Yonghwa - Part 16

Playing Cupids

 

After a few times of trying to free herself from Yonghwa’s grasp, Seohyun finally gave up and decided to just follow him wherever he’s going. It’s a good thing she was wearing flats that day for she can’t seem to remember how long the two of them were walking. It was also fortunate that they have finished practicing late and the streets were almost empty.

After a few minutes of dragging Seohyun, Yonghwa felt that she stopped struggling. This made him walk slower and eventually they were walking side by side holding hands. Yonghwa has no idea where he’s taking her so he just held her hand and like in WGM days he  put their hands in his pocket.

After walking for almost half an hour Seohyun said “Oppa, I’m tired.” Yonghwa who was walking without any directions finally looked around and when he knew where they were he said, “Just a few more minutes and I’ll let you rest.” He then took her to a place that looks like a park. Seohyun remembered the movie Notting Hill for the place looks like the park where Hugh Grant took Julia Roberts. It was secluded and there was a sole bench in the middle of nature. They took a seat and marvelled at the view. The two didn’t talk. No one can seem to start out a descent conversation and this frustrates them both.  Then Seohyun’s phone rang.

“Hello? I’m fine Jaejin, We’re both fine... Tell unnie not to worry... I honestly don’t know where we are... Yes... Yes... I know... Please tell her to go home without me... I’ll be fine... I’ll call you when I get home my battery’s almost empty...Bye.” Seohyun then sighed. “Oppa, what just happened? Why did you suddenly drag me here? Please don’t confuse me anymore. I’m really tired.”

“Do you think I’m not confused too? Just a few days ago you kissed me. Knowing you, I know you won’t do that just to anybody unless you really really really like that person. That was the best birthday gift ever. Then tonight I saw you with Jaejin. I can’t seem to figure out what you two are. You said you were just best friends but the moment he texted another girl, you got mad at him. Then you ran after him when he got mad and on top of that you, you hugged him when you made up. What are you guys really?”

“What is it to you oppa? Why do you care? What I did with Jaejin has nothing to do with you, it’s none of your business. Why are you getting mad?”

“I’m just concern with what will other’s think about you hugging someone just like that.” Yonghwa said lamely.

“You? You were concerned? Why would you be?”

“Because I’m your friend, or at least I think I’m your friend.”

“We’re friends? Really? Is this really how you treat a friend?”

Yonghwa then looked at her questioningly.

“What am I really to you oppa? I really don’t know. Please enlighten me.”

“You’re my friend.”

“Am I really?”

“Of course you are. You’re a special friend. You’re a very important person to me. I know what you are to me, I don’t know what am I to you. One minute you kissed me then the next you’re hugging someone else.”

 “I know what my feelings are. I know who Jaejin is to me. I know where we begin and where we will end. I also know what I feel for you. It’s you who confuse me oppa. I thought what we shared in WGM was special. I thought after the show ends we would be able to at least still be friends. But what did you do oppa? You suddenly stopped and threw everything away. Yah sure you mentioned me on shows. You even said you’d choose me over Sulli and Taeyeon unnie. You even shouted you loved me on Star King. Did you just used me for publicity sake? Am I just that for you?

“At first I waited for you to call me. Then I thought maybe he’s just really busy with promotions and all. But no calls came, not even a text message saying “HI.”  I was really hurt oppa, it hurts more when you mention me on shows knowing in reality we don’t even talk. Is that how you treat someone special and important to you?”

Yonghwa can’t find the words to answer her question. He then faced her, looked at her lovely face and held her hand. He really really wants to tell her everything but something is holding him back. He’s scared that if he tells her everything he wants to say, he’d lose everything else. Seohyun was really hurt, he can tell that. If only he can turn back time but it’s too late now. He was such a stupid guy. Only one two words came out of his mouth, “I’m sorry.”

Seohyun also looked at him. She’s too hurt and confused to stop now. She decided that it’s now or never.

“Then you’re birthday came. I know you saw Jaejin hugging me when you came in. You know why we’re like that? Because I was panicking. I was ready to bolt but he did that to stop me from running away, to calm me down. Honestly when you were shooting murderous glances when I was dancing with him, I thought “I still have some effects on him” and that made me happy. Then when we danced, I saw the same Yonghwa who was with me on the show. I thought you were going to kiss me and was very disappointed that the song ended. That’s why I kissed you after the dance. I didn’t even thought I have it within me to do that. But I never regretted doing it.

“I was really happy when you told me you’d call me even if it’s just to plan up something for unnie and Jonghyun oppa. But did you call or even text me a simple message? You went MIA again.

”Oppa, everything I did on the show was real. Every gift, every thought, every smile, everything is real. Nothing was fake. I’m begging you please don’t confuse me anymore. Don’t make me hope again.”

Yonghwa stared at her. “I’m sorry Hyun. I’m really sorry for being stupid.” He then put her hand he was holding to touch his face. He just want to feel her touching him.

“Jung Yonghwa I like you. You’re the first person who made me feel this way.”

Yonghwa then froze. His brain stopped working. He again stared at the lovely girl who just told him she likes him. But his silence didn’t help at all. Seohyun felt really awkward and embarrassed for blurting out her feelings to him. She suddenly stood up, bowed to him and left.

After a few minutes of processing what just transpired, Yonghwa realized that Seohyun did really tell him she likes him. SHE REALLY LIKES HIM! HIS GODDESS REALLY LIKES HIM! But he’s being stupid again. He knew Seohyun took all her courage to confess to him and he just stared at her. STUPID STUPID STUPID YONGHWA!! He told himself. If only he can kick and punch himself. He then tried to follow her. He tried to call her phone then remembered earlier when she said her battery’s empty. It’s very late so he can’t really go to their apartment. He knew he needs to do something and he would need help.

 

Seohyun on the other hand can’t seem to understand what she just did. She just confessed to Jung Yonghwa and he’s being stupid again. He didn’t even say anything not even “thank you for liking me.” He just stared at her. He let her leave. He didn’t even ran after her. How can she face him now? Oh she hopes to God that she won’t see him in the near future. What is really going on with her lately? The other night she kissed him and now... now she told him she likes him... Stupid Seohyun.

 

Yonghwa then went back to their dorms. He found Jonghyun and Jungshin on the couch eating what seems to be a midnight snack.

“Hyung! What happened to you guys? Where did you go?” Jonghyun asked.

Yonghwa just looked at his friends and fell on the couch beside them. Junghin offered him some food but he said instead, “You know I’m really stupid. I’m the biggest fool in this world. How can I be this stupid? Why did my brain failed on me tonight of all night? Why am I so stupid? I was never like this. I don’t know why I became this stupid.”

“Stop calling yourself stupid hyung. What’s with this stupid talk? What really happened?” said Jungshin.

Yonghwa then stood up and faced his friends and said, “Seo Joohyun, the maknae of SNSD, my goddess, my hyun, by buin just told me tonight that she likes me.”

The two guys smiled at him. Both stood up and hugged their hyung. “Congratulations Hyung!” The two of them said then they also both realized that Yonghwa was not as happy as he should be, something is definitely not right. Jonghyun then recalled the stupid thingy, “What’s wrong hyung? Don’t tell me...What did you do?”

“That’s just it. I didn’t do anything. I just stared at her.”

“WHAT?” His two dongsaeng shouted. Minhyuk then came out of his room running, “What just happened? Is there an emergency? Oh hyung you’re here.” He said after he saw Yonghwa.

“Hyung! How can you be so stupid? Don’t you know how hard it is for a girl to confess her feelings to a guy and this is Seohyun we are talking about. You’re really really stupid!” Jonghyun was really getting mad.

“What happened? Why is hyung stupid? Seohyun confessed to who?” Asked the confused Minhyuk.

“Our hyung here, our charismatic leader just stared at Seohyun after she confessed to him that she likes him.” Jungshin told his friend.

“What? You’re stupid hyung? Why did you do that?” Asked Minhyuk.

“Don’t you think I know that? I know I’m stupid stupid stupid stupid stupid. Stupid Jung Yonghwa!”

Jungshin cannot take anything more of this stupidity and shouted “Stop with all this stupidity or else all of us will turn stupid.” That made everyone stopped.

“So what do you plan to do hyung? You know you have to do something to make up with this stupidity of yours.” Jonghyun finally said.

“I know. I already have an idea but I will need all the help I can get and we need to start today for tomorrow is Seohyun’s birthday. Where do you think we can get help at this time? It’s 2 am.”

“I’m on it hyung!” Jonghyun then went inside his room and the guys can hear him talking to someone on the phone. After a while he went of his room and said, “Let’s go guys. They’re meeting us at FNC in an hour.”

“Who did you call for help?” Asked Yonghwa.

“You’ll know when we get there.” Jonghyun said throwing Yonghwa his car keys.

On the way to FNC the boys kept on talking about Yonghwa’s stupidity. They knew he needs to do something big, something to make up for his months of stupidity. When they were nearing FNC Jonghyun then said, “Hyung better prepare yourself. You’re about to face the wrath of eight beautiful girls.”

Yonghwa was shocked to see all eight unnies of Seohyun standing in the lobby of FNC at 3 in the morning waiting for him. In addition to that he saw all members of FT Island to be there also. Hongki then signalled to Jonghyun and the two went to talk to each other.  Sunny just then walked over to Yonghwa, smiled at him but said “What did you just do to our maknae? All of us were waiting for her to get home and when she finally came, she looked like a lost puppy. WHAT DID YOU JUST DO TO HER?” She shouted.

All the boys looked at the small girl standing in front of the boy a head almost a head taller that her. Yonghwa gulped. He knew he needs to tell them what really happened and would need to suffer the wrath of all those girls there. So they decided to go to the biggest studio in the office. Once they were there Yonghwa told them what happened that night. When he was finished all girls attacked him, all have one thing in mind “KILL JUNG YONGHWA.”  It’s a good thing there were eight other boys in the room for each boy got to stop one girl who was planning to kill their friend. “I’m really sorry.” He said. “I know what I did was really stupid and I don’t plan to justify myself. I will accept all punishment from all of you but I will need your help first.”

“Why should we help you Jung Yonghwa? After you have hurt her countless times especially with what you did tonight.” Hyoyeon asked. She personally knows the pain the Seohyun went through for they were roommates. She hears her cry at night, see her waiting for his call and all other things she do when she misses him.

“Because I love her. I know I love her or else I won’t be this miserable.” Yonghwa told them.

“If you really love her, why did you hurt her this much? Why ignore her?” The ice queen asked.

“Because I thought she would distract me from my plans. I thought that I’m too busy that I don’t have time for myself much more have a girlfriend. I know that she likes me even when we were still filming, I knew that if I ask her to be my girlfriend she’d just say yes. But I won’t be able to give her the time she deserves. I thought I was doing her a favour when I let her go. I’m just a rookie in this business, I still have a long way to go, I don’t deserve her. She’s too special for a guy like me.” Yonghwa said trying to explain himself.

“Stupid Yonghwa! She chose you. Of all people who likes her she still chose you.” Tiffany can’t seem to control herself anymore. She’s really getting mad. She really wants to hit him.

“I know. I also know that I am the only one who can really make her happy. Please, I’m begging you to help me tell her what I just told you now. Help me tell her I love her and make it up to her.” He fell on his knees and beg them.

Yuri then got her phone and took a picture of Yonghwa then smiled at the poor boy. “This is proof of what just happened today. Try to even forget to say hi to her again and you will see this picture in the internet.”

“Finally, Jung Yonghwa, you’re brain is working properly. What do you want us to do?” Asked the cute leader of SNSD.