Yonghwa - Part 11 "PREPARATIONS"

Playing Cupids

 

It’s as if the god of luck was on their side. For some reason FT Island, CN Blue and SNSD will be having their free day on the same city in Japan on Jung Yonghwa’s birthday. The ever smart, capable cupids knew that they should make use of this once in a lifetime opportunity and decided to make plans for that golden day.

On the 19th of June around 9:00 pm five eager beautiful people were waiting for their chairman’s invitation for a certain video conference. At exactly 9:05 pm

“You’ve been invited by Chairman Hong to join the video conference. Will you accept?” Flashed on each of their laptop screen. All of them accepted

“Yah Lee Hongki! What’s the big idea of putting me and Jonghyun in this act? Can’t you choose a more suitable guy to like me instead?” Yoona started of the conversation.

“What? Do you honestly think that I would want to like you too? Hongki can’t you just be the one who has to like this witch instead?” Jonghyun retorted.

“Who are you calling a witch, jerk?” Yoona was really fuming mad. She really hates this guy. Of all people why him?

“Yah stop it both of you.  Yonghwa and Seohyun both thinks that Jonghyun likes Yoona sa you two just it up and shut up. We have lots of things to plan we have a very short time to do it.” Sooyoung was getting annoyed with this constant fight of Yoona and Jonghyun. She hates Hongki for pairing up the two but still they don’t have to fight all the time.

Hongki who was laughing quietly the whole time started to get serious upon realizing what Sooyoung said about the time being short. “Guys, Sooyoung is right. Just it up. I’m sorry for doing this to both of you but at least now hyung and Seohyun are willing to get you two together and thus we have the opportunity for the two of them to meet again. Now let’s get down to business.”

It was agreed upon that they will make a surprise party for Yonghwa on that day. It will serve a two purpose, one is as a surprise party and second as an opportunity to make Jonghyun closer to Yoona which gave more goosebumps to the two. Jaejin will tell Seohyun about the plan so that Seohyun and Sooyoung will convince the other members of SNSD to help in their project. Supposedly Yoona will only know about the surprise party but the rest of SNSD will know the 2nd reason as well.

Jungshin will have to distract Yonghwa that day with the help of Jonghoon, Minhwan & Seunghyun. Jonghoon will ask “Yonghwa to join him make a band within FTI and CNB just for fun. They know that Yonghwa’s a er for jamming sessions.  The rest, Hongki, Minhyuk, Jaejin and Jonghyun will prepare the venue and decorations while SNSD will prepare the food.

On that day, step three and four will be implemented. Jaejin will have to show Yonghwa what kind of relationship he and Seohyun really has. Just their normal closeness will make him jealous they thought for the two of them are really close. Also on that day Jonghyun is supposed to act head over heels in love with Yoona and Yoona will also have to act as if she’s showing genuine interest on him too so that they can still use that plan in the future.

While they were still conferencing, Jaejin started with his part and texted Seohyun. Seohyun was a bit apprehensive at start. She didn’t thought that she and Yonghwa would be meeting this soon and on his birthday too. She told Jaejin how mixed up she is with the plan. She really wants to help Jonghyun but she’s a bit scared to see Yonghwa again. “I think I’ll cry if I see him.” She told Jaejin. Jaejin assured her that he will be beside her all the time on that night. “You trust me right? You know I won’t let anything bad happen to you.” He assured his friend.

In the end Seohyun was convinced and promised Jaejin to help. She knew she needs to talk to Sooyoung but Sooyoung was nowhere to be found and also Yoona mysteriously disappeared too. Unknown to her that Sooyoung and Yoona were having a conference with Jaejin that time and knows everything that she and Jaejin talked about. Sooyoung then texted the younger girl telling her that Jaejin also talked to her. She told Seohyun that right now is the best time to talk to the others to help them since she’s with Yoona right now. She told her that she should tell the “other” reason for the party.

After a while Seohyun called Sooyoung telling her that everyone’s willing to help and that everyone’s squeeling when they knew about Jonghyun’s ‘feelings’ for Yoona making Yoona almost gag.

While Jaejin was doing his part, the other boys also started with their own roles. Hongki texted Jonghoon about the surprise party for Yonghwa and their supposed roles. The leader of FTIsalnd automatically agreed for he too wants to jam with Yonghwa and Jungshin. Jungshin at the time surfed the net to look where they can buy decorations. Jonghyun started to surf the net and reserved the venue for the party. Yoona at the same time was surfing the net for recipe’s that they will cook on that day. Everybody was busy doing their part and by the time the clock midnight, they have finished with their planning and everything is set into motion.

 

On the day of the surprise party, Jonghoon , Minhwan and Seunghyun went to the hotel where the CNB boys are staying.

“Hyung! Happy birthday!” Greeted the handsome leader of FTI. We have a birthday gift for you.

“Really? What’s that?” Yonghwa said.

“We booked a studio for the whole day and we can use it all we want. We want FTI and CNB to jam. We haven’t done that and since we are all free today, let’s do it.” Seunghyun said with the brightest smile on his face.

“Where are the rest? Where’s Hongki and Minhwan?”

“They’re still at the hotel. Hongki’s not in the mood and you know him and his mood swings. Jaejin on the other hand has stomach crumps. I think he ate too much chicken last night.” Seunghyun informed Yonghwa.

“That’s what he gets for eating my precious fried chicken.” Said Minhwan laughing.

“That’s a pity. I’ll just tell the others about it.”

When Yonghwa went inside Jonghyun’s room he found Jonghyun lying on the bed looking sick and Minhyuk sitting by his bedside.

“Are you alright?”

“Hyung I’m not feeling good.”

What a drag. Jonghoon’s here and he told me that they have booked a studio where we can jam the whole day.

“Really?  I’ll go.” When Jonghyun tried to get up but he fell on the bed since he was too weak.

“Yah! Are you stupid? I’ll just cancel it out. I’ll tell Jonghoon I can’t go.”

“No hyung, you go. I’ll take care of him. It’s your birthday. Enjoy this day. Since Minhwan’s with them I can just stay here and you can still form a full band.” Said Minhyuk giving Yonghwa his best eye smile.

“Are you sure you can take care of him? He needs to get well asap, we have schedules tomorrow.” Yonghwa said.

“Don’t worry hyung. I’ll take care of him. Just go and enjoy this day. Happy birthday hyung. I’ll just go out and get some ice.” Minhyuk then went out of Jonghyuns room.

“Are you sure you’re gonna be alright?” Yonghwa knew Jonghyun doesn’t really get sick easily that’s why he was so worried.

“I just need to rest. I promise I’ll be alright by tomorrows schedule. Just go and enjoy. Okay? Don’t make me feel guilty for ruining your day.” The lead guitarist said.

“Fine then Jungshin and I will go.”

With that Yonghwa left the room and got ready to leave. As soon as Yonghwa’s group left the hotel, Jonghyun and Minhyuk got out of the Jonghyun’s room and dialled Hongki’s number. “Hongkiya, they just left.... Yes... We will be there in 30 minutes...” With that the two boys also left the hotel room and went to the party’s venue.

 

On the SNSD’s condotel, the girls were busy cooking the food for the nights party. “Yah Yoona you should look pretty tonight.” Said the leader of the group.

“And why is that unnie?” Asked the pretty girl.

“Just saying. Maybe you’ll meet your destiny tonight.” Taeyeon said while the others giggled. Yoona on the other hand looked at Sooyoung pleadingly as if asking her friend to make them stop. Sooyoung just shrugged.

Tiffany then saw their maknae who was silent the whole time. “I think Yoona’s not the only one who should look hot tonight.” Giving the others a knowing look and looked at their maknae.

“I think all of us should look hot tonight. Imagine there will be nine boys, and nine girls. We should pair up.” Said Yuri while getting shoves from the others. She then went to where the youngest girl was sitting while cutting vegetables.

“Hyunnie do you need help with that?” Asked the older girl. Seohyun then looked at her unnie and smiled. “No unnie I’m fine.”

“Are you okay? Are you sure you’re ready to face him tonight?”

“What do you mean by that unnie?”

“I mean, it’s been three months since you two met. Are you sure you’d be fine?”

“I guess so. Jaejin also promised me that he won’t let anything bad happen to me tonight.”

“Did you buy him his gift?”

Seohyun just smiled to her unnie and continued on her work.

 

As planned, the girls will join the boys two hours before the party. They will help the boys prepare the place and at the same time give Jonghyun and Yoona some time.

“Yah! Don’t sulk. You need to act as if you really like me.” Yoona said to the frowning boy.

“It’s not that easy to act in-love with someone you hate you know.” Jonghyun said.

Then Sooyoung saw the two and realized that Seohyun was looking at them. She made her way towards the two and said “You two better get your act together. Seohyun is looking here and don’t make her caught you.”

Jonghyun realizing Sooyoung’s words took a deep breath and smiled at the other girl.

Yoona was caught off guard with his smile. It was her first time seeing his dimples and smile. She decided that she won’t lose this battle. She also took a deep breath and flashed his her killer smile. He too was caught off guard and Yoona seeing this gave him one triumphant smile. To Sooyoung who was looking at the two it seems the game just turned into something new, something like “Let’s see who among us will first fall” game. With that he left the two and joined the others who were busy preparing for the party.

Jaejin then took pity of his friend. He saw how restless she was, how she checks her watch almost every five minutes and looks at the door. He knew she’s very nervous so he went to her. “Hey, want to help me with these decorations?”

Seohyun smiled at her friend. She knew he knows how nervous she must have felt and knows that he’s doing this to distract her. She happily obliged and helped Jaejin.

After two hours of preparing Hongki then received a text message. After reading his phone he the shouted “Everyone! They will be here in 10 minutes. Places everyone!” With that, everyone ran to their places and Minhyuk went to turn off the lights. Seohyun and Jaejin were at the farthest left of the group. Seohyun suddenly panicked. “Jaejin, I can’t do this. I can’t be here. I can’t meet him now. I’m going.”

Jaejin saw how scared his friend was. He then hugged her to try to calm her down then suddenly the lights were and everybody shouted “Happy birthday Yonghwa!” Jaejin then looked where the birthday celebrant was and there he was staring at him hugging Seohyun.

 

***************************************

A/N: Guys sorry for the delay. My internet connection is messed up. I can’t seem to have a descent connection lately. Hope you like this chapter. Thanks to all subscribers and for all those who commented. Subscribe and Comment!!! Inspire me to write!!! Hehehehe. Big thanks to everyone!!!