Volume 3, Chapter 8 "Jonghoon"

Playing Cupids

"CONFESSIONS PART 1"

 

"So how do we do this?” Yuri asked.

 “I say a group, you give me a name.” Jonghoon answered.

“But we need to do it alternately. No questions until we exhaust all of the groups.” Yuri suggested.

“Okay but that will only limit us to idol groups. What about actors and actresses or solo artists?” Jonghoon asked.

“After we talked about the idol groups then we go there. But did you date actresses or solo artists?” Yuri asked.

“Nope. It’s either an idol or a non-celebrity.” He answered honestly. “Did you?”

“Only one actor. But it was just one date. Nothing serious.” Yuri said.

“Then we don’t have any problems at all. We’ll just talk about the idols today and non-celebrities next time. Deal?” Jonghoon asked

“Deal. So can I start?” She asked and Jonghoon nodded. But before Yuri can say a word, they were interrupted.

“You’re here too?” Asked Jonghyun as he and Yoona went over their table.

 “Can we sit here for a while?” Jonghyun asked. We’re waiting for a text from Yong hyung that he and Seohyun had left the dorms so we can go there. We won’t be long I promise.”

Jonghoon then motioned them to sit down. He stood up and sat beside Yuri so that the other couple can sit together.

“Are we interrupting something?” Jonghyun asked.

“Yes you are.” Jonghoon said quite annoyed.

“Don’t worry chinggu-ah we won’t be long unless Yong decided to ditch his shooting today which I highly doubt. So what are you guys talking about.”

“Nothing that concerns you.” Jonghoon said and Yuri laughed at how transparent her fiancé is. He didn’t even hide his disappointment but the funny thing is Jonghyun just ignored his friend and acts as if he didn’t do anything bad.

“Unnie, I didn’t expect to see you here.” Yoona said then she turned to Jonghoon, “I have to hand it to you. You have guts Jonghoon. How I hope this guy here beside me has half of your guts.” Yoona then looked at Jonghyun while shaking her head.

“What happened?” Jonghyun asked.

“Jonghoon here came earlier to our dorm.”

Jonghyun then looked at Jonghoon, “Really? For how long?”

“An hour or so.” Yuri answered.

“Did your unnies left for a vacation or something?” Jonghyun asked Yoona.

“Everyone was present this morning.” Yoona answered and laughed when she saw her boyfriend’s eyes and mouth turned into a big “O’s.”

“No way. You went there knowing everyone will be there?” Jonghyun asked his friend and Jonghoon smugly nodded at him.

“You do have guts. So how did it go? Where you able to leave unharmed?” Jonghyun kept asking.

“Yah! What do you think of us? Wild animals?” Yuri asked with matching slap on Jonghyun’s arms.

“Ah yes!” Jonghyun said bluntly. “Or at least the question and answer portion can hurt a man’s pride.”

“Friend,” Jonghoon finally said, “going there is nothing. You just have to tell them what they want to hear. But don’t lie coz they can smell if you’re not telling the truth and that’s when you start to die.”

Jonghyun was in awe of his friend. Neither him nor Yonghwa had stayed that long inside the SNSD dorm. When they fetch their girls they would text them that their coming and would wait in the car until their girl will tell them that they’re ready. Then his phone rang.

“Yes hyung? You guys are leaving now?... Okay.... No you don’t have to do that. We will be there in 10 minutes... Ah hyung, did Seohyun told you about what happened this morning at their dorm?... Not yet?... You should ask her.... Just ask her... Okay.”

Jonghyun then hang up his phone. “Witch, let’s go. They’re leaving and we need to leave this two now or this guy will kill me if we stay a minute longer.”

“It’s good that you know.” Jonghoon told his friend but with a smile on his face.

“Unnie we’re leaving. Have fun.” Yoona said and soon the couple was nowhere in sight.

Jonghoon then went back to his old seat across Yuri. “So shall we start?” He asked then he saw Yuri took out a pencil and paper from her bag. “What’s that for?”

“To record the names of the girls so that I can ask you later about them.” Yuri smiled at him.

“Is that so?” Jonghoon then stood up and went to the counter. Soon he went back carrying a piece of paper and a pen. He then showed it to Yuri who just laughed at him. As soon as he sat down Yuri had a better idea. “Let’s just write the names of the people we dated.”

“Okay but we make two columns. One is for flings and the other for boyfriend/girlfriend.” He said and she just nods.

Soon the couple were engrossed with their task. Once in a while, Jonghoon will try to take a peek at Yuri’s paper but she will just cover it up good. Yuri would look up to the ceiling when she’s recalling and Jonghoon would bite the tip of the pen when he thinks. Jonghoon finished his list first and enjoyed the view in front of him. He smiled with the different emotions that crosses her face. At that moment all doubts the clouded his mind was gone, he is sure he’s falling hard for her.

Soon Yuri finished her list and looked up and found her fiancé staring at her. He didn’t even looked away when their eyes met instead he just smiled at her. She too smiled and stared back. Soon it became a staring contest. Yuri took the opportunity to look at his face closely. She knew he’s handsome but she didn’t know how much. She understood why girls would fall on his feet and do his every bidding but she knows that he’s not just a face, he’s something more.

Jonghoon then pushed the paper towards her without even breaking their eye contact so she did the same. Jonghoon’s curiosity got the best of him and he broke their eye contact first and read the names that was listed on the paper.

Yuri smiled when she won but she too was curious with what’s written on the paper that he handed her. Yuri gaped at the names that were written on the paper. She looked at the paper and Jonghoon and again back to the paper. "You sure you dated these girls?" She asked.

"Have I ever lied to you?" Jonghoon answered without looking at her. His eyes were still focused on the paper he's holding.

"Nope. But most of these girls are famous. Were you the one who asked them out or they asked you out?" Yuri stared at the boy in question.

"Both. I asked some and some asked me." Jonghoon said but his eyes were still at looking at the list and Yuri noticed that he's been staring at the list for a long time now.

"Yah Choi Jonghoon, my list is lesser than yours but you're still reading mine? Do you have any problems in reading?" She asked.

Jonghoon then put down the list and again stared at her. Somehow his stares was different this time and Yuri began to get self conscious for some reason. "Why are you staring?" She asked when she can't take it anymore.

"I have some questions with regards to your list." He said but still keeping the eye contact.

"Okay shoot, but I ask the next question." He just nod in response.

"I found Nickhun hyung's name here. It's quite known that he digs Yoona. Did you seduce him?" He asked. Yuri should've felt insulted but the way he asked her assured her that it was pure curiosity.

"It's true that Yoona's the girl he liked. He asked me to help him get close to Yoona but Yoona's not interested. Let's just say she's digging someone else that time. As you know 2PM and SNSD are good friends since we've collaborated a lot of times but when we shot the Cabi commercial, oppa and I got closer. We realized we shared a lot in common and decided to date."

"How long did you guys last?" He asked.

"About three months." She said.

"What made you guys broke up?" He kept asking.

"He kept saying Yoona's his ideal girl in SNSD. I'm just human, I too get hurt. He said it was to protect our relationship but I know better. He really likes her." She winced when she remembered how painful that experience was.

"Still friends with him?" He asked and she nods. "Yeah. But not as close as before.... You've asked too many questions, now it's my turn." She looked and he nod in agreement. "Shoot!" he said.

"Park Gyuri of Kara. Really?" She said.

"Yes. What's wrong with that?" He asked.

"Nothing's wrong with it. But you got into trouble because of what you said about her." Yuri said.

"The real story behind that incident is because that time we were dating. She too knows how honest I can get. She gets it but of course the fans won't. I know I was wrong because I didn't think twice about what I said but I only said that because I know she'd understand." He explained.

"How long?" She asked.

"Six weeks."

"Reason for break-up?"

"No particular reason. We just realized that we're not right for each other and parted amicably."

"Still friends?"

"Yes."

"She's pretty."

"Jealous?"

"In your dreams Choi Jonghoon." He smiled when he saw Yuri blushed. "My turn." He said. "Heechul Hyung?"

"As you can see, I put in him the fling column. It wasn't even that. We go on dates but no romantic feelings involved. I know you're close to him since you're part of Chocoball and I know you know he's still carrying a torch for Sohee. I just put his name there cause we do go on dates." She explained.

"Okay, I'll take your word on that. I asked because I know who he dates and I thought it was just your wishful thinking that he'd date you." Yuri threw a tissue at him and he just laughed at her.

"Dara. Really? Dara unnie?" She asked.

"Yes the one and only Sandara Park." He answered.

"But I thought she's Minhwan's crush? Did you hurt the poor boys heart when you dated her?" Jonghoon was a bit taken aback with her reaction. She was pissed for some reason. "What's wrong? Why are getting mad?" He asked.

"Minhwan said that he likes her but you dated her? How bad can you get? Poor boy." She said and he smiled.

"So you're getting mad because of Minhwan?" He asked.

"So what? He's like my little brother. I adore him. He's cute and sweet." Somehow Jonghoon's not liking what he's hearing.

"Do you by any chance like Minhwan?" Yuri looked at him now getting confused because he's getting pissed too.

"Of course I like him. He's the sweetest guy in FTIsland even sweeter than Jaejin."

"Because your chicken are delicious, that's why." He said his voice a bit higher than usual.

"You're mean Jonghoon." Yuri said hurt.

"I'm mean? Look who's talking. I'm your fiance and you're telling me that you like my dongsaeng? Who's meaner now?"

Yuri looked at him still not understanding the reason they're fighting. "What are you talking about? He's just like a brother to me. It's different. I like him as a brother and I like you as a..." Yuri began to think for the right word but no word comes to her mind.

"Like a what Yuri?" He asked.

"Like a..." she's still lost for words."

"Like?" He's becoming hopeful.

"I don't know. Don't pressure me." Yuri said. "Excuse me, I need to go to the ladies room." She stood up and went to the Restroom.

As soon as she was alone, she looked at herself at the mirror. She realized she was blushing. Again she searched her brain for the right word but nothing came. She then realized that she likes him. SHE LIKES HIM. It's as plain as that. "Oh no, I'm in big trouble." She told herself.

Jonghoon who was left alone on the table has a silly smile on his face. He was positive that she's starting to like him too. But he lost his smile when he saw again the name that bothered him since he first laid his eyes on the list.

 

******************************

A/N: Back with an update!!! Yehey. I'm getting the hang of this. I know this chapter's seems like it's incomplete. well it is since it's just the Part 1. The confession next chapter will decide the fate of our couple so do look forward to it.

Everyone who commented, thank you very much. Last chapter is the most commented chapter in this volume and I thank you guys for liking that chapter. I do hope you'd like this chapter too. I'm sorry if I can't reply to your individual comments. I'm writing my stories on the wee hours of the night. I won't be able to update until I updated my other story. I would be updating alternately.

If you like the story please subscribe. And please leave your comments, they inspire and help me to write the next chapters.