Seunghyun - A Day at the Mall

Playing Cupids

As an idol, going out in public would mean chaos once a fan sees you. But going out in public to spy on a fellow idol would mean having highly acquired skills, skills that paparazzi would pay millions just to acquire. But being in the industry for 8 years, such skills are developed in order for them to enjoy life like normal people.

The truth was, these idols can just change their faces whenever they want to have some privacy. A face that only they can recognize. How? Korean plastic surgery clinics would make them prosthetics that can change their faces that would look very normal. For example, Hongki’s alter ego is a bald man with thick eyebrows and mustache. Jaejin’s alter ego is a man with beard, crooked nose, and big glasses. Minhwan’s alter ego is a fat woman (since his height is quite small and he has big arms from drumming). Jonghoon’s alter ego is a caucasian man with long blond hair and a very big nose. Seunghyuns’ alter ego is a geek student. He would wear his backpack, big glasses and his face would have lots of pimples (of course, those were just make-ups).

Every time they go out, Minhwan would always go with Jonghoon and Seunghyun. They would pose as a family. Jaejin and Hongki would go together and act like best buddies who always drinks.

On that fateful day when they were spying on Seunghyun, the boys were ready. They were planning on it for over a month. Hongki had taken it upon himself to go to a plastic surgery clinic to acquire new disguises that Seunghyun won’t be able to recognize. Minhwan could just laugh at his hyung’s antics since he already knows who the girl is. But still, it’s a free disguise so he told Hongki that he would join the fun.

Jonghoon’s role was to borrow Yuri’s new car so that Seunghyun won’t know that they were following him. Jaejin’s assignment was to acquire earpieces, one for each of them. It was as if they were super spies but all in all they were having fun, a very expensive kind of fun.

Minhwan has no assignments, but he begged his hyung’s to let him join. He knows how fun these hyungs can be especially when they are on their crazy moods.

 

Poor Seunghyun, he has no idea what’s really happening. He was so innocent that he never knew his hyungs would go that far just to know the identity of the girl that he likes. But lately for some reason, Hongki kept on pestering him who the girl is especially when he knew that she’s from FNC. It was as if he was uneasy about something.

He was also wearing a new disguise that day. A disguise that Hongki gave him for his birthday. He was so thankful because he was really planning to buy a new one. He did bought a new one, but it was for a girl, for her, the one that he likes.

“Oppa you’re finally here.” She said. She gave him a friendly kiss and hugged him.

“Here you go.” He said giving her the disguises. “Go wear it, so that we can go and buy your stuff.” He said. The girl took it and she was so happy. It’s her first set of disguises and she was so excited.

After a while, she came out wearing it and it was so effective that even Seunghyun was not able to recognize her at first. He only realized that it was her because of her outfit which she didn’t change. He gave her an approved sign and brought her to his car.

Unfortunately for the spies, there were only able to see the girl in disguise already. They were so frustrated since they need to get closer to Seunghyun now so that they can at least listen to her voice and hopefully be able to recognize her from that. Minhwan can only just laugh much to the annoyance of his hyungs.

So, they made their plans.

Plan A: Jaejin will bump into them in the mall. When the girl says sorry, then it’s game over. He would definitely know who she is.

Plan B: Jonghoon will spill his drink on her. If she reacts, he would definitely know who she is.

Plan C: Hongki will act as an advertiser of a particular hotdog. When she says thanks, then it’s game over.  

Minhwan can just laugh at his hyungs craziness. He knew it, it would be really fun.

 

Plan A.

Seunghyun then accompanied her to buy dresses in a boutique. While they were looking for a dress, a woman with very heavy make-up bumped into them. The woman’s bag was about to fall when, thanks to Seunghyuns fast reflexes, he was able to get it before it fell on the floor. He gave it to woman and she thanked him for it. She was looking at his girl. His girl that time was bowing to her in apology. He then also apologized to her and left the woman.

“That woman looked familiar.” Seunghyun said.

“You’re right oppa. She looked like Jaejin’s omma.” She said.

 

Plan B.

Seunghyun decided to buy some drinks since they’ve been walking around for almost two hours now. As they were buying their drinks, an obese man who bought a lot a drinks began to wobble. Seunghyun knew something bad is going to happen so he immediately went in front of her and even before the man falls down he was able to get the drinks that he was carrying, give it to her to hold and help the man regain his balance.

The man bowed to them and said thank you. He took the drinks from her and somehow stared at her but she just bowed to him so he wasn’t able to take a good look on her.

The man left with his drinks somehow looking defeated.

“That man’s voice is like Jonghoon hyung’s.” Seunghyun told himself.

 

Plan C.

While Seunghyun and his crush was walking around the mall, a middle aged woman suddenly appeared before them.

“Would you try our product?” She said.

Seunghyun out of respect, took two. He gave one to her and one for him. It was good. So he took another one.

“Do you like it Agassi?” She asked his companion.

She then nodded her head and just gave her a thumbs up. Then she and Seunghyun left.

 

Minhwan was getting smacked for the third time now. But he didn’t mind because he’s having so much fun. All plans were big failures. Jaejin was able to hear a single word from her but he’s definitely sure that she’s not Hyejeong.

Jonghoon was so mad at Seunghyun’s fast reflexes and the only thing that her disguise is really good for he has no idea who she is.

Hongki was more frustrated than ever now. He has been calling his girlfriend for hours now and she’s not answering.

 

Just then Minhwan received a call. He then smiled at what he seems to hear and ended the call. He then said, “It’s time for Plan D.”

 

Minhwan then brought them to a restaurant. This time they took off their heavy disguises and just wore hoodies, caps, sunglasses and some masks. Minhwan brought them to a very private restaurant. A restaurant where you can have privacy by having your own room but those rooms can be divided into bigger ones or smaller ones, depending on how many you are in your group. He then instructed the waiter to bring them to one and reserved the other room beside theirs.

As they were ushered in the room, Hongki noted that Minhwan made a small opening between the two rooms. Big enough to see who is in the other room then suddenly the door to the other room opened and much to the hyung’s surprise, it was Seunghyun and the girl.

They almost gave away everything for they were quite noisy when Jonghoon motioned them to be silent. Jaejin at the bottom, Hongki on top of him and Jonghoon at the very top. Minhwan was just enjoying the food that they ordered.

Seunghyun then one by one took of his disguise. But the boys on the other room weren’t paying attention on him. They had their eyes glued to the girl who was also beginning to take off her disguise. In a few minutes, the hyungs began to gasp when they realized who the girl really was. They slowly went back to their place and began to eat silently for they were eavesdropping on the conversation.

 

“Do you think he would notice me if I were these dresses oppa?” She asked.

“I honestly don’t know. You know him, he has very extreme sense of style. Maybe?” He said with disappointment on his voice.

“Oppa, please help me get his attention!” She said full of aegyo.

“I don’t want to.” He said.

“Why not? Please oppa you really need to help me. I asked you to go with me so that you can help me find the dresses that he would definitely notice.” She said truthfully, hurting him with every words.

“You looked pretty with every dresses that we bought.” He countered.

“For you I looked pretty. Do you think he would find me pretty too?” She asked full of hope.

He then looked at her. He was so sad since, it’s not him that he likes. She’s been crushing on his hyung for the longest time. But thankfully his hyung is not paying attention to her.

“I think you should get it in your head that he just looks at you as a dongsaeng.” He said truthfully too.

“But I think I’m more special than them. He even kissed me in front of everyone in that concert.” She said making Seunghyun remember that hateful day.

“He was just doing it for show and it only shows that he’s that comfortable with you. Don’t put too much on it. You’ll just get hurt in the end.” He said, knowing that he’s hurting her with those words.

“I really hate you right now, oppa.” She then stood up, walked out of the room, leaving all her disguises. He also ran up to her. And hurriedly brought her to his car, and brought her home.

 

The boys on the other room looked at Minhwan. Minhwan was now sweating. He knows that if he don’t answer the questions that’s coming, he would get hurt, physically.

“Who are they talking about?” Jaejin asked.

“Think Jaejin hyung. Think about their conversation. The answer is there.” Minhwan said as he was putting another chicken leg in his mouth.

Jonghoon then understood the whole conversation that took place. “It was you Hongki.” He suddenly said.

Hongki looked at him confused. “Me? Why me?”

“Remember the FNC Kingdom concert? We had band collaborations then right? When you had your collaboration, Seunghyun and I were in the backstage. While you were singing “I Wish” he got mad at some point and all the fans began to scream. I looked at the stage but nothing seems to be out of place. Then I heard Jimin said, “He kissed her. Daebak!” Then when the video was released as I was watching your collaboration stage, I saw that you kissed Juniel on the stage. It was you Hongki. You kissed Juniel that day in front of everyone.”

 

A/N: I was to update finally. I hope there are still readers of this fanfic.