Yonghwa - Part 8

Playing Cupids

On their way back every Lee boys were silent. All have different thoughts. Hongki was quite confused of what he saw after the walk with Shinhye. Jungshin was smiling smugly because he knows that he did fine today. Jonghyun was deep in thought about his hyungs reactions. It was his first time seeing this side of Yonghwa. He knows that Yonghwa's the jealous type but little did he know that he can turn this green because of envy. Jaejin on the other hand is really really scared. By the way Yonghwa looked at him it made him want to run as far as he can away from Yonghwa. He was so scared.

"Hongki hyung, I don't think I want to do this anymore."

Hongki was shocked with what Jaejin just said then he heard Jonghyun said, "I can't blame you if you want to quit now. If I were in your shoes, I would've said the same thing." Hongki gaped then Jungshin said, "Hyung was so scary. I can't believe he can be like that. But it was fun watching him like that."

What are you guys talking about? What's this talk about quitting? Jaejin I told you before that there's no backing down."

"Hyung I know what I said. But you weren't there. You were playing around with noona. You didn't see him. At first I didn't plan to leave the table. I thought it would be better if he will hear our whole conversation but when I accidentally looked at him I really got scared. If looks can kill, FT Island would lose their most handsome member."

"Jonghyun can you please enlighten me with what this scaredy cat is talking about." Hongki asked his friend.

"I was also shocked the way hyung reacted. At first he was shocked when Jaejin said "Seo Joohyun." Then when he realized that it was Seohyun who gave the recipe to Jaejin his face became very interested. Then slowly jealousy crept in but when Jaejin finally said, "I missed you" it was as if he would lose all his teeth with the pressure he's putting. When Jungshin dropped the bomb that Jaejin and Seohyun are really close and why they don't disclose their relationship, it was then that my charismatic leader turned into the incredible hulk but with a greener color. He was so scary and I pity Jaejin."

"Yah, don't scare him like that. You're not helping at all. It's a shame I didn't witness all of this. I would've taken his picture secretly if I was there."

"Don't worry hyung. While we were talking I was videotaping him with my phone secretly. Want to see it?" Jungshin told Hongki and handed him his phone. The other two guys huddled together with Hongki and watched the video. Hongki's mouth dropped. Jaejin lost all the blood in his head, he was on the phone Joohyun and he saw that Yonghwa was in his blazing glory, and Jonghyun relived the moment.

Again they were silent. Hongki can't seem to know what to say. He pity's Jaejin. "Jaejin-ah, I take what I said earlier back. If you would want to quit, I would just understand you and we will forget about this stupid project."

Jaejin was silent. He was lost in thought. He knows that his friendship with Yonghwa is on the line if he will continue with the project. But he also knows that Seohyuns' happiness is also on the line. He was so conflicted. He really didn't know what to do. Then he heard Jungshin

"Hyung it is really too late to back down. Hyung is mad as hell. Even if we quit now, his anger will not subside anytime soon. Let's just take this opportunity and go on with the plan. We just have to make sure that this project will be successful of else we will lose Yonghwa hyung."

"Jungshin has a point.  Even if I stop now, hyung will still be awkward with me. Might as well go on with it. Just please give me some time away from him. I don't think I can face him anytime soon."

Jonghyun looked at Jaejin with a sad face, "But that's just it, if you really think that you would want to go on with this, you can't just disappear like that. Hyung was so used to having you guys at the dorm that he would think something is off if you will distance yourself. I'm afraid we can't grant your request."

"Don't worry friend," Jungshin comforted his friend, "hyung can't hurt you. Just bear with the glares."

"Fine."

"Don't worry Jaejin-ah, we're about to conclude our promotions here in Korea and soon we will be heading back to Japan." Hongki told Jaejin.

"Does this mean that our plans will have to be on hold until you guys come back here in Korea?" Jonghyun inquired.

"Not really, Remember that SNSD is in Japan too? Sooner or later our paths will meet and there are lots of possibilities when that happens." Hongki head was b with ideas. Just thingking about it gives a smile on his face.

 

Jaejin and Hongki goes to CN Blue dorm as frequent as they can. Jaejin tried really hard not to be awkward with Yonghwa. He tried to act like nothing has changed. Yonghwa too acted like nothing has changed. He thought Jaejin is oblivious with his feelings and pretended that he's not feeling any remorse with the younger kid. Everything was smooth sailing with the guys it was as if nothing really happened.

On the night before FTI leave for Japan, the guys were having dinner when Yonghwa looked at Jonghyun who's guitar was hanging by his shoulder.

"Yah Jonghyun. Can't you get a life? You're just sitting here all day playing with your guitar. Don't you get tired of just playing that all day? Go out. date, I know how you love girls."

Hongki's mind worked up again. "Yah Jonghyun didn't you tell hyung about it?"

Jonghyun looked at Hongki with eyebrows meeting in the middle. "Tell him about what?"

"That you have a girlfriend."

"What?" Jonghyun and Yonghwa said at the same time? Jaejin, Jungshin and Minhyuk looked at their hyungs also confused. Hongki on the other hand pretended that what he said was no biggie.

"Hyung, can you excuse me and Hongki for a moment?" Before Yonghwa can answer, Jonghyun dragged Hongki inside his room. "What are you talking about? When did I got myself a girlfriend and who is this girlfriend you're talking about?" Jonghyun asked when they were out of hearing.

"Cool it man. This is part of our project. Just go with me on this ok?" With that Hongki went out of the room and Jonghyun followed behind him still flustered.

"So who is this lucky girl that Jonghyun liked more than his guitars?" Yonghwa kept on prodding.

"It's Im Yoona-ssi." Hongki said as he continued to eat.

It was total chaos. Yonghwa asked who it was again. He can't seem to believe what he just heard. Jungshin coughed so hard as if he's gonna lose his lungs. Minhyuk's chinky eyes got so big his eyeballs almost dropped, Jaejin gaped at Hongki and Jonghyun looked like he just lost his soul and Hongki... Hongki just continued eating his dinner.

 

*******************************************

A/N: Sorry about this chapter. Let's just say I'm having some trouble connecting my ideas. I have so many of them that I don't which one I should choose. Thanks for all of you guys who loved the chapter prior to this. I promise I will make up to you guys soon.