Volume 3, Chapter 7 "Jonghoon"

Playing Cupids

 

As soon as the car of Jonghoon reached SNSD’s dorm, Yuri again asked him, “Are you really sure you’re doing this?”

Jonghoon parked the car and looked at his fiancé, “You’ve asked me that question a hundred times already and my answer will stay the same. I’M SURE!”

“Really?”

“Really! Now stop asking the same question and let’s get out of this car and go to your dorm. You should really take a bath now and brush your teeth, you’re starting to smell.” Before Yuri can react, Jonghoon was already out of the car and was opening the door for her. She looked at him angrily and stomped out of the car. “I don’t smell at all.” She shouted at him and he just shrugged his shoulders.

As they were walking towards the dorm, Yuri noticed that Jonghoon was carrying his guitar with him. “Do you really love your guitar that much that you can’t bear to part with it?”

“Why are you jealous of my guitar?” Jonghoon asked mischievously.

“In your dreams. I’m just saying with eight girls around firing questions at you, do you think you’ll find the time to still play your guitar? And don’t worry, our parking is well secured so if you decide to keep it inside the car I promise you nothing bad will happen to it.” Yuri said with obvious concern in her voice.

“It’s okay, this guitar will not leave my side, especially right now.” Jonghoon answered and Yuri got more confused but decided to leave it.

As soon as they rang the doorbell, they heard shouts coming from the other side of the door. “Did you tell them I’m coming?” Jonghoon asked knowingly and Yuri smiled and nods. “I see.” Jonghoon said.

“Did you honestly think I will not warn them that you’re coming? Only girls live in this dorm. Even male managers will call us if they’re coming. Some of our members walks around the house only in their undies.” Yuri informed him.

Jonghoon’s eyes turned round and smiled at her. “Really? That would’ve been nice to see.” He honestly told her and she looked at him angrily. “ert!”

Jonghoon laughed at her reaction. “I’m a healthy male. You can’t blame me.” Then the door was suddenly opened by Taeyeon. Jonghoon bowed and greeted the leader of SNSD. He was invited to come in and to sit down in the living room.

“Choi Jonghoon, for the last time, are you really doing this?” Yuri asked.

“Kwon Yuri, I’ll be fine. Go! Brush your teeth and take a bath. The sooner you finish, the sooner we can go.” He answered. “Don’t say I didn’t warn you.” Yuri said and left.

Before Yuri can even enter her room, Sooyoung, Yoona and Tiffany came running towards Jonghoon. Sooyoung sat beside him, while Yoona and Tiffany sat in front of them. Jonghoon smiled, stood up and bowed at the girls. Sooyoung pulled his arm and made him seat, “No need to be formal with us.” She said.

“You have guts Choi Jonghoon.” Tiffany said.

“And why is that noona?” He asked.

“You’re the first boyfriend of a member who had the guts to seat here in this living room.” Tiffany told him.

Jonghoon then looked at Yoona, “Really? What about Jonghyun and hyung?” He asked.

“Let’s just say that we don’t hang out here. Usually it’s in their dorms or outside just not here.”

“And about Oppa,” everyone began to turn their heads to Seohyun who decided to join them, “let’s just say that he still remembered what happened to him when my unnies visited us in our house (WGM time). He said he had a hard time answering the questions from three unnies, how much more from eight girls?” Seohyun said honestly.

Laughter filled the room. Jonghoon then realized that aside from the four girls who were with him, the other four girls then decided to join them. He then looked at everyone and found out that the four older members were trying to intimidate him with their stares but instead of getting nervous he flashed them his million dollar killer smile.

The girls realized that this boy is different. He’s not easily intimidated. Taeyeon then knew that she needs to test the limits of this boy in front of them.

“You do know that when you decided to come here that all of us are going to bombard you with questions right?” Taeyeon asked him direct and straight.

“Yes.” He simply said and again smiled. “So who will ask the first question?” He said and looked at all the girls.

“There was an article before that your favourite SNSD member is Tiffany. Is that true?” Hyoyeon fired away. Tiffany looked at her with obvious embarrassment.

“It’s true.” He said and everyone nudge Tiffany. “But, that was before. I’m sorry noona,” he told Tiffany, “but you’re not my favourite member now.”

“And who is that member if I may ask?” Taeyeon asked.

“Kwon Yuri.” As soon as he answered, everyone began to shriek and giggle. Yuri who was inside the bathroom that time smiled knowing that her fiancé is getting along just fine with her sisters. She then decided to enjoy and take her time taking a bath.

“So who wants to ask the next question?” Jonghoon asked making everyone laugh.

“Me!” Jessica said. “What do you like with our Yuri?”

Jonghoon looked at all of them who were all anticipating his answer. “That’s one dangerous question.” He said.

“And why is that?” Jessica asked.

“Because I watched the episode of hyung and Seohyun when you guys visited them. You were very persistent especially you Hyoyeon noona.” Hyoyeon smiled and said “So you know that you have to answer correctly.” And everyone nods in agreement. “So what do you like with our Yuri?” Jessica again asked.

“You guys knew that we had a fling before right?” Jonghoon asked and everyone nods. “At that time, I liked her because she’s hot. She has a y body and a beautiful face.” He again looked at them and everyone was ready to pounce on him but still waiting for him to finish. “But now,” he continued, “I like her because she has a good heart. The way she takes care of Jaejin, the way she glows when she talks about you guys and her family and the way she takes care of me are just priceless. I can honestly say that I’m thankful for our parents for pairing us up.” Again he looked at the girls and now all of them are smiling. Some even looked at him dreamily.

“She’s really a sweet girl.” Sooyoung said. “It’s not just us she’s taking care of. Even with her other friends especially from our SM family like Heechul oppa, Minho, Key, Leeteuk oppa and the others.”

As soon as Jonghoon heard Minho’s name, the smile on his face turned into a frown. “I saw that!” Tiffany said. Jonghoon and the rest of the girls looked at her. “What did you see?” Hyoyeon asked.

“When Sooyoung said Minho’s name, he frowned. You’re jealous. You’re jealous with Minho.” Tiffany said. Jonghoon knew he got caught but he kept silent.

“Are you jealous of Minho?” Sunny asked.

Jonghoon smiled at them. “How close are they?” He instead asked.

“Why? Are you jealous?” Yoona teased Jonghoon.

“Are they as close as Yuri and Jaejin?” He insisted still.

“It’s different. With Jaejin it’s like a brother-sister relationship. The kind that gets along well. As for Minho and Yuri, they’re bestfriends. They tell each other secrets.” Sooyoung said. “Jealous?”

Jonghoon looked at all them and just nod. Everyone began to act crazily. Some shouts, some stomps their feet.

“With that answer of your oppa, can we now believe that you’re now developing feelings for unnie?” Seohyun asked.

“So you’re asking the next question now?” Jonghoon asked Seohyun and she just smiled.

“Don’t even dare to deny or lie.” Sooyoung told him.

“Sooyoung, I’m a member of FTIsland not of CNBlue. FTIsland’s quite famous for our honesty and bluntness. We say what we feel and what we want and often gets into trouble because of that. Our company hated us for being like that but I believe it’s our charm. CNBlue,” he said and looked at Yoona and Seohyun, “is more careful with what they say and that’s the reason our company loves them.”

“Oppa, don’t worry, both Yoona unnie and I knows that but don’t change the subject. Answer my question first.” Seohyun said and Jonghoon smiled.

“I will answer your question honestly but you girls need to promise me something after I answer the question. Is that a deal?” He asked everyone and all the girls nodded.

Jonghoon took a deep breath and looked at the bathroom where Yuri is. “Don’t worry oppa, she takes at least 30 minutes so you still have ample time to answer my question.” Seohyun said.

“Honestly,” he began, “I think I’m falling in love with her.” Silence... Everyone was digesting his answer. No one thought he would answer like that. They were expecting him to deny or stall but he didn’t. Then Yoona began to shriek and soon all seven girls were shrieking with her. Sooyoung was pushing and pulling Jonghoon. Jonghoon laughed at the girls reactions. Hyoyeon began to dance crazily, Tiffany and Jessica began talking excitedly in English, Taeyeon was gaping at him, Seohyun was smiling silently, Yoona and Sooyoung were shrieking their hearts out and Sunny feigned fainting. It was a total chaos but Jonghoon was enjoying his time with the girls.

“Girls calm down.” He said but still the girls were acting crazily. He then saw that Sunny was looking at him with a silly smile on her face. “Noona,” he called out to Sunny, “can you please calm them down, I still need to say something.”

Sunny stood up on one of the sofa and shouted “Girls shut up! Our prince wants to say something!” She shouted on top of her lungs and soon all girls calmed down and went back to their places.

“Can you girls please not tell Yuri about this?” Jonghoon asked them.

“That would be very hard to do Jonghoon. Do you think eight mouths can keep themselves from telling her that?” Sooyoung said.

“But you have to promise me. You girls agreed earlier that you will promise to do something and that something is not telling Yuri about my confession.”

“You’re such a party pooper!” Tiffany said.

“No, I want to tell her myself. I have to tell her myself. Please promise me you won’t tell her anything please.” Jonghoon begged then Yuri came out of the bathroom and everyone turned silent. Yuri looked at them with obvious confusion on her face but decided to get back at them and went inside her room.

“Please?!” he begged again.

“Okay fine. No one will tell her. I give you my word. If one of these girls will tell her before you, something embarrassing about that person will be on the net the following day.” Taeyeon said.

“But unnie!” Yoona started to talk but Taeyeon shot her a glaring look and she decided to shut up.”

“Thank you.” Jonghoon said. “I promise I will do right with her. I can’t promise you I won’t hurt her but I promise you that I’ll try my best to make her happy.” He said and again the room was filled with shrieks.

“Jonghoon, I noticed that you brought your guitar with you. Why is that?” Jessica asked.

Jonghoon then took his guitar out of its case. “I believe the question and answer portion is now over?” He said and everyone nods. “I was expecting Yuri to take her time prepare for our date. I brought my guitar so that all of us can have a good time while I wait for her.”

“And how do we do that?” Sunny asked.

“I play anything you guys want to sing or dance to. We’ll entertain ourselves.” He said and began to play his guitar.

Soon all girls told him their requests. Some sang, some danced and some sang and danced. Yuri who was inside her room realized that outside the girls and her fiancé are having fun and true enough when she went out of her room she found Jonghoon playing the guitar laughing at her friends who were all crazily singing at dancing at the same time.

Yuri then sat beside Jonghoon and he smiled at her. While her friends were still singing and dancing she asked the guitarist, “Do you still want to go out? It seems you’re having a blast with my sisters here.”

“Jealous?” He asked but she just slapped his arm. Sooyoung then pulled her and made her join their little dance. Jonghoon then began playing the chords to Gee and everyone recognized it and began to go to their places. Soon everyone was dancing, singing and laughing. After three more songs, the girls got tired and all fell down on the floor. Everyone was laughing then Seohyun’s phone rang. She then ran towards her room and everyone counted to five and Yoona’s phone too rang. She too ran towards her room and everyone outside except for Jonghoon began to laugh.

Jonghoon looked at Yuri questioningly. “You see, usually when one of those girls phone rings, within ten seconds the other girl’s phone will also ring.” Yuri told Jonghoon.

“I believe you guys have a date?” Jessica said. “Don’t you think you should go now?”

Jonghoon then put back his guitar on its case. He asked Yuri for a glass of water and while Yuri was away, he again asked the remaining girls, “Please keep your promise?” The girls laughed at him and Taeyeon said, “You better hurry up and tell her. I can’t promise you that these girls can hold their tongues too long.”

“I just want to be sure of myself first before I tell her. But when the time comes when I want to tell her can I count on you guys to help me?” He asked.

“We helped Yonghwa even though we hated him when he confessed to Seohyun. We like you very much because you were honest with us. Count on us to help you when the time comes. Just remember your promise that you will do your best to make her happy.”

Jonghoon smiled at the girls and Yuri joined them handing Jonghoon his water. As soon as he finished his drink, he took his guitar and said his goodbye to the girls.

As soon as the two were inside the car, Yuri began to clap her hands.

“Why are you clapping?” Jonghoon asked.

“Because you survived!” Yuri said.

Jonghoon looked at her proudly and asked, “Now are you impressed with your husband-to-be?”

“Husband-to-be?” Yuri asked blushing a little.

“Yes, I’m your fiancé remember?” Jonghoon said and Yuri just smile at him.

Soon they reach their secret coffee shop. As soon as their orders were served Jonghoon then said, “Now it’s confession time.”

 

***************************************

A/N: Again sorry for the delay. I was busy last week with my daughter's projects. I like this chapter. I enjoyed writing Jonghoon with SNSD. I hope you will like this chapter too.  Just a quick question, please suggest some names for Jonghoon's past girlfriends and Yuri's past boyfriends and also flings. Just to make it more fun for the next chapter. It's confession time.

I'm sad only a few commented last chapter but I'm very grateful to those who commented. Thank you. To those who subscribed, I thank you so so so much. You guys are my inspiration