Yonghwa - Chapter 15

Playing Cupids

Day of the practice came. Much to everybody's surprise Yonghwa was already there at the studio when the 91 Band came to practice. Minhyuk was first to arrive and saw Yonghwa playing with his guitar.

"Hyung! You're already here?"

Yonghwa just nodded, still playing with his guitar. Minhyuk was a bit confused with his reaction. Usually he's very warm but right now it seems that he's nervous. He just shrugged it off and went to the drum set and started playing with his hyung.

Then Jinwoon came next. He knew Minhyuk was there cause he can hear the drums from outside the room. He was surprised when he saw Yonghwa was also inside the studio. "Hyung! You came here to help us?" Yonghwa just nodded. "That's good. I really need some help." Jinwoon then took his guitar and sat beside Yonghwa. Then he also joined in.

Moments later, all guys heard a very familiar laugh. As if on cue, the two guitarist stopped, looked at each other and anticipate the person who will be entering the door. Minhyuk on the other hand just continued playing. Much to the two's disappointment, it was a guy who entered the door wearing a very silly smile on his face followed by the goddess who was laughing beside him. Following them were two people with different expressions. They both looked like they were annoyed with something. The annoyed guy then saw Yonghwa. "Hyung! You're here? I thought you have a schedule and you'd be late?" 

Yonghwa smiled back at Jonghyun. "You seem unhappy about something. You should be happy since Yoona is here."

That got the attention of Jinwoon. "Really hyung, you like noona?" He asked Jonghyun.

Jonghyun then turned scarlet and looked at Yoona, Yoona too blushed. They both awkwardly sigh. Jaejin threw Jonghyun a look telling him to get his act together. "Ah yeah. Yoona can we go sit over there?" earning a loud teasing from the others. 

"Can you just smile. You also need to act like I have a chance with you remember?" Jonghyun told Yoona when no one can hear them. "Yoona shot him an angry look and then started with their act and gave him her sweetest smile.

Jaejin on the other hand, bowed to everybody showing respect since he's the youngest one there. Seohyun also bowed and smiled to everybody making Yonghwa and Jinwoon lost their souls.

Jaejin and Seohyun both at the same time bowed to everybody and together they went where Yonghwa was sitting. "Hyung! Why are here?"

"I'm just offering my help. I know all songs of Jason Mraz by heart, he's my idol you know."

"Really oppa!" Seohyun thanked her acting workshops. She pretended as if nothing happened at the party. She was able to show Yonghwa a Seohyun who was not affected by anything especially a kiss. "Thank you for helping. We really appreciate your help. Take good care of us." With that Seohyun and Jaejin went to ready themselves for practice.

Yonghwa was a bit disappointed for Seohyun was acting as if nothing happened. He was expecting her to be awkward with a blush on her face but she seemed normal and this makes him very nervous.

As soon as everybody was ready to play, Seohyun then stood up and said, "Ahem... When KBS sent me a message requesting me to have a solo performance on the show, I was ready to decline it. But Jaejin and Sooyoung unnie convinced me to do a duet instead. I thought it would be fun for this will be my first time to sing with my dear friend. But when we negotiated with KBS about the changes, they like the idea of a live performance and the duet but they changed the song to Lucky and decided to add Jinwoon and Minhyuk to make a full band. I remembered the time when I had my first jam session with CNBlue and I recalled how happy I was that day. I know this will be an enjoyable experience at least for me, I hope for you guys too. Thank you guys for accepting this gig and thank you oppas for volunteering to help us."

After that everybody clapped and they decided to start. Jaejin handed out the sheet music. Everyone studied their parts for an hour. Jinwoon was joined by Yonghwa and Jonghyun who helps him with his part. MInhyuk continued on playing with the drums. Since it was Jaejin who was assigned to secure the music sheets, he was able to practice and perfect his part before the meeting so Seohyun and him just practiced their duet making Jinwoon and Yonghwa give Jaejin murderous glares which made Yoona laugh.

After a while, they decided to try playing together. At first it was all over the place but with an two hour of playing with suggestions from Yonghwa and Jonghyun, it finally showed some hope of success.

Yoona then volunteered to buy them some snacks. "Aren't you going with her? This is your chance!" Yonghwa told Jonghyun. Jonghyun who would rather play with his guitar than go out and fight with Yoona had no choice but smile his hyung (fakely) and followed Yoona.

Yonghwa who was left behind observed how Seohyun treats each guy in the room..

Minhyuk and Seohyun - They're like long lost siblings who found each other after 18 years. Seems like having been born on the same day made a weird connection with them. They're too much alike. Same principles, same humor, same personality. Minhyuk was Seohyun only that he's a boy and she's a girl.

JInwoon and Seohyun - Annoying. Jinwoon is the ultimate fanboy. Always staring in awe. Always praising her. Always there to assist her. Just plane annoying. But Seohyun was oblivious. She's not paying attention to his advances but even if he's like that, she's still comfortable with him and treats him as a friend.

Jaejin and Seohyun - A very different story. Very confusing. It seems they don't have "that" feeling but what they have is definitely special. Yonghwa was jealous cause he saw how close the two were, how he wish he's as close as them even closer. She's different with him. She's too comfortable. It was as if they have their own world. They understand each actions the other makes. They don't need words to communicate. Just one look, one smile, one smirk, they knew what the other was thinking. He remembered they were like that before. He then again regretted why he was so stupid and why he let her go just like that.

Yonghwa can see that he's not the only one who was getting jealous. Jinwoon keeps on messing up his part. He's constantly distracted by the closeness of Jaejin and Seohyun.

Seohyun on the other hand remembered Sooyoungs advise "make Yonghwa jealous." She decided that Yonghwa's about to see how close she and Jaejin really is. She held nothing back. Usually she would act reserved in front of other people, but she decided to just let herself free.

She and Jaejin goes way back. They're like soulmates but it ends there. They knew that they can never be lovers. It's best to stay friends and no one would dare destroy that by taking the next step. It did crossed their minds, they talked about it but agreed that it can never be, they're perfectly fine to stay best friends. It's one rare relationship between a girl and a boy but it definitely exist and they're the living proof.

Seohyun showed Yonghwa what Yuri and Sooyoung normally sees when she's with Jaejin. She easily laugh at his jokes. They finish each other's sentences. They laugh comfortably and skinship is as natural as dringking water. Seohyun would just cling on Jaejin's arm while singing as she get's on the mood. Jaejin would just wipe Seohyun's sweat and Seohyun will just let him. These and other stuff that seems normal to them but is making a certain someone wants to punch Jaejin. Make it two people wanting to punch Jaejin in the face.

After four hours of practice, they decided to call it a day. Seohyun didn't realize that practicing with a band is as hard as dancing all day. They realize that the need to set another day to again practice. Since Minhyuk and Seohyun share the same birthday, it was agreed upon that they will have their next practice on their birthday. Practice and party at the same time.

When they were about to go home. Yonghwa noticed that something's off with Jaejin and Seohyun. It was as if they were fighting over something. Then all of a sudden he heard Jaejin shout "This is none of your business so back off." Jaejin then walked out of the room and Seohyun ran out after him. Yonghwa and the others followed the two as if watching a drama on tv.

"Jaejin-ah wait. We should talk about this." Seohyun cried out. Then Jaejin stopped and again the two talked.

Yonghwa then turned to Yoona, "What's wrong with them?"

"I don't know. It seems Seohyun saw that Jaejin's texting a girl and she didn't liked it." Yoona answered.

When Yonghwa was about to ask Yoona again, Jinwoon beat him up to it "But why wouldn't she like it? You know I never knew that they were close. I was kinda shocked when I saw them earlier. It's like seeing her with Yonghwa hyung on WGM only closer. What are they really?"

Yonghwa wants to know the answer to that question too.  Yoona just said "Who knows?" much to their disappointment.

It pains him to know that even Jinwoon can see that Jaejin and Seohyun were closer than him and Seohyun. And adding to injury they just saw Jaejin and Seohyun make up their differences by giving each other a hug. Yonghwa was seeing green again. Jonghyun and Minhyuk noticed this. They panicked. Jonghyun whispered to his hyung "Are you okay?" Yonghwa then looked at his friend, shook his head and sprinted towards Seohyun and Jaejin. Yonghwa then grabbed Seohyun's arm and dragged her leaving everyone shocked and speechless.

 

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

A/N: Writer's block! Sorry for the delay, I was quite busy. Sorry if this is one confusing chapter. I hope you guys would somehow like it. Honestly, Jaejin and Seohyun's relationship is based on my relationship with my guy bestfriend. I assure you it can happen. Please comment and subscribe. Inspire me please to write more!!!!! Thank you for reading!!!