Jaejin's Volume "Camping"

Playing Cupids

It’s been a full hour since the boys joined Eunjung’s group. Aside from Suzy, IU was also there. It seems like the girls of Dream High had a reunion. Much to his dismay earlier, Eunjung told the girls the reason why they were having that lunch date. Eunjung told them that Jaejin liked this certain girl but he tends to get tongue tied in front of her so Yonghwa and Jonghoon had been training him how to talk to girls and he’s now applying the knowledge he learned from his hyungs. She told them that she hope the girls would be able to help Jaejin with his problem.

IU found the idea very romantic. She said, “If a guy would do something like that for me, I’d be very flattered and it would really make me happy.”

“Thank you.” Jaejin said with a bow to IU. Somehow he and IU were very comfortable with each other. How he wish he can be the same with Suzy.

“Suzy-ssi, what do you think of Jaejin’s effort?” Minhyuk asked. Jaejin shot him a deadly glare but Minhyuk just ignored him and gave Suzy his trademark eye-smile.

“Honestly I don’t know. As a girl, I don’t like it when I have an awkward feeling with a guy. As you can see, I’m got quite close to the boys of Dream High. They all became my friends. I believe I’m a very friendly person.” Suzy said.

Jungshin then whispered to Jaejin, “You’re in deep trouble now chinggu.” And Jaejin gave him a shove.

Jaejin then took a deep breath and said, “So Suzy-ssi, what do you like about boys?” Everyone was so shocked with his question that Minhyuk almost wet IU with the water he was drinking.

Suzy then gave him a very understanding smile, “Jaejin-ssi, I don’t think you should try that hard. That question is too direct. You should at least start with simple questions that can lead to a normal every conversation. Is that what you’re teachers taught you to say first?”

Jaejin blushed, Minhyuk, Jungshin and Eunjung laughed out hard. Suzy thought they were just laughing at Jaejin’s mistake but Jaejin knew that they laughed because Suzy was oblivious that she’s the girl Jaejin’s has issues with.

Then Suzy again said, “Now take a deep breath.” Jaejin did as he was told. “Then think of something normal to talk about on first meetings.”

Jaejin then smiled at her and said, “You’re really cute.” Again everyone began to laugh and Jaejin blushed hard again.

“Wrong! You will never get the girl that way. You will appear too strong and too fresh. Most girls hate that, I know I do.” Suzy said making everyone laugh again.

IU then looked at Jaejin and said, “Now let’s try it with me. Can I call you oppa since you’re older than me?”

“Sure no problem.” Jaejin said with a smile.

“Yah!” Suzy called out to them. “Why are you already acting normal with her and not with me?” The three people who knows of Jaejin’s situation began to get worried. So Eunjung tried to help out, “Because you resemble her too much. Let’s just say, you too are the same type of girl. That’s why he’s nervous around you.”

Jungshin whispered to Minhyuk, “Because she’s the girl.” IU seemed to hear him and it alarmed Minhyuk but IU gave them a wonderful smile and signalled them that she will help them. Jungshin gave her a thankful smile.

“So unnie, what do you think we should do to help Jaejin oppa more? IU said winking at Eunjung.

“You know the truth?” Eunjung loudly asked IU. IU kicked her under the table.

“What truth?” Asked Suzy.

“The truth the oppa is really hopeless with girls.” IU said hoping Suzy will buy the act.

“Oh that. Well I don’t think IU is clueless about hopeless boys unnie.” Suzy told Eunjung.

Eunjung nervously smiled and said, “I think so too.”

Suzy then turned to Jaejin and smiled. “Is it okay if I call you oppa too?”

Jaejin nodded nervously Suzy in return smiled at how silly he looks. “Is it okay if I help since as they said I’m the same type of girl?” Again Jaejin just nod.

“Unnie!” Suzy called Eunjung.

“Yes Suzy.” Eunjung answered.

“I saw the camping place Jangwoo oppa brought you. Can you still remember how to get there?” Suzy asked.

“Of course. But why the sudden interest in camping venues.” Eunjung was genuinely confused with Suzy’s sudden change of topic.

“Because I think it will take us a longer time to break this awkwardness of Jaejin Oppa towards girls. I suggest we go on a camping trip. Is it okay with you guys?” Suzy asked everyone.

“You’re really serious about helping Jaejin huh?” Eunjung asked.

“Yes unnie coz obviously his teachers are useless.”

 

As Jaejin goes back to their dorm with his two tall friends, he was quite surprise to find Yonghwa, Seohyun, Yoona, Jonghyun, Yuri and his two FTI hyungs in their dorm. Obviously, all of them were informed of what Eunjung did and all are waiting for him to tell them what had transpired that day.

As Jaejin finished his story, both Yonghwa and Jonghoon were blushing hard. One because he was obviously embarrassed and the other was because he was totally disappointed with his  dongsaeng. But Hongki was all smiles. He knew something good had come out of Eunjung’s stupid but very brilliant plan. He then said, “Can I join this camping trip?”

“I guess noona will be okay with that. It’s only Jonghoon oppa she doesn’t want to see. Obviously she’s holding some grudge towards him.” Jaejin said. Yuri then shot Jonghoon a questioning look but Jonghoon just shrugged his shoulders.

“Hyunnie, can we come too? It would be a change of atmosphere. I would really like to see you outdoors. I promise I will not make you cook and I’ll cook for you. Just please say yes?” Yonghwa begged Seohyun.

“We still have to check our schedule oppa. But I would love to go too, I want to see first hand how Jaejin really acts with Suzy.” Seohyun said.

“You mean you’re going there not to be with me but to see Jaejin and Suzy?” Yonghwa was obviously disappointed.

Seohyun’s nose flared in response and said, “Really? You’re being childish again? You’re really hopeless oppa.” Then she turned away from Yonghwa and soon Yonghwa was like a dog begging his master to pay attention to him.

“Do you want to go?” Jonghyun asked Yoona.

“If my schedule will permit it, I would love too.” Yoona told Jonghyun.

“Then we’re sharing a tent.” Jonghyun said. When Yoona’s about to protest, Jonghyun shut her up by kissing her fully on the lips and soon they got carried away making everyone gag.

“Oh please stop that. That’s really gross. Jonghyun, go to my room and make sure to lock it.” Hongki told his friend who gave him a very thankful smile.

“So who’s coming?” Jaejin asked.

“The two stupid couples of CNBlue are if the SNSD schedule will permit the girls, me and Eunjung noona.”

“I’m going too.” Minhwan said.

“Why the sudden interest in all of this?” Hongki asked Minhwan.

“’Coz no one will wash the dishes if I’m not there.” Minhwan explained.

“You do have a point there.”

 

The camping was scheduled in two weeks time. Seohyun and Yoona will be able to join since it fell on one of the rare days of rest. Yonghwa then told Seohyun that they should not worry about her tent that will be shared with Yoona since both he and Jonghyun have their own respective tents. He said he’d just let Seohyun borrow his tent and he’d sleep with Jonghyun. Seohyun was so grateful but unknown to him the two boys of CNBlue were planning something naughty for the camping.

As for FT Island, Hongki, Jaejin and Minhwan will be going camping. Hongki who wasn’t the outdoor type of person somehow found himself to be very excited with the idea of sleeping in a tent and to cook with limited cute stuff. Jaejin who also have no idea about camping buried himself on studying everything about camping so that he will not appear stupid in front of Suzy. Unknown to the two boys, Minhwan loves the outdoor and camping out. But Minhwan decided to keep that fact to himself. He’d thought he’d have some fun first before making his hyungs realize his skills.

On the side of Eunjung, Suzy will come as well as IU who somehow had built a good relationship with Jaejin over the past few days. All in all everyone’s very excited.

 

The day of the camping came. Hongki and Yonghwa brought their cars and use it to drive them to the camping site. Hongki, Eunjung, Jaejin, IU and Suzy rode on one car and much to Minhwan’s dismay, he was stuck with the two pairs of lovers so he decided to sleep all throughout the journey.

The camping site was just a Eunjung remembered but somehow it felt different since now they came as a big group. The chores were designated and they were paired up. Obviously Yonghwa and Jonghyun insisted that they’d be paired up with their girls. Somehow Hongki was regretting making the two lovers join the camping. The two pairs of lovers were assigned to pitch up the tents. Hongki and IU were assigned to make a bonfire. Eunjung and Minhwan were assigned clean the dishes and Jaejin and Suzy were assigned to prepare and cook their food.

Soon everyone was busy trying to do their tasks at hand.

Minhwan then looked around him and was very alarmed when he saw Hongki pouring too much gas in the small heap of twigs, wood and dried leaves he and IU collected. He ran fast and was able to prevent a big accident when he pulled the lighter from Hongki’s hand. “What are you doing hyung? Do you want to get burned?” Minhwan asked angrily. Everyone’s attention’s on them now. It was their first time seeing Minhwan scolding Hongki publicly.

“No! I’m just trying to light a fire.” Hongki pointed out.

“No hyung, you’re trying to burn a house down with the amount of gas you put in that small heap. Did you see that liquid slowly creeping to our tents? That’s the gas your poured. Just go and help Eunjung noona with the dishes. I’ll take care of the fire.” Minhwan ordered Hongki. Everyone’s still looking at him weirdly but decided to continue on with their tasks.

As soon as Hongki was out of sight, IU said to Minhwan, “Don’t you think you were rude to Hongki Oppa just now?” Suddenly as if losing the strength in his legs, Minhwan sat down on the ground. “I know I was but I was so shocked with what he did. I got so scared.”

IU just smiled at Minhwan. “Do you think things will work out between Jaejin Oppa and Suzy?” She asked.

“I really hope so. No offense but I’m starting to hate the soundtrack of Dream High because hyung keeps on repeating it.” Minhwan said.

“No offense taken and I think I understand your reason.”

 

On the side of the lovers, the girls made fun of the boys since they were able to finish pitching up the tents of the girls. Yoona laughed as Jonghyun tried to pitch his tent. He was so helpless and ignorant that she decided to help him.

Seohyun on the other hand just sat down in front Yonghwa since he constantly denied her offer of helping him. Then she stood up and instead helped Jonghyun and Yoona pitch the tent making Yonghwa whine and showed tantrums but he was just ignored but Seohyun.

 

Hongki was still fuming mad as he comes to Eunjung’s side. Eunjung just laughed at him and said, “It’s okay Hongkiya. Minhwan was right you know. It was a good thing that Minhwan saw you or else we would have rented those weird looking cottages.”

“I guess you’re right noona. But still that boy will be punished for making a fool out of me earlier.” Then Hongki cried out his evil laugh.

 

Finally on the Food Team of the group. Jaejin was still very awkward. Suzy was getting annoyed. She then dropped the vegetables she were cleaning and fully faced Jaejin.

“Why?” Jaejin asked without looking at her.

“Oppa! I hate this weird atmosphere. You will never get the girl if you’re like this.” Suzy explained.

Jaejin suddenly stopped his work. Sighed deeply and then faced Suzy. “Is this fine?” He asked.

Suzy then looked directly to his eyes and said. “Well it’s a good start. No oppa, do you think you can be more comfortable with me now?” Then she gave him her sweetest smile.

It was Jaejin’s first time experiencing Suzy’s smile but instead of getting flustered, he too gave her his best smile. But when Suzy stared at his lips, the smile was lost and then she said, “You know Oppa, you have one very kissable lips.”

Jaejin then gulped and said, “Oh my god.”

 

A/N:  FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guys I'm really sorry if it took me a very long time to update again. Honestly, I'm having a very hard time formulating this volume. I'm really considering making this the last volume since it's quite long already but as soon as I can think of new ideas, I'll start with the Book Two of Cupids...

Thank you to all who's continually supporting this fic. I know this chapter's a bit of a disappointment but as I've said, it was very hard writing this chapter. Please do comment. I really need that so that I can be inspired to write more frequently...