Chapter Fifty-Three

The Good, the Bad, and the Ones in Love

Chapter Fifty-Three

“WHY HAVEN’T THEY COME OUT YET?!” Daniel growled as he impatiently paced back and forth in the living room. His patience was running out with that monkey, he didn’t dare to think of how his little boy would be tainted by that gorilla!

“Because you’re bawling here like an angry baboon, Daniel. So keep your voice down a bit, I’m getting a headache.” Anne lectured him but still didn’t look up from her book which she was reading on the couch.

“I’m not the ape here, that darn Hyukjae is.” Daniel snapped back and stood still for a moment to glare at his wife who had zero interest in what was happening around her. But he didn’t yell anymore.

With a frustrated sound he let himself fall on the couch next to her. “I don’t get it, they’ve been in that room for four days now and you’re not angry at all. Don’t you care for your son?” He accused her and Anne finally looked up from her book and gave her husband an annoyed look: “Of course I care for him. That’s why I’m not screaming and yelling. Eunhyuk will take good care of Donghae, otherwise Donghae would’ve come out of that room already.”

Daniel let the information sink in while Anne grabbed her book again. The room was quiet until a door opened. The two of them looked up and saw a sulking Eunhyuk carrying a smiling Donghae inside.

Daniel couldn’t utter a word and Anne smiled at them: “So I see that you’ve finally got enough from each other.” Eunhyuk’s eyes widened a bit while Donghae just grinned. “Nah, my began to hurt so I forced Eunhyuk to stop. Oh and we were running out of food.”

His mother’s mouth formed an ‘o’ and then she focused on her book again. But that was also the moment that Daniel came back to life again. “I’m going to kill you, monkey. And I will rip out your tail and nail it to the wall as a trophy.” The dark air around him made Eunhyuk gulp a bit still he daringly glared back at Daniel, though his concentration was gone when he felt Donghae’s arms around his neck. Donghae pressed himself to Eunhyuk: “NO DAD! I can’t live without his tail.” He wailed and Eunhyuk snickered when he saw the conflicted expression on Daniel’s face.

“Well, then at least let me kill him.” He tried but Donghae shook his head.

“Castrate him?” He hoped but Donghae shook his head.

“Beat him up until he is knocked out?” Again, Donghae shook his head.

“Give him one punch?” Donghae looked a bit conflicted, he wanted his dad to be happy too but he found Eunhyuk more important so he shook his head again.

“No, you can do nothing to him. And I will sleep with him to make sure that you won’t murder him when he’s asleep!” Donghae quickly announced as he thought that it was better to say everything at once.

Daniel looked at him as if he had become crazy: “Then what fun do I get of all this?” He whined as the only thing that had kept him sane was the idea that he could get revenge on Eunhyuk.

Anne laid her book down, frustrated because her son and husband were glaring at each other. “Daniel, if Hae is going to sleep with Eunhyuk now, then I could sleep somewhere else too.” She said to him and Daniel looked at her with open mouth before walking up to Anne. He lifted her up in his arms while she was still protesting and he walked away. He exited the room while saying: “Good luck, boys.”

Eunhyuk put Donghae on the couch while they both stared at the door with open mouths. “What was that?” Eunhyuk asked his boyfriend and Donghae shrugged, he had no idea.

“I think that Daniel was just frustrated since he didn’t get any attention from Anne because she was with Donghae all the time. He took all that frustration out on Eunhyuk. But now that Anne has given her permission, he isn’t frustrated anymore and he won’t care for Eunhyuk anymore.” Kyuhyun’s voice sounded through the room and Donghae and Eunhyuk turned around to see him on a lounge chair in the corner of the room with a laptop on his lap. Both of their mouths hung open, Donghae recovered the quickest and he asked: “So he wasn’t an overprotective father?”

Kyuhyun shrugged: “I think he is but not as bad as you’ve seen him the last couple of weeks, just a bit overprotective.”

Eunhyuk made the time-out signal with his hands: “Wait a minute… for how long have you been here?”

“The entire time… you guys are great comical relief, you know.”

Donghae began laughing as Eunhyuk’s look darkened and he mumbled under his breath: “Sometimes I think that I should get Sungmin out of that cell just to make sure that that boy gets whipped.”

 

***

 

A month passed and everything seemed to work out alright. The only big problems were Sungmin and the dragon’s eye. Almost nobody wanted to solve Sungmin’s problem, leaving it for Anne and Kyuhyun to feed the man in the cell. Instead everyone focused on the dragon’s eye. Many expeditions were set out to find out who the thing could’ve stolen but there just was no lead. Anne told them a thousand times to leave the object to rest because it caused stress that she couldn’t handle. Why she couldn’t handle it, she wouldn’t tell but Heechul saw her occasional rubbing on her belly and he began to suspect something, not that he was going to say that to anybody. 

 

Anne was reading the newspaper when Daniel, Eunhyuk, Siwon and Hangeng walked up to her and sat down on the dinner table. “You look as white as a sheet, Anne.” Daniel sat next to her and rubbed her back as she closed the newspaper. “I’m just not feeling well.” She answered as she closed her eyes for a second before focusing on the other people on the table.

“What is it that the four of you are here?” She asked and they smiled as Siwon laid down a few pictures in front of her. “Zhou Mi found these-” Hangeng began but she immediately interrupted him: “Where?”

“On the Mediterranean Sea, they were shipping some illegal weapons and we also found out that they have some kind of relationship to the Japanese.”

“And you think that these persons have the dragon’s eye? But you don’t know if they have it. They could have some other business deals with them.” She countered but the men smiled and Siwon answered: “The thing that makes it suspicious is that they’ve had a number with phone calls directly with Kato.”

“And we found out that Kato rarely made any phone calls to people who weren’t from his family so it must’ve been important.” Daniel finished and the four men were grinning at her, obviously content with what they found out.

“Let me guess, and now you want to go to the Mediterranean to search for the dragon’s eye?” They all nodded. “What do you think?” Daniel inquired and Anne closed her eyes in thought. “It doesn’t matter what I think. Just go and find out and try not to make a big mess out of this.”

 


Well wasn't Daniel's reaction a big surprise? ^-^

Next up: Sungmin is free!

If you like this story, please let me know by subscribing, commenting or upvoting (^-^)