls he used to date just date him because he's good looking or because he's an idol, he then realized the power of his looks and dates around. I think deep down he's still hoping that the girl he dates will see him and love him for who he truly is." Hongki explained.

"I think I know what you're saying. I think he's not hurting those girls on purpose, I hope you're right Hongki." Hongki then held the lady's hand and squeezed it. "I think I am ommonim. Let's trust your son to find the right girl next time." The woman then looked at Hongki and shook his head.

"I can't wait for that to happen Hongkiya."

"What do you mean ommonim?"

"Actually that's not the real reason I asked you to come here." Hongki then looked confused at Jonghoon's mom. The older lady continued, "the truth is, Jonghoon's been promised to even before he was born. Even before I was married and way beyond before I met his father." Hongki gaped at the older woman. He began to shake his head in denial. "You're joking, right ommonim? Jonghoon would hate that! Though he'd follow your wishes but for sure he'd resent you for that." Hongki said.

"I know that but I really don't care if he'll get mad at me or not. I wasn't planning to honor that promise but he gave me no choice. I know who the girl is and who her parents are. Her mom was my best friend when I was young and she's a good person. Her daughter is also a good person but we lost contact as soon as I got married and that's where you will come in." Jonghoon's mom told Hongki.

Hongki looked at the older woman in front of him and saw the determination in her eyes. He knew there's no chance to change her mind and decided to go with the flow. "How can I help? Do you want me to search for her in the internet? Do you want me to hire a detective?" He asked.

"No need for that Hongkiya," she then stood up and took a paper in one of the drawers and gave it to Hongki, "this is her, and I know you know her."

Hongki then looked at the picture and he can't seem to believe his eyes, "Ommonim, this is Kwon Yuri of SNSD. Are you sure this is the girl you promised Jonghoon to?"

"Yes, I know her. I know her mom. I saw their family picture in the internet. I know she's the right girl. I need you to get her contact details. Once you give it me, I'd talk to unnie and I will ask her if she still wants to honor the promise. Hopefully she does. She's very pretty huh?" Jonghoon's mom asked Hongki looking at Yuri's picture.

"She's prettier in person." Hongki said.

"Really? You're friends with her?"

"Yes, and recently we became close. Actually she and Jonghoon are good friends."

"Is that so? Do you think they will like each other?"

Hongki then remembered the two on the vacation. They were pretty close then. Everyone thought that something's between them but it seems that they also ended when the vacation ended. "I think so?" Hongki said not really sure.

"So you will help me get unnies number?"

"I think I can give it to you as early as tonight."

"You're such a heaven sent."

"Ommonim, I guess I better leave, we don't want Jonghoon to find out I came here."

"I guess you're right. I'll be waiting for you call tonight."

Hongki then left the Choi's house and called Jonghyun, "Hello, Jonghyun, where are you right now?"

"Hongkiya! You're back in Korea?"

"Yes, I am, just answer the question, where are you right now?"

"I'm here at the dorm. Why?"

"Is Yoona there too?"

"Not yet but she'll be coming here later."

"How about Seohyun, is she there?"

"Nope, I think she's visiting Hyung today at their filming site. I heard Hyung's shooting his kissing scene with Shinhye and for some weird reason Seohyun want's to be there.  I just hope hyung would be able to concentrate on his scene while Seohyun's watching."

"What time will Yoona be there?"

"Yah! What's with all these questions?"

"Just tell me what time will Yoona be there?"

"In about an hour or two."

"Okay good. I'll go there right now."

"No you can't. I don't want any distractions when she's hear. You'll just be a nuisance. Don't come here. You're not welcome here today."

"Yah! I promise I won't be long. As long as I talk with Yoona I will leave the two of you."

"What do you want to talk to her about?"

"Aish this person. Can we just talk when I get there?"

"Fine. But promise me first that you will leave as soon as you get what you want from Yoona."

"Fine. I promise."

 

Upon arriving at CNBlue's dorm, Jonghyun confronted Hongki as soon as the latter entered the door. "What do you want to talk about with Yoona?"

"Can I have a seat first? Can you give me a glass of water first?" Jonghyun hurriedly took a glass of water, pushed Hongki down the sofa and handed him the water. As soon as Hongki finished drinking the water, he took the glass and hurriedly put in the sink without even washing it. He took a sit beside Hongki and said "TALK!"

Hongki just shook his head, "I just wanted to ask her if she has Yuri's parents contact details."

"Kwon Yuri? Yuri noona?"

"The one and only." Hongki said while smiling at his friend.

"Why do you want their contact details?"

"It's a secret."

Jonghyun would not let Hongki get away with just that. Somehow since he and Yoona became a couple, he also became protective of the other members of SNSD as if they're part of his own family. "Tell me the reason or I tell Yoona not to give it to you."

"What?" Hongki asked incredelously.

"Just tell me okay? I'm just concerned with Yuri's wellbeing too. She's Yoona's bestfriend."

"You love your girlfriend that much?"

"Yes I do."

"Lucky girl."

"So spill!"

Hongki then told him what happened earlier. Jonghyun can't believe what he's hearing. Of all people in Seoul, why would Jonghoon be promised to Yuri? As soon as Hongki ended his short talk the doorbell rang, signalling someone's at the door.

Jonghyun ran to the door and as soon as he opened it, a girl threw herself at him and she began kissing him. Jonghyun forgot that they have company and too began kissing his girlfriend. Hongki watched them for a while but when he realized that it's getting out of control he began to clear his throat making Jonghyun remember him and Yoona finally realizing that they have company.

Yoona tried to fix her clothes, Jonghyun tried to help her and Hongki began to laugh at the couple. Jonghyun shot him a murderous look while Yoona tried to hide her face in Jonghyun's back. Hongki knew he needed to finish his mission soon so that the two can continue what he had interrupted them to do.

"Yoona, I need to ask you something then I'll leave." Yoona tried hard to act as if nothing happened but the blush on her face betrayed her. "What is it Hongki?" She finally asked.

"Do you know the contact details of Yuri's parents?"

Yoona looked at him thoughtfully. "Why do you need it?" she asked.

"Someone needs them and they asked me for help." Hongki said.

"Tell me first why?"

"Am I doing this again?" Hongki asked Jonghyun and his friend nodded in return so Hongki again told the same story all over again. Like Jonghyun, Yoona can't believe what Hongki just said. "Kwon Yuri? Yuri unnie? Are you sure it's her?"

"Yes I'm sure. Jonghoon's mom saw her family picture in the net and recognized her mom."

"You mean Jonghoon and unnie are promised to each other by their moms?"

"Yes."

"This is daebak!" Not it's Hongki and Jonghyun's turn to look surprise at Yoona.

"Why is that?" Hongki asked Yoona.

"Let's just say I have a feeling that unnie's mom will honor the promise made years ago." Yoona said smiling.

"Why?" Jonghyun's turn to ask.

"Because." Yoona said as she tap her boyfriend's cheek, "ommonims also having the exact same problem with unnie right now."

 

*******************************

A/N: Finally I was able to start Jonghoon's story. I was having a hard time thinking what kind of story to give him. I hope I'd be able to pull this through. Hope you guys will continue to read the story. I know some doesn't like the pairing but I hope you'd like them eventually. Jonghoon's fans please don't get mad at me if I made him a playboy. It's just that if I was a boy and I had that face, I'd have girls here and there... heheheheh... As for Yuri's fan, wait until next chapter before you guys hate me... please!!!...

Who watched Hongki's 2nd win in Immortal Song 2? Whoever says that FTIsland only handsync, watch the video and they will prove you wrong. For those of you primadonna's who's still haven't watched it, watch it and renew your love for the boys!!! It was an awesome performance. Hongki's awesome as usual and Jonghoon's as hot as usual. BTW, those of you who's not a fan of FTIsland, watch the video and you will be able understand why I said their awesome and why Jonghoon's the hottest member. For those of you who doesn't know FTIsland, Hongki's the vocalist, Jonghoon's the one holding the red guitar, Minghwan's the drummer, Jaejin's the blond guy on the bass and Seunghyun's the one with the curly hair and black guitar. The old man who was sitting with the acoustic guitar is the one who arranged the song I think. Background on the song, it was a cover by FTIsland, originally it was a trot song sang by a girl.

By the way here's the link since I don't know how to embed a video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6niZRaghYb0