Yonghwa - Part 14

Playing Cupids

"Yah! Where did you two go? Right after the schedule you two went missing in action. We were worried."

"Hyung, didn't Jungshin told you that we were going out to buy coffee and at the same time buy some snacks?" Jonghyun said but in reality they just  came from having a conference with the others. Then Jonghyun noticed something new that Yonghwa's wearing. "Hyung, are you really wearing a friendship bracelet?"

"Oh! You're talking about this? Yes it's new. It's pretty right?" Yonghwa said beaming as if he's very proud of it.

"It's too pretty. It's made of pink and blue strings. Don't you think it doesn't fit your rocker image?" He was too shocked to see Yonghwa wearing something not his taste.

"Oh don't worry about that. I have another one in black, gold and silver strings. I will wear that one when we perform. I just use this in my private time."

"Let me guess. It is from Seohyun? Is that her birthday gift to you?"

Yonghwa then nodded wearing a silly smile on his face. "And it's not just this, there's another one. She gave me a bookmark."

"A bookmark?"

FLASHBACK

As soon as Yonghwa arrived at their hotel room he hurriedly opened the gift that Seohyun gave him. Inside there were two friendship bracelet. One is made of pink and blue strings and the other was of black, silver and gold. There was also a bookmark. At first he smiled thinking  that it's just some normal bookmark given by a bookworm girl named Seohyun. Then he noticed that there was a letter at the back of the bookmark.

Oppa,

Happy birthday. I hope this bookmark will be of used to you. Do you still read books? If you would look at it closely it has 3 dried flower petals and each petal has your initials. Hope you will like it.

SJH

Yonghwa then took the bookmark and looked at it closely. Sure enough there were three petals and in each petal his initials were marked. It's not just marked with a pen but it seems that it was carved but you can't carve something on a dried petal for it will break, it seems it was carved even before it was dried so it only means that she planned his birthday gift as early as the last night of their filming.

Back to Current Time

"But hyung, you stopped reading a few months ago." Jonghyun told him

"Then I guess I need to read books again." Yonghwa said as he left his friend.

 

The next day Sooyoung group text the others.

"Just came from negotiations with KBS. We need to talk. - Sooyoung"

"Tonight, 11:00 wait for my invitation. - Hongki"

 

That night Sooyoung told them what happened in KBS.

"They liked the idea of Seohyun & Jaejin doing a live performance but they wanted the two to do a duet. Know the song "Lucky?" Asked Sooyoung?

"Lucky? By Britney Spears? Jaejin doesn't know how to dance." Jungshin said.

"Fool, Lucky by Jason Mraz and Colbie Caillat." Said Jonghyun at the same time hitting the head of his dongsaeng.

"That would be perfect. Jaejin knows that song."

"But hyung. I am not too excited to sing that song. It's in english." Jaejin told Hongki.

"Then practice hard. Ask for Seohyun's help. She's good with english." Yoona told Jaejin.

"But that's not the best part. KBS told Seohyun that they would want a full band made of idols from 91. So they told her to include Jinwoon as the guitarist, Minhyuk as the drummer, and Jaejin as the bassist."

"But unnie, would Seohyun be comfortable performing with three boys?" Yoona asked.

"I think she will be comfortable. For one all of us are her friends, even if Jinwoon is her biggest fanboy he's still a good friend." Sooyoung told the others.

"And Minhyuk and Seohyun from day one had been comfortable with each other. Maybe being born at the same day gives you a special bonding." Jungshin said.

"And I am her best friend. I think we will be just fine with our performance. I was also informed today that we will have our practices in FNC since FNC has the equipments we need." Jaejin then said.

"But you know what's funny, it's as if this band is made to kill Jung Yonghwa." Hongki said. "Imagine Seohyun surrounded by her biggest fanboy, her twin from different parents and the best friend he's super jealous with."

"Definitely Hongki, this will kill our hyung." Jonghyun can just shook his head. "Does Minhyuk and Jinwoon knows about this?"

"Yes and they have confirmed that they will be participating. We will have our first practice 2 days from now since we will be coming back to Korea tomorrow." Jaejin also received the message from KBS and from FNC informing him of his new schedule.

"Okay guys you know what to do. Make sure hyung will come to FNC two days from now. Also try to talk about this performance tonight so he will be informed. Yoona will accompany Seohyun, Jaejin you practice your english now and Sooyoung thank you for the information. Meeting adjourned." With that Hongki signed out and looked at Jaejin. "Are you and Suzy now textmates?"

"Why are you asking me this hyung? It's a personal matter you know."

"Babo! So what does Seohyun think of you liking Suzy."

"She's not so thrilled about it since Suzy is still really young. She calls me a cradle snatcher. But I know that she'll just support me."

"You know you should have hyung see that Seohyun does not really approve of this so that he will think that Seohyun's not happy with you hitting on other girls. Let him misunderstand that Seohyun likes you too and that's the reason why she doesn't like Suzy for you."

"Hyung, isn't it too much?"

"Maybe it is but he's really stubborn. We need to do this for him." Hongki assured Jaejin.

 

Meanwhile on CNBlues hotel.

"Minhyuk! Is it true that you will be performing on KBS with Jaejin?" Jungshin shouted as soon as he entered the room.

"How did you know about that?" Minhyuk asked.

"I was talking with Jaejin earlier and he mentioned that you guys will form a 91-liner band. I'm quite disappointed that I'm not included." Jungshin then went to the bed and lied down beside Yonghwa who was reading a book.

"Who are the members of this so-called band?" Jonghyun said as he joined in the conversation.

"Oh just me as the drummer, Jaejin in bass, Jinwoon in guitar and Seohyun as vocalist. We will be singing Lucky by Jason Mraz and Colbie Caillat." As soon as Minhyuk mentioned Seohyun's name, Yonghwa suddenly sat down and said "Who are the members again?"

"Hyung, are you deaf? Minhyuk just said Jaejin, Jinwoon and Seohyun will be joining him." Jungshin told his hyung.

"Oh that band. Yoona told me that Seohyun will be in a band. I didn't know that Minhyuk and Jinwoon will be joining her too." Jonghyun pretended that it's Yoona who told him and lied to his hyung.

"Who will sing the boys part? Yonghwa kept on asking.

"That will be Jaejin." Jonghyun said. "Yoona even told me that it was supposed to be a duet from the two. They were planning to sing "I Don't Know How to Love" by FTIsland but KBS changed the song and made a full band."

"Seohyun will be one lucky girl to be surrounded by 3 handsome guys and that includes me." MInhyuk then gave them his eyeless smile trademark which earned him a punch in the stomach by Yonghwa. "But when will you start practicing and where?" Yonghwa seems very interested in details.

"Two days from now in FNC. Do you have filming on that day hyung? We can really use a hand. Since you're a big fan of Jason Mraz." Minhyuk said.

"Don't bother hyung. I can help you guys besides Yoona will come with Seohyun on that day." Jonghyun said.

"No it's ok. I'll ask manager hyung to change my schedule so I can help you guys." Jungshin can't help but shake his head when his hyung offered his help to the extent of changing his schedule. "This is what jealousy can do." He told himself.

 

******************************

A/N: This is one big disappointment chapter. I was so busy today and my minds not working right. Just some info. I decided to change the song since I think it will be more fun for Yonghwa to see Seohyun surrounded by significant boys in her life. I promise I'll do better next chapter. I don't know if I can update tomorrow but definitely I'll update before Seohyun's birthday. Happy birthday Jung Yonghwa!!!!