Yonghwa - Part 10

Playing Cupids

The moment FT Island landed on Japanese soil, Jaejin took out his phone and texted Sooyoung.

"Noona, we need to meet. There were new developments and you guys should know about it especially Yoona noona."

"Ok. If it's ok with you let's meet today. Today's our only free time."

"Ok just text me where your hotel is. Hongki hyung and I will go there and let's have dinner at the same time."

Sooyoung texted Jaejin the hotel where SNSD is staying at the moment. It was a good thing that both groups are in Tokyo that day. She was so anxious to hear any developments for they too need to tell guys something.

Two hours later, Sooyoung, Yoona, Jaejin and Hongki were dining in the hotels restaurant. They requested for a private place so that no one can bother them and at the same time they would be able to discuss important matters. After dinner Sooyoung asked, "So what happened? Any developments?"

"Step 1 and Step 2 were very successful" Hongki began. "Hyung is now officially jealous with our Jaejin here. He even can't help himself but ask Jaejin how close he and Seohyun are. Everytime we mention Jaejin and Seohyuns relationship his ear would turn so red with anger and he can't seem to think clearly. How about Seohyun, you guys have any news?"

Yoona looked at Sooyoung. Sooyoung nodded to her in response. "I think we need to work faster. As you can see right after WGM Seohyun's fanboys increased. On the first month we would always see her looking at her phone as if waiting for some important message to arrive. Hyoyeon even said that sometimes she would hear her sobbing when she thinks that Hyo's sleeping."

"I know about that. She told me she misses hyung." Jaejin added. That's why I decided to help in the first place. She's just waiting for him to confess."

"That's true," Yoona said. "But lately, she's been very different. If before she was aloof with boys, now..."Yoona again looked at Sooyoung, "now it looks like she hates men in general." Continued Sooyoung. "Jaejin, you're the only guy she talks to. She even avoids boys in SM. That's what Yuri means by something seems off with her. She just didn't tell you coz you guys just started with your promotions and she doesn't want to burden you."

Hongki who was listening intently with Sooyoungs knew that they really need to act fast. "Then we need to act fast. We need to make an opportunity for hyung and Seohyun to meet. According to Jonghyun, hyung confessed his love for Seohyun last night him. He said he was really depressed and even said that he would be the happiest man if Seohyun would smile at him again. That's how much he loves her."

"Then how do we make them meet?" Hongki looked at Jaejin when Yoona asked the question and decided to tell her what he did. "Yoona, do you remember you told me that you will do anything to make her happy?"

"Yes."

"Do you agree with me that only hyung can make her happy now?"

"Yes." 

"Actually," Hongki hesitated. He knows Yoona can get really loud when she's mad so he braced himself "last night we dropped a bomb on Yonghwa hyung. We told him that someone in our group likes you and he asked us to help him get closer to you. I told hyung that this friend of ours asked me to help him since I'm close with Heechul hyung and since he was also close to Seohyun maybe he and Jaejin would work with Seohyun to get closer to you."

"Ok. Go on. There's more to this." Yoona said simply. She thought that it's not such a big deal. 

"It's like a mission within a mission. Jaejin would suggest that Seohyun help him to set-up a date with you and our friend. Of course hyung will join them and Sooyoung too so that it will appear as it's a group date. Then on the date day, Jaejin will let hyung see how close he is to Seohyun and you on the other hand has to act as if you're enjoying you're date so that it can again happen." Hongki finally said.

"So you mean, I would need to act as if I also like this friend of yours?" Yoona thought that what Hongki was asking is as easy as eating pie.

"Exactly."

"So who is this friend of yours that's supposed to like me?" Yoona then saw Hongki and Jaejin looked at each other. She then realized that it may not be as easy as she thinks. "Who is this friend?" She asked again.

"It's Jonghyun hyung" answered Jaejin.

Suddenly all Yoona stood up and her face got so red and shouted "WHAT? No way. I'm not doing this. Over your dead body Hongki. You know how I hate his guts."

"But noona you said you would do anything to help us. Please help us."

"Can't you just choose another friend to like me? I don't think I can act cutely when I'm with that grinch."

"We can't change it. We already told hyung that Jonghyun likes you. Just a bear with it until hyung confesses to Seohyun."

"Sit down Yoona." Ordered Sooyoung. "I personally thinks that it's a good idea. It will give them an opportunity to meet. Just it up. We're doing this for Seohyun."

Yoona was still fuming mad. She really wants to hit Hongki at that time but Sooyoung was right. They need to act fast now or else Seohyun would hate men for the rest of her life. "Fine. I'll do it. But never ever think that I'll be enjoying even one second of those 'dates.' It's a good thing I'm an actress."

"Thank you. You're really a good friend." Hongki told Yoona. "Now we need to talk to Seohyun. Yoona can you go up and call her. Tell her you saw Jaejin and Sooyoung here. We need to start now."

"Fine. I'll be leaving then." Yoona was about to leave when Sooyoung said, "Don't tell Seohyun that Hongki's here too. She might not come down if she knows that Hongki is also here."

Yoona just nodded and left. 

As soon as Yoona entered their room, Yoona looked for Seohyun. She found him reading a book and she called her. "Hyunnie!"

Seohyun suddenly looked up and smiled "Yes unnie, what is it."

"Guess who I saw talking to Sooyoung at the hotel's restaurant?"

"Who?"

"Jaejin"

"Really? Yuri unnie!"

"Sshhhhh. I think she's sleeping." The older girl said. "Just go. I don't think he'd stay that long."

"Unnie I just go downstairs. Tell them I'm with Sooyoung unnie. Thanks unnie."

With that Seohyun ran downstairs and went to the restaurant. As soon as she saw her friend she called out "Jinnie-ah!"

Jaejin looked at his friend and smiled to her. Hongki then realized that truly these two young ones are really close. He saw Seohyun ran towards Jaejin and was a bit shocked when she hugged her friend. It seems with all the excitement she wasn't able to notice Hongki.

"How are you? I really missed you." Seohyun said.

Jaejin just smiled. A bit relieved that she was still behaving the same way with him. "Joohyun, I believe you know Hongki hyung." Hongki then stood up and bowed to the girl. Seohyun also bowed to him but rather coldly. Hongki noticed that she's treating him and Jaejin differently. It seems she's disgusted with him. He thought it would make Yonghwa try harder to crack her up.

When they all sat down, the atmosphere was very awkward. Hongki knew he needs to do something so he signalled to Jaejin to start with their task.

"Joohyun, I need you and Sooyoung noona to help us."

"What is it?"

"You know Jonghyun hyung of CN Blue right?"

"Of course I know him. What about him?"

Hongki decided to take part on the conversation. He needs to somehow make a connection with her to make things easier to succeed. "It seems our Jonghyun likes you Yoona."

Seohyun can't believe what she heard. "What? Jonghyun oppa likes unnie? But how? I mean, I never thought he would be able to like someone other than his guitars."

Hongki laughed at her comment. Truly this girl knows everything about CN Blue. "But he really does. He even asked me and Jaejin to help him get closer to Yoona. We thought hard and decided to help him for this is a once in a lifetime event, imagine our Jonghyun liking a girl more that his guitar."

Everyone laughed. Sooyoung was observing Seohyun. It seems she's also warming up to Hongki and she gotta gave it to that guy. He's really quite charming.

"So what do you want us to do?" Asked Sooyoung pretending to not know anything.

"We would want you guys to set-up events so that the two will meet and let Jonghyun woo your friend."

"But Hongki-ssi," Sooyoung was so into the act that she became formal with Hongki again. "No need to be formal, we're just the same age. Is it ok if we use banmal?" "Okay Hongki."

"As I was saying, Hongki, how can you assure us that Jonghyun is a good guy?"

"Unnie, I can vouch for him. He's really a nice guy." Sooyoung and the boys didn't expect for Seohyun to say that. It seems that when It comes to CN Blue, she's letting her guard down and this made them happy.

"Joohyun, there's more." Jaejin then tooked his friends hand and squeezed it. Seohyun then looked at him.

"Yonghwa hyung is also helping us on this."

Seohyun then took his hands away from Jaejin. Hongki knew he needs to do something coz it seems like Seohyun's about to bolt when she heard Yonghwa's name. "Why Seohyun? Is there something wrong if hyung help us? I believe you two got really close in WGM."

Sooyoung then looked at Seohyun too as if agreeing with Hongki. Seohyun realized that she can't let them know that Yonghwa still has an effect on her, that Yonghwa is the cause of her sudden change. "No it's ok. There's no problem. I think we will need all the help we can get."

"So it's settled then. This is what we will do."

 

That afternoon in Seoul.

"Hyung! Jungshin called out to Jonghyun.

"What?" Asked Jonghyun irritably.

"I have some good news."

Yonghwa who just arrived heard what Jungshin just said. "What's the good news?"

"It's a go. Seohyun and Sooyoung noona agreed to help us make Jonghyun hyung get closer to Yoona noona."

"Oh crap." Jonghyun told himself.

"At last." Yonghwa told himself.

 

**************************************

A/N: Thank you to all you people who subscribed to my story. Please keep those comments coming. I really love hearing from you guys.