Yonghwa - Part 5

Playing Cupids

While Jaejin and Hongki were on their way to the CN Blue dorm, the two had a heart to heart talk.

"Jaejin-ah, you know that when we start this project there's no turning back right?"

Jaejin looked at Hongki and smiled, "I'm fully aware of that hyung."

"Tha'ts good to know. You also know that the biggest complication here is if you too falls in love with Seohyun right?"

"About that hyung... I swear to you that it will never happen. It's like this. It's true that Seohyun and I are best friends. We share almost everything and we are very much comfortable with each other. The reason I've decided to help you guys out is I know for sure that Seohyun too has feeling for Yonghwa hyung. I'll be honest with you, I'm not doing this for hyung, I'm doing this for her. I've never seen her so happy when they were still doing the show and when it all stopped it's like a part of her was taken away by ending the show. The noona's and I are quite worried about her and this is the only way I know for her to find what was lost."

"Are you really not in love with her? Don't you have even a slight little thingy feelings for her?" Hongki prodded further.

"Hyung, you know me. If and ever I fall in love, there will be no stopping me until I get the girl. If I was ever in love with her, I don't think Yonghwa hyung would stand a chance. Besides, she knows who I like."

"What? You never told me you like someone. Who is she?"

"Hehehehehe. No way hyung, I'm not telling"

 

Step One: Make Jung Yonghwa get used to Hongki and Jaejin going to their dorms

"By the way hyung, what's with the step one? Why do we need to make Yonghwa hyung get used to the two of us going to their dorm?" Jaejin asked Hongki.

"You know that hyung has a killer schedule right now right especially with his filmings?"

"Yeah, so?"

"So, it will be very seldom for us to really meet if we will not go to their dorms. He won't be frequenting the office for the've just finished with their promotions. So this is the only way that we can put everything into action."

"But why can't just Jungshin tell him that me and Joohyun and are close?"

"Yes, he can do that but it will be more convincing if he will see you personally talking, texting or calling her."

"Oh I see."

"Enough with your questions, we're here at their dorm. Let's go."

The two FTI boys got out of the car and went inside the building. When they were in front of the door Hongki said,

"Jaejin-ah, think of a reason why you need to frequent this place. Hyung is smart, he would know if we are doing something. Think of something very believable."

Jaejin shakes his head and patted Hongki's shoulder, "I'm way ahead of you hyung. Don't worry, Jungshin and I have it covered already." With that Jaejin rang the doorbell.

Jungshin on the other hand was waiting for the doorbell to ring. Jaejin had texted him when he was about to get out of the car. He also knows how smart Yonghwa is and knows that he should act as normal as he could. For some reason, he's really nervous.

Jonghyun who was forever playing with his quitar heard the doorbell and shouted, "Jungie! Get the door!"

"Aish hyung, do you really need to shout?" Then the two exchanged knowing glances. Jungshin opened the door and said, "So you're finally here." a bit too loudly.

Hongki looked at Jungshin and said "Yah! just act natural ok. Hyung will know something is up if you act all weird and all. Just act natural."

"Got it hyung." The tall guy bowing his head.

"Who's here?" It was Yonghwa asking for he too heard the doorbell.

"This is it. Action!" Jaejin joked and got a slap from Hongki, "You too act natural."

Hongki went inside the dorm first and exchange greetings with Jonghyun. "Ready?" He asked his friend.

"As ready as you are."

"Good. Where is he?"

"He's inside his room, resting."

Hongki went to Yonghwa's room and knock.

"Hyung! I'm here! I missed you!"

"Yah! What are you doing here? Don't you have practice? You're in the middle of your promotions and you still have time to play?"

"I always have time to play. I'm not like you who's always so serious. Sometimes you should relax and enjoy and play too."

"But what gives me the honor of a visit from the great Hongki?"

"Believe it or not hyung, I'm not here for you. I'm here for Jongie. He told me he'd be my teacher in guitar 101."

"Jonghyun? But Jonghoon is much more experienced that Jonghyun. Why don't you ask him for help? There also Seunghyun."

"As for Hoonie, he's too much a perfectionist and he's not that patient with teaching. As for Seunghyun, he's too playful, he has no serious bone in him. As for you, you're too busy for me and Jonghyun is a much more gifted guitarist than you and he agreed to help me. That's why I'm here. So you will see me more in the near future."

"Fine. Whatever. Then go and study with your teacher. I'm really tired and I'm taking advantage of this much needed break. I'll see you later."

With that, Hongki went out of his room and joined Jonghyun in the living room.

"I'm all set. How about you? Did you find anything?" Hongki who brought his props (guitar) took it out of the bag and Jonghyun automatically took it and tuned it. He tinkered while he talks...

"We had a little name drop last night. As you know hyung's birthday is fast approaching and so is Minhyuk's. So when we asked hyung where we will celebrate their birthday's, Jungshin suddenly "remembered" that a certain someone is also celebrating her birthday on Minhyuk's birthday. His expression was priceless. When Jungshin mentioned it he looked at him longingly as if Jungshin is her. It's quite creepy and poignant. He really misses her, that's for sure."

Then suddenly sound of bass playing was heard on the room. It was very good but also very loud. It was as if two bass players were showing off their skills to one another. The two Lee's in the living room suddenly stood up and went inside the maknae's room.

"What are you guys doing? Hyung is resting on the other room. You know how cranky he can get when his being disturbed," said Jonghyun with fear in his eyes.

The two 91 liners smiled and the shorter one said, "well that's the plan" then smiled.

As if on cue, Yonghwa got out of his room and went to the maknae's room. "Yah! What's the big idea?" he said fumming with anger.

As if watching the best actor at work, the older Lee's saw the big change in Jaejin's actions, it was as if he's the most humble person there is.

"Hyung!" began Jaejin's acting, "we're sorry. I didn't know that you were resting. Jungshin showed me his new bass guitar and I tried it then everything just happen, we were so into playing and forgot that we were disturbing others. We're really sorry."

The two younger Lee's bowed their heads low and keeps on apologizing.

"Jaejin, you're also here? What are doing here? Don't tell me Hongki finally was able to influence you into becoming a happy go lucky guy?"

"Yah! Hyung! You talk like I'm a bad influence to my dongsaengs."

"Because you are!"

"Aish this man..." Then everybody laughed.

Jaejin finally said, "I came here 'coz  as you know I don't have friends my age in our dorm. It's either 90's or 92 liners in our dorm. Since you have two 91 liners here and one is also a bass player, I thought I'd go with Hongki hyung. By the way, where's Minhyuk?"

"He went out. Actually he's in FNC with Minhwan. They have lessons today." Said Jungshin.

The day went on with the older Lee's playing guitar in the living room and the younger Lee's playing bass inside the maknae's room. Whenever Yonghwa's on a break, the two FTI boys would always go to the CNB dorm. It was a good thing that Yonghwa is not suspecting them for he bought their reasons. After two weeks of doing the first step they've decided to take next step.

 

*****************************

A.N.: SORRY!  I know it's quite a draggy chapter. But no worries, it will get better. We all know that first steps are boring and tiresome. I'll try to update later or tomorrow. Suggestions? Hope you'll bear with me and continue reading my story.