Volume 3 Chapter 9 "Jonghoon"

Playing Cupids

 

"CONFESSIONS PART 2 (And One Complication)"

 

Yuri for the last time checked her appearance in the mirror. She gathered all the courage that she can muster and decided that she'll tell Jonghoon her real feelings if he will still insist on knowing what he is to her. After taking one big deep breath, she left the restroom and walked towards their table. She saw the silly smile on his face earlier and she thought he'd find him smiling like that still. But she was wrong, he was scowling when she joined him at their table.

"Anything wrong? Did something happen while I was gone?" She asked him.

Jonghoon looked at her for one full minute then sighed. "Really? You really dated him? Why didn't I know this?" He began to ask.

Yuri was getting confused. She can't understand the sudden change of his mood. "Who are we talking about?" She asked.

Jonghoon then showed her the paper and pointed at the name. "You dated him? When?" It's like he's in pain when he asked the question and Yuri looked at the name then began to laugh. "Yes I dated him. You can even give him a call and ask him yourself." she told him.

Jonghoon took out his phone and pressed the number four and his phone is dialing. Yuri smiled at him and said, "Really his four in your speed dial?" Jonghoon just ignored her but pressed the loud speaker button."

"Yah! I thought you're on a date? Why are you calling me?" A voice from the other line said.

"You have some explaining to do Lee Hongki." Jonghoon said angrily.

"What did I do now?" His bestfriend said on the other line.

"Why didn't you tell me that you and Yuri dated before?" He said.

"I did what?" Hongki asked then said, "Oh I know what you're talking about. You're still with noona?"

"Yes and I want you to explain yourself." He told Hongki.

"Can you put me on speakerphone?" Hongki said and Jonghoon detected some laughter on his voice.

"You're already on speakerphone." Jonghoon informed Hongki.

"Noona!" Hongki called out.

"Yes Hongkiya!" Yuri said laughing.

"You really have to tell him that?" Hongki said with amusement in his voice.

"Of course she does." Jonghoon interrupted them and the two laughed. Jonghoon was getting angrier by the minute but he's curious now with their reactions.

"Noona, you call that a date?" Hongki asked.

"If it's not a date then what do you call it?" Yuri answered Hongki's question with another question.

“Of course it’s a date but it’s not a date date!” Jonghoon was getting more confused by the minute, “You’re not making sense Hongki!” He said getting very impatient. Yuri laughed at his reaction.

“Let me put it this way, Heechul hyung dated Jessica noona way way back and they wanted to keep it a secret. So to make things less scandalous, he asked me to go with him on a double date. Jessica asked noona to come with her and there goes our 1st date.” Hongki finally explained.

“1st date? How many dates were there?” Jonghoon asked annoyed at the fact that there was a possibility that they dated more than once.

“Four times?” Hongki answered with some doubts.

“Make it five.” Yuri said.

“Five?” Jonghoon looked at her incredulously.

“What? Yes we dated five times and it’s all because we the two of them needed chaperone. And on some occasions we go on group dates. I’ve been to one of your chocoball meetings.” She said.

“And where was I when that happened?” Jonghoon asked.

“You were out on a date of your own.” It was Hongki who answered his question. “So do you still have any questions left? You’re disturbing me and the boys.”

“You mean you were talking to me in front of the boys all this time?” Jonghoon asked.

“Yes and you’re even on speakerphone, they heard everything.” Hongki said then suddenly laughters erupted on the other line.

“Hyung! I never knew you were the jealous type!” It was Seunghyun teasing him.

“Hyung I too went out on dates with noona! Are you mad at me too?” Jaejin the bestfriend asked.

“Noona! I guess I can’t ask you out to eat some chickens anymore huh? My hyung might get mad at me!” Minhwan said laughing.

Jonghoon was getting so red by the minute. He knew he can’t get mad at his bandmates that time since he knew Yuri will get mad at him if he did that. He drank his coffee in one drink and even drank the water in one gulp. Yuri was getting amused at his reactions and realized that her heart’s beating wildly for some reason. The boys on the other line kept on teasing their embarrassed leader to no end and Jonghoon cut the call without even warning the boys.

“Why did you do that? That’s rude.” Yuri said.

“They’re embarrassing me to no end. So what if I’m the jealous type. Can you blame me?” He asked his fiancé.

“Honestly I don’t see any reason why you should get jealous if I even dated Hongki for real because it all happened in the past.” Yuri told him.

“You just don’t understand my situation.” Jonghoon said.

“Then explain it to me so that I’ll understand.” She said.

Jonghoon looked at her and knew that he won’t be able to get out of this so he took a deep breath and began telling her his reason. “Since Hongki is the oldest member in our group and the vocalist, most people thought that he is the leader of our band. He’s the most famous member and the most loved. Not that I hate it when they think that way but there are instances when I don’t like people liking him more than me.”

“What kind of instances are those?” Yuri asked.

Jonghoon then looked at her eyes, “On instances when the people I like or care about likes him more than me.” Yuri’s heart began to pound loudly. He’s making it hard for her to breath. But she also knows that he’s a player and she knew she needs to control herself or else she’ll fall hard for this guy and he might hurt her big time. But there’s also a part of her that tells her that he’s been honest with her since the beginning of this engagement of theirs and that’s what she wants to know now more than anything else.

“What are you saying Jonghoon? Can you make yourself clear? I don’t want any misunderstandings between us?” She said readying herself for whatever that will come next. Jonghoon then grabbed her hand and said, “I’m saying I like you and I care about you. I don’t want any guy closer to you than me especially Hongki. I want to be your favourite FTIsland member or even your favourite celebrity in the whole world. I’m saying I, Choi Jonghoon, FTIsland’s leader is falling in love with Kwon Yuri of Girl’s Generation.”

Yuri can’t break their eye contact the whole time Jonghoon was confessing to her. She was ecstatic with his confession but she still needs to control herself. She needs to know more.

“What is it that you like about me Jonghoon? Is it because I’m y and beautiful?” Yuri knew that when boys answer that question she frequently ended hurt or disappointed. But she needs to ask, she needs to know the truth.

“Of course!” Jonghoon said and Yuri’s face began to fall. She felt pain, more painful than the past.

“A guy saying that he doesn’t like you because of your iness and beauty would be stupid.” She hoped he would stop. He’s hurting her more and more with every word that he says.

“But I like you more because of the person you are.” Yuri then looked up. Jonghoon saw the tears that were forming in her eyes and one lone tear fell. He wiped the tear and said, “It’s true, when we were at Jonghyun’s villa, I fooled around with you because you’re beautiful and y. But when after we talked that night when our parents told us our engagement, I began seeing you on a different light. I realized you were more than a face and a body. Spending time with you, knowing more about you, I began thanking my parents for choosing you to become my wife. I like the way you take care of the people that are special to you. I should know I’m one of them.

To tell you honestly, I didn’t enjoyed you’re concert.” Yuri then looked at him confused. “But you said you enjoyed it.” She said.

“Well I guess I lied that time. I hated it when I saw boys were ogling at you all the time. You can ask my members and they’d tell you how I acted that night. They were teasing me to no end.

“But this morning, sealed everything to me. I can now honestly say that I’m falling in love with you. I saw how you took care of my dongsaengs. How they liked you back and how you fit perfectly in my life. I’m saying I love you Yuri and that’s the truth.”

Jonghoon squeezed her hand with his last sentence. It’s now his time to get nervous. He knows he had said his piece and had laid everything that’s in his heart. He began to perspire badly every second she stayed silent. She was looking at him now and for some reason tears kept falling from her eyes. After a minute of silence he knew he can’t take it anymore. “Why the tears?” He asked.

“Because I’m happy.” She honestly said and he smiled widely with that answer.

“So does that mean that you love me too?” His question was full of hope.

“I don’t think I’m in love with you,” Jonghoon’s face began to fall this time, “just yet. But I do know that I like you too. That you’re my favourite FTIsland member and most probably the second favourite celebrity in the whole world.” Jonghoon’s face began to light up. “Well, what do you like about me?” He said getting into the mood.

“Well let’s see. You’re the most handsome member in FTIsland. I liked the body that I saw earlier in your room and you’re just super hot when you play with your guitar.” She knew she’s teasing him and wants to know the real reason so he asked, “And what else?”

Yuri knows that she’s the one in control now and smiled at the idea. She then looked at him and said, “Let’s go, it’s getting late. I have schedules tomorrow and I believe you have a busy day tomorrow too.” She then stood up and began to walk but Jonghoon then pulled her to sit beside him. Yuri then got lost in his eyes and soon felt him kissing her.

The first word that came to Yuri’s mind after they kissed was “delicious.”  Jonghoon then stood up and pulled her. He put his arms around her and she put his arms around his waist. As soon as they got out of the cafe, Jonghoon pulled her head and kissed the top of her head. As soon as they reached his car, he then faced and said, “Can I finally say not that you’re my girlfriend?”

“I would like that.” Yuri said smiling.

Jonghoon then closed in the gap and kissed her again on the lips for the second time that night.

 

A week after they got official, FTIsland, CNBlue and SNSD were all requested to perform in one of those music shows along with other idol groups. The FNC boys shared one big room beside SNSD’s. As soon as their make-ups were done, Yonghwa and Jonghyun went to the room beside theirs. Since girls take more time to do their make-up, the boys especially those who have girlfriends in that room watched with awe as the make-up artists’ makes their girls more beautiful.

“Noona, please don’t make my girlfriend too beautiful.” Yonghwa said as he watch Seohyun being prepped by the coordinator.

“What a weird request Yonghwa-ssi.” The coordinator said.

“I don’t want boys to ogle at my girl. Can you make her more ugly instead so that her fanboys will not like her anymore?” Yonghwa said and Seohyun glared at him.

“Choding!!!” Seohyun cried out to her childish boyfriend.

“No worries Hyun, even if noona make you ugly, you’re still the most beautiful girl for me.” He said and all the girls and boys cried, “EEwwwwwwwwwww!”

“You’re so cheesy hyung!” Jonghyun said. “But noona, don’t put too much make up on Yoona please. She’s beautiful even without make-up.” He said proudly. “Yah dimples! Do you want your girlfriend to be the ugliest member of SNSD tonight?” Yoona who still hasn’t eaten her dinner was not in the mood for jokes. Jonghyun who was waiting for Yoona to finish her make-up so that they can start eating was also a bit temperamental that time. “What’s wrong with you? I just said that you’re pretty even without make-up and you’re getting mad?” It was a good thing that the coordinator just finished Yoona’s make-up and she shove Yoona out of the chair knowing a war will happen if the lovers won’t have their dinner soon. The manager knowing what’s happening handed Yoona and Jonghyun their food and made them sit on the table. As soon as the two began eating their mood changed and soon they were back to their loving selves.

A knock was then heard and everyone Sunny opened the door. “What are you doing here? Did Yuri want something?” She asked Jonghoon.

Jonghoon was confused with her question. “Huh? Isn’t she here? I came here to see her.” He said.

“Huh? I thought she was with you. While she was doing her make-up she received a text and as soon as she was finished she told us she’s going out. We all thought she went to your room.” Sunny answered.

“No she didn’t go there. Where could she be?” He asked. He took out his phone and dialled her number. Then they heard a phone ringing inside their room and Sunny saw that it was Yuri’s. “I guess she left her phone here?” She said.

“Oh it’s okay. I’ll just look for her. Nice seeing you girls. Good luck on your performance!” She told the girls.

Jonghoon then had a brilliant idea. “Guys, we we’re all done now right?” He asked s.

“Yes.” Hongki answered.

“Then let’s go. Let’s give our respect to the others.” The boys then looked at each other. It’s always a good thing to pay respect to other artists but it was always Jaejin who makes them do it but they just thought that Jonghoon’s just becoming a more responsible leader. But Jonghoon has a different agenda why he suggested that. He wanted to have a reason to look into every room to see if his girlfriend’s there. Soon they began their room to room greeting. Soon they found themselves at SNSD’s room, the last one there is. As soon as they finished their greetings, the boys began to mingle with the girls but still Yuri was nowhere to be found.

Jonghoon then silently went out and still searched for his girlfriend. He then remembered to check the backstage where most of the idols go when they wants to have some privacy. As he comes near he then hears familiar voices. They were talking softly. His heart began to pound. He’s 100% sure that the girls voice is Yuri’s but the boys voice is very familiar too. He knows that voice, it was a voice of a friend. He then took gathered all his courage and pulled back the curtain and saw his girlfriend and friend hugging.

 

*****************************************************

A/N: It's been so smooth sailing with this two, time to make some complications. Their story is about to end. I know it's not that long but I want to keep it short and sweet. Please comment and subscribe.!!!