Volume Seunghyun Chapter 3 "The Letter"

Playing Cupids

 

The night of the second attack, Hongki went back late that night. To his surprise, he saw Seunghyun waiting for him by his doorstep. Seunghyun stood up and Hongki said, “Why are you here? Aren’t you supposed to be sleeping right now? We have a lot to prepare for our comeback.”

Seunghyun then said, “Hyung, I can’t seem to rest. I kept on recalling what happened earlier.”

“Oh! You can’t seem to forget the kiss of your stalker?”

“How did you know about that hyung?”

“I saw everything. I even talked to your so-called stalker.”

“Who is she hyung? Tell me please. I really want to know who she is.”

Hongki then opened the door to his room and invited Seunghyun to come in. Seunghyun then automatically went to Hongki’s bed and hugged one of the stuffed toys that their fans gave Hongki.

“Hyung please tell me who she is.” He said while Hongki was changing to more comfortable clothes.

Hongki then sat down beside Seunghyun and said, “I can’t do that right now.”

“Why?”

“Because she’s still not ready to let you know who she is.”

“But hyung…”

“No! I won’t tell you who she is. But this I can tell you, she’s a good person, and she only did that because she really likes you.”

“I really can’t convince you to tell me?”

“No. She specifically asked me not to tell you. She said she wants to do it herself?”

Seunghyun then gave out a deep sigh. Hongki pitied the younger man. He then asked, “Aren’t you scared of her? If I were you I’d be freaked out.”

Seunghyun then thought about it and said. “I told you it’s weird but I’m not even scared one bit. If you really saw what happened earlier, you would know that I even respond to her kiss.”

“I really did saw that and believe me she was really happy about it.” Hongki then thought about it and then said, “Oh what the heck…” He then stood up and went and got his bag and took something inside it.

“I was supposed to give this to you tomorrow but I guess it won’t matter even if I give it to you tonight.” Hongki then handed him what seems like a letter.

Seunghyun was about to open it but Hongki said, “Can you please do it in your own room? I’m really really tired right now and I really want to sleep.”

Seunghyun then stood up from Hongki’s bed and bid him goodnight. He hurriedly went to his room and opened the letter.

Seunghyun,

First of all I’m sorry. Not that I’m sorry that I kissed you but I’m sorry for the inconvenience I’ve caused your group and your company. Hongki oppa told me that the security in your group was heightened by your management because of what I did. I know how bothersome it can be and I’m so sorry about that.

Maybe you know by now that I’m a person who likes you a lot. I’m not going to defend my actions because I’m not sorry of what I’ve done. I would’ve done it a thousand times more only your hyung told me to do things differently.

So this is how things will go. I will write you 10 handwritten letters. Hongki Oppa decided to help me as the mailman along with the YongSeo couple and Dimpled Witch couple. In every letter I will give you a hint about who I am and eventually on the 10th letter I hope I will be able to tell you my name.

I didn’t mean to creep you out. As you may know now, I have some issues I need to confront with before facing you. I’m not ashamed of who I am but who I am is someone not everyone can accept. If through this series of letter, you and I became good friends, it would be a success already. I do have romantic feelings towards you but also if in the end it won’t end up to what I want it to be I hope that we could still be friends.

So for the hint, I’m an artist of SM Entertainment. That’s why Seohyun and Yoona would be able to help with the letter transfer scheme.

But if any reason you would hate doing this with me, just tell me and I won’t go with the plan. But I really hope that you’d be okay with this…

Hope to hear from you soon…

YOUR SECRET ADMIRER

 

Seunghyun read and re-read the letter for about ten times. He looked at the time and realized that if ever he goes to Hongki and ask him again who the mystery girl is, he would be in a lot of trouble. He then went out of his room and sat on their living room and looked out of the window. Then suddenly the door to their apartment opened and in came Jonghoon and Yuri.

The two were shocked to see Seunghyun still awake. Jonghoon was quite annoyed when he saw that Seunghyun was still awake. Yuri on the other hand realized that something is bothering Seunghyun. Much to Jonghoon’s dismay, Yuri went and sat across Seunghyun.

“Are you okay maknae?” She asked the younger boy.

Seunghyun gave her a weak smile and he then saw Jonghoon sat beside his fiancé and asked the same question but with less enthusiasm.

“Here take a look at this.” Seunghyun then handed them the letter.

Jonghoon immediately stood up to open the lights so that he and Yuri can read the letter.

Seunghyun was looking at the couple while they were reading the letter. At one point Yuri began to frown and said, “When did this happen? You were attacked?” Yuri asked aloud.

“Just continue reading noona.” Seunghyun said and Yuri continued to read the letter.

After a while Yuri was quit dumbfounded with what she read. She then looked at Jonghoon and said, “Does things like this often happen to you boys?”

“Things like what?” Jonghoon asked his girl.

“Like being attacked by crazy fans!” Yuri exclaimed.

“We really do have crazy fans and after that happened, the company began with their crazy security that annoys everyone. We’re fine okay? This is the reason why I didn’t tell you about the attack.” Jonghoon explained.

“But Seunghyun, are you okay with all of these? Aren’t you scared? And what is Hongki thinking? He’s helping this crazy fan?” Yuri asked.

Seunghyun’s head began to swirl with Yuri’s questions. Then he took a deep breath and said, “Noona, I’m about to tell you something but please don’t interrupt me.”

Yuri looked at him and thought about it but decided to indulge the boy. She then nodded to him as a sign that he can continue.

“Earlier this evening after our performance, I was again “attacked” by this so-called crazy fan.” Yuri was about to say something but Seunghyun shot her a look that reminded her of her promise so she decided to stay quiet and Seunghyun continued. “She again kissed me but this time, I responded to her. I experienced the hottest kiss of my life tonight. Then just as the way she appeared, she again disappeared. Luckily, Hongki hyung saw everything and let’s just say that he and my admirer had a meeting. He told me that they talked and it seems that the two CNSD couple were also there so I think he brought her in the “Secret Café.”  Then they came up with this idea and I received this letter. Before you say anything, Yoona noona and Seohyun noona approved of her. Don’t you think you should talk to them first before you judge my admirer?”

Yuri looked at him shocked. “And you’re defending her? Because she’s a hot kisser? Are you getting nuts?”

Jonghoon then decided to intervene. He knows how protective Yuri is with his dongsaengs so he decided to make some sense into the situation. “Yuri-ah, I think this admirer is not as bad as we think she is. You know Seohyun and Yoona, they won’t just let anybody hurt our maknae. They love him almost as much as you do. Talk to your dongsaengs first. I think we should trust Hongki and the two couples. Or if it will appease you, let’s talk to Hongki.”

Yuri seemed appease but then she stood up and went to Hongki’s door and knocked. Jonghoon and Seunghyun knew that to wake up a sleeping Hongki is like waking up a sleeping dragon. Seunghyun was quite scared how Hongki would react but Jonghoon knew that Yuri can just take on whatever mood Hongki would throw her.

Yuri kept on knocking and soon they heard Hongki cursing inside the room. Hongki angrily opened the door and was about to scold the person bothering him but he was shocked when he saw a very annoyed Yuri looking at him. Before he can even say something, Yuri pushed him inside the room and locked the door.

Seunghyun looked worriedly at Jonghoon but his hyung seem not worried at all. “Aren’t you worried?” Seunghyun asked.

“Nope. Yuri can handle Hongki. I’m worried for Hongki. Yuri can be very mean when she’s at it.” Jonghoon said with a smile.

After a few minutes, Yuri emerged from Hongki’s room and the two heard her say, “Okay, goodnight. I’ll see you tomorrow. What do you want to eat for breakfast?”

“I want anything that you cook noona.” They heard Hongki said before he closed the door.

Yuri then went to the two boys and sat on her boyfriends lap.

“I’m helping them.” She said.

“You are?” Jonghoon asked shocked.

“I am. I too think this girl is the one for you Hyunnie.” She told Seunghyun.

“Noona, do you think I should go on with their plan?” Seunghyun asked.

“I think you should. And she’s from SM so she’s a great girl.” Yuri said as she stands. She then kissed Seunghyun goodnight and pulled Jonghoon to his room.

 

A/N:  Hi! I'm finally back... I'm really sorry for not updating for a very long time. I'm having a hard time formulating this story. Honestly, I wanted to pair-up Seunghyun with Juniel. They were so sweet last December. I don't know what will happen... I'll think about it... In know this update is not so much, I just want to write something. Truth is I want to write about what happened last weekend when Jonghyun and Yoona were on the same screen. I was so happy then. More happier than Yongseo's reunion... I still like them together but I'm proud to say that I like Jonghyun and Yoona more... Hope to hear from you guys soon...