Yonghwa - Part 12 "THE PARTY"

Playing Cupids

 

“Happy birthday Yonghwa!” Everybody shouted. Yonghwa was so surprised and realized that aside from FT Island and CN Blue, SNSD was also present. His heart began to throb furiously knowing that she will be here too. He scanned the room then what he saw made him wish he shouldn’t have sought for her for he saw her being hugged by a good friend of his. He and Jaejin stared at each other. Yonghwa being blinded by jealousy didn’t notice the fear in Jaejin’s eyes.  All he saw was that Jaejin is hugging Seohyun.

Fortunately everybody went towards him to greet him and he lost sight of the two. He knew he needed to pretend that everything’s ok. He smiled and thanked everyone. But unknown to him, five pairs of eyes were watching his every movements and saw what transpired.  Hongki shot Jaejin a questioning look as if asking “What the hell are you doing?” Sooyoung on the other hand realized that there must be something wrong that caused Jaejin to do such thing so she went towards the two.

“What’s happening here? Hyunnie, are you ok?” She asked the younger girl.

Seohyun then slowly disentangle herself from Jaejin and looked at her unnie with teary eyes. “Unnie, I don’t think I can face him just yet. I don’t know how to act in front of him. I think I’ll cry if he again looks at me with those piercing eyes. I want to go home.”

“You know you can’t do that. At least stay for a while. Give him your gift first. Greet him a happy birthday. You need to do this. It’s for your own good. You need to know what you really feel for him. You should now come in terms with your feelings.”

Jaejin squeezed Seohyun’s shoulders. “Come on, I’ll go with you. I promise I won’t leave you unless you want me too.”

Seohyun was so thankful to have wonderful friends. She realized her unnie is right and Jaejin will protect her. So she nodded to her friend and they both went towards the birthday celebrant. When they were about to reach him Seohyun turned around and faced Jaejin, “Can I go to him by myself?”

“Are you sure you’d be ok?”

“Yes. I want to talk to him for a bit. It would be more awkward if you will join us.”

Jaejin smiled at his friend. “I understand. I’ll just join the others but don’t worry I won’t be far.” He then left her and joined the others.

Yonghwa was still trying to control his feelings. He knew that it’s inevitable for them to meet and just like that he heard her calling him.

“Oppa.” He turned around and finally they were face to face.

“Happy birthday oppa.” She then handed him her gift. “This is something I made a long time ago. I didn’t know if I would be able to give it you. I planned to send it you by mail but it’s a good thing they invited us today so I can give it to you personally.”

“What could it be? You really made it? You didn’t buy it?”

“I made it with my own bare hands.” Then they both turned silent. They looked at each other’s eyes as if looking for answers to unspoken questions. “Hyun, would like to join me there? I really want to talk to you?”

“Sure oppa. I would love too.”

The two then went to a more secluded place. They saw that everyone was enjoying themselves. The girls were mingling with the boys and vice versa. Hongki was keeping the party alive by having parlor games which made the three groups more closer. As Yonghwa and Seohyun sat on one of the tables, Seohyun began the conversation. “Oppa is it true that Jonghyun oppa really likes Yoona unnie?”

“I think so. He even asked help from Hongki and Jaejin to get closer to her. He even asked me to help.”

“I think they would make a good couple. But something is off with them. Look at them, it’s as if they’re being sarcastic with each other but you can’t deny that they enjoy each other’s company.” Seohyun said while observing the couple.

“I know. It’s a good thing he overcame his obsessions with guitars. I know he’d be a good boyfriend. If he will take care of Yoona the way he takes care of his guitars, for sure, she’d live like a princess.”

With that the two smiled while looking at their friends.

“Oppa can I ask you a question?” Yonghwa nodded while looking at his shoes. He can’t seem to look at her.

“Did I do something wrong?” Yonghwa then looked at her. “What do you mean Hyun?”

“I mean, did I do something that made you hate me?”

“What? Who told you I hate you?” Yonghwa can’t seem to understand her. Why is she asking this?

“You know, I thought what we shared then was special. I know it was just a show but I didn’t think that everything we did was just for the show.” Yonghwa began to understand and tried to explain, “Hyun...”

“You know oppa, I waited for you. I was waiting for your call or even a text message but as soon as we parted in the show it was as if your goodbye was really goodbye. You stopped all communications with me. Maybe I should’ve done it first but I thought maybe you were just busy since you’ve launched an album and promotions will take most your time. But after two months of nothing, I asked myself, did I do something wrong? Did I oppa?”

Yonghwa was lost for words. He doesn’t know how to answer her. He knows he was the one who was wrong.

“When you cut all communications with me it was as if I lost a very precious part of me. I lost my bestfriend. You know you’re one of the few guys I’m close with.”

Yonghwa then looked at Seohyun. “I’m sorry. I know I shouldn’t have done that. You did not do anything wrong. Let’s just say I was just being stupid all these time. I was missing you the whole time but outside the show, I didn’t know if I still have the right to call you. “

“But we were friends oppa.”

“Friends.” Yonghwa repeated. He knew he doesn’t want to be mere friends with her. He wants more but he’s scared, scared to ruin his and her career. “Speaking of friends, I didn’t know that you and Jaejin were friends.”

“Jiinnie and I have been friends for a long time. He was one of the first friends I made in this business. We promised to keep it secret for we don’t want the media the feast on it. It’s too special to be tainted by gossip and lies. We thought it would be more sincere if we just keep it to ourselves.” Yonghwa noticed that when she talked about Jaejin her aura changed. It became serene. “I’m sorry for not telling you oppa. I was planning to tell you after the show for I too planned to do the same with us but unfortunately I didn’t have anything to keep at all.” Seohyun then knew she would cry again and looked around for Jaejin. She needs his help. Jaejin then saw her SOS signal and hurriedly went to her side.

“Hyung happy birthday. I really hope that you’d be happy today.” Jaejin greeted his friend. Yonghwa stared at him for the longest time. He smiled at him and thanked him. Then Jaejin sat down on one of the empty chairs and said, “Hyung since the three of us are here now, what do you think we should do about those two?” Jaejin pointed to Jonghyun and Yoona trying to change the subject.

The three of them talked about what to do. Yonghwa noticed that Seohyun was excited to play cupid to their friends and he knew it will give him more chances to meet her. Then all of a sudden Hongki called out their attention.

“Everybody, it’s time to sing the songs of the other groups. I have here three hats. The pink one will be the hat for SNSD, the blue one for CNBlue and the yellow one for FTIsland. In each hat contains the name of the two other group aside from your group. A representative will pick the name then the group chosen will choose one of their songs for you to sing. Did you understand my instructions?”

“Not really. ” Everybody shouted then all of them laughed.

“OK fine, let me do this first.” Hongki said. “Better pay attention. This yellow hat contains two names, CNBlue and SNSD. Now I will pick one name.” He picked a paper and opened it and showed the paper to others. “CNBlue. Now CNBlue will tell me their song they would want me to sing.”

“Love Light.” Shouted Jungshin.

“Yeah!” Shouted every member of SNSD except for Seohyun. The three who were planning how to help Yoona and Jonghyun suddenly stopped with their conversation and Jaejin sensed that the atmosphere turned awkward. He then remembered that it’s one song Yonghwa wrote for Seohyun.

“Yah Jaejin!” Called Hongki. “Come here and join me. You sing Jonghyun’s part, I’ll sing hyung’s part.”

Jaejin then looked at the two and left them. He knew Hongki’s up to something again. As soon as he joined Hongki, Hongki gave him the instructions and Jaejin can’t help but smile with his hyung’s plan. Jonghoon then started the intro of the song. As soon as Jaejin started with the first verse. He then stood up and went to Yoona and Jonghyun. At the part where it says “dugeun dugeun” he took Yoona’s hands and put it to Jonghyun’s heart. Everybody went wild. Everybody was shouting. SNSD were squeeling while the boys were hooting. Right before the second verse, Jaejin then took Jonghyun’s hands and had it hold Yoona’s hand and pointed the mic to him signalling him to sing the second verse and at the same time whispered to Jonghyun, “don’t even think of refusing, this is part of your act according to Hongki hyung.” Jonghyun then held Yoona’s hand much to the surprise of the girl and he then looked at her eyes and sang.

Everybody was shouting again. Everyone’s giggling.

While Jonghyun was singing, Hongki then made his way towards Yonghwa and Seohyun. As soon as Jonghyun ended the second verse, Hongki then kneeled in front of Seohyun and offered her his hand. Yonghwa was smiling inwardly thinking Seohyun won’t just give her hand to Hongki but much to his surprise Seohyun did give her hand to Hongki and smiled at him.

Hongki then rapped and sang Yonghwa’s part, giving Yonghwa knowing looks. Hongki then got up and led Seohyun to the middle of the hall, then he left her there and went to Jaejin dragging him to where Seohyun was. Much to Yonghwa’s surprise, Seohyun didn’t show any awkwardness when Hongki signalled Jaejin to dance with her. “But hyung I don’t know how to dance.” Jaejin cried out. “Don’t worry just follow me.” Seohyun said.

Just then Junghshin came to Yonghwa’s side, “She’s really pretty huh? I guess Jaejin’s a lucky guy  coz he can just dance with her anytime he wants. Look at her, no sign of awkwardness.” True to Jungshin’s words, Seohyun seems to enjoy every bit of her funny dance with Jaejin. Seohyun who was ever so graceful was dancing with a boy with two left feet. Everyone was laughing. No one was surprised at what they were seeing since all of them knew how close those two really are, well that is except for Yonghwa who was misinterpreting everything about Seohyun and Jaejin.

Just then it was SNSD’s turn to pick a name from their hat. Hyoyeon represented them and took out the name FTIsland. Just then Minhwan shouted “Sing First Kiss.” Taeyeon then went to the stage. Jonghyun stood up and got his guitar. Much to everybody’s surprise, Jungshin picked up his bass and Minhwan went to the drumset.  Everybody gave them a loud cheer. Jonghyun started to play the intro.

Just then Jonghoon went to Yuri and asked her to dance. Hongki on the other hand went beside Yonghwa. “You know you want to dance with her. It’s your birthday hyung. Just go for it.”

“You don’t know what you’re talking about.”

“Oh yes I do. I saw the look you gave Jaejin when he danced with her. If looks can kill you would’ve murdered the poor boy in the middle of the dancefloor.”

“Was I that obvious?”

“Yes. You were.”

Then got hold of Yonghwa’s hands and forcefully dragged him where Seohyun was sitting. Hongki then realized that Yonghwa caught his tongue so he gave pity to his friend. “Seohyun, will you dance with our birthday boy here?” Seohyun blushed a little then smiled at him. Oh how Yonghwa missed that smile. “Yes of course. Oppa, shall we dance?”

As the two went to join Jonghoon and Yuri, Hongki then went to the stage and sang with Taeyeon. It was the perfect song. Jaejin asked to Sooyoung to dance. Minhwan danced with Hyoyeon and Seunghyun asked Sunny to join him.

While dancing Yonghwa can’t help but look at Seohyun. The two just stared at each other’s eyes. “Oppa are you happy?”

“Why did you ask?”

“It’s just that earlier I thought I saw sadness in your eyes? Something’s bothering you?”

“It’s you who’s bothering me. Why can’t I just tell you what I really feel? Do you feel the same way too? Can we be together? Are you together with Jaejin?”  These were the questions he’d like to ask her but he just smiled and said, “No don’t mind me. Maybe I’m just a bit tired. But I’m really happy that you’re here celebrating my birthday with me.”

“Yah oppa, you’re being cheesy again.” Then the two danced again. It was so romantic and they can’t seem to get their eyes of each other. Then Yonghwa dropped his eyes and looked at her lips. Seohyun then got a bit conscious and bit her lower lip. He slowly descended his lips towards her and just when he’s about to kiss her, the song ended. Seohyun looked at him. He too looked at her then, she smiled and quickly gave him a peck on his lips and said “Happy birthday oppa” and as quickly as she had kissed him she left.

Yonghwa was left on the dance floor staring at her. If Jonghoon haven’t bumped into him he would’ve stayed like that for God knows how long. As he was going back to his seat, he can’t seem to focus. He wasn’t really sure if it did happen so he looked at her then when their eyes met, she blushed and looked away, he thought “It’s true. She really did kiss me.” He smiled then and laughed out loud making the others very surprised. “Anything funny hyung?” Asked Jonghyun. Yonghwa then smiled at his friend and gave him a big hug.

Then they heard Hongki calling Mihyuk. “Since FT Island picked CN Blue and SNSD picked FT Island, I think it would be just right for you guys to sing a song from SNSD.”

This got a loud cheer from SNSD and FT Island. Yonghwa then looked at his friend and Hongki said “Can I call all member of CNBlue to please join me here in front?”

The rest of the boys then joined Hongki. Then Tiffany shouted, “Sing Tell Me Your Wish!” Then Jessica ran up to the DJ and gave him the minus one to the song. “We would also want to request FTIsland to sing with CNBlue. Since 5+4=9, it will be very perfect. And don’t even think of getting out of this, you guys owe us this much for cooking for this party.”

The boys knew she has a point and much to everyone’s joy all boys were in front and assigned each member their roles.

Seohyun – Yonghwa

Taeyeon – Hongki

Yoona  - Jonghyun

Sooyoung – Jungshin

Sunny – Minhwan

Tiffany – Minhyuk

Jessica – Jaejin

Yuri – Jonghoon

Hyoyeon – Seunghyun

 

The girls shouted as soon as the music started. The boys sang and danced all over the place. By the middle of the song the girls took pity with the boys and joined them. Everyone had fun. All in all Yonghwa had the best birthday that day.

They partied until midnight. Everyone left with smiles on their faces. Just when SNSD was leaving,

“Hyun!”

“Oppa.”

“I’ll call you okay?”

“Sure oppa.” Seohyun was so happy with that simple phrase.

“We need to do something about Jonghyun and Yoona.”

“Ow. I see. Okay.” Then she lost her smile and left.

 

AN:

Sorry for the late update. I can't seem to compose what I want to say. So many ideas... Hope you'd still like this chapter. At least there's progess... Hope you guys can comment. Don't worry, Yongseo's far from over. The pairing I did on this chapter is not the real pairing. It's just who the guys are singing whose parts. 

Hongki will have his own story line. I was thinking of a love triangle with ShinHye and Taeyeon. At least something started in this party for the two.