Vol. 2 Chap. 10 "Jonghyun"

Playing Cupids

For weeks now Jonghyun had been trying to tell Yoona that what he feels for her is real, but for some mystical reasons, on days he would attempt to tell the truth something will happen that would make only make Yoona believe that everything is really just an act. For example, on one of his attempts to tell Yoona, he invited her over a romantic dinner. He made reservations to the most romantic restaurant in Seoul, bought her favourite flowers, rented a limousine as their ride and he even prepared a serenade just for her. Yoona was really impressed with the efforts he did, but as soon as they arrived at the restaurant, Jonghyun was surprised because tons of reporters were waiting for them to arrive. It so happens that one of the employees of the restaurant leaked their date. As soon as they were alone, Yoona smiled at him and said, “Daebak! Whose idea is this? This is one good way to prove to the world that we’re together. So who’s paying for all these? SM or FNC?”

It’s either someone in the industry will be present on the events he prepared, a reporter will appear or the stalker himself would make an appearance. After weeks of trying he realized he’s out of ideas and he badly needs help. He then decided to call the one person he knew would be able to help him, “Hongkiya, I need your help. Can we meet?”

 

One day Taeyeon was called into Lee Sooman’s office.

“Taeyeon, I have some great news for you. Since you girls have been working hard for the past few months, I’ve decided to give you girls a week vacation in a Villa in Busan. I have a friend there and he offered his Villa for you girls to use.”

Taeyeon can’t hide her happiness. She knew they badly need this vacation. It’s been hard on them for the past months with all their crazy schedules. A vacation the well deserve. It’s about time, she told herself. She bowed and thanked the president and hurriedly went home.

As soon as Taeyeon told the girls the news, SNSD’s dorm erupted with shrieks and shouts from nine famous girls. They were told that the Villa is by the beach and is highly secured. They were told to prepare their things for they will be leaving for Busan the coming day. The girls began preparing their things, everyone was busy doing their own thing.

“Oppa! I’m going to Busan tomorrow.” Seohyun said as soon as Yonghwa answered her call.

“Really? What are you girls doing there?”

“Mr. President gave us a week vacation in one private Villa.”

“That’s good. How I wish I can join you there.”

“Oppa, I wish you can come too. I will go visit ommonim once I got there.”

“She’d like that. Ahh, Hyun, I need to go. I need to do something. I miss you. I love you.”

“Love you too oppa.”

Yoona was watching Seohyun all the time she was talking to her boyfriend. She was asking herself if she should also inform Jonghyun of the vacation. She decided to tell him since he’s her ‘boyfriend’ and he should also be informed.

“Hon, is something wrong?” Jonghyun said as soon as he answered the call.

“Nothing, I’m fine.”

“That’s good. Why are you calling all of a sudden?”

“Ahh... it’s just that Lee Sooman gave us a week vacation in Busan.”

“That’s good. You girls need the break.” Yoona was a bit disappointed with Jonghyun’s lack of interest.

“I’m just telling you so that you’re informed not that it’s important but still you’re my ‘boyfriend’ so you need to know these things.”

Yoona heard Jonghyun sigh at the other end, “Ah okay. Thank you for telling me. Do you still have something else to say?” He asked impatiently.

“Not really. I’m hanging up now. Bye.”

“Bye.” Yoona heard Jonghyun hanged up. Lately something’s off with Jonghyun, Yoona thought. Up until last week he was so into the act that he prepared romantic events for her. But when the current week started Yoona felt as if Jonghyun started to distance himself. He’s not that touchy anymore, he would only kiss her cheeks now and somehow she felt disappointed. She shrugged off the feeling, she thought she’s starting to become a ert now.

The only thing girls didn’t like in the vacation was that they were suppose to be at the train station as early as 4 am but they decided not to let this tiny detail ruin their fun.

The next day SNSD woke up early and went to the train station. Since it was still very early, only a handful of people were there. They boarded the train peacefully and Seoyeon and Yoona were sitting together. Seohyun was either reading a book or texting Yonghwa. Yoona on the other hand had texted Jonghyun that they were leaving for Busan and his only reply was “Okay.” Somehow she’s getting irritated with his response to her texts lately. She didn’t like the ignorant Jonghyun one bit.

Arriving in Busan before 7 am, the girls realized was a good thing since there only a few commuters. They were able to ride the coaster that was waiting for them without any hassles. As soon as the coaster entered the Villa, the girl realized that it must be owned by a very wealthy person. The place was so beautiful. There were a lot of trees and a mini fountain in the middle of the place. They were gasping as they were entering the main house where they will be staying. Though it was very elegant it was also very inviting and comfy.

The girls decided to check out the beach as soon as they settled in. When they went out, they suddenly saw a group of boys playing Frisbee. They look familiar, too familiar until Seohyun shouted “Jaejin-ah! What are you guys doing here?”

Jaejin came running towards them followed by Jonghoon who was only wearing shorts. “Oh you girls have arrived?” Jaejin asked Seohyun.

The girls began surrounding the two boys. Hongki then came running towards them and joined them. “How do you like the place so far?” He asked the girls.

“Wait Lee Hongki,” Taeyeon said, “you mean you guys knew we were coming today?” The boys just nodded.

“When did you boys arrived here?” Yuri asked.

“We were here since 2 days ago.” Jonghoon who was looking so hot told Yuri with a wink.

“Why? Why are you here?” Tiffany asked.

“Oh I guess you still didn’t know, this villa, is actually owned by Jonghyun’s family.” Jaejin said with a smile.

“Jonghyun?” Yoona asked as soon as she heard the name.

“This villa is owned by Lee Jonghyun’s family, Lee Jonghyun of CNBlue.” Hongki said and as if on cue, Yonghwa suddenly hugged Seohyun from behind making her squeal.

All the girls looked at the lovers and decided to ignore them as soon as they started to cuddle. The rest of the boys except for Jonghyun who was still missing joined the girls.

“But where is he?” Yoona asked Minhyuk.

“Where is who noona?” Minhyuk asked.

“Jonghyun, where is he?” She said.

“Oh you mean Jonghyun hyung, he’s over there playing his guitar.” Minhyuk pointed to a person who was sitting on a white swing while playing with his guitar.

Yoona then left the group and went toward Jonghyun. As she was nearing the man she can hear the soft strums of his guitar. He was so peaceful to look at. Then Jonghyun saw her, put down his guitar and invited her to sit beside him on the swing. As if enchanted by the site of him she was still staring at him as she sat on the swing. Jonghyun can’t help but smile at her reaction, he put his arms around her shoulder and gave her a light kiss on her cheeks.

“How was your trip?” He asked.

“It was peaceful.” She said.

“How do you find your room?”

“It’s very pretty. Everything here is very pretty.” Yoona said still looking at him. “I didn’t know you’re rich.”

“I’m not. My parents are.”

“Hahahaha, funny. So you’re behind all of these huh?”

“You got that right.” He then smiled at her.

She smiled back, “Thank you.” She then rested her head on to his shoulders contentedly.

 

Yoona suddenly woke up and a bit disoriented. She found herself lying inside a very beautiful room and remembered that she’s in Jonghyun’s villa that time. The last thing she remembered was Jonghyun singing softly beside her while he was playing his guitar. She must’ve fallen asleep. Sooyoung and Yuri then entered the room and saw that she’s awake.

“So Sleeping Beauty’s finally awake.” Yuri said.

“How did I get here.” She asked.

“Jonghyun carried you here.” Sooyoung told her.

“Ah really? So it was like that.” Yoona said.

Sooyoung and Yuri looked at each other as if agreeing with something. Sooyoung then pulled a chair and sat in front of Yoona while Yuri settled sitting beside her on the bed.

“Yah! What are you guys doing?” Yoona asked the two older girls.

“Yoong, can we ask you something?” Sooyoung said and Yoona nodded. “What do you think about Jonghyun?”

“Jonghyun? Lee Jonghyun?” Yoona asked.

“Uh huh.” Sooyoung agreed.

“Well... he’s a good friend, no make that my best friend. Right now, he’s someone I know I can trust. He’s someone I enjoy spending time with.”

“But you hated him then right?” Yuri asked.

“Oh yes I really did.” Yoona laughed finding her last statement funny while the two girls just looked at her. “But now it’s different, the more I get to know him, the more I like the man. He’s not just a pretty face, he also has a good heart.” Yoona said thoughtfully.

“Then is it possible for you to fall in love with him?” Sooyoung asked.

“Yes, it’s very possible.” Yoona said.

“Are you in love with him now?” Yuri then asked.

Yoona thought about the question and how she would answer it. She look at the two girls who’s anticipating her answer. “I don’t know unnie. With the kind of relationship we have right now it’s hard to know what’s real from reel. We’re always pretending to be lovers, honestly there are lots of times I get confuse. But I’ve decided to just enjoy everything while it lasts.” Yoona said.

“We just don’t want you to get hurt in the end.” Sooyoung said as she held Yoona’s hands. “Know what you really feel okay?” Yoona just nodded.

 

That night after SNSD had their supper, Yoona received a text message from Jonghyun, “I’m here by the swing, I’ll wait for you here.” Yoona smiled while reading the message, she went inside her room, took a scarf, wrapped it around her and walked outside the villa. Soon she was walking towards Jonghyun who’s back was facing her. Yoona saw what he was looking at and gasp. Jonghyun heard her and invited her to sit beside him.

“It’s so beautiful!” Yoona said as soon as she sat beside Jonghyun. The moon was full that night brightly casts it’s reflection in the water. The moon was the only source of light but they can see each other perfectly.

“Would you like to join me for a stroll along the beach?” Jonghyun asked as he offered his hand.

“Of course I do.” Yoona then smiled and took his hand.

“Yoona I need to tell you something and I want you to listen to me.” Jonghyun said while they were walking along the beach. Yoona stopped on her tracks and faced him.

“Okay. Shoot!”

“Yoona I like you. I’ve stopped pretending a long time ago.”

“Are you sure? Do you really like me?”

“I do.”

“Maybe you think you like me since we’ve been acting out as lovers for a long time now.. We share kisses, hugs and intimate moments. Maybe your judgment is clouded by those instances.”

“No, I know myself. I know I truly like you. Yoona, I’m not that good of a man to help just any beautiful damsel in distress. I won’t risk my neck for someone I don’t like. I agreed for this relationship to be made public because I want people to know that you’re mine. It started as an act but the more I know you, the more I’m liking what I see. I don’t want to be just a pretend boyfriend. I want us to be real. Everytime I start to kiss you, I never want to stop. Holding your hand like this, makes me forget all my problems. With just one smile from you I get inspired to write songs. With just one “hi” from you through text completes my day. I love you Yoona and that's the real truth.

Yoona then pulled her hand away from Jonghyun. Tears begin to fall from her eyes.

"Do you still hate me after all these time?" Jonghyun asked when he saw her crying.

" I don't hate you and you know that." Jonghyun's sigh of relief was loud enough to make Yoona smile.

"Then why the tears?" Jonghyun said as he wipes away the tears from her cheeks.

"Honestly I'm not sure." Yoona said laughing a little.

"Tell me what you feel right now. Do you like me?"

"Of course I do. I will even admit that you're very special to me."

"Then why are you hesitating to accept me?"

"Because I still don't know if what you feel is real. Because I am also very confused with what I feel."

"What more do you want me to do to prove to you I love you?"

"Maybe give me more time to think about things? I want to think about this carefully. Honestly, I really want to believe you. A big part of me wants to make us real. But I need time and space. I need to be free from your presence, to make me know how much your absence will affect me. Can you give me that?"

Jonghyun held Yoona's hand and kissed it. "I will give you the time to think but only until the end of this vacation. If you can still not believe me in the end, I will cut everything that ties us together, even our pretend relationship."

"But why cut our pretend relationship too? Is it because you'd hate me that much for rejecting you that you don't want to see me?"

"No, don't ever think that. You rejecting me won't change what I feel for you. I will still protect you. I'm still willing to give my life for you. I just want you to be free from any obligations that will hinder you from finding the person you truly love. I'm willing to let you go if that's the path that will make you happier."

Yoona's tears began to fall again, Jonghyun knew he needs to let go of her while he still can. He then let go of her hand and left. Yoona fell on her knees and began to cry uncontrollably. She never felt so alone in her life.

 

************************************

A/N: Sorry friends for the delay of this chapter. I was tired and a bit sick when I arrived home yesterday. I like this chapter for it is full of honesty. Hope you will like it too. Next chapter my favorite cupid will make a big impact. I'm so proud of him and Heechul for winning on Immortal Song 2 yesterday.

Thank you to all who commented and subscribed. So far I've reached 8000 views and has 69 subscribers. Woooohoooooo!!! Please comment still and subscribe.