"Finally! A Confession!"

Playing Cupids

 

“How I wish someone would really serenade me like that?” Suzy said then turned away from everyone making them confused. Hongki then nudged Jaejin, “I think you should follow her.” Jaejin then silently followed her.

The group who was left behind tried to contain their excitement but Eunjung was worried. Something was off. She just hopes that Jaejin would be able to make things right.

Jaejin followed Suzy who decided to have a night stroll around the camp site. Jaejin breathed deeply and walked faster and caught up with Suzy. “You kissed me.” He blurted.

Suzy then smiled. “Was that too much for you oppa? I’m sorry for doing that. I acted like a fangirl. Did I offend you?”

“I was shocked to the core but no offense taken. Who would be offended if a beautiful girl kisses a boy?” Jaejin answered truthfully.

“That was really cheesy oppa. Is that how Yonghwa oppa taught you? To be cheesy?”

Jaejin can’t help but smile for it was the truth. “It may be cheesy but still it’s true.”

Jaejin and Suzy continued to walk in silence. Jaejin felt that something was odd. He just doesn’t know what is off but something is so he decided to just ask. “Is something wrong?”

Suzy then walked towards a bench and sat. Jaejin followed and sat beside her, waiting for her answer.

“What you did earlier reminded me of something. Do you know that JYP oppas and unnies are very protective of me?” Suzy asked.

“Yes, I do. It’s quite alarming. I’ve heard that they are very protective of you. Is it because you’re the maknae?”

“That and something else.”

“Something else?”

“You know oppa when I was still a trainee, a guy wooed me. He’s an artist too. He’s handsome and very talented. He really can sing. There were times when he’d sing on a stage and I’ll be at the audience and somehow he always looks at me. I was thinking then how it would feel to be serenaded. But it never happened. Tonight was the first time. I really liked it. Do that to her and you’ll get her for sure.”

Jaejin was happy with what Suzy said but he was really curious with the guy she was talking about. “So what happened to the guy?”

“Fell in love with him and we got together.”

“How old were you then?”

“I was just 14 and he’s a lot older.”

“How old?”

“A lot. Everyone was happy when we got together. I fell in love for the first time. I was in heaven for a while until the rumors started. They said he was dating this actress. I confronted him but he denied it. Since I loved him, I believed him. Then one day pictures started to circulate. It was a picture of him kissing her. Again, I confronted him about it, he said it was just shopped. Again, I believed him. But then something happened. Me and Min unnie went out shopping, then I saw him. We tried to get his attention but he was walking away fast so we ran after him. We saw him walk inside a hotel. We still followed him. Then I was about to call out to him, Min unnie stopped me. She said we should see where he is going. In short we became spies then. Thinking back, he was always checking if someone’s following him but we were careful. All the time I was getting nervous. Then he went towards a room and rang the bell. The door opened and I saw the actress came out of the room and threw herself to him. I was dumbfounded but Min unnie went straight to them and slapped him then and there. He was so shocked but the actress got really mad. When she was about to hit unnie, I found myself stopping her hand in mid-air. Until now, I don’t know how I got there. But I stopped her then I looked at him. Then I told him, “I don’t want to see your face ever again.” Then I walked away.”

Jaejin was getting mad at that guy who broke her heart. “So what happened next?” Jaejin managed to say.

“I was devastated. He was my first love. I almost gave myself to him. If I was a bit older when that happened, I might just have. It’s a good thing I didn’t but still I was devastated. My unnies were worried. I almost lost it. I didn’t eat and sleep. All I did was to stare into space. The oppas were mad also. Nickhun even tried to confront him but I stopped him. I almost lost my spot in Miss A. It took me months to recover.”

“How did you get over him?”

“President Park talked to me, he said I need to get things together or I won’t debut. My music is the only thing that makes me sane then and I can’t lose it too. So I asked help from my unnies and oppas. Slowly I recovered. And that’s the reason why they are so protective of me now.”

“Do you still have feelings for him now?”

“I’m numb when it comes to him. I don’t feel anything but that’s because until now we weren’t able to face each other.”

“But you said he’s an artist too and our world is just a small world. You don’t come across him at shows?”

Suzy then looked at him and thought hard, “You’re right oppa. Thinking about it, it’s really weird but I haven’t seen him since then.”

“I think I know why.” Jaejin said.

“Why? What do you mean?”

“Did you know that those oppas and unnies you have are tougher than the bodyguards of the Obama?”

Suzy can’t help but smile at his comment. “What?”

“I guess it’s now or never.” Jaejin said nervously making Suzy more confused.

“I like you Suzy. You’re the girl I like.” Jaejin finally said.

“What? I don’t understand oppa. Eunjung unnie said that I’m just like her.”

“You’re not just like her. You are her. I started liking you in Dream High. God knows how my bandmates started to hate the OST of your drama when I kept it playing continuously. They got so tired of it that they decided to help me get closer to you. They even get help from SNSD. They tried everything but your unnies and oppas were guarding you like a hawk. No one lets anybody get close to you. We even asked Jessica to help and somehow she did but still not that much.” By this time Jaejin had stood up and kept on walking back and forth in front of Suzy. He then looked at Suzy who has an unreadable expression. So he decided to continue.

“All this time Jonghoon hyung and Yonghwa hyung were coaching me on how to approach you. But you can see that they were a big failure so we asked Eunjung noona’s help by letting me talk to some of her girlfriends. Honestly I didn’t know what she was planning until the day I saw you in that cafe. If you can remember I acted stupidly that day. I was so shocked that I forgot everything the hyungs taught me and said everything wrong. Minhyuk and Jungshin were pitying me. But still you were so nice.

“The song I sang earlier to you, it was really for you. It’s what I really feel. I really like you Suzy I really do.” Jaejin finally said while looking at Suzy who was looking back at him.

Suzy then smiled. She too stood up. Put her hand in Jaejin’s arm and urged him to walk. Again Jaejin was shocked but he’s happy but he can’t be too happy because he still doesn’t know what will happen to them.

They walked in silence. At first it was very awkward but halfway to their camping ground, somehow they got comfortable. As soon as they reached the bonfire where only the 2 sets of lovers were left, Suzy let go of Jaejin’s arm and said, “To think I got jealous of myself. Now, that’s funny.” She then started laughing as she walked away from him.

Jaejin can’t help but smile at how cute Suzy was. He just stood there looking at her as she goes inside her tent. Just as she was about to go in, she looked back at him and said, “Good night oppa. Let’s talk tomorrow.” He just nodded and she gave him a very beautiful smile.

“What was that all about?” Jaejin turned around and saw Seohyun who has Yonghwa hugging her behind her. “Were you able to finally confess?” Yonghwa then asked who then had rested his chin in Seohyun’s shoulder.

Jaejin then nodded and Seohyun then took Yonghwa’s hands away from her and threw herself at her bestfriend. “I’m so proud of you! Are you two now together? How did you do it? Romantically or you just blurted it out? How? How? How? Tell me! Fast!”

Yonghwa then saw that Jaejin might die in his girlfriend’s hands. He saw Jaejin looking at him as if asking for his help so he took her hands away from him and soon Seohyun had turned all her excitement towards him.

“Thank you.” Yonghwa heard Jaejin say. Yonghwa just smiled and soon Seohyun quieted. “So what happened? Are you two finally together?” Yonghwa asked.

“Nope.” Jaejin said smiling

“Then what’s the score?” Yonghwa said.

“I’ll find out tomorrow.”

 

A/N:

Finally, he was able to confess. Sorry if the chapter's a bit messy. I wasn't able to proofread for my daughter needs the computer now.

EVERYONE THANK YOU FOR YOUR CONTINUED SUPPORT, FOR SUBSCRIBING AND READING! HAPPY VALENTINES!