Vol. 2 Chap. 4 "Jonghyun"

Playing Cupids

 

The secretary led them inside a very elegant room. Inside it, a man was sitting in his chair with his back on them while talking on the phone.

“Yes they’re finally here... I know... Thank you for understanding my situation... I owe you a lot for this... I know... Okay... Thank you again.” They heard the man said on the phone. The man finally faced them and Jonghyun can’t believe it, he’s face to face with Lee Sooman, president of SM Entertainment one of the biggest talent agency in whole of South Korea. He and his manager bowed out respect. “I’m Park Junghee, manager of CN Blue, it’s a pleasure to finally meet you Mr. President.” He heard his manager say. “Lee Jonghyun of CN Blue, pleasure to meet you Mr. President.” He said.

“The pleasure is all mine. Have a seat.” The big man said motioning him and his manager to sit. They obliged and waited for the President to get himself comfortable in his seat.

“Lee Jonghyun-ssi, maybe you’re asking why I asked your manager to bring you here today.” The man asked him and just nodded in response.

“Well first off, I would like to thank you for saving Yoona two days ago. It’s a constant problem that we need to deal with everyday especially now that SNSD is getting more and more popular. Thank you very much.”

“It’s okay sir. It’s just helping a fellow artist and since she’s a sister of Seohyun-ssi, it’s no biggie sir.” Jonghyun told the president confidently knowing the president knows about the relationship of Seohyun and Yonghwa.

“It’s a good thing Seohyun called Yonghwa and you guys went there. It so happen that their manager went home to visit his family. We didn’t expect this to happen especially inside their school and this brings me to the main reason why I asked you to come here.” The president gave Jonghyun a meaningful look. Jonghyun can’t seem to break their eye contact. He knew something big is about to happen.

“I have a very big request to ask you and I hope you’d be able to grant it.” Mr. Lee Sooman said.

“As long as it’s beyond my capabilities sir, I’d be happy to do it.” He politely answered.

“I want you to continue to pretend that you and Yoona are in a relationship.”

“Pardon sir? Did I really hear you asking me to pretend to be Yoona-ssi’s boyfriend?” He asked the older man.

“Yes I did ask you that. I even discussed this with your company’s president and he said it’s okay with him if it’s okay with you. Think of this as an opportunity, Yoona is one of the famous members of SNSD. This relationship will be publicized and it will be a good exposure for you. I believe you’re the least busy member in your group, Yonghwa and Minhyuk are both casted in a drama while Jungshin is busy with variety shows. This can be your chance to shine.” The president told him.

“So you mean to say sir that I will use Yoona’s popularity to become more popular?” He asked the president.

“Something like that.”

“What did Yoona thought about this plan of yours sir?”

“I haven’t told her yet. I want to get your approval first before I tell her. Don’t worry about her, she’s a very obedient girl and she’ll understand that this is for her.”

“But why me sir? With all due respect, but you do have a lot of talents that would love to pretend to be Yoona-ssi’s boyfriend.”

“Because you already told the stalker that you’re Yoona’s boyfriend. Based on the info I got, he’s one smart stalker, we can’t just send him to jail. He’s too careful with his actions plus I was impressed with the way you protected Yoona. You have a good head my friend, you came out of that situation with the least damages you can make.”

Jonghyun became silent. He thought about the offer of Lee Sooman. He knew that it really is a good opportunity to become more famous but still using someone to become famous is a bit off to him. “Who else knows about this?”

“I told Seohyun about this. It was Seohyun who told me what happened to Yoona two days ago. The girl was so scared for her unnie, that’s why she told me about it and this is the solution I formulated. I just hope you’d be able to help us.”

“Can you give me more time to think about this sir?”

“Okay but please have your decision two days from now.”

“Yes sir.”

 

Jonghyun kept on playing in his head what just happened earlier. Lee Sooman asked him to be Yoona’s boyfriend. Imagine that. Then his phone rang and saw Seohyun calling him.

“Oppa”

“Seohyun, did you really call the right number?”

“Yes oppa, I’m calling you and not Yong oppa. Where are you right now?”

“I just finished my meeting with your president, I’m on my way back to the dorm.”

“Oppa can we meet? I want to talk to you about it too.”

“Okay, where do you want us to meet?”

“Can you pick me up right now?”

“Where are you right now?”

“I’m at our dorm.”

“Okay, I’ll be there in 15 minutes. Will you be ready by then?”

“Okay, I’ll wait for you by the door.”

Fifteen minutes later the van of CNBlue stopped in front of SNSD dorm and Seohyun went inside the van.

“So where do you want us to go.” Asked Jonghyun

“Can we go visit oppa and Minhyuk today?”

“Hyung,” he asked his manager “can we go visit Yong hyung and Minhyuk today?”

“I think we can do that. They’re filming on a private location right now, no fans are allowed to go and watch the filming. It will be safe for you guys.” The manager told Seohyun and Jonghyun.

 “Jonghyun oppa, can you put your arms around my shoulders when we’re in front of oppa?”

“What? Do you want hyung to kill me? You know how jealous he can get!”

“That’s why I want you to do it. I want to see him jealous. He’s cute when he’s jealous. I promise I will take responsibility and will protect you from his wrath.”

“I don’t know Seohyun, you’re asking too much. I don’t want to die just yet.”

“Oppa please! Just this one time and I will never ask you to do this again and you do owe me remember with your Get Yonghwa To Confess project.”

“Fine. Just promise me that hyung will not kill me. Okay?”

“I promise. Thank you oppa.”

After an hour of travel they finally arrived at Heartstrings filming site. Seohyun and Jonghyun went to see where Yonghwa is. They saw him resting under a tree and Seohyun signalled Jonghyun to be quiet. Jonghyun just smiled at his friend. He then put his arms around Seohyun. As soon as they were in front of Yonghwa they pretended to enjoy the scenery.

“Oppa! Look at that! It’s too pretty! Thank you for bringing me here.” Seohyun said a bit loudly so Yonghwa would hear them.

Suddenly Jonghyun felt his hands being pulled away from Seohyun and he saw the Hulk revived again from his long sleep. “Get your hands away from my girl!” Yonghwa said.

Jonghyun and Seohyun then laughed hard. Yonghwa was confused. Seohyun then went to him and placed a kiss on his lips making Yonghwa’s anger simmer down. “Oppa! I miss this jealous Yong.” Seohyun said in between kisses.

Yonghwa then pulled away from Seohyun “You mean you planned to do that?” Seohyun just nodded and Jonghyun laughed again.

“Hyung, I asked her not to do this coz I know you’d get very mad but she begged me so I obliged. Hehehehe. Forgive us hyung?” Jonghyun said.

Yonghwa then looked at his girlfriend and said, “I’ll forgive you if you will kiss me again.”

“With pleasure.” Seohyun then kissed her boyfriend full on the lips. Jonghyun was getting uncomfortable because the kiss is getting hot. He tried to clear his throat but the two didn’t seem to hear him just them MInhyuk came and saw what’s happening. “Can you please get a room? Someone might see you.”

Seohyun broke the kiss and was embarrassed. She didn’t know what took over her. Yonghwa saw her embarrassment, laughed and hugged his girl tight.

“So what brings you two here?” Minhyuk asked.

“Well, earlier today I had a meeting with Lee Sooman of SM Entertainment.” Jonghyun told his friends.

“For real? Why? Are they asking you to jump ship? Are they forming a band too?” Yonghwa asked Jonghyun.

“No oppa. He asked Jonghyun oppa to be Yoona unnies boyfriend.” Seohyun said.

“He what?” Asked Minhyuk.

“He asked me to continue to pretend as Yoona’s boyfriend. He told me he was thankful with what I did, that he already talked to our own president about it and got consent to do it as long as I agree with them. He even said that it would be publicized and it will give me more exposure since Yoona’s one of the famous members in SNSD.”

Yonghwa can’t believe what he just heard. “Is this true Hyun?” “Yes oppa, it’s very true.” “So what do you want to do Jonghyun?”

Jonghyun once again was silent. Seohyun then sat in front of him.”Oppa, can you please do it? I am begging you to please do it. If not for unnie do it for me. I know she won’t ask you to do this but I really think you can help us with this problem. You saw how scared she was that day. That was the first time I saw her break down like that.”

Jonghyun remembered what happened that day. He remember the look in Yoona’s eyes. He remembered how she cried in their living room. He remember the anger he felt that day.

“It’s up to you. You decide. We will support you with whatever decision you make. I know you, you will make the right decision.” Yonghwa told his friend.

“If I were you hyung, I’d take on the offer. Imagine, be Yoona’s boyfriend? You can hold her hand anytime, have dates with her and with the blessing of Lee Sooman himself.” Minhyuk said.

“Yah! You don’t know her. She’s a witch. Seohyun didn’t you tell Lee Sooman-ssi that Yoona and I don’t get along?” He asked Seohyun.

“But oppa, you two look good together. You compliment each other. She’s loud, you’re quiet. She’s very sociable and you’re a loner. Opposite attracts oppa.” Seohyun said.

“Aish this girl. Be thankful your hyung’s girl or else...”

“Or else what Jonghyun!” Yonghwa said sternly.

“Nothing.” Jonghyun decided to shut up.

Yonghwa, Seohyun and Minhyuk left Jonghyun under the tree to think alone. Jonghyun thought hard. He knew he can help Yoona with her problems but he really doesn’t want to use her to be famous. He felt he’s getting a headache then he saw Yonghwa’s guitar leaning against the tree. He took it and started to play.

 

After two days of thinking, he went back to SME’s office. As soon as he came face to face with Lee Sooman he said, “I agree to be Yoona’s boyfriend but I have two conditions.”

“And what are those?” Asked the president.

“I’ll be her boyfriend but I don’t want it to be publicized. I don’t want to use Yoona to become famous, I want to be famous based on my own efforts and not by using other people.”

Lee Sooman looked at the man in front of him with a renewed interest. This boy is different he told himself. “If we’re not publicizing it, how are we going to show the stalker that you two are together.”

“I’ll accompany her everytime I can.”

“For sure the media will see you two together, what will we do when that happens?”

“We’d be really careful so that the media won’t find out about it but when that happens, you can tell that we’re in a relationship but you will have to make sure that it won’t be a big deal.”

“And how is that possible when Yoona’s very famous?”

“I really don’t know but I trust you that you’d do your part when that happens.”

Lee Sooman can’t believe what he’s hearing, is this man making demands at him? Does he know who he is? But he’s very intrigued with this boy.

“Okay fine, I will try my best not to make it too much of a big deal. Buy why are you doing this?”

“I was there remember. I saw how scared Yoona was. I saw how she cried in our living room. I don’t like seeing someone like that. I just want to help Yoona and I do owe Seohyun a lot and this is one of my payments.” He told the president.

“And what is your second condition?”

“This act will end as soon as the stalker issue is resolved.”

Lee Sooman looked at the young man in front of him. He knew he’s one special man. He’s not someone who takes advantage of people and only a few people who’s like that in the business.

“Okay, it’s a deal then. Yoona, you can come out now.” He called out.

Jonghyun was kinda surprised when Yoona came out inside the room. Yoona then said “Hello dimples!”

“Yah don’t call me that witch!”

Lee Sooman was shocked with the exchange then Jonghyun suddenly said, “And by the way sir you might regret pairing us up, honestly I don’t know how we can fool the stalker when Yoona and I hate each others guts.”

 

A/N: Yehey!!! I was able to update tonight. I know it's quite confusing but I really don't want Jonghyun to appear as someone who takes advantage of others. 

Guys thank you for all your comments. I think this chapter lacks something, but still I hope you'd like it. Please subscribe and be vocal. Tell me your wish!!! hehehehe. Tell me how I can improve the story...