Volume 3, Chapter 11 "Jonghoon"

Playing Cupids

THE CHOICE

 

"Hongkiya, are you sure Dimples know about this meeting?" Yoona asked for the nth time.

"Yoona, for the hundredth time, he knows besides he's not like Yonghwa hyung who gets mad with guys who appreciates his girl. Your "dimples" is the more understanding type as long as they don't touch you. It's okay to talk and look at you just don't touch." Hongki explained. "Besides, don't you think it's about time we help our best friends? I assure you, mine needs it badly, very badly."

Yoona and Hongki had decided to meet one afternoon. Hongki called Yoona out so that they can talk about the situation of Jonghoon, Yuri and Geunsuk. Yoona gladly agreed seeing her friend's eye bags getting worse by the day.  

"Since Jonghoon is your bestfriend and Geunsuk Oppa is your revered hyung, who do you think deserves Yuri more?" Yoona said as they were entering their 'cafe.'

Hongki sighed deeply as soon as they sat down. "That's the thing. I don't know. I really want to help but I feel I'd be betraying one if I side with the other. They are the best people I know."

"That's not really helping our problem." Yoona told Hongki and the boy nods in agreement. "Do you know if Jonghoon's in contact with Yuri?" she asked.

"As far as Hoonie's concerned, noona told him to give her time and space to think and he agreed. It's been a week since the last time he contacted her." Hongki informed her.

Yoona thought of what he said. "I see. She also asked Geunsuk oppa the exact thing. It's been a week too."

"Who do you think is winning?" he asked.

"Don't know." She said. "She's very confused. There are days when she longs for Geunsuk oppa but there are also days when she misses Jonghoon badly."

"What do you think we can do?" Hongki asked.

"I think we need to make them meet." Yoona answered and Hongki smiled. "I have the perfect occasion for that."

 

"You know you should come, right?" Hongki told their leader who was sulking in the sofa.

"I know I should. But I don't want to see them in the same room just yet." His friend said.

"Don't you want to see her?"

"Of course I do."

"Then get your off that sofa and get ready."

"But I don't think I will be able to control myself if ever I will see them together."

"Who said they will be together?"

"Why wouldn't they be?"

"Because she told hyung the same thing she asked you last week and he also agreed. You're pretty much in the same boat as hyung. Besides, Heechul hyung will kill you if ever you miss his send-off party." Hongki added.

Jonghoon looked at his friend and knew he was right. Maybe Hongki's right. Maybe it's about time he confronts her.

 

SNSD arrived at the party venue first. Yoona saw how uncomfortable Yuri is. Her bestfriend also knows that both guys will be coming since both are good friends of Heechul. Yoona then pulled Yuri in a corner. "You should get a hold of yourself. It's about time you see them and decide who you want to be with you."

"I know you're right." Yuri said and just then the door opened and FTIsland and CNBlue entered. Suddenly they heard their maknae shrieked because Yonghwa sneaked up to her. Taeyeon and Hyoyeon who was with Seohyun at that time just shook their heads and said at the same time, "Yong choding," then left the lovebirds.

Jonghyun then went straight to where Yuri and Yoona were standing. He gave his girl a peck on the lips and hugged her tightly. "I missed badly witch!" he said and smiled at Yoona sweetly. Yoona then kissed his dimples and pinched his cheeks, "I missed you too."

Yuri wasn't really paying attention to her friends since her attention was focused on her fiance who was standing beside Heechul and Hongki. When she saw him smile, her heart began to beat faster and she realized how much she missed him. She gathered all her courage and walked up to the boys.

As soon as the boys entered the hall, Jonghoon immediately saw Yuri who was in a corner with Yoona. He wanted to go to her but he doesn't know if she wants him to so he decided to join Hongki who was walking towards to where Heechul was.

Jonghoon who's back was facing Yuri didn't see her coming towards them. Hongki cleared his throat and Heechul saw Yuri coming. "Here she comes. I think you two should talk." He said and pulled Hongki away from Jonghoon. Jonghoon was getting very nervous. "It's now or never." He told himself. He took a deep breath and turned around. What he saw took his breath away. He was reminded of his fiance's beauty and charm.

"Hi!" Yuri said as soon as she reached Jonghoon's side. "Can we talk?" She asked and he nods. She walked away and he followed her. Soon they were at the rooftop of the building. She then took a seat on the bench and he sat beside her.

"I missed you." She said.

Jonghoon then looked at her who was looking at the view. "I missed you too." He said not taking his eyes away from her. "Can you tell me now everything?" he asked.

Yuri then looked at him and he saw tears are threatening to fall down from her pretty eyes. "Geunsuk oppa is my first love. I loved him with all my heart but he got busy and we drifted apart. He came back but then I got busy and we drifted again. Then you came. I began to fall for you. That day when oppa came back I was ready to tell you that I love you too. I was giddy that week. I was excited, I was looking forward to your reaction. Then I saw him. He told me he still loves me and he wants me back. I didn't know what to say then he suddenly hugged me and that was how you found us."

Yuri then stopped talking because tears began to fall. Jonghoon then hugged her and she cried more. "I'm really sorry Jonghoon. I never wanted to hurt you. If only you found me first that night everything will be alright now."

"Do you love me?" He asked the crying girl. Yuri then wiped her tears and looked at him but said nothing. "Are you still in love with him?" Still no answer. "You have to make up your mind Yuri."

"I've already made up my mind." she said and just then Geunsuk came walking towards them. Yuri then stood up, "Oppa."

"Is that your answer?" Jonghoon said.

"Can you wait here? I want to talk to him first." Yuri asked and he nods. Yuri then turned her back on him and walk towards Geunsuk. Geunsuk then took hold of her hand and looked at her lovingly. He saw Yuri said something to him and they walked away from him. He then felt something wet fell on his hand. He realized those were his tears.

After what seems like forever, he stood up and began to pace. Then he heard familiar voices. He silently walked towards them and saw Yuri and Geunsuk came to view. Then he saw him hug her and she hugged him back. His hyung pulled back from the embrace and traced his finger on her face then he saw him kiss her on the lips and she began to kiss him back. He can't take it anymore so walked away from the them. He went back to where he was sitting earlier and waited for Yuri to tell him the inevitable.

Soon Yuri was walking towards him and sat beside him. The stayed silent for several minutes more. Neither knows how to begin. Then he heard her say, "I realized I will always love oppa no matter what happen." Tears again fall from his eyes but he didn't bother to hide it from her.

"I know. I saw you two earlier. I know who you chose." He finally said.

Yuri was shocked with his confession. She looked at him with tearful eyes. "Don't worry, I'm not the type of person who forces himself to someone who's in love with someone else. But do know that I really love you. I was ready to marry you anytime. But you've made your choice and I'm respecting that. I sincerely hope that you and hyung will be happy." Yuri then began to cry hard. He stood up and walked away from her. As he was nearing the door he felt two arms hugged him from behind. "Please don't feel guilty anymore. I really understand. Maybe someday we can become friends again. Let me sulk first? Please?" He pleaded.

"Please don't go. Please let me explain first." Yuri begged.

"What's there to explain? Action speaks louder than words." He said. "I'm really hurting now, please don't add any more pain, you might just kill me right now." He then forcefully free himself from her hold.

"I chose you. I love you." He heard her say as he was about to open the door. He stopped. He turned around and looked at her. "What kind of sick joke is this? I don't need your pity!" he shouted at her. She then ran to him and kissed him fully on the lips. Jonghoon stood there stiffly as he was being kissed by Yuri. "Please, believe me. I am in love with you Choi Jonghoon." She said in between kisses.

He can't take it anymore. He heard the raw desire in her voice. He began to kiss her back. The kiss got deeper. Their tongues tasted every part of each other's mouth. Hands began to roam each other's body. He then listed her and her legs wrapped around his waist. He pressed her back on the door and they continued to kiss passionately. They were loudly now. He kissed every part of her face, every nook of her neck and nibbled her ears. They can't seem to stop but then they heard something fell and it made them realize their situation. He slowly put her down but not breaking their eye contact. Yuri was smiling beautifully at him and he finally smiled back at her.

He then pulled her into another hug. "I love you Kwon Yuri."

"And I love you too." She said. Jonghoon then pulled her and walked back to the bench. He sat down and he made her sit in between his legs with her back on his chest. He hugged her and she cling on to his arms and rested her head on his shoulders. She then felt his body got stiff and heard him say, "But I saw you hugged him. He kissed you and you kissed him back. Are you two-timing me?" He began to let go of her but she held on to his embrace.

"What you saw earlier was me proving to him that I won't be swayed by him anymore. He didn't believed me when I chose you. He said he can change my mind after we kiss because I'll realize that he's the only one for me. I agreed also to know if he was right. I wanted to make sure of my feelings. To eliminate every doubt. He's still a good kisser, but that was all it was. A good kiss, maybe one of the best. But it stopped there. When I kissed you earlier, it was different. It was as if it the most natural thing in the world. It's as if asking myself how I was able to live without it.

"True, I will always love him because he was my first love. But it's a different love. It's more of the fondness of being the first. But what I have with you is what I call essential love. A love I can't live without." She explained.

He then turned her around and made her face him. "I know what you're saying because it's what I feel for you too." He kissed her softly then. When it was about to get deeper again Jonghoon pulled back.

"Why did you do that?" Yuri asked disappointedly.

"Promise me that you will never ever kiss any guy other than me ever again. Well except from your dad and brother." he said.

"I promise." she said and they went back to what they were doing.

 

A/N: Well this is the second to the last chapter of Jonghoon. The next chapter will be the epilogue for his volume. I thank everyone who read this volume. I hope you will still support Playing Cupids in the future.