Vol. 2 Chap. 5 "Jonghyun"

Playing Cupids

Lee Sooman looked at the two young people. He saw something sparked though he wasn't sure if it was positive or negative but for some reason he felt at ease with Jonghyun. He just can't pinpoint it but somehow he felt that Yoona with Jonghyun felt right. He just don't know why. He asked Yoona to take a seat and the latter obeyed.

"You've heard everything right?" Sooman asked Yoona.

"Yes President." Yoona said.

"What can you say with his conditions?"

"It's fine by me sir. I also think that it's what we should do. I also don't want to publicize our "relationship." With due respect Mr. President, even though you said that it will give him more popularity but it will also give him and me more anti fans. We know how possessive fans are. If somehow the media caught us in one of our 'dates,' let's just cross the bridge when we get there." Yoona said.

"Okay but I too have some rules and conditions." Sooman told the two. "First, if anyone asks if you two are together, you will not deny it. We don't know who the stalker has connections with. We need to be careful about this.

"Second, only SNSD, CNBlue, Managers and the us two presidents will know about the truth behind this relationship."

"Sir," Jonghyun interrupted, "I don't think we can fool the members of FTIsland about this relationship since Lee Hongki and Choi Jonghoon witnessed what happened two days ago."

"But can they be trusted? They just say whatever they want in their interviews especially that Lee Hongki." Sooman challenged Jonghyun.

"I know my friends sir. They're like my brothers outside CNBlue and they can keep secrets."

Sooman pondered on the words of Jonghyun. He decided to trust the younger Lee. "Okay, you can tell FTIsland but make sure that they will keep the truth a secret." Jonghyun nodded at the old man.

"Third, since you two are in a 'relationship' you two will have to spend time together. We need to make the stalker think that you two are really in a relationship. We need to make him mad so that he'd either give up or come out and do something stupid.

"Fourth and last, you will have to tell me if ever you two ever falls for the other or decided to become a real couple."

"As if I'd fall in love with her, even if she's the last girl on earth, I'd rather die alone." Jonghyun said.

"Yah Lee Jonghyun! Do you think you're loveable? Don't flatter yourself, even if loving you is the only way that can save me from death, I'd rather die." Yoona shot back.

"Yah you two stop it with this dying thing! Remember you need to pretend to like each other or else this will not work." Lee Sooman shouted at the two. He can't believe this two will make him loose his composure. He then thought that maybe it's a wrong idea to pair them up, he again looked at the two, but still something tells him that it's still the best thing to do.

"I suggest you two go out and spend time together. I want you two to talk and compromise. Make this 'relationship' work. GO!" Ordered Lee Sooman. The two stood up and bowed at him. "We will now take our leave sir." Jonghyun said and walked out of the office with Yoona following him.

Outside the office the two were silent until they reached the elevator. Inside the elevator, they were still not talking. Outside the elevator they met Heechul and they both bowed to him. Heechul stared at them, "Why are you two together?" he asked. The two looked at each other, Jonghyun then grabbed Yoona's hand and Yoona smiled at him sweetly. "Oppa, we just came from Mr. President's office and we just asked his blessing with our relationship." Yoona said then leaned her head on Jonghyun's shoulder. Jonghyun then put his arms around her shoulders.

"You mean you two are together together?" Heechul asked. "Yes hyungnim. Please take care of us." Jonghyun said and bowed to Heechul.

"I didn't know you two were close." Heechul kept on asking.

"We got close last month. Remember the surprise party for Yonghwa oppa? It started then." Yoona said then she fixed Jonghyuns fringe and smiled sweetly at her 'boyfriend' and the latter smiled at his 'girlfriend' too showing his dimples.

"Since when did you two became official?" Heechul kept on asking. He was suspicious and the two noticed this and Jonghyun knew he needed to do something that will make Heechul's doubts go away. He then looked at Yoona like she's his most prized possession, he squeezed her hand as if telling her to prepare herself, then kissed her nose, then stared at her eyes and said, "Just last week hyung."

Yoona too stared back at Jonghyun, she was caught off guard, not because of the kiss but because her heart was pounding really fast. Jonghyun then squeezed her hand again and it made her go back to her senses and looked away at Jonghyun. It was a good thing Heechul thought differently of Yoona's embarrassment and said, "Yah! Don't be too showy. Someone might see you and it will cause a big scandal. You two look good together."

"Oppa, can you keep this a secret please? It's not that I'm not proud of my "Dimples" but we want to have more privacy. Please?" Yoona asked Heechul with all the aegyo she can muster.

"No worries, your secret's safe with me. Lee Jonghyun, take care of my dongsaeng or else all members of Super Junior will fall in line to kick your ." Heechul told Jonghyun sincerely.

"I will take care of her hyung. I can promise you that." Jonghyun said truthfully.

"Oppa, we're leaving now. Bye!" Yoona said then pulled the bowing Jonghyun.

As soon as they were inside the CNBlue van Yoona began hitting Jonghyun. "Yah witch! Have you finally lost your mind? Stop hitting me!" Jonghyun said while trying to stop Yoona.

"You're such a ert. You... you... you... kissed me again!!!"

"Aish this crazy witch! Can't you see Heechul hyung's not buying our story. I needed to do something to make him believe."

"But still you don't have to kiss me!"

"Did you honestly think I wanted to kiss you? Don't flatter yourself. It was just a last resort."

"If it's the last resort, you could've thought of something else."

"Like what?"

"Like... like... like... I don't know!!!"

"Just get over it okay."

Yoona decided to stop whining. She knew Jonghyun has a point. Jonghyun was also silent. He too didn't know why he kissed Yoona in the first place. He knew he could've just put his arms around her waist, intertwined their fingers, but instead he kissed her and he can't say he didn't enjoyed it. After a while Yoona broke the silence.

"I think we need to make some ground rules in this 'relationship' of ours."

"I agree."

"So what should we do?"

"I think we should call a truce between us. If we will always fight, no one would believe us."

"I guess you're right."

"Can we start from the very beginning?"

Yoona then looked at the boy beside her. She smiled and knew that this is the start of something new. She gave him her sweetest smile and said, "Hello, my name is Im Yoona, I'm pleased to meet you." she then offered her hand.

When Jonghyun saw Yoona's smile, his heart began to beat faster and knew that he likes it, he too smiled at her genuinely and shook her hand, "Hello, my name is Lee Jonghyun, I'm please to meet you too." Then the two laughed at the same time.

Yoona asked Jonghyun knows a place where they can talk. Jonghyun then remembered the cafe where they trapped Jaejin and told his manager to bring them there. On the way there, they were cautious if someone was following them. Jonghyun then noticed a gray car following them and told their hyung about it. The manager drove faster and when they had the chance to distance their van, Jonghyun and Yoona hurriedly went out of the van and went inside a building and the van sped away. Then they saw the gray car followed their van. As soon as the car was out of sight, Jonghyun and Yoona hailed a taxi. It was a good thing Jonghyun heeded Hongki's advice with having disguises at hand at all times. He and Yoona wore the disguises they put in their van.

Inside the coffee shop, the two talked about everything they can think of. They started with their birthdays, family, school life, hobbies, training days, their respective groups, their favorite color, favorite food, favorite artists, anything under the sun and found themselves enjoying each other's company.

"Don't you get jealous of the popularity of the members of you group?" Asked Yoona.

"Of course I do, I'm only human. But I'm happy for them. I also know that if they got famous, our group will be more famous too. How about you? Don't you get tired of being too famous?"

"I do."

"But you like being famous."

"Do you think I'd be in this business if I don't?" Jonghyun just nodded. "I mean, it has it's perks but also its negative effects. With bigger fanbase, you also have the bigger tendency to have more stalkers and more crazier fans."

"I know what you mean. Hyung's fans are crazier than mine. Hehehe. But why do you think you're more famous than your other members?"

"Maybe because I've been casted on two dramas already? I have more CF's than the others. I mean, I don't sing as well as Taeng unnie, I can't dance as well as Hyo unnie, I'm not as smart as Hyunnie. If you would look at it, I'm more of an average member in terms of skills, but I'm proud to say that I work hard and always give my best. Maybe the fans can see that."

"Plus you're prettier than them." Jonghyun added making Yoona blush.

"Beauty lies on the eyes of the beholder. Like for instance, with Yonghwa oppa, Hyunnie is the prettiest. I don't really think I'm prettier than the others. We all have our own charms. How about you?"

"What about me?"

"What do you think is your charm?"

"I honestly don't know."

"Just try to think of something."

Jonghyun then thought about it. He stared at her all the time he was thinking. "Some said I have a different voice texture. It's not as powerful as hyungs or Hongki's but it's more soothing than theirs. I can play the guitar better than most idols in the industry, I'm a blackbelt at Judo and Taekwondo. I hate lying, I usually say whatever comes to my mind."

"Yes you do." Yoona said and Jonghyun laughed at her.

The two talked about each other for another hour then they decided to set ground rules on their so called relationship.

"First off, what should we call each other?" Yoona asked.

"Jonghyun and Yoona?" Jonghyun smiled showing his dimples.

Yoona then smiled at him and said, "I'd call you Dimples."

"Yah! Do you want to die? That's too girly! I hate it when people call me that."

"Then should I call you Yeobo? Chagiya?"

"We're not married. I'd only call my wife or future wife Yeobo."

"Okay, noted. How about we call each other "Hon"? Short cut for the english word honey? Or you'd rather use "Sweet"? At least we'd be sweet with our names even if we fight all the time." Yoona told Jonghyun.

Jonghyun thought about it. "Hon or Sweet? Let's go with Hon."

"Then Hon it is. Next, up to what extent is our skinship?"

"I'd be honest with you, I'm the most touchy person in our group. I don't really mind skinship. People who knows me would know that we're just pretending if I'm not touchy with you. Do you get what I mean?" He asked Yoona.

"So you mean I need to get used to you touching me?"

"Something like that. Expect me to put my arms around you, hold your hand, put my hands on your waist, the normal things a boyfriend would do with his girlfriend. It's something we have to do to convince others you know."

"Okay fine. I'll try to get used to it. This is hard, you're not even my real boyfriend and I'd be like that with you."

"Just imagine I'm just one of your SuJu oppas."

"That would be hard."

"Why?"

"Nothing... I was just saying."

Then Yoona suddenly became awkward as if wanting to ask something very trivial. Jonghyun noticed that and knew what Yoona was thinking.

"You're thinking about kissing right?"

Yoona blushed profusely with Jonghyun's last statement. She knew they needed to discuss that but she's shy to open the topic so she just nodded.

"Don't worry about it. I won't kiss you unless the situation calls for it. Sorry about earlier with Heechul hyung. It was the first thing that came to my mind to convince him. I promise I'd be more careful next time." Jonghyun said sincerely and Yoona smiled at him.

"I never imagined we can be this civilized with each other." Yoona said.

"Me too." Jonghyun agreed and again laughter filled the room.

The two decided to spend time with each other as often as they can. Jonghyun offered to fetch her from school if his schedule would allow him to. They knew they need to be as visible as they can so that the stalker would buy their act. At least for now they agreed to be good friends.

They also agreed to tell their relationship to everyone (SNSD, CNBlue and FTIsland) at the same time except for Seohyun and Yonghwa who would be fetching them that night.

It was late at night when Yonghwa and Seohyun came to fetch them. When they were both inside the car, the two noticed that something was off. Yoona saw that Seohyun's nose were flaring. She knew the maknae is mad about something.

"Is something wrong Hyunnie?" Asked Yoona.

"Nothing unnie." Answered Seohyun.

"Hyung, do you want me to drive? I don't think your in the mood to drive." Jonghyun offered Yonghwa.

"Hyun, are you ashamed of me?" Yonghwa then started making Yoona and Jonghyun looked at each other trying to contain their laughter.

"What are you talking about oppa?" Seohyun answered back.

Jonghyun and Yoona decided to keep silent and watch the two people fight.

"Why won't you let me tell everyone about us?" Asked Yonghwa oblivious of their passengers.

"Oppa! Can't you see, I'm doing this for you. Currently your drama with Shinhye unnie is being shown, if you tell about our relationship with everyone then your drama will suffer for it."

"But they know that we're just friends. We've made that clear already."

"Even so oppa. The fans that are shipping you two won't be able to understand that. They'd hate you and me. You know how it is."

"But I want to tell everyone about us. I want your fanboys to know that you're mine."

"Oppa, I assure you they know that I'm yours only."

"How can you say that?"

"Cause I told them myself."

That simple phrase made Yonghwa smile with bursting cheeks. "Really? You told them? Like who?"

"My SM Oppas and chinggus know about us. When we came clean with Mr. Lee Sooman, it was announced to everyone. Minho, Leeteuk Oppa, Jungmo Oppa and some others asked me if it's true..."

"And what did you say?"

"I told them it's true and that I'm in love with my nampyeon."

Just then Yonghwa stepped on the breaks much to the surprise of everyone inside the car. "Jonghyun drive this car. Yoona can you please exchange seats with Hyun?"

"Ah okay." Yoona complied. Jonghyun then went to the driver seat, Yoona and Seohyun exchange seats and Yonghwa sat behind Jonghyun. As soon as the changes were made, Yonghwa suddenly pulled Seohyun into a hug making Jonghyun and Yoona laugh.

"Hyung, can you please stop that? You're to cheesy!" Jonghyun told Yonghwa.

"Yah! Keep your eyes on the road and don't mind us." Ordered Yonghwa.

Jonghyun and Yoona just shook their heads.

"Hyun, can I ask a favor then?" Everyone heard Yonghwa asked.

"What is it oppa?"

"If someone asks me about you, can I not say anything to deny our relationship? I'd be vague but I won't deny us."

"Oppa, do you really need my permission to do that? Isn't that what you've been doing all this time? You even said on radio that I'm your buin, you shouted you love me, chose me over Taeyeon unnie and Sulli."

"But Hyun if someone would ask me a direct question if you're my girlfriend, don't expect me to lie about us. Pray hard that no one would ask me that question as long as my drama is airing. I will never deny us, mark my word."

Seohyun can't help but smile at her boyfriend and gave him a peck on the lips. Yonghwa then put his arms around Seohyun back hugging her. Yoona and Jonghyun just smiled that the two had settle their little disputes.

"So what happened to you two? What did you decided to do?" Asked Yonghwa.

"As of last week, Yoona and I are officially together but I told Lee Sooman-ssi not to publicize our relationship. Only members of SNSD, CNBlue and FTIsland are allowed to know the truth behind our relationship." Jonghyun told Yonghwa.

"Oppa! Thank you for helping unnie. Please take care of her." Seohyun said.

"I will."

When they arrived at SNSD dorm, the boys decided to walk the girls to the door. Seohyun and Yonghwa were walking hand in hand in front of Yoona and Jonghyun. Jonghyun then noticed that someone's lurking on the shadows. He then grabbed Yoona's hand making her stop walking. Yoona then looked at him confusedly. Jonghyun then hugged her, Yoona was about to struggle when Jonghyun whispered, "someone's here." Yoona stiffened with fear. "You need to be strong. Don't be scared I'm here. I will protect you." She heard Jonghyun say. Somehow this made her calm. How can he make her fears go away just like that? She asked herself. Slowly her hands hugged him back, her head rested on his shoulders with a smile on her face and she whispered, "I know."

Somewhere in the shadows, "I will never let anyone have you. You're mine. Mine alone."

 

**********************************

A/N: Maybe some of you were asking how our cupids will take part in this story, all i can say is please wait for it... They're starting to feel something but they will need help to fully realize it. I hope you guys would like this story. I tried to put some of Yoona and Jonghyun's insecurities and thoughts. I hope I gave them justice. Hehehehe. Thank you everyone for commenting and subscribing. Please subscribe, one more subscriber and I'll have 50 subscribers... Please comment, help me improve the story and inspire me to write. Thank you everyone for reading.