Vol. 2 Chap. 12 "Jonghyun"

Playing Cupids

 

Yoona stared the man in front of her. He stopped when they were at arms length distance. Yoona tried so hard to act brave. The man stared at her from head to foot smiling as if seeing something very tempting. Yoona knew that running will be useless. She knew she must use her head to buy some time long enough for someone to notice that she was gone.

“I didn’t know you’d find me here? How did you pass all the security?” She asked the man.

“Baby you don’t know half of what I can do especially when it concerns you.” The man began to caress Yoona’s face. “Did you miss me? I was waiting for the right moment to appear to you. I didn’t want to talk with that man who claims you as his girlfriend. I know you’d come to your senses soon and now that he’s nowhere in sight I can show you how much I love you.” The man then kissed the cheeks he was caressing earlier.  Yoona was really scared now but she tried to keep still, her intuition told her that provoking this man would make him more aggressive. She needs to play along.

“Is it true? Do you really love me?” She tried her best to sound calm though her heart is about to burst and even tried to smile at the man.

“Yes. I love you. I’d do anything for you. Just tell me what you want and I’ll give it to you.” The man said as he continued to kiss Yoona’s face. Yoona’s tears began to fall and the man felt it, he stopped from kissing her and looked at her. “Baby, why the tears? Are you scared of me?”

“Yes, I’m really scared right now.” Yoona said honestly.

The man began to cup her face, smiled and said, “Don’t be. I will be very gentle with you. I love you, I will never hurt you.”

“If you really love me, will you let me go?”

The smile was lost on the man’s face. “Baby, ask me anything except for that. Now that we are finally together, I will never let you go. You’re mine Im Yoona, mine alone.” The man’s grip on Yoona’s hands began to tighten and Yoona began to grimace. “Please stop you’re hurting me.” Yoona cried.

The man suddenly lighten his hold and hugged Yoona, “I’m sorry baby, I didn’t mean to hurt you.” Yoona started to cry hysterically, she can’t control herself anymore, she’s at her limit, “Please, please let me go. Please let me go, please let me go.” She said over and over again while trying to free herself from the man’s embrace.

The man only tighten his hold on her and said “Never will I let you go again. Never again. You’re mine. No one will have you but me.” Yoona felt her knees give in. “Please I beg you, let me go.” She began to shout, and the man began to drag her. “I will never love you.” She cried at the man. The man stopped dragging her and when he faced her Yoona saw his pained reaction. “Don’t say that!” the man ordered. “You will love me and only me!” the man was losing his control and Yoona realized it. “I will never love for I love someone else!” Yoona shouted at the man.

“You don’t love him.” The man denied.

“Oh yes I love him. You’re nowhere near him. I will never love anyone except him. You can take my body but my heart will always belong to him!” she cried hysterically. The man raised his hand to hit her, Yoona closed her eyes and waited for the pain to come but then she felt someone pushed the man away from her. She opened her eyes and saw Jonghyun fighting with the man. She then felt someone hold her arm, she turned and saw that it was Hongki.

“Hongki, please help Jonghyun, he might get hurt.” Yoona begged her friend.

Hongki just smiled but still kept a look out on Jonghyun. “Don’t worry, he can take care of himself, I just don’t know what will happen with that man though.” Hongki was really nervous not because Jonghyun might get hurt but he’s nervous because he saw the murderous rage in Jonghyun’s eyes.

“You will never touch my Yoona ever again!” Jonghyun shouted at the man as they squared off with each other.

The man smiled wickedly, “I love how soft her skin felt and when I kissed her it was like heaven.” The man said making Jonghyun’s anger reach it’s limit. Jonghyun then lounged at the man, and pinned him to the sand. He began hitting the man’s face over and over until he felt someone hugged him. “Please Jonghyun stop. Don’t kill him. He’s had enough.” Yoona cried behind Jonghyun.

Hongki began to push Jonghyun away from the man, “that’s enough Jonghyun. Go, comfort Yoona now.” They then heard sirens signalling that the police had come. Jonghyun released the man and hugged Yoona tightly. He began to kiss her face saying “I’m sorry, I’m really sorry,” over and over in between kisses.

“It’s okay. I’m fine now. You’re here. You saved me.” Yoona said and hugged Jonghyun back.

All the members of SNSD, CNBlue and FTIsland came as soon as they heard the sirens. The girls ran to Yoona and everyone gave her a hug. The boys came up to Jonghyun and patted his shoulders. Soon the police came and took the man with them as soon as they put him inside the car, Yoona broke away from her friends and went to the man. Jonghyun saw she asked the police to have a word with the man. He saw her talking with the man and the man looked at him with all the anger in his whole being. Yoona then walked towards him and gave him the sweetest smile.

As soon as the police were gone, the group decided to head back to their respective cottages. The girls began to ask Yoona the details of what happened that night. They were all crying when Yoona finished her story. “At least he’d be gone for good now unnie.” Seohyun told Yoona.

“So what happens to you and Jonghyun now?” Yuri asked her. Yoona just smiled. She excused herself telling them she wants time alone. She went out of the cottage and took a walk along the beach. Soon she found herself by the swing and decided to sit there.

“I know you’d be here.” Yoona then turned around and found Jonghyun standing behind her.

“Do you want to have a sit?” Yoona said motioning the free space beside her.

“Can I?” Jonghyun asked back.

“Please do.” Yoona answered and Jonghyun sat beside her but she felt that he put a distance between them.

“Do you think he’d be gone for good?” Yoona asked.

“Yes.” Jonghyun said while staring at the sea in front of them.

“Would my testimony be enough as proof? It will be my word against him.”

“Don’t worry we have enough evidence to put him in jail for good.” He answered. “Yoona I’m really sorry. I was there the whole time. I saw everything he did to you.” Yoona then looked at him disbelievingly. He was still staring at the sea and continued, “I would’ve prevented him from doing all those despicable things to you but Hongki told me not to. He recorded everything that happened. He told me we need to get the proof to put him to jail. I hate myself for letting him do all those things to you. I’m really really sorry.” Yoona saw tears fell from his eyes. “I would understand if you will never forgive me ever. I will tell the president that we can now drop the act, I’ll face the media, I’ll take all the blame, you don’t have to worry about it. Though I can’t promise you to completely avoid you since we’re in the same business but I will try my best so that you won’t have to see me ever again. Bye Yoona.”

Jonghyun then stood up without looking at her and began walking away from her with tears in his eyes.

“Do you know what I told him when I went to him just before the police took him away?” Yoona said stopping Jonghyun by holding on to his wrist. She too left the swing, walked in front of him and looked at his eyes. “I thanked him. You know why?” Jonghyun shook his head, “Because if it weren’t for him,” Yoona then put her arms around his neck, “I wouldn’t have Lee Jonghyun, the man I know I love with all my heart.” She then pulled him towards her kissed him on the lips.

Jonghyun pulled back his head and looked Yoona in the eyes. “You really love me? For real?”

Yoona smiled at his silly question, nodded and kissed him again. Jonghyun again broke away from the kiss, “You sure? You’re really sure?” Yoona laughed and kissed him again. Jonghyun again tried to pull his head away from her but this time she won’t let him.

 

At the break of dawn, Jonghyun decided to walk Yoona back to their cottage. “How did you know where to find me last night?” Yoona asked as they were walking.

“Remember Hongki told you earlier that I told him not to let you out of his sight. As soon as you went out of the cottage, he was actually tailing you. He called me up telling me that you’re looking for me. I decided to go back. When I was about to call you, I saw the man walking towards you, I began to ran but Hongki saw me and stopped me. He told me to control myself and that we need to get the evidence. I almost killed Hongki when the man started kissing you. But he said that this is all for you. I knew he was right but still, I can’t forgive myself for making you go through that.”

Yoona stopped walking and made Jonghyun look at her. “Thank you for saving me. Though I can’t say I enjoyed one bit of that man’s kisses, I understand what you two did was for the greater good and I love you for that. But is it okay with you to have a girlfriend who was kissed by that dirty man?”

Jonghyun stared at Yoona’s eyes and saw that the girl was dead serious. “Can I try to erase that memory from you?” He then started to caress her face as did the man earlier. Yoona at first stiffened at his touch but eventually relaxed. His touch was too wonderful compared to the man. Yoona began to close her eyes just enjoying the way Jonghyun was touching caressing her face. Then she felt his lips touch her cheeks softly, he began kissing her cheeks, her eyes, her nose, her chin and when he kissed the skin under her ears, she began to gasp and Jonghyun smiled when he heard it. He continued to kiss every inch of her face except for her lips. Much to Yoona’s disappointment she felt the kisses stopped. She slowly opened her and eyes and found Jonghyun was trying to hold his laugh.

“You really enjoyed me kissing you huh?” Jonghyun teased. Yoona’s face turned red because of embarrassment and anger. She began to walk away from him, she heard him laugh and she walked faster. She didn’t notice that Jonghyun stopped laughing, she was too mad to care but then she felt herself being pulled and suddenly felt his lips crushed onto hers. She began to struggle but Jonghyun held her firm. He kissed and lips but she’s not making it easier for him. She stopped struggling but she pursed her lips tightly. Jonghyun can’t help but laugh at Yoona’s stubbornness. He surprised her when he hugged her tightly. “Yoona, I just love everything about you. Even you at your most stubborn moment, I love you. He then looked at her eyes and soon she was smiling back at him.

“Do we really have to go back now? I’m not a bit sleepy. I want to stay with you more.” Yoona whined.

“Wanna go back to our swing?” Jonghyun asked and Yoona nodded happily.

The couple together watched the sun rise. Yoona sat in between Jonghyun’s leg and Jonghyun’s hugging her from behind. Yoona rested her head on Jonghyun’s chest while Jonghyun kisses her hair over and over again. “I love you Lee Jonghyun.” Yoona said as her eyes began to close.

 

Yoona’s eye open and the first thing she saw was Jonghyun’s handsome sleeping face. She then realized that she’s sleeping on a bed beside her boyfriend in a room that’s not hers. She slowly got up carefully so that she won’t wake up her boyfriend. She fixed his fringes that fell on his eyes. She yet again realized how good looking her boyfriend really was and smiled at the thought. She then slowly got out of the bed and scanned the room. It was simple yet elegant. She saw several guitars and knew that she’s in Jonghyun’s room. She got out of bed and looked around. She saw his pictures when he was still a young boy. She took one picture and put it inside her pocket. “Stealing is prohibited in this room.” She heard him say. She then turned around and ran back to him and sat beside him on the bed. “Please can I have this?” She asked him as she showed him the picture. “Why do you want this one? I have better pictures now and you want this one?”

“Yes, I want this particular one.”

“Why.”

“Because this is the real you. Not someone instructed to pose in a certain manner.”

“But you need to pay for that?”

“And what is that may I ask?”

“This.” Jonghyun began to pull Yoona again for a kiss when suddenly the door opened and Jonghyun felt himself being dragged away from the bed, away from Yoona.

“Yah Jonghyun, better get your lazy away from the bed and begin eating breakfast or rather lunch now. My Hyun is constantly nagging me to get you two out of this room so that you can eat your breakfast.” Yonghwa said. Yoona laughed and decided to follow the two boys.

Outside their friends began to congratulate and tease them for finally getting together. Jonghyun smiled proudly while putting his arms around her possessively. She gave them a shy smile but nevertheless she too is proud of him.

After eating lunch, the group decided to take a swim in the beach. Everyone was having fun. “Yoona then received a text message. “Hon, meet me by the swing.” Yoona then looked around and silently left the group and ran towards their swing.

Soon she reached him and sat beside him. “Why are you here? Why are you not joining in the fun?” she asked.

“They’re too noisy and I want you all to myself. Later I promise we will go back there but first I want to give you something.” Jonghyun then handed her a small box, Yoona opened it and saw a thin white gold chain with a small diamond heart. Jonghyun then took it and put it in her neck. “I saw this yesterday and bought it. I knew it would fit you perfectly. You’re at your best in your most simplest state and that’s when I love you the most.”

After a while the two decided to go back to their friends. As they were walking back they saw Jonghoon and Yuri emerge from the bushes. Both were looking flushed. Jonghyun and Yoona looked at each other and decided to let it go. Then they heard two people arguing, “Yah oppa! I told you not to drink coffee and you’re here trying to drink it secretly?” They laughed at what they heard and decided to check the two out.

“Hyung, why are drinking coffee again. You know it’s bad for you.” Jonghyun said teasing Yonghwa.

“Yah Jashik! Don’t add fuel to the fire!” Yonghwa shouted at him.

 

The day went by and everyone was dead tired at the end of the day. Just when everyone’s about to go to their respective rooms, Yoona stood up and said, “I’ll be claiming my prize tomorrow. Everyone be ready!” Everyone grunted in response. 

 

*****************************************

A/N: Finally the stalker is out of their lives. Yoona and Jonghyun are now together. I'm now torn between ending their story or go on a next phase for them. What do you guys think? Should I end their story or go on a next phase, at least extend their story for 5-7 chapters more? Do tell what you want. There's a hint here who the next couple would be.