Vol. 2 Chap. 9 "Jonghyun"

Playing Cupids

 

(A/N: WAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! I've deleted the previous chapter and reupdated this chapter. I'm sorry for the confusion. I just hope you guys would read this again. This chapter is longer and has more to offer. I'm sorry. I hope you'd be able to forgive me.)

 

 

"Unnie!"

Yoona turned around and saw their maknae smiling at her.

"Hyunnie, since when where you standing there?"

"Oh, I've been here before you even arrived. Yong Oppa and I were talking all these time but he went home now."

"You got here before me?"

"Aha."

"You mean, you..."

"Yes unnie, Oppa and I saw everything," Seohyun was grinning from ear to ear and Yoona blushed again for the 2nd time that night "and let me just say that you two really look good together. How I wish you two were real and not just pretending. From what I saw earlier, I'd commend you two for doing a good job. If I were the stalker, I would believe that you two are real. Great acting unnie! I never knew Jonghyun oppa could act like that."

"Ahhh yeah you're right. We did some good acting tonight huh." Yoona said with a hint of disappointment. "I remembered Hon telling me earlier that Jonghoon and Hongki advised him to act 24/7 for us to fool my stalker, I guess we're doing just fine right now." Yoona finished with a smile that didn't reached her eyes and Seohyun saw the disappointment in Yoona.

"Unnie? Was it really just an act?"

Yoona then looked at Seohyun, still smiling but with sadness was in her eyes. "Yes Joohyun. It's all an act. Let's go up, they might be waiting for us."

Yoona then went to elevator and pressed the up button. Seohyun looked at her unnie and joined her eventually when the elevator door opened.

 

Jonghyun didn't saw Yonghwa inside the building when he brought Yoona by the dorm's entrance. He didn't realized that all the way back to their own dorm, Yonghwa's car was just behind him all the time. He didn't even knew that Yonghwa was with him in the elevator for he was texting Yoona when he entered the lift. He went to their dorm still unaware that his leader was just walking behind him. When he entered the dorm he went straight to his room, cleaned himself up, sat on his chair, got his guitar, played some random chords until he saw his cellphone blinking signalling that he just received a message. He immediately put down his guitar and a silly smile crept on his face as he saw who the message was from.

Yonghwa can't believe what he's seeing. It was the first time he saw Jonghyun that oblivious to his surroundings. He then decided to make their lead guitarist aware of his existence, he knocked on his door. Jonghyun then spun around his chair and saw his leader standing at his doorway.

"Hyung! I didn't realized that you were going home tonight. What time did you get home?"

"Really? You really didn't see me all this time?"

"What do you mean hyung?"

"Let's just say, I saw it when you made Yoona kiss you on the lips. That you almost ran on a red light. That you were texting all the time you were on the elevator. That you dropped your keys by the door because your cellphone suddenly rang..."

"You mean..."

"Yes." Yonghwa then sat in Jonghyun's bed while waiting for his words to sink in his friend's brain.

"I'm sorry hyung if I was rude."

"No it's okay. What worries me is that you're supposed to be on your guard. Imagine, if you didn't knew I was with you all this time how much more would you be aware if the stalker was the one following you."

Jonghyun then realized the mistake he made. He cursed himself and threw his phone to his bed almost hitting Yonghwa. "I'm so stupid!"

Yonghwa then laughed at his friend. "You think this is funny hyung?" Jonghyun asked Yonghwa. He was getting irritated. "No, but that's not the reason I was laughing." Yonghwa said making Jonghyun confused. "You're starting to fall for a girl you claim you hate to the core."

Jonghyun looked at Yonghwa sullenly, "No hyung, I'm not starting to fall for her, I've already fallen hard." It was Yonghwa's turn to be shocked. He never expected Jonghyun to just confess his feelings for Yoona that easily. "I know you're shocked hyung, I was also shocked when Jonghoon and Hongki made me realize my feelings for her." He again took his guitar and started playing the chords of Imagine. "I never thought I'd fall for her. But when we started spending time together, I got to know her better, that she's not just a pretty face. She's innocent, hardworking, sweet, loving, funny, anything you can ask for a girl. And I want to protect that. I never want anything bad to happen to her. I'm in love hyung, I really am."

Yonghwa stared at the younger man in front of him. He too knew that feeling of wanting to protect the girl you love. But he also know that being in a pretend relationship would cause confusion between what's reel and real, he should know, he's been there with Seohyun. It was one of the reason why he distanced himself from Seohyun, he wanted to know for himself if what he's feeling is real.

"Are you sure that you love her?" He asked. Jonghyun stopped playing his guitar and understood where Yonghwa is coming from.

"I asked that same question over and over again today for at least a thousand times."

"And?"

"And I realized I do. Hyung, I've never been this happy with a girl before. It's like she's the perfect piece that's been missing since I was born. She just felt right. I was so jealous when she said the stalker is good looking. I don't want her to appreciate men other than me. I want her to just see me. I think I understand what the stalker feels for her, I want her to be mine alone."

"Yah! Listen to yourself. You're getting creepy as that stalker."

"No hyung, I'm too different from him. I would never want to hurt her. If she wants me gone, I'll go, I will never force myself on her. All I want is for her to be happy. Aisshhhhh..... your cheesiness is rubbing on me." Jonghyun said while brushing his arms up and down.

"But you do know that your situation would make her doubt your feelings for her more. She might think that everything you're doing is just an act. You would need to double your efforts just to prove to her you love her. And with this stalker running around, she'd be more hesitant to trust the opposite . You might end up broken to pieces in the end. Are you ready for that?"

"I've thought about that hyung. There really is a big possibility that I'd be hurt in the end, but right now, I've decided to just enjoy my time with her as long as it lasts, hopefully forever."

 

True to Yoona's words, the next day pictures of Jonghyun and Yoona surfaced the net causing a big commotion. Everyone was asking what their relationship is. Why there were together. What right does Jonghyun have to drag Yoona. That Yoona's too good for Jonghyun. That Jonghyun's too good for Yoona. That Jonghyun's just using Yoona to get more popular. That Yoona has lost her mind for falling for Jonghyun. Etc.

Jonghyun and Yoona were called to Lee Sooman's Office. Much to their surprise, aside from Lee Sooman, Han Seongho, president of FNC was also there waiting for them.

"Young man, I thought you didn't want to publicized your relationship with her?" Lee Sooman asked.

"Sir, we realized that the stalker is not buying our act. We had an encounter with him two nights ago and he didn't buy our bluff." Jonghyun said.

"We even put on a show in front of him but still he said he won't believe us." Yoona followed up. "So we decided to act it out 24/7. We don't know when he's watching and when he's not."

"So is it okay for you guys if we make an official announcement that you two are together?" Han Seongho asked. The two young people looked at each and nodded at the same time.

"But still I ask you sir, please avoid associating Yoona to me on issues she's not involved in. I still don't want people to think that I'm using her popularity." Jonghyun said.

"Okay. It will be the same with Yoona. At least now you can date anytime you want since the media knows about you two." Lee Sooman said.

"You two go on ahead. Me and Mr. Lee would have to talk how to settle this." Mr. Han ordered.

As soon as the two left the office, Jonghyun automatically hold Yoona's hand. Yoona looked at him, he smiled and said, "Why? What's wrong with me holding my girlfriends hand?"

"We're inside the most secured part of our building, do you think this is still necessary?" Yoona said as she lifts their hands.

"Of course it is. We agreed to do it 24/7 right. We need to prove to everyone that we’re together. Besides I like holding your hands."

"Hahahaha," Yoona laughed sarcastically. "Yeah right.” Yoona then paused, “Hon, don't you have a girl you like?"

“Of course I do. I’m just a normal boy who likes a beautiful girl.”

“Really? I see. Don’t you have regrets coz of this?”

“Oh believe me I do have some regrets.” He said. He regrets that if he tells her he likes her, she would just misinterpret it as part of their act. "Why suddenly ask these questions? Jealous?"

"In your dreams. It's just that, I'm beginning to feel sorry for you. With this thing we're doing, you won't be able to confess with the girl you really like especially after they announce it to the public."


“Don’t think about it. Believe me, right now, where I am is where I want to be.”

“Cute answer. Still, now that I’ve come to know you better, I just don’t want to become a hindrance to your happiness. You’re a good guy, you deserve to be in a real relationship with the person you really like. You don’t deserve this. I would really understand if you would want to put a stop into this act. Just tell me now before they make the announcement.”

Jonghyun then stopped walking and made Yoona face him.

"Would it really be okay with you if I stop the act with you?"

"I won't force you to stay if you really want to stop."

"What if I tell you that everything I did since the start of this crazy week is real? Would you believe me?"

"Easy question. No."

"Why?"

"Because you hate me."

"What if I say I don't hate you anymore?" Jonghyun then stepped closer to Yoona, their faces were only inches apart.

"Really? You don’t hate me anymore?" Yoona asked nervously.

“Nope. Do you still hate me?” He leaned a bit more closer.

“No I don’t.” Yoona felt it hard to breath for some reason.

“Then would you believe me if I tell you that these past few days were my most happiest days?”

“No.”

“Why?”

“Because we’re just acting.”

“What if i tell you I stopped acting a long time ago, would you believe me?”

Before Yoona can answer the question, Jonghyun sealed Yoona’s lips with his own. He peeked and saw Yoona’s eyes were opened wide. He waited for her to push him away but instead he felt her eyes close and she began to respond to his kisses. Before Jonghyun can take their kiss to the next level, they heard someone say “Yoona noona? Jonghyun hyung?”

The kiss was abruptly ended by Yoona whose face was blushing hard. Jonghyun put his arms around her shoulders to prevent Yoona from running away. He smiled at the person who interrupted them.  “Minho.” He said.

“Since when were you two together? I never knew you two were even close.” Minho said.

“Two weeks right Hon?” Jonghyun asked Yoona. Yoona just nod.

“Lee Sooman knows this?” Minho asked.

“Yes he does and we have his blessings.” Yoona finally found her voice.

“Oh I see. Word of advice, you should get a room. I don’t know what could’ve happen if I didn’t interrupted you two.” He then smiled wickedly to the lovers and left them.

The two were silent for a while. Yoona looked at Jonghyun who didn’t looked embarrassed at all instead he was smirking. He then pushed the hair that fell on her face and smooth her hair with his hands.

“See it’s all an act.”

Jonghyun then looked at Yoona not understanding her last statement. “What do you mean Hon?”

“You saw Minho coming that’s why you kissed me.”

“What?”

“Don’t worry I’m not mad. I know we need to convince everybody. But do we really have to kiss all the time just to make them believe?”

“Yoona, I just told you...” Yoona didn’t let him finish. She suddenly put her arms on his neck and kissed him fully on the lips. Now it was Jonghyun’s turn to get shocked. Yoona then pulled away before Jonghyun can react. She wiped his lips and smiled sweetly at him. She then looked behind him and bowed. “Boa unnie, nice seeing you here.  I would like you to meet Lee Jonghyun of CN Blue my boyfriend.”

Jonghyun then turned around and saw Boa and he two bowed. “Nice meeting you Boa-ssi.”

“You two are together?” Boa asked.

Yoona then wrapped her arms around Jonghyuns and smiled. “Yes unnie.”

“Congratulations. I hope you two will be happy. I need to go ahead. Take care of Yoona Jonghyun-ssi.”

“Yes I will.”

As soon as they were again alone in the hallway, Yoona again smiled at Jonghyun, “I think I’m getting the hang of this whole thing Hon. I think we’re doing just great. But please let’s try to think of something other than kissing as means to make them believe us.”

Jonghyun wanted badly to tell Yoona his feelings are real. “But Yoona...”

“No buts. We will think of something else. I know you enjoy kissing me and don’t get me wrong, you are one good kisser too but still let’s think of something else please?”

Jonghyun was speechless. She just said that he’s a good kisser. Does it mean she likes kissing him too?

Yoona then looked at him. “Lee Jonghyun stop staring. Let’s go. I’m hungry. I’m buying lunch. What do you want to eat? Do you want to eat spaghetti?”

“Spaghetti? I don’t like spaghetti. Can you cook something for me instead?”

“You really want me to cook for you?”

“Yes.”

“Okay. Let’s go to your dorm.”

“Why our dorm?”

“Because you have lesser people who lives there. It’s more peaceful there than in ours. Believe me, even if you will be surrounded by beautiful girls there, in about 30 minutes you’d curse me for bringing you there.”

“Why?”

“Coz they will annoy you to death with stupid questions. Remember what my three unnies did in WGM when they went to Hyunnies house?”

“Yes.”

“They were only three them, imagine all 7 unnies and one me doing that to you.”

Jonghyun can’t help but laugh. “Shall we go to the CNBlue dorm my dear?”

“Not until we finished buying the ingredients first. How many peo”Iple would I cook for?”

“Three? Unless Jungshin left the dorms, it would be just us two.”

“Okay. Let’s go. But you will sing a song for me as payment for me cooking for you.”

“No problem.”

 

As soon as they entered the dorms Yoona saw a familiar set of girls shoes by the entrance. And she showed it Jonghyun. Jonghyun smiled and signalled her to be quiet and Yoona nodded. Silently they walked towards Yonghwa’s room and they saw a small opening. They both peeked in and saw Seohyun lying on Yonghwa’s lap and Yonghwa was brushing her hair. They looked so contented and happy that the two peeping toms can’t help but smile at their friends. Unfortunately Yoona lost control of her footing and felt herself falling, she tried to grab on to Jonghyun but he was caught unaware, he too lost his balance and the two of them fell on the floor inside Yonghwa’s room with Jonghyun on top of Yoona.

Seohyun suddenly stood up and saw her unnie under Jonghyun.  Yonghwa then laughed at the sight of the two but Seohyun shot him a warning look that stopped him instantly. Seohyun and Yonghwa helped Yoona and Jonghyun stand up.

“Hyung I thought you have filming today?” Jonghyun asked Yonghwa as they were going to the living room.

“It was cancelled. There were some problems with the location so they said we’d just reschedule the shoot tomorrow.”

“Joohyun, since when did you get here?” Yoona asked the younger girl.

“Oppa called me as soon as the filming was cancelled and decided to pass by our dorm. But since all seven unnies were there, we decided to come here instead.”

Yoona and Jonghyun shared a meaningful look and laughed together. “See I told you. Even Yonghwa oppa didn’t want to spend time with our seven unnies.”

“Believe me Jonghyun, you won’t last a day with all of them in the same room.”

Seohyun then slapped Yonghwa’s arm. “That’s mean oppa. How was the trip to the office?” Seohyun asked Yoona and Jonghyun.

“Both presidents were there and we’ve decided to go public.” Jonghyun said.

“Are you okay with that?” Yonghwa asked Jonghyun and the latter just nodded.

“I gave him the chance to escape but he didn’t took it.” Yoona told Yonghwa. Yonghwa looked at Jonghyun questioningly but Jonghyun decided to ignore him.

“But why are you guys here?” Asked Seohyun.

“Because we’re both hungry and we’ve decided that I’ll cook us some lunch. It’s a good thing I bought ingredients good for ten people.” Yoona said. She then picked up the food and asked Seohyun to help her cook.

“Where are the two maknaes?” Jonghyun asked Yonghwa as the two girls started to cook.

“I send them off to an errand?”

“What errand?”

“Just a random errand.”

“You just wanted to have the dorm all to yourself and hyungsoonim.”

“Yes and it’s still a big failure since the two of you came here.” Jonghyun just laughed at Yonghwa’s childishness.

“Don’t you think it would be better if we just call them back? Yoona’s cooking for ten people. We don’t want the food to go to waste.” Jonghyun whispered to Yonghwa.

Just then Yonghwa heard Seohyun talking on the phone, “Jungshin chinggu, where are you guys?... Really... Want to come back here? Yoona unnie’s cooking lunch and she prepared a lot... Good then we will set the table for six... See you in a while.”

“I guess your buin decided to take matters in her own hands again.” Jonghyun then looked at Yonghwa’s very disappointed face and laughed at his hyung. 

 

*******************************************

A/N: Again I'm sorry about the confusion. For some reason my internet earlier was too slow. Maybe when I refreshed the page it went back to the older draft. It's a good thing I haven't erased the one I wrote with Word. I hope you guys would be able to forgive me. 

I won't be able to reply to your comments today since I'm going to Batangas (A province in the Philippines) today. I'll be there the whole day so I might not be able to update tonight. But do anticipate next chapter for FTIsland, CNBlue and SNSD will have a reunion... Too much spoilers... tsk tsk tsk... My Hongki will be back and the rest of the gang. Expect some fun, of course romance and some angst next chapter.