Volume 3, Chapter 2 "Jonghoon"

Playing Cupids

 

“Yuri you need to come home today.”

“Can’t I just come tomorrow? We just came from Japan and I want to sleep today. I promise I’ll come tomorrow.”

“No can do young lady. You’re coming today and that’s it.”

“But mom, I really need some rest.”

“You can rest the whole day tomorrow. Just for today just follow what your mom tells you.”

“Mom, it’s not that I don’t want to go there, I’m just dead tired. Manager oppa is also tired, he won’t be able to drive me there.”

“Yuri please I need your help today, we have guests coming today and I need you to help me cook.”

“Mom, you want me to go there to cook when I already told you that I’m really really tired?”

“I won’t take no for an answer. Your dad’s on his way there right now, he’d be arriving in 10 minutes. Bring something nice to wear too. Okay?”

“Mom!!!”

“I’ll see you soon.”

Yuri heard her mom hang up on her and she was really flabbergasted with her mom’s unreasonable request. It was known that SNSD had been very busy lately and it’s seldom for them to have a few days of rest. It’s not that she’s being a disobedient child but she really needs to rest more. Not just long ago when news surfaced that’s she’s too thin. It wasn’t a complete lie because it’s true that she lost a lot of weight due to her busy schedule. But still she knows that when her mom makes up her mind, there’s no way of changing it. So grudgingly, she went to her closet and look something ‘nice’ to wear just as Yoona was entering her room.

“Unnie, you’re going somewhere?” Yoona asked.

Yuri looked at her friend and just nodded. “Where?” Yoona kept asking.

“My mom told me to go help her today cook for some guests.” Yuri said as she was sorting out her clothes. Yoona then realized that it must be the ‘day’ today. She then stood up and stood beside Yuri in front of her closet. Just then Yuri picked a dress, “Not that one unnie.” Yuri then looked at Yoona.

“Why not?”

“It’s too plain.”

“What?”

“It’s too plain. I think you should wear this one.” Yoona said as she picks one dress.

“Don’t you think this is too much? It’s just a dinner with some friends of my parents.”

“What if those friends were someone special?”

“Special? Whatever your thinking Yoona.”

“Just trust me on this one please?” Yoona begged. Yuri then shook her head and took the dress from Yoona’s hands, “Fine, whatever.” She then put it in a bag and then they heard the doorbell rang. “I think that’s my dad.” Yuri then picked up the bag that contained the dress and true enough it was her dad at their door.

As soon as Yuri left with her dad, Seohyun who was at the living room reading a book signalled for Yoona to sit beside her. “Is it today unnie?” Seohyun asked and Yoona nods. “I think we should prepare ourselves  for some pissed Kwon Yuri tonight.” Seohyun said and again Yoona just nod. “Unnie, you think we should finally tell the rest of our unnies about it?” And for the last time Yoona nod. Seohyun then shouted on top of her lungs “UNNIE’S WE NEED TO HAVE A MEETING RIGHT NOW!”

 

Meanwhile at FTIsland dorm, Minhwan saw Jonghoon all dressed up.

“Hyung, you have a date today?” He asked.

“Yes!”

“Who is it now? From which girl group?”

“With my parents punk!” Jonghoon said as he hit Minhwan’s head. Just then Hongki ran outside his room, “You’re going home today?” He asked just as soon as he came face to face with Jonghoon.

“Yes.” Jonghoon answered back.

“Don’t wear that.” Hongki said looking at Jonghoon’s attire.

“And why not?”

“It’s too casual.”

“What?”

“Just take my word on this. I am the most fashionable one in this group so just heed my advice.”

“Yeah, you’re too fashionable that you even spend a lot of money with your nails. I’m not changing and that’s it.” Jonghoon said stubbornly but Hongki won’t budge, he pulled a struggling Jonghoon back to his room. Minhwan just looked amazed with his hyungs and several minutes later his two hyungs walked out of the room and it looked like Hongki won in the end for Jonghoon’s now wearing something a bit more formal that his attire earlier.

“Don’t you think this is too formal for a family dinner?” Jonghoon asked Hongki.

Hongki looked proudly at his creation, “Nope, it’s perfect.”

“Whatever Lee Hongki. I’m running late and I’m leaving you in charge here.  You practice your lyrics, you keep on messing the words with “Still/As Ever.”

“Okay I got it. Just go, you don’t want ommonim get mad because you were late.”

As soon as Jonghoon left the dorm Hongki told Minhwan to call Seunghyun and Jaejin.

 

As if by fate, at exactly 3:00 pm that day, three members of FTIsland and six girls from SNSD, from their respective dorms shouted “WHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATTTTTTTTTTTT??????????????”

 

To Jonghoon’s surprise as soon as he rang the doorbell, both his mom and dad opened the door.

“What took you so long to come here?” His mom asked. Jonghoon looked confused because his mom and dad were both formally dressed and instead of letting him in, they were walking out of the door.

“Don’t blame me, blame Hongki. But I guess thanked Hongki instead. I was planning to come here wearing something casual but he made me change my outfit. It looks like he was right all along.” Jonghoon said even thinking that he’s underdressed. “But mom, are we going somewhere?” He said as he noticed his dad locked the door of their house and unlocks the car with the remote. “I thought we were just having a family dinner.”

“Oh yes honey, we are having a family dinner just not here. So take your car and just follow us.” His mom told him.

“Why can’t I just ride with you guys?” He asked.

“Because you will need your car later.” His mom said as she kissed his cheeks, but before he can ask more questions, she already went inside the car and told him to hurry up and follow them.

 

As Jonghoon was driving, he realized that they were not going in the city but instead they were at a residential area. Somehow, he’s feeling uneasy with all the mystery of that day. What made Hongki insist for him to change his attire earlier? Why are they not eating in their own home? Instead of going to the city where restaurants are established, why were they at a residential area? But soon enough he realized that his dad was parking his car and soon his mom came out of the car and told him to park his car too.

As they were walking towards the house, he saw the name KWON on the gate. “Mom, are we close to any Kwon’s?”

“Yes we are.” His mom said and tried to fix his suit. “I expect you to be on your best behaviour tonight Choi Jonghoon. Don’t do anything that will cause a disgrace to our family.”

Jonghoon stopped on his tracks. Now he’s feeling nervous. Soon enough a woman in her forties opened the door and welcomed them. Jonghoon can’t help but notice that the older woman was scrutinizing him. He then heard his mom say, “Unnie! I missed you.” The older woman then looked at his mom and sincerely smiled at her and hugged her. “I missed you too. It’s been 20 or so years since we last saw each other.”

Jonghoon then saw his dad being hugged by an older man. They looked close too. She then heard her mom introduce him, “Unnie, I want you to meet my son, Choi Jonghoon. He’s the leader of FTIsland.” Jonghoon then bowed to the lady and also to the man who was standing beside his dad. The man then stood in front of him and sized him up. He was a bit intimidated but decided to just let the older man do whatever it is he is doing.

“You’re the leader of your group?” The man said.

“Yes ahjussi.” He answered politely.

“You’re one good looking boy.” The older woman said.

“Thank you ahjumma.” He then bowed at the older lady.

“Just call me auntie, and you can call him uncle.” She told Jonghoon and Jonghoon bowed again. Just then they heard a door closing upstairs and they heard someone coming.  “Oh here she comes.” Mrs. Kwon said.

Jonghoon then looked at the stairs and what he saw made him gape. It was Kwon Yuri who was descending on the stairs and she looked so so hot in the dress she was wearing.

“Yuri-ah hurry up, the guests are already here.” Her mom said and only that time did she notice that there were other people in their house. A very familiar boy caught her attention and it made her stop on her tracks. Choi Jonghoon was there standing in their living room with his mouth open looking at her. She then laughed at his reaction and he immediately closed his mouth and gave her his killer smile. He was quite satisfied with his effect on her because she blushed immediately but Yuri soon recovered her composure and joined the others soon.

After the formal introductions, Mrs. Kwon told them that it’s time for dinner. Jonghoon and Yuri sat next to each other. The two began whispering to each other.

“I didn’t know your parents knew my parents.” Yuri said.

“I didn’t know too. I was shocked when I saw you coming down the stair.”

“I know. I was also shocked when I saw you standing on our living room.”

“By the way, you look beautiful.” Jonghoon told Yuri.

“You don’t look bad yourself Mr. Handsome.” Yuri joked.

Unknown to them four pairs of eyes were observing their every action. The two moms then looked at each other both with satisfied smiles. Dinner went by smoothly and soon after they were all sitting in the living room. Mrs Kwon and Mrs Choi were sitting next to each other. Mr Kwon and Mr Choi were standing next to each other, while Yuri and Jonghoon busy chatting with each other. Just then Mrs Choi cleared to get the attention of all the people in the room.

“Jonghoon, honey, you know I love you right?” She suddenly said. Nervousness again came back to Jonghoon. Something is really off with his mom tonight. “Yes mom I know that.”

“And Yuri you know we love you as much right?” Her mom asked her and she just nod.

“Well we’re glad that you two seem to get along with each other.” Mrs Kwon continued, Jonghoon and Yuri then looked at each other uneasily. “You see kids, when I was four months pregnant with Jonghoon, unnie and I met at the hospital for our monthly check up. She was then 7 months pregnant with you Yuri. We were best of friends for the longest time since we grew up together. It was decided that day that the boy I was carrying and the girl unnie was carrying would be married off together when they come of age. Choi Jonghoon, meet you bride to be, Kwon Yuri.”

 

**************************************************

A/N: I'm back with an update at last!!! Sorry for not updating for more than a week. I was caught up watching a certain drama and I didn't have time to write. Sorry. I guess some people have already unsubscribed...huhuhuhuh... I was sad about that. At least most of you stayed and I'm very thankful to you guys. I can't promise to update as frequent as before.  This plot I made is much harder than I thought to continue. But I will try my best to do it. Hope you guys will like to the story. Please do comment. I'm sorry for not replying back lately. I'm too sleepy to reply. But please do comment. Tell me how to improve the story. For those who's not liking the current pairing, hope you'd develop liking them as the story goes.

Thank you all!!! Please subscribe if you like the story and comment to help me with the story...