Volume 3, Chapter 10 "Jonghoon"

Playing Cupids

"CONFUSIONS"

 

"Hyung? Yuri?" Was all he can say. He can't believe what he's seeing. Geunsuk and Yuri? Why are they hugging.

As soon as Yuri heard Jonghoon she immediately broke free from Geunsuk's embrace. She then excused herself from Geunsuk and tried to escape the inevitable. But as she walks past Jonghoon, he held on her arm stopping her from going. "Please let me go." Is all she can say. Jonghoon became more confused because she's acting all guilty. "What's happening here?" He asked. "Please let me go." She again said. "No we should talk." He insisted. "Please not right now. I need to think." This time she looked at him. Jonghoon saw tears in her eyes. He then looked at Geunsuk. "I think you better let her go. We should talk." His friend said to him.

He knew there's now way Yuri will talk or explain things to him now. Slowly he let go of her hand and she ran as fast as she can away from those two boys.

"Hyung what are you doing here?" Jonghoon asked Geunsuk.

"I needed to talk to Yuri." Geunsuk answered.

"And why is that hyung?" Jonghoon questioned.

"I needed to know where I stand?" His friend answered.

"Stand? What do you mean?" Jonghoon's getting more confused by the second.

"What time is your performance?" Geunsuk said changing the subject.

"We're the first the first to perform." Jonghoon said.

"Is that so. I want to talk to the boys. Come on bring me to them." Geunsuk said pulling Jonghoon.

Jonghoon pulled his arm away from Geunsuk. "No hyung, we need to talk. I want answers. I'm really confused right now." He said.

"We will talk later after you guys perform. They're calling you now. We have all the time after you guys sing. I also miss Hongki. He'll get mad if he knew I was here and didn't even said hi to him." He said.

Just then a backstage staff came to them, "Jonghoon-ssi, please go to your room now. We will be starting the program in 10 minutes. You've got to set-up now."

Jonghoon looked at Geunsuk with eyes full of questions. "Jonghoon, I promise I'll tell you everything after your performance. Now let's go meet the guys." Geunsuk then started walking away from him and he just followed.

Jonghoon tried hard to concentrate on their performance. It was a good thing that the instrumentation wasn't live or else he will be all over the place. It was also a good thing that the "Hello, Hello" song is a sad song and he didn't need to smile. His sad, confused, angry aura fits the song just right.

As soon the performance ended, Jonghoon hurriedly went down the stage. He knew he needed to get to Geunsuk before Hongki does or he won't be able to talk to his hyung at all. He almost ran back to their room where Geunsuk was waiting for them.

As soon as he entered the room, he hurriedly put his guitar in its case and as soon as he secured everything he asked Geunsuk to join him outside so that they can talk. The two of them went on the rooftop of the building and fortunately no one was there.

"Hyung, please tell me what happened earlier. I'm going crazy now. If our friendship even mean anything to you please tell me the reason why I saw you hugging my fiance earlier." Jonghoon started.

Geunsuk then walked towards railings and looked at the view. "Heechul hyung introduced me to SNSD when the two of us began our MCing days. Out of all the nine girls, Kwon Yuri caught my attention. I befriended her and began to like her as we become closer. Soon we started to date. It was quite serious." Jonghoon's jaw then tightened and Geunsuk continued on.

"Then I started to get busy with filming. In short we grew apart. I don't have the heart to end it with her so I left everything hanging. Then I heard of rumors of her dating around and believe me everytime she dated someone it was as if an arrow is shot to my heart." Geunsuk smiled painfully with that confession. Jonghoon just stared at him.

"Have you seen the video when I called Tiffany when we were doing a parody of "Genie" in "You're Beautiful?"" Geunsuk asked Jonghoon and the latter just nodded his head.

"What they didn't caught was that I talked to Yuri after talking to Tiffany. I asked if we can meet and she agreed and we began to date again. But this time, she's the one who was having a hard time finding time for me for SNSD's becoming one of the most sought after group in Korea. For the second time we grew apart." Geunsuk paused and his expression was as if he was in a lot of pain.

"Then when I thought I was finally over her, I heard about your engagement with her. It was the most painful thing I've experienced my whole life. Why you of all people? Why should Yuri be engaged to a dongsaeng of mine? I thought I can finally let her go. Believe me when I say I came here tonight with the intention of having a closure with her, but as soon as I saw her, everything came back as if we were never apart. I realized I can't let her go, not even to you."

Jonghoon began to squeeze his fist tightly. He wants to hit Geunsuk so bad but somehow in a very weird way, he knows where Geunsuk is coming from. "Hyung," he began, "are you in love with her?" He asked.

Geunsuk then face him, "I am. I'm so in love with her. I too believe that she still has feelings for me. She hugged me back. I felt her longing for me. I'm not telling you this to make you jealous, it's what I really felt before you barged into us."

Jonghoon searched Geunsuk's face for any lies but found none. "What can make you let her go?" Jonghoon asked.

"When she tells me herself that she's not in love with me and she wants me to be just her friend. We both know Yuri is one honest girl with her feelings. Has she ever told you she's in love with you?" Geunsuk asked.

"I think she does but to answer your question, she haven't told me she does." Jonghoon said and both boys were silent for a moment.

"I'm sorry Jonghoon but I will not let her go until she tells me to." Geunsuk then said. He knew there's nothing else to talk about. Both knew Yuri's the only one who can solve this problem.

 

It's been an hour since Geunsuk left Jonghoon on the rooftop. What Geunsuk confessed to him kept on repeating in his head. He wanted to get mad but he doesn't know to whom. He knew if he and Yuri weren't forced to get engaged, Geunsuk and Yuri might get together again. He also knew that what Yuri have with Geunsuk is years of history while the two of them were just in the beginning phase. But still he's not willing to give her up too.

He was sitting on the floor with his eyes closed when he felt someone sat beside him. He then opened his eyes and found Hongki handing him a bottled water. "Care to share what's bothering you?" Hongki asked and Jonghoon then told Hongki everything that Geunsuk told him. Hongki was speechless. Geunsuk was a precious friend but Jonghoon is his best friend.

"You know I somehow understand Yuri's feelings. Both of you are great guys. Don't get me wrong, I'm not turning gay on you, I'm just saying both you and hyung are great catches and that's what making her confused." Hongki said.

"Can't you just say that you're on my side? I'm your bandmate. I'm your bestfriend. I'm the one beside you right now. Can't you just boost up my confidence?" Jonghoon asked his friend.

"Do you want me to lie to you?" Hongki asked and Jonghoon knew that's the last thing he wants.

"Do you think I have a chance against hyung?" asked Jonghoon.

"No." Hongki answered honestly. "But everything will depend on Yuri noona. What do you plan to do now?"

"I honestly don't know." was all Jonghoon can say.

 

Yoona knew something was wrong with Yuri as soon as she entered their designated room but she decided not to ask until they're home. As soon as SNSD arrived at their dorms, all the girls went directly to their rooms to rest. Yoona, hurriedly cleaned herself and as soon as she finished, she went to the kitchen and prepared something to drink. She found Seohyun sitting at the sofa with her phone busy texting and only one person can bring out that silly expression to her face. Seohyun then saw her. "Unnie, Jonghyun oppa texted me earlier asking if you were okay? Why is he asking me that when you have your own phone?"

"It's because I'm not texting him today?" Yoona answered.

"Are you two in a fight?" Seohyun asked.

"No." Yoona simply answered.

"Then why are you not texting him? Did he wronged you in some way?" Seohyun was curious with Yoona's weird behavior.

"No." Yoona again said.

Then it dawned on Seohyun what Yoona was doing. "Unnie, believe me when I say that "mildang" doesn't always ends up with the results that you want. Believe me, I know." Seohyun said as she shook her head pitying the lead guitarist of CNBlue for having a mischievous girlfriend.

Yoona then remembered what happened to Yonghwa when he pulled the "mildang" on Seohyun. She immediately took out her phone and found it asking her to delete some messages since the inbox is full. She smiled when she saw Jonghyun sent her over 50 messages but frowned when she read the last message saying "If you will not answer me before the night ends, I will go to your dorm and I will sleep with you in your bed regardless who you're sharing your bedroom with."

Yoona knew that Jonghyun meant that message and she checked the time and found that it was already 11:55 pm. She immediately texted him, "Hon, I'm sorry, I miss you too. Don't worry I'm okay. I love you. Please don't get mad."

Seconds later Yoona again received a message, "Hyung said, you're pulling a "mildang" with me. Don't even think about it. I promise you, you will regret it."

"And what will you do?" Yoona texted back.

"Secret." was the only word in the replied message from Jonghyun.

"Yah Lee Jonghyun, don't even think you can scare me!" Yoona angrily texted back.

"I'm not scaring you. I'm just telling you the truth and I love you too. Good night witch!" says the message from Jonghyun.

"I can see that you've finally reconciled with your boyfriend. I guess you lost this battle unnie." Seohyun said as she turned off the lights and went inside her room.

Yoona counted 60 seconds and soon a door opened and out came Yuri.

Yuri directly went to the kitchen and fixed herself "the sandwich." Yoona realized that it's serious for Yuri only makes "the sandwich" when she's having a big problem.

"So spill! What happened to you?" Yuri was startled that the sandwich almost fell out of her hands.

"Yah, Im Yoona don't do that! Don't sneak up on people and I don't know what you're talking about." Yuri tried to deny but Yoona knew her too well so eventually she told her everything.

"Geunsuk oppa's back?" Yoona knew everything that went on between Geunsuk and Yuri. She also knows the unresolved feelings of Yuri for Geunsuk but Yoona also knows that Yuri has feeling for her fiance and this only means trouble.

Yuri just nodded in response to Yoona's question. "What do you plan to do now?" Yoona kept on questioning Yuri.

"Continue with Jonghoon?" Yoona detected uncertainty with her friends voice.

"What about Geunsuk oppa?"

"..."

"What do you feel for Jonghoon?" Yoona asked.

"I think I love him."

"What about Geunsuk oppa?"

"I've loved him for the longest time."

"Who can't you live without?"

"..."

"Once you answer that question, this problem of yours will be solved."

 "I know."

 

After her chat with Yoona, Yuri came back to her room more confused than ever. She checked her phone for messages. She only has two.

The one from Geunsuk says, "I still love you and I never stopped loving you."

The one form Jonghoon says, "Our agreement still stands, no wedding until we are both in love with each other. Not only one but both. But I'm still hoping that someday it's you who's walking towards me on that fateful day."

Yuri felt she has the worst headache that night.

 

**********************************************

A/N: Guys I'm so sorry if it took me a long long time to update. i was busy this past week. Sorry for all the delays. I am so grateful to all those who subscribed and commented. I still hope you will keep on reading this story.

 

About Geunsuk and Jonghoon, I assumed they're close since they're also part of the "Chocoballs" and they're one tight nit group. Speaking of Chocoballs, Heechul's enlistment on the 1st of September is a sad news. He'll be missed badly.

 

Please continue to subscribe and comment. Good night for now.