Negotiations

Playing Cupids

"Babe! What are you doing here?" Eunjung cried out. The boys then looked at her for she said that in such a loud voice and looked at the person she calls babe. Everyone suddenly bowed to the newcomers. Even Jaejin began bowing to the two man who just walked in.

"Soohyun oppa, what are you doing here? Do you miss unnie that much?" Suzy then said giving Kim Soohyun a teasing look because he automatically opened his arms to welcome Eunjung into his arms who gave him a kiss on the cheeks.

"Are they together?" Hongki asked no one in particular but IU still answered, "Oh yes, they're very much together, just don't let MBC know or else unnie will be in a very big trouble."

"I thought she's with her husband for real." Minhwan asked.

"That's how talented unnie is with her acting." IU continued to answer.

Just then Jessica entered the door. "I'm sorry guys. I tried to stop Taec but he's too stubborn for me." Jessica apologized to Yoona and Seohyun.

"Well it's good that it's only you three that came here." Yoona said.

Jessica suddenly paled and Seohyun began to worry. The boys looked at Jaejin when suddenly the door opened wider and lo and behold, 2PM, 2AM and Miss A entered. The small cottage became smaller and still it didn't stop there, the rest of SNSD, CNBlue and FTIsland stood outside by the window.

 

Minutes later everyone was outside the cottage because they won't be able to fit inside. It looked like there was a big war. On the other side, Kim Soohyun and JYP artists were standing while on the other side, FNC boys and SNSD stands. Jaejin and Suzy were stuck in the middle. Suzy pitied Jaejin for he was sweating badly. She understands how intimidating her oppas can be.

Seohyun then walked to Jaejin and whispered something to him. Jaejin then stood up straight and bowed, "Good Day! I'm Lee Jaejin of FT Island!" He said loudly while he was bowing.

Then someone shouted. "We know who you are Jaejin. Stop that and stand up straight!" Jaejin knew that it was Min who shouted that. But still he continued talking out loud while bowing. "I really, really like Suzy and I would like to ask your permission for me to date her." He continued. He waited for someone to acknowledge his request but there was total silence.

Then he heard Suzy say, "Oppa stop that. Please stand up straight." Jaejin then slowly stood up straight and looked at the group in front of him. He was shocked that no one was giving him an encouraging look, not even from Min or Jinwoon who were his friends. Just then he heard Eunjung shouted, "Oh for crying out loud. What's wrong with you people. Can't you see we support him? It only means that we trust him with Suzy. Yah! Kim Soohyun! You better get your here beside me and support Jaejin or else I'll break-up with you and try it out with Jangwoo Oppa!"

Jaejin saw that panic in Soohyun's eyes. The man began to sweat. Everyone who knew Eunjung knows that she will really do it if Soohyun will not give in to her. Slowly, Soohyun walked towards Jaejin and whispered to him, "Be sure that you won't hurt her. I'll trust you because I trust my Eunjung's judgement." Jaejin bowed to him and happily thanked him. Eunjung just then squeeled and giggled and welcomed her boyfriend with open arms. Just then everyone heard Taec say, "Traitor."

"Taec honey!" Jessica then called. Taec then looked at her and smiled. "Can you please get me water. I'm so thirsty from the long journey." Immediately Taecyeon went inside his car and took Jessica's water bottle and brought it to her. Jessica drank some water and kissed Taec's cheeks as a sign of gratitude then she said, "Stay here beside me please." Then she smiled at him sweetly.

"Hey Jess that's cheating!" Everyone heard Nickhun shout. Just then Taec realized what Jessica had done and was about to go back to the other side when he saw that Jessica became very sad.

"Honey, what's wrong?" He asked very concerned.

"Can you please support Jaejin? The truth is, he's Seohyun's best friend and I know what kind of person he really is. He's very caring and very sweet. I know that he won't hurt Suzy willingly. Please stay on this side?" Jessica then pouted and when she does that Taecyeon can never deny her. Taecyeon knew he lost. He then went to Jaejin and asked, "You intentions are pure?" Jaejin can just nod. "Okay, I'll trust you with Suzy." He then hugged Jaejin. Everyone supporting Jaejin gave out a celebratory shout while the anti-Jaejin group were scowling.

"Seohyun-a, Jaejin's your best friend?" Jinwoon asked out loud.

"Oh yes he is." It was Yonghwa who answered his question.

"Since when?" Jinwoon continued to ask.

"Since Jaejin's drama with Sooyoung noona." It was Jungshin who answered that.

"How come I didn't know about it?" Jinwoon again asked.

"Because Jinwoon-a, even if you think you know everything about Seohyun, you just don't really know who she really is." Hyoyeon then said. "He is her most trusted friend. She trusts him more than she trusts us." Hyoyeon said and all of SNSD nodded in agreement.

"And until now he is still my most important friend." Seohyun said.

"What about Yonghwa hyung? Isn't he your boyfriend? Isn't he the most important one?" Jinwoon then asked.

Seohyun then looked at Yonghwa and checked if he's getting jealous again but Yonghwa just smiled at her. "Jinwoon-a, at first I was very jealous of him. But given the sacrifice Jaejin made just to make sure that Joohyun and I get together, I can honestly believe that their relationship is the best kind of friendship in the face of the earth. He's no threat to me because he is also my dearest friend."

Just then Jinwoon smiled and walked towards Jaejin. "Friend, for you to get Seohyun's approval and friendship is beyond me. But if she trusts you, then I'll trust you." Jaejin then hugged his friend and whispered. "Man, I'm so thankful that you're supporting me but please get over her. Believe me, it's a lost cause." Then he laughed. Jinwoon then looked at him and asked, "You really think so?" "Yes, I know so." Jaejin answered. "Friend, as long as they're not married, I will still have hope." Then he laughed and Jaejin just said, "You wish!"

"I'm going to this side! I'm supporting Jaejin." Jinwoon then bowed to his hyungs and Miss A.

Then it continued. Nickhun received a call from Victoria and after the call, Nickhun joined the pro side. Taeyeon and IU joined forces in convincing Wooyoung and became very successful. Hongki convinced Changmin. Yonghwa convinced Jokwon and Seulong. And so it continued. The Pro-people convinced the guys on the anti-side until only one person was left on the anti-side.

Nobody can seem to convince Min. Everyone knows that she's a good friend of FTIsland and everyone knows how close she is with Jaejin and Hongki, but still she stood her ground on the anti-side.

"What's wrong Min? Everyone's supporting Jaejin. You know him and I know you trust him too." Hongki said.

"Of course I trust him but I want to talk to him first." Just then Min pulled Jaejin out of the group and they walked away from everybody.

"Can't you trust me with her?" Jaejin asked hurt.

"Do you know about the guy that hurt her?" Min asked back and Jaejin nods and said, "You know me better than that. You know I would never do that to her."

But Min chose to ignore that statement and instead said, "I was the first person she seek when it happened. She was broken badly. I cried when I saw her like that. It was like she lost herself somewhere and it took us forever to patch her up together again. It was just recently when I can say that she's finally fine then you came along like a whirlwind. The day you first met her with Eunjung unnie, somehow she kept on asking things about you. She became so interested in you. I told her everything I knew about you. I guess she began to like you that time. Then I was reminded of how she was the last time. She was also like that and I got scared. I'm scared that she'll get hurt again. I'm more scared now because you're my friend and I don't want to hate you for the rest of my life if ever you hurt her." Min then began to cry.

Jaejin hugged her and said, "I understand where you're coming from. When I heard the story from Suzy, I too wanted to kill that guy." Just then Jaejin took out a small piece of paper and and pen from his pocket and began writing. Min who was wiping her tears began to look with interest on Jaejin and tried to peek at what he was writing. She smiled as she read the note.

"I, Lee Jaejin, bassist of the band FT Island, do hereby solemnly swear that I will never hurt Suzy intentionally and I will protect and love her for as long as she allows me to. In case I break this promise, I am allowing my dear friend Min to do anything she wants with me as my punishment. Signed, Lee Jaejin."

"Here is my promise to you." Jaejin then handed the note to Min.

"What if you fall out of love?" Min asked.

"I don't think I will. You know me, when I love something, I will love it for the rest of  my life. I will only stop it she will stop first." Jaejin said.

"I know that but don't you think it's still too soon to say that you love her. You're just starting to get to know her." Min said.

"You're right that I'm just starting to get to know her but so far I love what I'm seeing. I promise, we will take it one step at a time. I won't force her to do something she doesn't want. Now do I get your support?"

Min then looked at him and smiled. "Yes. I'll support you my friend but I'm still holding on to this note." Jaejin the laughed out loud and soon they were back with the others.

 

Everyone then gathered around Suzy and Jaejin. It's now time for Suzy to say her piece.

"I don't know what's the big issue is. Everyone's getting out of hand. You oppas are very bad. You're scaring Jaejin oppa. He's nothing but nice to me. I will have your hide for scaring him. Don't you guys trust my judgment?" Suzy said out loud then everyone answered, "No, we don't trust your judgment on men."

Suzy was exasperated. She began to blush when she saw Jaejin was trying hard not to laugh. She then continued, "You know what I noticed this whole time? All of you concluded that I will accept Jaejin oppa's proposal."

"Aren't you?" It was Hongki who asked that.

Suzy then looked at Jaejin who was smiling sweetly at her. How can she deny him when he's so adorable? But still she knew she needs to do what's got to be done. She then said to Jaejin, "Oppa can we talk privately?"

Everyone then shouted, "NO!!!" But then Jaejin just nodded and soon everyone saw the two of them walking away from everyone.

 

As soon as they were out of earshot, Suzy began to talk. "The truth is oppa, I like you. I began to like you since the first time with Eunjung unnie. Somehow, your sincerity that day affected me and I began to wish that I was the girl you liked. I found your awkwardness cute and endearing and this camp just strengthened everything. But since you know my past, I really don't want to get hurt again so I have a request." Suzy then stopped walking and Jaejin stood in front of her.

"What is it?" Jaejin asked as he was staring at Suzy's eyes.

Suzy was almost lost in his eyes but she pinched herself so that she can get back to reality. "Oppa, I want to take things slow. I like what I know so far but I want to know more. If it's okay with you, let's start with dating even if it's going to be hard given the industry we're in. Then we will see where it will lead us."

Jaejin was ecstatic but he tried his best not to show it. "I agree with what you're saying but I just want to ask, do you like me too?"

"Oppa, I just said, I like what I know so far. I guess that answered your question."

"But not enough for me to become your boyfriend?" Suzy shook her head.

Jaejin's face fell. It was clear that he was very disappointed but suddenly Suzy hugged him. "Don't be disappointed oppa. You're the only one I will date if it's any consolation. Jaejin then hugged her back. "I really like you. I think I'm beginning to really love you too. But I know you'll say it's too soon but I don't think it is for I have liked you and observed you for more than a year now. But I'll wait for you and I will do my best for you to feel the same way about me. Will you let me do that?"

Suzy then freed herself from their hug and looked at his eyes. Instinctively her hands began to caress his face and she said, "I hope you will. Please be patient with me?" She then kissed his cheeks.

Then they heard cheering behind them. They saw the girls were teary eyed. The JYP men were shooting dagger looks at Jaejin and the FNC boys all looked relieved. Then they saw Hongki running towards them.

"So you two are finally together huh?" Hongki asked with so much excitement. Jaejin looked at Suzy and Suzy smiled at him and looked at Hongki and said "Yes and no."

"What?" Both Hongki and Jaejin said at the same time. "We're together? You just said it's still not enough." Jaejin said.

"You're not together? You guys just hugged and I saw the kiss you gave Jaejin." Hongki said and Suzy blushed.

"Yes we're together because we are going to start to date but no we're not because we still need to know more about each other." Jaejin nodded in understanding and was very much relieved. But Hongki was really confused.

"You mean you're together and you're not not together?" I'm confused.

"Let's just say that I like him but I want to know more about him and if I'll like what he's going to show me after this, we will finally be really, really together." Suzy said.

"I'm still confused." Hongki said.

"Oppa, I like Jaejin oppa and we're going to start to date but he's still not yet my boyfriend. He's still on the wooing stage but he's the only I'll date." Suzy explained.

Clearly Hongki is still confused but as for Jaejin, it's more than enough.

 

A/N: Finally i was able to update. I'm so sorry if Jaejin's story is quite short. Let's just say this is their beginning. Their journey is just starting. I'm really having a hard time formulating stories right now. I still don't know who my next couple will be. Any suggestions?"

Hope you guys like this chapter. I know the ending is confusing but I think it would be too soon for Jaejin and Suzy to be together just yet. Their just starting to get to know each other and I don't think it's enough for Suzy to become Jaejin's girlfriend so they're taking it slow. Let's just say they have a mutual understanding.

Please give out your comments in this chapter. I would really appreciate it. Thanks to all who subscribed. Please do give suggestions who the next couple will be. But please do know that Hongki will still come on last. I would also like to remind that this story is about the FNC boys i.e. FTIsland, CNBlue and Wonbin.