Vol. 2 Chap. 3 "Jonghyun"

Playing Cupids

 

The man just laughed at what Jonghyun said. "You're just bluffing. You can not be her boyfriend. I've been following her for a year now and I've never seen you two together until last month when Yoona went with Seohyun in FNC."

Yoona then looked at Seohyun with much fear in her eyes. Seohyun then went out of the room and hugged her sister. Jonghyun looked behind him and saw that Yoona's shaking with fear. "You do know that we can sue you for stalking right?" he said threatening the guy.

The man laughed again. "You're a funny guy you know. Sue me? Why? Did I do something bad to her? I just look out for her. I've even rid some of her stalkers. It's just that today's my birthday and I thought why not talk to her as my gift for myself."

"Just back off. You're scaring my girlfriend." Jonghyun pushed the guy.

"Oh please!!! Stop pretending that you're in a relationship with her. I know that Seohyun and Yonghwa is the one in a relationship and not you two." The man said. Seohyun's nose flared. She realized that this guy is very dangerous. Unknown to the other three, Seohyun video called her boyfriend just as soon as Jonghyun knocked on the door making Yonghwa and Hongki see everything that’s been happening.

Yonghwa who was on the other end of the line got really mad and decided to go where Seohyun and the two were not really caring what people think but Hongki stopped him "Hyung, relax. We need to trust Jonghyun to get out of this mess. You will just make the problem bigger if people will see and recognize you."

"Believe what you want. I don't care because you don't matter.” Jonghyun said signalling Seohyun to leave first. He grabbed Yoona’s hands and motioned her to follow Seohyun and he followed the two. The man suddenly said, “Lee Jonghyun-ssi, I will never stop following Yoona, you can bet on that. Yoona, never forget, I am the only man that can make you happy.”

Jonghyun then stopped on his track and was about to go back to the man but Yoona stopped him. “Just let it go. He wants attention and he knows it will cause more problems if you will hit him. Please let’s just go.” Yoona begged. Jonghyun saw the fear in her eyes and decided to ignore the guy and get her as far away as he can from the man. He then put his arms around her shoulders and while walking he grabbed her head and pulled it towards him and he kissed her hair then looked back at smirked at the man.

The man’s face turned red and ran after them. Jonghyun then let go of Yoona and faced the man. Seohyun grabbed hold of Yoona. The man threw a fist at Jonghyun but Jonghyun just dodged it. The man kept on trying to hit Jonghyun but to no avail. Jonghyun then saw and opening and kicked the man in the stomach and the man fell. Jonghyun then went over to the man “Don’t ever let me see you following Yoona again.” He then went back to the girls and left the man.

When they arrived at the car, Yonghwa went out of the car and told Jonghyun to sit in front with Hongki. He then let Yoona in first then Seohyun and he entered last.

“How are you Yoona?” Asked Hongki.

“I’m fine. I’m just a bit tired and I want to rest for now.” The girl said wearily.

“Unnie, you can just use my lap as a pillow. You can sleep for now.” Offered Seohyun.

“Thanks Hyunnie, maybe later.” Yoona smiled at Seohyun.

“Here, take this pillow, it’s clean you can use it.” Hongki told Yoona and the girl smiled gratefully at him.

Everyone was silent, Hongki kept on driving. Seohyun leaned her head on Yonghwa’s shoulder while Yonghwa kept on playing with her hands. Jonghyun kept his eyes on Yoona who kept her eyes close. One will think that she’s sleeping until Jonghyun saw a tear fell from her eyes.

“Hyun, where’s your manager? Have you contacted him?”

Seohyun nodded at Yonghwa’s question. “He’s with his family right now. Unnie and I told him to visit his family since we will be going back to Japan in a short while. I didn’t want to bother him with this that’s why I called you. I’m sorry if we have been a nuisance to you guys but we’re very grateful for coming to help us.”

Hongki and Jonghyun just smiled at her. Yonghwa squeezed her hands.”Hongki, bring us to our dorm first. We need to make a plan while these girls are here in Korea.”

Hongki just nodded at Yonghwa’s instructions.

They’ve decided to use the backdoor of the building since it’s more private.

“Oppa. Unnie fell asleep. Should I wake her up?” Seohyun asked Yonghwa.

“No, just let her sleep.” He told Seohyun. “Jonghyun, carry her inside.” Ordered Yonghwa.

“What? You’ve got to be kidding me hyung!” Jonghyun whined. Yonghwa glared at him. “Fine.” He finally said.

Jonghyun piggy backed Yoona. “She’s too light. Does this girl eat?” He told himself.

Seohyun and Yonghwa followed behind Jonghyun and Yoona. Hongki was still parking the car. As soon as the four of them entered the dorm Yoona woke up from her sleep. She then realized that she’s being carried by a man, she suddenly panicked recalling the incident earlier. She suddenly hit the guys head and shrieked.

Jonghyun suddenly felt his head being hit and Yoona began to struggle behind him and kept on shouting. He then let her go and stopped her from hitting him further. Seohyun ran behind Yoona and hugged her. “Unnie, it’s okay. You’re safe. I’m here. It’s Jonghyun oppa, we’re safe.” Seohyun said trying to calm down Yoona. Yoona then started to cry. All her pent up emotions exploded and can’t seem to stop crying. Seohyun cried with her. She knew how scared Yoona got with the events earlier.

After they calmed down, they led Yoona in Yonghwa’s bedroom. Yonghwa and Jonghyun left the girls and went to the living room.

“What just happened?” Asked Jonghoon who witnessed everything for he, Minhyuk and Jungshin were in the living room when the group arrived.

Yonghwa then told them what happened in the university. Jonghyun was quiet all the time Yonghwa was telling the story. Hongki then arrived and joined in the conversation.

“Those stalkers should rot in jail!” Minhyuk exclaimed.

“But he’s right. We can’t just sue him. This is his first time approaching Yoona but he said so himself that he’s been following Yoona for a year now. He even knew about Yoona and Seohyun going to FNC and hyung’s relationship with Seohyun.” Hongki told the group.

“We need to do something while the girls are here in Korea until they go back to Japan. Seohyun told me that they have exams coming up. They can’t afford some distractions right now from their studies.” Yonghwa said.

“Hyung as much as we want to help we’re afraid we can’t. We are going back to Japan in two days. But until then we will help.” Jonghoon told Yonghwa.

“I have an idea.” Hongki then blurted out. “Why don’t we keep on the act of having Jonghyun act as Yoona’s boyfriend?”

“Don’t even think about it.” Jonghyun told Hongki. “Why don’t we ask help from her oppa’s in SM? I’m sure they’d be more than willing to help.”

“No it’s okay. I’ll be just fine.” Yoona said interrupting the boys and Seohyun following her. “I don’t want to involve anyone anymore with these problems. I’ve dealt with crazy fanboys before and sooner or later they’d get tired and would stop doing silly things.”

“I don’t think this guy is like those fanboys unnie. He even said earlier that he’d been following you for a year now. He even knew my relationship with oppa. I don’t think he’d stop anytime soon.”

“I think Seohyun’s right.” Hongki said. “From what I saw earlier, he is one determined guy. It’s a good thing it was Jonghyun who went to get you.”

Yoona then looked at Jonghyun who looked bored. “Can I have a talk with Jonghyun alone?” she asked.

“Sure.” Yonghwa said. “You two can go to his room and talk. Don’t worry, he’s harmless and you can just shout if he try anything stupid.”

“As if I’d do something with her.” Jonghyun said. He stood up and led Yoona to his room. He motioned for Yoona to sit in a chair and he made himself sit on the bed. “So what is it you want to talk about?” He asked Yoona.

Yoona fidgeted with her hands and looked at him nervously. For some reason, Jonghyun was feeling nervous too, he just don’t know why. “First I would like to apologize for hitting you earlier. I just woke up and didn’t know any better.” Jonghyun just stared at her so she decided to go on. “Second, thank you for helping me out earlier. I don’t know how I would’ve escaped that man, third, sorry for involving you in this problem and lastly thank you for pretending to be my boyfriend.” Yoona said the last statement shyly.

Jonghyun found her confession amusing. For the first time that day he smiled his back to his usual self. Seeing Yoona safe gave him relief from all angst he felt earlier. He then stared at her and waited for her to look at him. When she finally looked at him and saw him smiling she smiled back.

“It’s okay. It was fun seeing you scared out of your wits.” Jonghyun joked but Yoona took it differently.

Yoona can’t believe what she just heard. She felt her blood boil with anger. “What? Do you think think it’s fun being stalked? You mean you enjoyed seeing me scared? And why did you kissed me earlier not once but twice. You’re a ert too. You’re just like that stalker.” Yoona shouted at Jonghyun.

“What? You are one ungrateful witch! I just helped you and now you’re calling me a ert? You were the one who hugged me first. I just went with the flow you know.”

“But you didn’t have to kiss me.”

“Did you think I enjoyed kissing you? It was just an act. Get over yourself.”

“You stupid boy with dimples on both cheeks, I hate you. I really hate you. Don’t you ever do that again or else I’ll be the one kicking you!”

“As if you can hit me. Are we done talking now? I am hungry and I don’t want to waste anymore time with you.” He then stood up and left Yoona in his room. Yoona followed him closely behind and the two joined their friends in the living room.

“Seohyun, can we go home now?” she asked the younger girl. Seohyun then looked at Yonghwa and Yonghwa stood up and got his car keys. “Hongki, come with us. I want someone with me when I come back here. It seems Jonghoon’s still enjoying playing with the boys and I want to discuss something with you.” Yonghwa said to Hongki. Hongki then stood up and readied himself.

Seohyun then bade farewell to her friends and Yoona bowed to all of them. Yonghwa then threw the car keys to Hongki, “you drive.” He told the younger boy.

“Is this why you want me to come? To be your driver?”

“Aish this guy. Just drive okay. I want to hold my girls hands until we need to part.”

“You’re too cheesy hyung. Fine I’ll drive just cut the crap out.”

The two girls giggled. Yoona then sat in front with Hongki and Yonghwa and Seohyun sat together at the back. The two cuddled making the two people in front almost gag.

“Would you two be ok in your dorms?” Hongki asked Yoona.

“Yah, I think so. The security in our dorms are quite tight. Seohyun and I will be just fine.” Yoona said.

“Just give us a call if something happens okay?” Hongki offered.

“Thank you for all your help today.” Yoona said.

The rest of journey was quiet except for some giggling that the two lovers make at the back. The two people in front just decided to ignore those two.

Upon arriving at SNSD dorm the girls thanked the boys and got out of the car. As soon as the girls entered the building, Hongki and Yonghwa went on their way.

“So hyung, what is it you want to discuss with me?” Asked Hongki.

“I just want to ask you something. Is Jonghyun and Yoona always like that?”

“Always like what?”

“Like fighting and stuff. They were just fine when they entered the room then suddenly they're shouting at each other.”

“Oh that... Yes hyung they’re always like that. You don’t even know half of it. When we were still doing our project, those two would always fight. Sooyoung would always shout at them to shut up. They fight over the tiniest thing but they look cute together though. Why suddenly ask?”

“Oh nothing. It’s just that it’s my first time witnessing them fight when they were in Jonghyun’s room. It was fun to watch honestly. I agree they look good together.”

“Want us to pair them up?”

“Yah Hongki, I don’t think it will be best to do that. I do think that they look good together but I think they would just kill each other sooner or later.”

“All the more reason for us to pair them up. It’s my first time seeing Jonghyun all fired up with a girl. I never thought he had those emotions in him. Only Yoona can make him go berserk like that. And same goes with Yoona.”

“Yah Lee Hongki, just don’t think about it. You and your schemes.”

“I was just thinking...”

“Aish Lee Hongki just shut up.”

 

Two days after the incident, the manager of CN Blue told Jonghyun to get ready and make himself presentable. Jonghyun was puzzled with his manager’s actions. He seemed edgy and he doesn’t like it when his manager is edgy for it means there’s something wrong or something big is about to happen. Being the good boy that he is, he hurriedly readied himself and left with the manager.

On the way to wherever they were going, Jonghyun fell asleep. His manager suddenly woke him up telling him that they have arrived. He opened his eyes and went out of the van following his manager not really knowing where he was. After they entered the building, Jonghyun realized that it was his first time in that building and when he looked around he saw familiar people.

“Hyung what are you doing here?” Jonghyun looked at the person talking to him.

“Minho, I really don’t know what I’m doing here. Where is this place?” He asked the younger boy.

“You’re in SME hyung.”

“You mean to say this is your company?”

“Yeah.”

Then his manager bowed to Minho and Minho bowed as well. “Let’s go, Jonghyun, he’s waiting for us.”

“I gotta go Minho. Nice seeing you.”

Jonghyun then followed his manager not really knowing where they were heading. After a while he found himself in a very elegant room. The secretary then stood up and greeted them and said, “Finally you’re here. You can go in now, Mr. Lee Soo Man is expecting you.”

 

****************************

A/N: At last I've finished this chapter. Please pardon the grammatical errors, I didn't have time to proof read this. It's 2:30 am here and I'm very sleepy now. I hope you guys liked this chapter. Thank you all for the comments and new subscribers. Please continue on supporting the story. If you're confused about something in the story, don't hesitate to ask.