Yonghwa - Part 2

Playing Cupids

 

“Jaejin? You really mean that the mystery person is Lee Jaejin?” Jonghyun can’t seem to understand Hongki’s plan. Sure Jaejin is handsome, talented and a 91 liner, but what’s so special with Jaejin that he can make Yonghwa so jealous that he’d throw his convictions just like that?

“Guy’s,” Hongki said while putting his arm around the younger man’s shoulder, “meet Wang Sa Baek.”

Jaejin was surprised with Hongki’s actions. “Yah hyung! What’s with calling me Sa Baek all of a sudden? Are you finally acknowledging my acting talents?”

“Just be quiet,” Hongki ordered Jaejin. “Jaejin-ah can you please tell this guys who among SNSD are  you close with?”

“Easy, Sooyoung noona, Yuri noona...” Jaejin said but Hongki thinking he was done started to say, “See guys I told you he knows some members of SN...”

“...and Joohyun.” Jaejin said finishing his enumeration.

With this last name that he mentioned it was Hongki who was shocked with what Jaejin said. He knows that Sooyoung and Yuri were close to Jaejin because they were co-stars in the drama Unstoppable Marriage where his character where the object of affection of the two SNSD members but he didn’t know that Jaejin and Seohyun were also close. “What did you just say? You’re also close to Seohyun?”

“Yes.”

“How close?” Jonghyun asked.

“Very close.”

Jungshin can’t seem to believe what he just heard. Seohyun being close to a guy other that his hyung? “Closer than what Yonghwa hyung and hyungsoonim?”

“I don’t know about that but we’re really close like siblings.” Jaejin answered as a matter of fact.

“How come I didn’t know that you two were close?” Asked Hongki.

“Because hyung, according to your own words, you tend to be clueless to things around you especially if it doesn’t concern you. When I was shooting the drama Yuri noona and Sooyoung noona would usually bring Joohyun. Since we are from the same year, we became friends. Actually we have similar tastes and beliefs. We just clicked.”

The information that Jaejin shared still can’t convince Jonghyun. “But why is it that you guys don’t show it to anyone that you’re close? When FT Island and SNSD are in the same show, you guys tend to act like you don’t know each other.”

“About that,” Jaejin paused and his friends sees that he’s quite conflicted, shaking his head as if he would regret telling them Jaejin continued, “Me, noonas and Joohyun decided to act like that in front of everybody.”

Minhyuk who seems to be recovering from the shock of Jaejin’s news asked “Why would you do that?”

“Because we know that what we share is special and we don’t want the media to feast on our relationship. We didn’t mean to hide it from you hyung, everyone in FT Island knows that I’m close to them even Wonbin hyung, you were just too oblivious to your surroundings. Minhwan is also quite close to them too.”

When Jaejin looked at his friends, all of them had their mouths open as if in shock. Hongki finally realized that Jaejin just became the perfect weapon, he smiled mischievously making Jaejin nervous. “Hongki hyung, what’s this about?”

“Jaejin-ah, have noticed something different with Yonghwa?”

Jaejin being smart as he is realized what this was all about. He looked at his friends one by one and suddenly he ran away from them as fast as he can. But Jungshin who has longer legs than him caught up with him in a matter of seconds and stopped him from his flight.

Hongki knew that Jaejin knows something and he won’t let him get away with it. “Jaejin-ah, be honest with me, do you know what Seohyun feels for Yonghwa hyung?”

Jaejin was really getting nervous. He can’t just tell him what Seohyun told him for she told him things about Yonghwa making Jaejin promise not to tell a soul. Then suddenly...

“Yah! Hongki, Jaejin, I’ve been looking for you guys. We need to practice now for our performance tonight. Come on let’s go and let’s not waste time.”

Jaejin sighed and thanked the heavens that Jonghyun hyung came at the right time.

“Guys, nice talking to you. Sorry but we need to practice now.” With that Jaejin left his friends in a hurry to avoid further interrogation.

“So you think you can get away that easily huh? Just wait, I will have you help us with our plan.” Hongki said to himself.

 

*************

 

A.N.: Guys sorry if these chapter is a bore. I need to stablish my characters. Jaejin is an important character in Yonghwa's love story and I needed to explain why he is the perfect weapon and why he hesitates. Hope you can bear with it for a while. Maybe a chapter or two is still needed until the YongSeo couple will make their appearance.