Chapter Nine

The Good, the Bad, and the Ones in Love

Chapter Nine

Sungmin looked a bit confused at the Kyuhyun and the younger one just gave him a sad smirk. “Why are you choosing three?” Sungmin asked him and Kyuhyun just shrugged. “Can’t you figure it out on your own?” He taunted the older one but Sungmin decided to ignore it. He was curious, he had expected the younger one to say the first option, there had been a slight chance for the second (if the boy was suicidal but didn’t dare to do it on his own) but he hadn’t even considered that the younger one could choose three.

“No.” He answered honestly which surprised Kyuhyun. “Explain…” Sungmin ordered and Kyuhyun actually smirked.

“It isn’t that hard to see why I choose option number three, is it?” He asked but Sungmin shook his head. “I don’t get it.” And again Kyuhyun looked baffled by the honesty of the older one.

“Let’s go through all the options, okay?” Kyuhyun proposed to Sungmin who nodded and let himself fall on the filthy ground (his ankles hurt quite a bit from crouching all the time).

“In the first option,” Kyuhyun began, “you would’ve let me go. And you probably would have, but you would’ve followed me to stab me in the back, literally.” Kyuhyun deducted and Sungmin nodded and giggled. This boy was obviously smarter than your average person.

“But the most important thing why I couldn’t choose the first option is because I would abandon Hae, if I did. And I could never do that. That’s also the reason why I didn’t chose the second option. I would abandon him that way too.”

‘He’s so loyal’, Sungmin understood now why Kyuhyun had chosen the third option.

“The only way to stay in this building with your friend is by choosing the torture, you wouldn’t die and you would still be here.” Sungmin finished Kyuhyun’s line of thought and the younger one nodded.

Sungmin smiled as he stood up, a devilish idea came into his mind. “Well then, we should do what you chose.” He decided and he saw Kyuhyun panicking. Well the handsome face didn’t let any emotion show but those brown eyes did: they darted over the whole room, instinctively looking for an escape route.

Sungmin grabbed Kyuhyun’s wrists painfully and held them in the right position to cuff them like Eunhyuk had done. Then he also unfastened Kyuhyun’s manacles and he jerked him up in a standing position. It must have looked a bit strange because Sungmin was smaller than Kyuhyun but he decided to ignore that because he was stronger than the younger one and he pulled him out of the cell, allowing him to walk on his own.

Kyuhyun immediately used all his concentration to remember how they were walking. How he had to find his own way back if he needed to escape. He looked into every hallway that they crossed and watched where every door led to. That made him considerably slower and sometimes Sungmin had to grab the younger one’s bicep harshly to pull him along with him. They walked for quite some time before they halted for a door.

Kyuhyun saw a device on the door, which seemed like the lock on the door. Sungmin made Kyuhyun look away with his hand (he had placed his hand on Kyuhyun’s cheek and pushed it to the left) and typed the code. Kyuhyun heard four bleeps before the door opened and he could look inside. His mouth fell open and he glared at Sungmin who only gave him an innocent (not!) smile.

Sungmin pulled Kyuhyun inside while whispering in  his ear: “Let the torture begin!”

 

***

 

Donghae hugged his knees and stared out of the window from Eunhyuk’s room. Tears were falling from his eyes but he didn’t bother to wipe them away. He was sad and he didn’t care if Eunhyuk would walk inside, he should know how hurt he was by Eunhyuk’s actions!

Henry was gone, he couldn’t stay longer then when Donghae finished his dinner. He promised that he would come back to stay a bit longer but first he had to ask his superiors if that was alright. Still Donghae knew already quite a lot about Henry. The boy was sixteen years old and lived for six months already with Eunhyuk and company (exactly what kind of company, he wouldn’t tell Donghae). He only had a brother named Hangeng in China and the other person he considered family was Hangeng’s lover named Heechul. Both were terribly protective of him but still loved him very much so Henry didn’t mind. Henry now particularly worked as an errand boy so he still didn’t carry a gun with him but he hoped that he would be promoted soon so that he could carry a weapon (promoted to what Donghae didn’t remember…).

Tired as he was, Donghae let himself fall on the bed completely and he closed his eyes. Hoping that he could sleep somewhat despite his terrible situation. He didn’t have to worry because five minutes later he was sleeping.

 

***

 

“Mom, why is Donghae crying?” An six year old Yunho asked his mom who turned to her oldest son. “Because he’s scared of the plane.” She answered and hoisted Donghae up on her hip. The little boy kept crying while clinging to his mother’s neck. “Donghae sweetie, if you don’t want your mom dead then stop clinging so hard.” She said while trying to peel Donghae’s little arms of her neck. But Donghae didn’t listen and just continued with his almost strangling action.

Anne sighed and let it be. She grabbed Yunho’s little hand and then walked out of the plane. Yunho made little jumps of the stairs that were put in front of the plane to let the people get out of it. “Yunho, be careful. I don’t want you to fall of these stairs!” She warned her oldest. Yunho stopped and sulked while looking up to his mom. “I’m just excited to see grandpa and grandma!” And the grin came back on his face again and he led go of his mom’s hand.

Donghae had finally calmed down and began to clap in his hands when he saw a bus arriving to bring them into the airport. The three of them stood on the ground when Donghae pointed: “Bus, bus! Mom, a bus!” He delightfully said and Anne smiled while Yunho just rolled his eyes, his little brother was so stupid. He had been so often with the bus that it wasn’t special anymore.

“Yunho, are you coming?” Yunho heard his mom say and he quickly ran to her and grabbed her hand again and entered the bus. They searched for a spot and they found two chairs in the middle of the bus. Yunho sat down on the seat which was the closest to the window. His mom sat down next to him and let Donghae sit on her lap. His little brother now pointed at the plane: “Mom, a plane!” He told his mother and his mother just chuckled. “Do you like the plane, Donghae?” She asked him and Donghae nodded.

‘Liar…’ Yunho thought, he had been crying because he was scared of the plane and now he liked it. That was not true!

The bus stopped and everyone walked to the belt. Yunho patiently waited next to his mother while his little brother pointed at all the suitcases, exclaiming that it was theirs. Which was stupid because his mom had taken two suitcases, a red one and a green one. When Yunho saw the green one, he exclaimed: “Mom, that’s our suitcase.” His mom peered in the direction which Yunho pointed (she always did that when she didn’t wear her glasses) and then nodded. “Yes, you’re right.” She agreed and Yunho grinned to his little brother. But his brother didn’t see it and giggled when his mom asked him if he wanted to help. Donghae happily nodded and when the green suitcase came, Donghae put his hands on it. He held them on the suitcase while Yunho saw his mom lift it. Still his little brother exclaimed: “Yunho, look I’m carrying the suitcase.” Yunho nodded but silently thought that it looked stupid (he didn’t admit that he wanted to carry one of the suitcases too).

“I believe that there’s the red one.” His mother told Yunho and Donghae.

“I help again?” Donghae asked but his mom shook her head due Yunho’s surprise.

“No, sweetie, it’s too heavy. I think that Yunho has to help me with this one.” Yunho’s eyes lit up and with a proud feeling he walked to his mom. He had to help his mom, otherwise she wouldn’t be able to do it! He had never felt so… manly before!

His mom took one side of the suitcase while Yunho grabbed the other and he really felt the weight of the suitcase when they both lifted it up from the belt.

“Sweetie, be careful of your fingers.” His mom told him and Yunho nodded, being extra careful.

When both suitcases were on the ground, him mom took the red suitcase and lifted it up.

“Yunho can you pull the green suitcase with you?” She asked him and Yunho nodded. His mom smiled gratefully and they all walked to the arrival hall.

There in the middle of all the people they saw their grandpa and grandma, who waved to them.

“Grandpa, grandma!” Donghae, who had held his mom’s hand, let go and quickly waggled to his grandparents. His grandmother lifted Donghae up and pecked both his cheeks while Donghae grinned. “Oh my little man, what have you grown!” She exclaimed.

Yunho walked along with his mom, in a bit slower pace than Donghae. His mom greeted his granddad and began talking while his grandma now averted her attention to Yunho. “My big man has already grown so tall. I’m sure that you’ll will surpass me soon.” Yunho nodded absently and looked how his grandma dotted Donghae.

Still he heard also a bit about the conversation between his mother and his grandfather:

“So you still haven’t found him?” His grandfather asked and Yunho wondered who ‘him’ was.

“No, I have.” His mom said shortly and he saw his grandpa raising his eyebrows. “So why isn’t he here then?” His grandpa asked.

“Because Daniel brought the three of us in danger…”

 

Yunho woke up, Jaejoong was still peacefully sleeping against his shoulder. Carefully Yunho looked at his watch: 23:19. He still had to fly another six hours before they would land on the airport from his dream. 

 


You guys are really funny, do you know that?! I already said that it would be nearly impossible (though possible) to figure out who came into Anne's room and all of you are saying: 'Maybe it's Hae's dad?' But if it was that easy would I ever say that you couldn't figure it out (then I would think that you're really stupid)? Doesn't say however that I don't like that you guys are trying. Really I find it fun and I was sometimes really surprised by the original guesses such as Hae's principle or Hae's dad's brother... But for now, you should let the subject rest because Anne won't be appearing any time soon...

Then Kyuhyun's little choice. That one was easier but yet it was only one person who succeeded (yes, crime-tsumi you're the only one) or was it so easy that everybody thought: "Nah, let's comment on the stranger... maybe she'll give a hint?" Anyways yesterday it came to me that the only thing that I've been doing is giving you riddles... every chapter again... you guys must have been fed up with me, only giving you questions and no answers!

'Kay, so for the next time: Kyuhyun's torture!

Oh and I've been very dissapointed by the lack of upvotes (only one: thank you, mennie68) and subscribers (only six? Normally I get ten or something...) and not by the comments that's always been around eight. So I figured that maybe it's me... Maybe I need to do something more fun...

Anyways this is what I've come up with: You guys have twenty-four hours from now to either upvote 'till twenty upvotes (which shouldn't be so difficult with 80 subs) or to subscribe to hundered subscribers for this story... If you succeed You'll immediately get a new chapter which is twice as long as normal and with the thing that you all want (if you don't know what I'm talking about you should read the previous author's comments) if you don't then you have to wait until tomorrow...

Maybe this'll help: Please remember to comment, subscribe and upvote...