Volume: JAEJIN "Love is..."

Playing Cupids

“You know Oppa, you have one very kissable lips.”

Jaejin then gulped and said, “Oh my god.”

He then nervously looked at Suzy.

“Oh my! Oppa I’m sorry. Did I make you nervous again?” Suzy asked when she realized that Jaejin was starting to get uncomfortable again.

Jaejin can only nod.

“I’m really sorry. I tend to blurt out things. But no worries, I’ll do my very best to help you get comfortable with girls like me.” Suzy then again gave Jaejin a very sweet smile. Jaejin tried really hard to control himself or else he will ruin everything. Then finally he got hold of himself and smiled at her.

“That’s better Oppa. You know you should always smile like that. You’re cute when you smile.” Suzy again smiled at him and then continued with her task.

 

Seohyun who had finished pitching the tent with Yoona and Jonghyun and was still ignoring Yonghwa, was watching his bestfriend and the girl he likes. She can’t help but smile when she saw that Jaejin’s somehow making progress.

Yonghwa then can’t take it anymore. He stood in front of Seohyun’s view and forced her to look at him. “Yah! Stop looking at them.”

“Why not? I’m just looking. I’m just happy that finally my bestfriend is spending time with the girl he likes.” Seohyun explained.

“I know. But you might ruin everything. Suzy’s quite smart. She might realize that it’s her he likes if you keep on looking at them like that. You’re too transparent when it comes to Jaejin.” Yonghwa told her.

Seohyun then realized her mistake and finally smiled at her boyfriend. “Thank you for reminding me.” She said as she put her arms around his neck making Yonghwa smile like a child. “But still get away from the view. I still want to see. But I promise I’ll be more careful. I’m Seohyun remember, the girl with a poker face.”

 

After their supper, everyone gathered around the fire that Minhwan made. Both IU and Jonghyun got their guitars and soon the group were having fun singing songs. Minhwan then went inside his tent and when he went out he has marracas in his hands.

Yonghwa opted to rest his guitar for the time being for he chose to use his hands holding his girlfriends hands. Yoona, whose boyfriend is busy playing the guitar sat beside him and put her head on his shoulder and in return Jonghyun kissed her head and continued playing the guitar.Hongki and Eunjung then sang with the group.

Jaejin then sat behind everyone. He was laughing hard at one of the joint antics of Hongki and Eunjung when suddenly he heard Suzy say, “Oppa can I join you?”

Jaejin then looked beside him and smiled at her, “Sure.”

Suzy then sat beside him. “Oppa mind if I ask you what is that you like about this girl?”

Jaejin smiled at her question, “At first I was attracted to her because she’s beautiful and talented. But lately, the more I know about her, the more I like her more.”

“Is she really that special?”

“Yes.”

“How long since you started liking her?”

“Almost a year now.”

“Really that long and you still didn’t make a move?”

“Yeah. It was also hard to get to know her. She’s being protected by everyone around her.”

“Let me guess, she’s a maknae of some group huh?”

Jaejin panicked and looked at her, “How did you know that?”

“Because I’m also a maknae and everyone’s overprotective.”

Jaejin sighed. “That’s true about girl groups. But with us boys it’s quite different. Though maknaes are also protected they are also subjected to do the things the hyungs hate. Just look at Minhwan, he does everything and Hongki hyung’s just sitting prettily. Sometimes I help our maknaes with the hyungs orders. There are times when the maknaes and the hyungs will have a fight, and guess who’s in between?”

“You?”

“Yes. I’m the peacemaker. The middle child.”

Jaejin was then called by Eunjung to join them. “Is it okay if I leave you here or you want to join us there?” He asked Suzy.


“No, it’s okay. I’d rather observe from here. Hongki oppa’s getting crazier and I don’t want to become his prey.” Suzy explained. Jaejin then looked at the group and sure enough Hongki’s at his crazy mode again.

“I guess you’re right. It’s safer here.” He then left her and joined the others.

Suzy observed Jaejin’s actions. She saw how he takes care of Minhwan and Hongki. She also noticed how close he is with Seohyun. She got curious especially when she saw a jealous look from Yonghwa and she began to worry.

“Don’t worry, Yonghwa oppa’s not gonna hurt Jaejin.” Suzy looked up and saw Yoona. “Can I join you?” Yoona asked.

“Sure unnie.” Answered Suzy. “Are you sure Jaejin is safe with Yonghwa oppa? If looks can kill, he’d be dead by now.”

“Let me explain. Jaejin and Seohyun are best friends and they share a very special bond. Before when Yonghwa oppa doesn’t know about their relationship, he was very very jealous of Jaejin. But if it were not for Jaejin the YongSeo couple would not be a real couple now. Because he wanted Seohyun to be happy, he risked destroying his friendship with Yonghwa oppa.” Yoona said. She then told Suzy about the “Get Yonghwa to Confess” project.

Suzy was so interested with the story and they soon forgot about the others.

“So that’s what you mean by risking his friendship. What about now? Are they okay?” Suzy asked.

“Yonghwa and Jaejin? Yes of course. Yonghwa even tried to teach Jaejin but as you know it was a complete failure.”

Just then Yoona and Suzy heard IU say to Jaejin, ““Oppa, if you’re to choose a song among FT’s songs, what song will you sing in front of the girl you like?”

“You mean like a confession song?” Suzy asked as she and Yoona joined the group. IU nodded in response.

 Everyone’s head are now turned to Jaejin who was thinking hard about his answer to IU’s question. Hongki then answered instead, “We have a song entitled “Confession…”

“True but I have another song in mind.” Jaejin finally answered.

Minhwan then got a good idea. “Hyung, this can be a good practice.”

Everyone then looked at Minhwan. “What do you mean Minannie?” Seohyun asked.

“Noona, we all know that Suzy is…” Everyone then glared at Minhwan and he realized his mistake so he tried to salvage his explanation by saying, “the same type of girl that hyung likes.” Everyone then sighed a relief. IU then whispered, “Good save.” And Minhwan just nodded and continued, so why don’t you sing the song and imagine that the girl you like is Suzy.”

Everyone beamed, including the clueless Suzy. “That’s a very good idea.” She even said. Making Hongki laughed out loud.

“You mean you want me to sing the song to her?” Jaejin asked Minhwan as he shot him a look telling him to be very careful later because he’s gonna kill him but Minhwan just smiled at him cutely.

“Yes Oppa.” Suzy answered instead. “It will be a good practice for you.” Yonghwa and Hongki snickered.

“Here Oppa,” IU said handing her guitar to Jaejin, “you can use my guitar.”

Reluctantly Jaejin took it from her then signalled Hongki and Minhwan to come closer to him. He whispered something that made them smile and soon Minhwan went away for a moment and soon came back his Cajun box.

The FT boys distanced themselves for a moment and somehow talked about their impromptu performance. Yonghwa and Jonghyun offered their help but the boys declined.

Soon Minhwan sat in his Cajun box, Hongki borrowed Jonghyun’s guitar and stood in front of everyone. Jaejin was standing behind him holding IU’s guitar.

Minhwan then started the beat and Hongki then said in a loud voice,

“Yeah… Ladies and Gentlemen, Love Is…”

Jaejin began to sing as he walk in the middle of Hongki and Minhwan,

“Love is something that you say while looking in someone's eyes
Something you send to someone's heart
I hope we become like love too

Love is childish like a fairy tale,
But is still sweet like candy
I hope our love will last forever


Hongki then sang:

You are beautiful to me, You are so beautiful to me

Hongki then went in front of Yoona and offered his hand but instead Jonghyun gave his. Hongki threw his hands away and went to Seohyun.

The way my heart is racing, I'm sure it's love

He then went to Seohyun but Yonghwa instead stood up between him and Seohyun so he then went to Eunjung who happily accepted his hand.

You are beautiful to me, You are so beautiful to me
An angel who has come down from the sky, is what I think you are


Minhwan then sang: Your shortly cut hair, and your round two eyes
As pretty as a doll, you are my love


Hongki then whispered to Jaejin: “It’s now or never.”

Jaejin then went in front of Suzy and face her and began to sing (Note: from this point until the end of the song Jaejin sang alone):

Love is the feeling of flying above the clouds
Something that's warm like sunlight
This feeling, I'm sure you can feel it too

Love can make me as cool as the main character of a cartoon
You too, are my very own princess

You are beautiful to me, You are so beautiful to me
I want to hold your beautiful hand forever
You are beautiful to me, You are so beautiful to me
Like a prince on a white stallion, I will watch over you

During these moments that I make with you
Like a dreaming child, I'm so delighted

Love is warm like a mom's embrace
Comfy like an easy sleep
Do you know? it's the reason why I met you

Love is naive like a child
And pure like an angel
To me too, it has come like this

Love is something that you say while looking in someone's eyes
Something you send to someone's heart
I hope we become like love too

Love is childish like a fairy tale,
But is still sweet like candy
Our love, forever

I hope our love will last forever

As Jaejin was singing to Suzy, the girls began to scream on top of their lungs. The boys were also shouting. Suzy who’s for the first time experienced Jaejin’s intensity somehow became speechless all throughout. Jaejin on the other hand sang his heart out. Somehow singing the words he want to tell her is easier to do.

As the song near it’s end, everyone began to turn silent and observed the two people who were like living in their own world. They were all smiles. The boys knew Jaejin doing great and the girls knew that Suzy’s beginning to like Jaejin too.

After Jaejin sang the last words, a moment a silence then everyone erupted. The girls ran to Suzy screaming and shook her because she was still speechless but she was wearing a very lovely smile in her face.

The boys then went to Jaejin and hugged him. But the two were still in their own world. Jaejin and Suzy were still looking at each.

Somehow Suzy freed herself from the girls and walked towards Jaejin. Everyone was silent again. Jaejin was still looking at her smiling. Suzy then much to everyone’s surprise, kissed Jaejin on the cheeks making everyone gape at her then she said, “Whoever this girl is Oppa, she’s very lucky to have you like her. Honestly, I’m jealous of her.”

 

 

A/N: Hi everyone I'm back. Sorry if it took me a month to update. I was very busy lately doing my kids project. I hope you will like this chapter. Thank you everyone who gave their comments and for still supporting this fic even if it's taking a long time to update.

BTW, heres the song that Jaejin sang in this chapter. This video is from one of FT's concert in Japan. I think this is the concert where Jaejin sang almost half of FT's songs since Hongki was sick when this concert happened. This is the first concert where FTTriple performed.