Yonghwa - Part 9

Playing Cupids

"Gotcha! I was just kidding. It's not true that Jonghyun has a girlfriend." Hongki said. He then laughed so hard. "You should've seen your reactions. It was epic." Yonghwa looked at Hongki then suddenly laughed with him. Suddenly all the boys laughed with them except for Jonghyun because right that moment he thought he would've murdered a friend. Hongki looked at him and said, "but the truth of the matter is, Jonghyun asked me if I can help him."

"Help you with what? You're just a good for nothing except for your exceptional voice." Joked Yonghwa.

"He asked if I can help him get closer to Yoona-ssi." Hongki continued. "He told me that since I'm good friends with Heechung hyung, I might be able to help him because Yoona is the only girl that he liked more than his guitar."

With that, Jonghyun stood up "Hyung, can you please excuse me and Hongki again?" He again dragged Hongki inside his room. "What the hell are you talking about? I'm giving you one minute to explain yourself or you will see how I got my blackbelt in judo. 

Hongki stayed as cool as he was. He knew Jonghyun will do anything for his hyung so he shared his idea with Jonghyun. "We will need a reason for  Seohyun and hyung to get reacquainted and for him to personally witness how close Seohyun and Jaejin is."

"So how does me liking the witch of the west fit into all this?"

"Yah you guys you better come out here. We need some explanations." Yonghwa called out to the two.

"Just please I'm begging you go with me on this.  I will explain it to all of you at the same time. Just nod at everything that I will say." Hongki opened the door and went back to join the group. Jonghyun on the other hand counted one to ten to relax himself before he followed Hongki.

Hongki pat the seat beside him signalling Jonghyun to sit there. When the latter obliged Hongki started his speech. "You see hyung, in truth there is another reason why me and Jaejin frequents your dorm." When he saw Yonghwa encouraged him to go on he continued with his "story." "The truth is me and Jaejin had this project called HELP JONGHYUN CONFESS TO YOONA. Jungshin also joined us since he has so many time to spare."

"And how do you plan to do this?" Yonghwa seemed very interested in Hongki's 'plan.' Easy, I will ask help form Heechul hyung and did you know that Jaejin and Seohyun are really really close?"

With Hongki's last statement, the atmosphere turned sour. The younger guys felt that Yonghwa is changing again into a greener hulk. "Yah, I just knew about that recently." Then Yonghwa turned to Jaejin and decided to confront the younger man. "How close are you and Hyun really are?"

Jaejin panicked but Hongki signalled him to calm down. The other three CNB just pity him so he up his breath and answered "Very close to the point that I call her Joohyun and not Seohyun."

Yonghwa knows very well that only the people who are really close to Seohyun can call her Joohyun so he just nodded to Jaejin. "I was just surprised that Hyun didn't tell me anything about it."

"It's ok hyung. Even Hongki hyung doesn't know about it. He just knew this recently when Jonghyun hyung told us that he likes Yoona noona." Jaejin explained telling the others that he's on board with Hongki's new development.

"That's how we will help Jonghyun. I" Hongki said, "will help through Heechul hyung and since you are also close with Seohyun, I was hoping that you and Jaejin through Seohyun will help our dear Jonghyun. You should've seen his face when he asked us to help him. He really likes Yoona-ssi. Don't worry hyung, SNSD is now in Japan and tomorrow we are also leaving for Japan. Jaejin will then contact Seohyun and we will just update you guys with any developments. So don't worry my friend, we are here to help you." Hongki patted Jonghyuns shoulder while Jonghyun glared at Hongki.

 

After Hongki and Jaejin left, Yonghwa asked Jonghyun if he could join him in his room. 

"Since when did you started liking Yoona?"

Jonghyun realized that Hongki had just trapped him with this lie and has no other choice but to go with it even if it is against his will. "Since January. Remember in December we would always meet them through end year music programs? That was when I started to notice her. But I realized that I really liked her a week after your stint with Seohyun ended."

"Then why didn't you tell me?"

"Because we were so busy and I noticed that you stopped all communications with Seohyun."

Yonghwa was so frustrated and scratched his head. "If you had only told me this, I would have a reason to continue to communicate with her and now I think it's too late."

"Hyung? Do you like Seohyun" Jonghyun knew that this is the right time to get answers from his hyung since his walls were damaged big time by his jealousy with Jaejin and Seohyun.

"I don't know."

"You don't know or you don't want to know? Can I be honest with you hyung?"

Yonghwa nodded.

"Minhyuk told me that you're having a hard time in your filming. It's as if you're always distracted and he would find you staring into nothing. You're songs are all sad and tragic. You can't seem to compose love songs anymore. You've lost a  lot of weight. You have dark circles in your eyes. You're a total wreck since you cut all ties with Seohyun. She's the best thing that happened to you. CN Blue just came in 2nd to her. Just accept the fact that she's you're muse, she inspires you. She brings out the best in you. Don't be stubborn anymore."

"But it's too late. It's been months since I last talked to her. I don't know how to get her back. I envy Jaejin. I envy the way he easily talks about her and the way he talks to her. I worked hard for us to be comfortable with each other. Seeing Jaejin on the phone the other day made me want to smash his phone into pieces. I don't want to see him talking to her. At that time I was wishing to switch souls with Jaejin and talk to her again.."

"Then help me with Yoona. Make use of this opporturnity to get reacquainted with Seohyun. "Jonghyun quoted Hongki finally realizing the reason why Hongki made up such stupid lies about him and Yoona. 

"But what about Jaejin. Does he like her too?"

"I don't know hyung." Jonghyun lied. "I know that they are really close but you should know that Seohyun has a lot of fanboys. You should fight for her. Tell her what you feel.

I don't think I can do that. I don't deserve her. She's too good for me. But I will still take this opportunity to get closer to her. I will be fine with just her talking to me again. I think I will be happiest man just to have her smile at me again even if I'm just a friend. I know I want her for myself but I'm not good enough."

"Are you sure? Can you honestly tell me that it's ok for another guy to take her and make her his?"

Yonghwa just looked at his friend with eyes full of sadness and longing for a certain girl. He hated himself for denying his feelings for her. He really feels that he ruined everything he worked hard for with her. 

"Hyung..."

"Thank you. Thank you for opening up my eyes. I will help you with Yoona. I too think that you two really match well."

"Really hyung?"

"Really. Don't be like me okay? Fight for Yoona, You will need more luck than me for she has more fanboys than Seohyun." 

"If you only knew." Jonghyun told himself.

 

******************************

A/N: I really thought I wouldn't be able to pull this off. I hope I make sense. Though Yonghwa finally admitted his feelings, he's far from confessing to Seohyun. So I guess the steps are still in effect. 

Thank you to all who subscribed and commented. Those who are following this story... THANK YOU VERY MUCH. Please pray that I will be able to get more fun ideas. Again thank you.