Volume 3, Chapter 5 "Jonghoon"

Playing Cupids

Everything went so fast. Just a while ago Yuri was clinging on Jonghoon's arms walking and talking and now he's on top of Minho who was lying on his back and now ready to pounce on her friend. It was a good thing that Key was with Minho that day and when Jonghoon was about to hit Minho, he was able to stop Jonghoon's hand mid-air.

Yuri then ran and sat beside Minho while Key was pulling Jonghoon away from his friend. Yuri immediately put herself as Minho's shield and shouted at Jonghoon, "What the hell's wrong with you?"

"What's wrong with me?" Jonghoon shouted back. "What's wrong with you? This guy just insulted you and you're still protecting him?" Jonghoon then realized that they were causing too much attention. He looked hurt and very angry and finally said, "Fine, whatever, just do what you want. I'm leaving." He then free himself from Key's hold and walked away.

"Yah!" Yuri shouted at him but she was ignored. She then turned back her attention to Minho. "Are you okay?" She asked. She then also realized that a crowd was forming around them. "Key, do you guys have a room here?"

"We do noona." He said.

"Can we go there now?" She asked.

Key then went to Minho and helped him get back to his feet then the three of them hurriedly went to their room.

As soon as they were safe in their room,

"Yuri-ah, what's wrong with your fiance? Why did he suddenly attacked me? Is he the jealous type? Can't your friends talk to you now?" Minho asked as soon as he sat at the sofa.

"Stupid Minho, you think that's the reason he attacked you?" Yuri said and Minho nodded. "He attacked you because you insulted me."

"What? But you know it was just a joke right?" Minho reasoned.

"For you it's a joke, for him it's not." Yuri smiled as she said that but soon frowned when she realized her own mistake. She recalled how hurt and angry Jonghoon looked when he left them. He was protecting her but she shouted at him, "Stupid Kwon Yuri!" she said out loud and both boys looked at her confused. She hurriedly took her bag, took out her phone, called Jonghoon but as expected her call was rejected. She tried to call again and again it was rejected. She called again for the third time but this time the phone was turned off. "I'm leaving. Take care guys." She said and left even before the boys can say anything.

Minho ran after her, "Yuri-ah! Wait!" But Yuri didn't stop, while walking she just looked at him and said, "I'll call you later okay? I'm in a hurry."

But Minho didn't listen, he ran up to her and grabbed her arm making her stop. "Wait!" He said panting.

Yuri tried to free herself but failed so she sighed and decided to indulge him. "Fine, I'll stop and listen but make it quick, I really need to go."

"Where are you going?" Minho asked.

"I'm going to Jonghoon." She said.

"Why?"

Yuri was getting jittery. She really wants to leave. Again she tried to free her arm but failed. "Please let me go." She begged.

"Answer my question first. Where are you going?" Minho insisted.

"I'm going to look for Jonghoon."

"Are you guys really engaged or it's just a scheme to make boys stop pestering you?" Minho out of the blue asked.

Yuri then properly faced Minho. "Look Minho, whatever I and Jonghoon have is none of your business. But I'll answer your question still, Jonghoon is really my fiance. We are real, this is not just an act to ward of boys or girls." Minho searched her eyes for any signs of lies and found none. He then let her go and without a word she left him. All he can do was look and regret a failed chance.

Yuri again tried to call Jonghoon but his phone was really turned off. She then dialed Jaejin's number.

"Noona?"

"Jaejin-ah, where are you right now?"

"I'm at home. Why do you ask?"

"Is Jonghoon there?"

"I thought he was with you?"

"We were together but something happened, he got mad and left me."

"Noona, what did you do?"

"What did I do? What made you think it's my fault?"

"Because knowing hyung, he's not the type who gets mad without a proper reason and knowing your impulsive nature, I say it's probably you're fault why you guys are fighting right now."

Yuri remembered that it's Jaejin she's talking to. The only person who knows the two of them more as individuals. "Yah! Stop taking sides!" She said trying to change the topic.

"Noona, don't even think of changing the topic." He said and Yuri knew that she's caught. "If it's Jonghoon hyung, I don't think he'd be back in a while. He likes to sulk and he knows that the dorm is not the place to do it. He's sulking somewhere but he'll be back later. It's either you go home now and meet him tomorrow or you can just come here and try to wait for him but I can't guarantee you what time he'd be back." Jaejin suggested.

"Okay fine, what do you want to eat for dinner? I'll cook. Tell the other's I'm cooking tonight."

"Really? You're coming here and will wait for him? You'd rather do that?" Jaejin really surprised at Yuri's decision.

"Yah! Would rather eat dinner cooked by Hongki or by me?" She asked.

"Fine, I miss you cooking. You can cook anything you want, me and the boys eats anything edible. But you can cook chicken if you want Minhwan to be on your beck and call for a whole week." Jaejin said and then she heard Minhwan shouting at the background, "Chicken please noona!" which made Yuri laugh.

"Then chicken it is. I'll be there in an hour, I'll just drop by the grocery to buy the ingredients."

 

When Yuri reached the FTIsland Dorm, true enough Jonghoon hasn't come home yet. She immediately took charge of the kitchen but made everyone help her. Hongki was in charge of slicing, Jaejin with washing, Seunghyun with the table and Minhwan with the tasting (since it's his favorite chicken). After they finished cooking, knowing that Jonghoon might come home late, they decided to eat and just left some him. Everyone was happy well except for Yuri who's getting anxious by the minute.

It was getting late but still no Jonghoon. "Noona, I think it's better if you go home. I'll take you back. It's late." Jaejin said.

Yuri was tired and would love to sleep but her determination to fix their problem was stronger. "No, I'll wait for him." She said as she yawns. Minutes later, Jaejin found her sleeping on their couch. He then scooped her up and put her in Jonghoon's room. When Jaejin got out of the room, he saw Hongki with a silly smile on his face. He shook his head and said, "No hyung, I'm not thinking what you're thinking. This is the safest place for her to sleep in. Do you want to die if Jonghoon hyung finds her sleeping in your bed? I know I don't."

"Yah! What made you think I'm thinking something erted?" Hongki tried to defend himself.

"Because of that silly smile on your face." Jaejin said and went inside his room leaving Hongki.

 

After Jonghoon left Yuri in Cabi, he went to the place where they had agreed to get engaged since it's one of the most peaceful place he can think of. He knew he needs to let off some steam. He knew he too was at fault because he let his anger get the best of him. He shouldn't have knocked down Minho, but he was too blinded by rage when he heard him insult her. He hates it when she hurts but why would she hurt him who only wants to shield her from pain?

Recently, he realized he's been acting weird. He was not the jealous nor the possessive type to things he just likes. He's even a very generous person. Even when it comes to girls.

There was a time when he dated someone Hongki really liked. As soon as he knew about it, he broke up with the girl and even helped Hongki get close to the girl.

But lately, he gets mad easily when boys flirts with Yuri. But seeing Yuri taking Minho's side earlier was different. It was not rage, he was hurt badly. He wasn't insulted, he felt rejected and that pained him more.

Why is it that Yuri can make him go mad like this?

Before he's proud when boy's look at his girls with lust coz he knows the girl beside him is hot but now, why is it that he wants to pluck out the eyes of those boys who were just admiring Yuri?

Why is it that he hated Yuri taking someone else's side?

Why? Why? Why? So many whys?

Jonghoon then remembered Yuri calling him earlier and turning his phone off when she kept on insisting on calling him. Now that he's calmed down a bit he knew he's ready to talk to her. He took his phone and called her but her phone was turned off. He called Seohyun but she said she's not yet home and thought that they were together. He got worried and hurried back to Cabi but the receptionist told him that he saw Yuri leaving the place earlier. He started to get worried. He began to berate himself for getting mad. Then his phone rang.

"Jonghoon, this is Yoona. Seohyun told me you called and was looking for Yuri."

"Yes, I'm still looking for her right now."

"If I were you, I will stop looking for her."

"Why? Do you know where she is?"

"No but she texted me earlier saying she's with friends. I think she'll be staying there for the night. Don't worry, she's safe."

"Are you sure?"

"Yes. Knowing Yuri, she might be sleeping right now as we speak. Just call it a night and call her tomorrow or I'll tell her to call you as soon as she comes in tomorrow."

"Okay. Thank you for telling me this. Good night."

"Good night."

Jonghoon felt that a heavy load was taken away from him. He felt so happy knowing his fiance is safe. But then he remembered Yoona saying she's with friends. What if she's with Minho still? Suddenly his boiled again for the second time and again he's getting very upset. 

He took his time to cool down. He knew if he goes home now, his friends will be his shock absorbers and that wouldn't be healthy for their group. He went back to riverside and stayed there for a while. It was a good thing he brought his guitar with him earlier and he took it out of his car's trunk and began to play like there was no tomorrow.

Jonghoon silently entered their dorm hours later. It was almost 2 am and he knows everyone's fast asleep. He directly went to the bathroom and cleaned himself. He entered his room and since he was dead tired, without even opening the lights he went to his bed and immediately fell asleep.

 

The next day, everyone was awaken by loud screaming and cursing coming from Jonghoon's room.

 

**************************************

A/N: I was suppose to update yesterday but before I was able to finish the chapter, I was told that I need to leave immediately and leave the chapter unfinished. I was busy the whole day today and now that I had some free time, I decided to finish this chapter.

I hope you guys would enjoy this chapter. I'm really starting to enjoy writing Jonghoon's volume. Which means more Hongki since I'm now writing about a FTIsland member. hehehehehe... by the way CONGRATULATIONS TO FT ISLAND FOR A SUCCESSFUL CONCERT IN BUDOKAN. So proud of them. hehehehehehe.

Please do comment and subscribe!!!!!!!!!!